Cocomama Reviews

Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2096 Total Reviews

The hostel was one of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed at. The location is good, only a few blocks from a market and about a 30 minute walk to Dam Square. The only factor that concerned me was no secure luggage storage. Furthermore, you have to either bring your own lock or purchase a lock at the hostel in order to take advantage of the lockers in the rooms. Most places will provide a lock for a deposit, which is returned to you when you hand in the lock.

Awesome hostel in an amazing location run by the best locals! Everything about this place was quality from the living area downstairs to the daily events planned for the guests. This was by far our favorite hostel to stay at during our trip.

The staff was super friendly and accommodating. Took the time to sit down with every new traveler and go over the map and make recommendations. The place was very clean and there were scheduled events to do each night. The location is far enough away from the Red Light District that it's comfortable and cozy, but easy to access the city action. I will definitely stay here again

Nice Hostel, well located. The rooms are a bit narrow but the bunkers were alright. In my opinion, expensive. Shared rooms should never be over 30eur.

Dear guest, thank you for your review. Our rates are clear to you at the time of booking, so if budget is a concern, there are plenty of other hostels in Amsterdam that offer shared rooms at a cheaper rate. Kind regards, Lotje & team Cocomama

Over all the place was really comfortable and very VERY clean. Stocked kitchen and free rice, pasta, and spices was awesome to take advantage of. Loud on street side, esp since they tell ppl to smoke out front. Worth every penny though. I didn't love Amsterdam and the atmosphere here allowed me to chill out and make myself at home while I made other plans.

What an awesome stay at Cocomamas. The feedback from other travelers who had stayed elsewhere in Amsterdam or due to not booking longer were forced to move elsewhere, they all felt the same way. Coco was definitely a home away from home filled with great and friendly people and a well situated part of Amsterdam. This site is walking distance to all locations and provides facilities to suite all requirements. The hosts and Cat were all amazing and I can't recommend this place enough.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • South Africa

Great hostel with a very good vibe and a real personal touch - really makes the difference when you stay somewhere. Good activities and very sharable and pleasant facilities

This was really a strange hostel .. Very particular .. It was like a small house who rent their rooms .. But very effective if you want know travelers .. The staff was never there if you needed them i came late night and they didn tell me my room number .. There was list eith my name and room name was bike and taken me 30 mints to find my room went to room by room trying my card ..

Dear guest, like we explained at check in, our reception closes at 21:00, but our staff is in the building and can be reached by phone. We always take our guests to their rooms and show them which bed is theirs, to avoid confusion. But when you check in so early that previous guests are still in the room, we store your luggage and show you to your room after you return from exploring the city. If we had known you would return so late, we would have explained where your room was. Safe travels! LH

Staff was very friendly and helpful, we mostly saw Matt and Lienne and they were very kind and nice. In this hostel they plan night activities if you want to join them so it is really easy to get to know other hostel guests. Atmosphere was great, everything was clean and kitchen was very useful and offered everything we needed and more. And Joop the cat was adorable. Great place to stay and we would recommend this to everyone. Missing it already!

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Finland

I didn't even mean to rate this place 100% but honesty couldn't find a reason not to. Incredible placement, facilities, people, staff. It was really a wonderful place. It was clean, there is a shared kitchen and back patio/ garden, a house cat that chills down there, really great events daily, it's extremely quiet at night in your rooms whether stuff is going on downstairs or not, and the rooms rock.

Awesome staff. Comfortable beds. Great location! Wish I could have stayed longer

I only stayed for a night, but felt so welcome. I loved the atmosphere, and would love to come back. Thanks!

• 2nd Aug 2015

We stayed in a double private ensuite room and it was brilliant. The decor was beautiful and it had Bluetooth speakers built into the walls so we could play music off our phones. The shared area is really nice as well. Felt very comfortable and at home in this hostel, would definitely stay there again.

• 29th Jul 2015

Pros: Best beds I stayed in in my 5 week trip. Amazing common room. Great planned events every night. Awesome kitchen. Theres a cat. Cons: Bathroom is cramped (not a huge deal) Overall: If this hostel is available, you have to stay here.

Coco aka was fantastic. The staff create a very friendly, laid back atmosphere and a community among the guests. The bathrooms were very clean and the beds comfortable. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Cocomama is in a great locations within walking distance to all the major sights in Amsterdam. The rooms are great with very comfortable beds and pillows. My only complaint would be that we booked 2 beds in a 4 bed mixed dorm. They had to split us up in two separate rooms. It wasn't that big of a deal but we did book them together and are husband and wife so that was kind of weird. I would stay here again in the future

Dear guest, thank you for the wonderful words! We would just like to add that we always book people in the same dorm together. However we are a small place, and only have four 4-bed dorms. If all those are occupied by groups of 3 and you book the last two beds available, it is inevitable to be separated. We try our best to avoid this of course, but sometimes our hands are tied. We hope this did not affect your stay too much, and we look forward to welcoming you back! Love, Lotje & team Cocomama

This is one of the best hostels i have stayed in. The staff are super friendly and always have good tips on things to do and see. The location is good too, walking distance of everything, but I would suggest hiring a bike regardless. The common room has an awesome atmosphere and is located in the basement (away from dorms), so its ok to make a bit of noise. I highly recommend this hostel!

Coco mama provided everything we needed for a comfortable stay in Amsterdam. The staff was able to answer all the questions we had about the city and provided excellent suggestions to fit our interests. The only negative thing we can say about this place is that it was located a little farther from the center than was convenient, but the charm of this former brothel was well worth the hike.

Super friendly staff, with great activities planned for every night.

I would highly recommend this hostel. The staff was lovely and very helpful assisting with luggage and directions. Sheets, pillows, bed in general was very comfortable. Soaps luxurious and high quality. I appreciate the details and thought that Cocomama had for its guests.

• 13th Jul 2015