Fabulous 2,267 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2,267 Total Reviews
Cocomama Located at Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam
89% 2267
52.3588154 4.8987436
    Rooms available

23rd May 2016

Our overall stay was amazing. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the rooms are kept nice and clean, access to the common areas with even an area to cook if you want. I recommend renting bikes from them to ride around the city & definitely partake in the local pub crawl with Moo. Such a great experience to see the city from a local side and not just touristy the whole time.

• England, Male, 18-24
23rd May 2016
7.7

For some context, my review is based on a one-night stay, as I had a flight the following evening from Schipol. Unfortunately, I did not get to explore much of the city, or even interact properly with anyone at the hostel, as I came down with a fever which meant I was in hospital on the morning of my check out. However, I do send my thanks to the member of staff who called a doctor on my behalf and helped take my bags from my room to the taxi.

19th May 2016

My whole trip was made so much better by everything that cocomama provided. The staff are amazing and everyone is so friendly and obviously happy to be there (even Joop the cat). When we got there they gave us their custom map with places to check out and lots of advice. The hostel was also great socially and nice and clean. At times the location feels inconvenient but is actually nice to be away from the crazy central district.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
18th May 2016

My stay at Cocomama was AMAZING! I met some super cool people that were staying in my room and about 8 of us went out one night! Totally a community atmosphere! Would recommend going on the red light district tour with Moo! Brad-Chad was very friendly and helpful as was Alice (miss you Alice)! They had a great common room too! Really, I would have stayed another week if I could have! They do have a cat, Jupp, so if you are averse then be advise but it is the sweetest laziest cat ever.

• USA, Male, 25-30
16th May 2016

I had such a good time. I met many other travelers, we quickly formed groups and did things around the city. I was never alone and all the people were cool! The staff is awesome and super helpful. I feel much more connected to Amsterdam having stayed at Cocomama. I usually airbnb and I am super stoked on my decision to stay in a hostel. Many special memories and good times with these people! I will miss them all. Thank you Cocomama!

• USA, Female, 25-30
16th May 2016

I loved this hostel. It is a warm, cozy, and friendly environment which allows solo travelers and groups to create friends and have adventures. The staff was amazingly helpful. Also, the tours by cocomama were great. The experience made my trip. I am so sad that I cannot stay. It is a magical place.

14th May 2016
8.0

Cocomama had a very confortable bedroom, but it was still quite expensive. My sole complaint is having to call for the door to be opened during the night.

10th May 2016

Absolutely loved this place. Super cozy and relaxing! Easy to get to from central station using the tram, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the beds were comfy. It's a unique hostel and I will definitely stay here and again and recommend this place to friends.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th May 2016

Amazing quiet and relaxed atmosphere! Clean, stylish and has everything you need for cooking etc. outdoor garden is a great place to relax in the sun. Join the cat will probably join you! Most days and nights there are events planned by the staff which I recommend you go to - like dinner in local food markets out of town centre, or trips to festivals around town! Staff are so warm, friendly and so happy to help!

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
3rd May 2016
8.0

Friendly and nice helpful staff was very good to me