Cocomama Reviews

Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I'll be back :) Awesome people run this place! For €6 they will personally wash and dry youyour laundry and fold it and give you a nice note with it too :O

Best kitchen ever! Thank you for having so many free things available it really helped offset the cost of pricey Amsterdam. The building is older and could use some renovations in the room I stayed in.. but the social environment and location offset the negatives. Great staff - friendly, personal and helpful. Really makes a difference.

Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a review! We are glad you enjoyed our kitchen facilities. We have a grand renovation planned for December, so rooms will have a new feel while we will still keep the atmosphere of our 130 year old monumental Amsterdam building! We would love to hear what you think when you return. Safe travels and see you soon, Lotje & team Cocomama

The staff are beyond amazing. They are super helpful and treat you as a friend more than a customer. The beds are very comfortable and the decode in some rooms is very unique. The best aspect of the hostel is a the atmosphere. Everyone is friendly and inviting, which is very important if your a solo traveler. This is definitely the best hostel I have seen.I would definitely stay there again.

• 10th Oct 2014

Probably the best hostel I stayed at. Excellent location and great facilities. Big shout out to the staff for the good banter and atmosphere. Made me feel like I'm at home :D

room can do with more cleaning and air. It's bit gloomy inside rooms. WC position is really bad, you can't use it without bumping into sink.

Dear guest, thank you for the feedback! We clean all our rooms every day, but will be sure to pay more attention to air the rooms out in the morning. Our bathrooms are small, typical Amsterdam style! We hope you still enjoyed your stay. Safe travels & all the best, Lotje

It was ok

Definitely one of the better experiences I've had staying at a hostel. I'd say the best thing about the hostel is its location. It's a 2-minute walk away from the tram station and from there only another 8min to the city centre or Amsterdam Centraal Station. The staff were very kind and accommodating and the beds are comfortable and clean. There's also a fully equipped kitchen and a fridge to stew away your groceries to boot. If you're planning to stay in Amsterdam look no further.

Amazing Hostel! Highly recommend it.

• 2nd Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Its perfectly sized with a friendly atmosphere and the staff really make the place. Hire a bike to get around, otherwise its a short 15-25 minute walk into the centre or a 5-10min tram.

The fur color of the cat is a great match to the white-painted wood.

I loved the staff and de accomodations. Very clean, the staff is always willing to help you. Thanks them to improve my experience in Amsterdam.

The hostel was great, lots of great tips from the staff members on things to do/see/eat in Amsterdam. Bikes for hire too. Remember to ask Nicole about the stroopenwaffel joint!

Ok so I really enjoyed my stay at Cocomama. The staff were excellent and the feel of the place was very comforting and cool in terms of retro games, a nice seating area and garden it also has a great kitchen diner layout. My only criticism is that a bed that should have been set up for me wasn't. I was able to set it up but this I feel was an inconvenience as I was busy enjoying the sights of Amsterdam.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a review! Sadly due to a misunderstanding about you changing rooms mid-stay, you ended up making a bed in the wrong room, while we had a bed set up for you in another room. Our apologies for the inconvenience, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us anyway! Safe travels, Lotje & team Cocomama

Very friendly staff

• 22nd Sep 2014

Seemed like when Cocomama is running properly it would be a really cool place to stay, unfortunately when I stayed there it wasn't running properly. Sink was out of order when I stayed, makes cooking/cleaning up a mess rather difficult. Ended up staying at their sister hostel (Ecomama) for two nights due to an issue with one of the rooms. Comparing them both, I would probably go back to Ecomama's if choosing between the two. Although Cocomama's does have a cat...so it's a tough decision.

Dear guest, you are right, things weren't running as usual when you stayed with us. Sadly due to a broken pump we were not able to use our sink which made things messy. The entire pump needed to be replaced and it had to be ordered in especially which took a few days. We are glad you saw through the mess and still appreciated your stay, and we look forward to showing you the 100% experience when you come back to Amsterdam! Love, Lotje & team Cocomama

Great hostel (made even better because of the staff group). The sink was broken for my 3-day stay, but I'm on vacation (and hate cooking even when not on vacation) so this didn't bother me. I can see this being frustrating for those motivated enough to cook, though. Nicole and Moo were stars, and this had a great common area to meet people (and lovely outdoor space). Bathroom was a bit small, so my arm was in the sink when sitting on the toilet. Would surely stay here again. Hi Nicole!

had a great time at Cocomama! the rooms are alittle too small but especially the bathroom, BUT the commonroom was fun and a great place to meet other travels. the staff was amazing and really friendly and always willing to help! it was pitty that there weren't more than one pub crawl during our 4 days stay. we would defently recommend this hostel to our family and friends! see you next time :)

nice hostel, a little further away from the center of the city. Beds had privacy curtains and the lockers were sufficient. Staff was helpful, especially Nicky. No free breakfast, but nice kitchen space.

Everything Perfect! The staff is great! Location and facilities perfect! Thank you!!

Awesome atmosphere . Veryy good staff . Decent location . U get tram easily available out side of hostel . Over all I wil recommend to any one .

• 7th Sep 2014