Cocomama Reviews

Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2065 Total Reviews

The hostel is very nice. The staff is awesome. They introduce you to Amsterdam and make very good recommendations. The location is also very good!!!

The hostel was very cute though a little cramped. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I would have liked to have newer bed linens; mine looked a bit worn.

• 24th Jun 2015

Really friendly staff who go out of their way to help you. You can rent a bike through them for 5 euros which is awesome and they'll sit down with you and work out a map of where you should go. The hostel itself has a really cool vibe to it and is within walking distance of everything in town. I would stay again.

Easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in, I don't have enough words to describe how happy I was. The staff were incredibly friendly, the rooms are ridiculously cool, beds are super comfy, they have a huge common room and kitchen, and there is an event organised for every day of the week. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Amsterdam!

Hostel was in a bit more of a local area which I love, staff was great and super helpful, has a great downstairs lounge area and great activities planned with the hostel! Really cool place

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Spain

The second I walked through the front door Cocomama blew my socks off. Their staff (first day for one) killed it as they poured me some cava and gave me a tour around. They offer free pasta and spices, €1 beers, and have some great activities (I elected for the Red Light pub crawl, no better way to cut lines). The hostel cat is a basass, although he is on a bit of a diet so he may try to seduce some good from you. If they had the availability I would have stayed longer. Great beds, staff, etc.

• 20th Jun 2015

Amazing place to stay! We were only there for a night and were made to feel really welcome, sat down with one of the guys who worked there and he showed us all the places on the map we wanted to go! a really amazing place to stay.

Cocomama was so great. My bed was SO comfortable (which goes a long way when you've been in hostels for months). Hostel organized events are fun and the common area lounge is a great place to meet people. The place itself is a bit far but right next to a tram stop. Wifi was solid, staff were sweet and helpful.

We stayed on 3 weekdays. Asides from the common area being in the basement, the facilities are excellent. Very comfortable beds, the room was narrow but certainly workable. Very happy with the living space we had, nice backyard (couldn't hang out back there at night because of the neighbors). Uptown area was a nice getaway from the downtown life, and it forced us to explore more which was nice. Overall an extremely pleasant experience!

Very helpful and friendly staff who gave us lots of tips on places to visit. Themed rooms were interesting. Room was tidied everyday - surprisingly great service for a hostel!

This place looked and felt amazing. The staff was perfect right from the moment we walked in. They took us on a tour of the hostel and broke out a map and showed us all the great places for food, site seeing and entertainment. Best hostel I've stayed in to date.

Great hostel with the friendliest staff! Everything was so clean, beds were comfortable & the rooms are super cute.

Excellent staff, very comfortable beds, location is a bit far from the city centre and touristy areas (maybe 15 minutes by walk). Would visit again!

I loved staying here! I would have stayed longer had it not already been booked! The stay was wonderful and the staff was so friendly. The location was pretty far from the city center, but nothing more than a 25 minute walk! (Only was bad on rainy days)

Can't really fault my stay in cocomama. The staff were so lovely, the rooms were very clean with a brilliant shower. The kitchen was great and very homely, and the give you free pasta and rice! Such a great way to start my trip.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Quite simply the best hostel I've ever stayed in, the atmosphere was brilliant and the place is clean and not too far from basically everything in Amsterdam, everyone was very friendly and if you're interested in making new friends I suggest the family meal that the hostel staff puts on, good way to meet everyone. I Also highly recommend the bikes from the hostel great way to see the city and only 5 euros. Great stay will defiantly be back.

• 29th May 2015

Extremely welcoming and chill. Very friendly, knowledgable and outgoing staff. Decent people from all over the globe. Comfy beds in shared dorm. Great experience and would stay again.

Good area and friendly staff with various fun events by the hostel.

The staff was first-rate, provided helpful advice about visiting the city and organized daily activities. The facilities were clean, adequate and a solid value for the price.

Loved my stay there. A bit more expensive than I would usually pay for a hostel but well worth the extra money! The staff is really helpful. The beds are super comfy and the kitchen/lounge area is great as well! Will stay there again if I'm ever in Amsterdam.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4