Cocomama Reviews

Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1987 Total Reviews

We got a private room, Van Gogh themed and it had art books, a huge auto portrait of Van Gogh, an easel and paintbrushes. The room was cleaned daily, towels changed. Felt like staying at a hotel. There are two lovely members of the staff that actually live in the house so the hostel has this cozy home feeling. When checking in you also get a lot of tips of what to do in Amsterdam. I'm staying there every time I go to visit Amsterdam!

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Romania
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great place to stay! Had a wonderful short stay at this Hostel, the staff were so friendly and knowledgeable. The location of the Hostel is great too only a tram ride away to the city center. All in all fantastic stay

• 20th Mar 2015

Good location, helpful staff, very well equipped kitchen, cosy living room, comfortable beds, 4-dorms-room small and basic with clean bathroom. I wish there were more deposition area (shelves, handles, ...) in the room, overall experience very good.

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

It would be good if padlocks for the lockers were included in the cost even just on loan - although I appreciate that not many hostels offer that.

• 14th Mar 2015

This hostel was absolutely great! The staff were so friendly and helpful, our room was perfect with a really comfy bed, and the few added extras made it a really lovely stay. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 12th Mar 2015

the sleeping room was so gorgeous and spacious!!! the common area is the best part though- a super comfy sectional couch and a nice kitchen area. beautiful backyard. all the staff are incredibly sweet and helpful. Jo you're awesome!! they have a cute cat that allows you to pet him! I am definitely recommending this place to my friends.

Really great little hostel. Staff could not have been more helpful from the moment I walked in, they even do your laundry! Excellent facilities all round, loved the common area/kitchen setup. Quite expensive but worth it I feel. Place would go off in summer I bet.

Excelent Hostel, it is small in size, which makes it good for meeting people. The events they organize are quite good. Location appears to be unconvenient, but actually I found it better. Within walking distance to the center, it makes it posible to be in a nicer neighborhood. Wi fi also works quite well. And most importantly...the staff is super nice! Recomended!

very Nice hostel! Worth a visit!

I had a great stay at cocomama! The staff are super friendly, inviting and helpful. The living room area is really relaxed and communal with lots of activities for everyone to get to know one another. Highly recommend for anyone wanting a comfortable stay in Amsterdam. Thanks cocomama gals :)

Great beds and friendly staff. Def recommend paying the extra to stay at such a small homely hostel.

Wow, I cannot speak highly enough of this place! Comfy beds, clean rooms, lovely staff, well equipped kitchen, ideal cosy social area for meeting fellow travellers, good location close to the museums and right next to a tram stop. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Cocomama to friends and I would definitely stay here again.

Aside from 3 story bunk bed, it was a great hostel. Top bunk bed was little high and inconvenient for me

The bed is perfect!! Feels like sleeping in a cloud. To make the hostel perfect, I would only add breakfast in there and hairdryers. I love the activities that they have avaiable every day.

• 26th Feb 2015

This is my second time staying at Cocomama. This time was not as good as the first but still a great experience overall. Only issues were that the showers were not always hot which caused an inconvenience. Also, the entire hostel kind of smell like a used toilet...not sure if that was under their control or not but it was very pungent walking in each time...I'll still go back though!

Dear guest, we were happy to host you for your second stay with us! We had a bad few day with the warm water supply and had to replace the entire system, but it's done now and we should have warm water without smell or interruption again for the next 5 years! We look forward to having you back next time. Warm regards, Lotje & team Cocomama

I love this place! It's an old brothel! All the staff and travelers were super welcoming and made sure everyone knew of events that were happening each night. I rented a bike for 5€ a day that really helped me see a ton of sights around the city. It's close to Paradiso as well if you're looking for a late night out.

The best hostel ever ! atmosphere is awesome , staffs are very friendly . But shower broken twice during my four nights so I couldn't take a hot shower :( but still it's the best hostel I've ever stayed

Dear guest, we are so happy to hear the cold showers did not affect the quality of your stay with us too much! Sadly our entire system needed to be replaced which took a few days, but we are good as new now. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again soon. Love, Lotje & team Cocomama

Staff was extremely friendly and able to help with any questions I had. The cat joop was also fun to have around. The hostel is a bit far from everything but a quick tram ride fixes that. Beds were comfy and the washrooms were cleaned regularly. Fantastic hostel! Recommend to anyone.

• 22nd Feb 2015

what I enjoyed most is the friendliness that each of the staff person showed. They are helpful in making you understand about the hostel and Amsterdam. Its only their valuable tip that I can made most of my trip and I would like to go again.

A really nice place to stay in Amsterdam. Just as nice as hotels and half the price! Would certainly recommend!

• 18th Feb 2015