Cocomama

Fabulous 2416 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2416 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Feb 2017

Two of my friends and I stayed here for our weekend holiday to Amsterdam, and it was one of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. The location is amazing and all the main sights are an easy walk away. All the staff was really friendly, and the hostel accommodations themselves are gorgeous, cozy, and welcoming, as well as super functional. Great programming put on as well, we joined for drinks night and the Red Light District tour. Definitely recommend if you're looking to visit Amsterdam.

• England, Couple, 31-40
14th Feb 2017
6.9

Cocomama was ideally located, only 10 mins walk from rembrandt square with easy access to central station via tram. The staff were lovely and joop was a delight making the hostel very homely. My only negative was our room. Advertised as a deluxe double, the bedding was very old and worn making it quite an uncomfortable 2 nights. The bed frame was very dirty and marked making us question the overall cleanliness. The online photos beared no resemblance to our room which was quite disappointing.

• USA, Male, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

This hostel was very friendly and welcoming from the start. The common room was really nice for meeting people and getting a family-like atmosphere. Wish I had more time in Amsterdam to enjoy the planned events put on by the hostel. No complaints at all and would definitely stay again!

Happy to read you've enjoyed our family-like atmosphere. Stay a bit longer next time around & we'll make sure you adventure the city like a local. Looking forward to having you back with us!

• England, Male, 18-24
9th Feb 2017

Beautifully decorated, chilled out hostel. Great kitchen/common area with all the facilities you could need. Charging points in the common area, big back garden, Very comfortable beds. A bit more expensive than the alternatives, but you get what you pay for. Also the staff were cool and helpful, and they hold social activities every night for the guests.

Thanks for your awesome review and shout out to our staff!! Pretty cool of you to mention them. Looking forward to having you back soon!

30th Jan 2017

The best word to describe Cocomama is cozy. The staff went out of their way to make you feel comfortable and at home, with a variety of nighttime activities, a complementary glass of prosecco upon arrival, and a cool downstairs kitchen area and "honesty bar." They also had great suggestions for things to do around Amsterdam. The rooms themselves were sufficient, though my only complaint was that the bathroom was rather small. Overall, I had a great time!

26th Jan 2017

Great location. Very secure building. I appreciated the emergency alarm system for the front door. If the door is left unlocked for more than 15 secs, it will start buzzing loudly. I also like the cat, Joop, I think was his name. My only critique+ the staff wasn't super helpful. They seemed aloof. For example, the fridge in the kitchen ran out of bottled water and the kitchen faucet was only running very hot water. I told them about it and they seemed flippant. Otherwise, it was a great stay!

Location and security. Thanks for mentioning both were great -- so important when travelling and trotting around. SO sorry to hear you experienced the staff not to be super friendly, that's so odd as generally, we only get raving reviews. Mmmm must have been an off day. Hope we'll get the chance again to show how awesome they actually are & make you feel part of the family.

• vannie7
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
22nd Jan 2017

I meant to stay for one night but Cocomama had such a great atmosphere, I extended my stay. Super helpful staff who were always on hand to help. Cocomama really does things differently, they're an upscale hostel with something for everyone. As for value for money, given the great location and great facilities, you couldn't fault this place. Definitely a place that's great for solo travellers, they have an awesome lounge area (with a full time live in cat!) so you'll always find something to do!

Look at that, we love it when you extend your stay with us. The biggest compliment we can get. Thanks for mentioning our awesome staff, they do make an incredible difference (we not-so-secretly think they're made of stardust). Really appreciate your detailed review & hope to see you back with us soon. Cant' wait. (same counts for Joop).

• Canada, Female, 18-24
17th Jan 2017

Very positive hosteling experience. Love the kitchen and the cat! Will definitely be coming back.

Positive Joop loved you too! Looking forward to seeing you around.

15th Jan 2017

Loved my stay here!! They have a really cool kitchen and common area that is the epitome of warmth and coziness, but it's also very hip and trendy. I met some really cool people there and loved the cat Joop that lives there. It's not right in the exact middle of the city center, but it was closer to the De Pijp neighborhood, which is young and cool, and the Albert Cuyp market. I wouldn't say it's a party hostel, but great for a more relaxed vibe while still meeting people.

Aaaah, you've met Joop. Awesome. Sure he loved your attention and cuddles. ;) Great to hear you've enjoyed our location in the lively and young De Pijp area. There's indeed plenty of stuff to do in the area & when in need of some chill and relax time in our Living -- we're right there. Hope to have you adventuring back with us soon.

• England, Couple, 25-30
13th Jan 2017

A fantastic hostel. I booked a private room and was surprised when it was like a hotel with all the amenities and even cleaned the next day. I would highly recommend it. It is very close to all major attractions. Staff very helpful. I will definitely be back.

Thanks so much for your raving review. Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Cocomama & we can't wait to have you back! Take care.