Cocomama

9.0
Superb 2466 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 25-30
16th May 2017

The sweetest crew, loveliest hostel, best interior design, really good atmosphere in the common room. Nice games, books, magazines. I really enjoyed it and will come back for my next stay. Tea, Coffee, Pasta, Cereals and Rice were for free if you cook them yourself.

• England, Female, 18-24
15th May 2017

Stayed solo and the atmosphere was so nice, both staff and other residents so lovely, definitely recommend if you're planning on going to Amsterdam solo. A little further out of the city centre than other places but there's trams basically right outside or walking to Dam square takes around 20 min so it's absolutely fine. The staff put on activities every night, I went on a bar crawl and a walking tour of the RLD and would definitely recommend - especially the walking tour! Also, there's a cat!!

8th May 2017

I am an older man, so a party atmosphere is not exactly what I am looking for. Overall the atmosphere was ok. Met a few people but It seemed like most people didn't want to interact much. Didn't matter to me much since I was out most of the day seeing the city. The location is a little bit away from the center, but the tram runs efficiently and can get you there in jiffy.

• javierghaemi
  • Spain, Male, 31-40
3rd May 2017

Rated as one of the best hostels in the world, we had to stay here! It was a beautiful hostel and the staff were SUPER friendly but there wasn't much of a vibe / community feel in the place at all - It felt more like a hotel. Having said that, it was still a great stay and in a wonderful location, right in the heart of hipster Amsterdam!

• kseliger18579
  • Germany, Male, 18-24
25th Apr 2017

i had a great stay around kings day (although it was around 50€ per night at that time), met really awesome people and had a great time! i loved the common room with a wonderful chilled athmosphere and joop the cat. i spent a lot of time there. the only negative things i can say is that the wifi connection in my room was not the best (but at least it was stable) and i could have used another shelf in the bathroom. but still i totally recommend it!

20th Apr 2017

- Staff were welcoming and helpful - Location is excellent - close to the city center but in a beautiful, slightly less touristy area - Room and common spaces were clean and nicely decorated I'll definitely be coming back here if I visit Amsterdam again.

16th Apr 2017

This hostel is supper cute and has a awesome house cat to pet and cuddle. The rooms are laid out well and the staff is supper friendly. The only down side for me, was that the beds were extremely soft and I am used to more firm beds, so it kinda hurt my body a bit. I am sure most people like the soft beds though.

14th Apr 2017

There was a small mixup on booking, but that was no fault of Cocomama, but hostel world's site and an oversight on my part. As a result we were overbooked for our room, but the amazing people at Cocomama worked tirelessly for hours to help my wife and I find a place to stay. They also let us stay and chill in the common area until we did, and said we are always welcome back to chill while in Amsterdam! wish we could have stayed there longer as the staff, facilities, and overall vibe is amazing

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Apr 2017

This hostel is located a bit outside the more central neighborhoods, but is also close to the Albert Cuyp market and reasonably close to the Van Gogh museum/Rijksmuseum and other tourist attractions. The 4 bed dorm room was really cramped but nice, and has it's own bathroom with a clean shower. The staff is super friendly, and though I'm usually not one to participate in hostel social things, it seemed like there was a lot going on at this hostel. Good wifi.

• South Africa, Male, 18-24
12th Apr 2017

Coco Mama is the perfect place to stay when you're travelling alone, it's so relaxed and social as well as being filled with likeminded people! And if you're ever stuck with nothing to do Brad and Isaak are always around to keep you entertained, the staff are so warm and approachable it just feels like you're staying at your mates house.