Cocomama

Superb 2454 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 2454 Total Reviews

20th Apr 2017

- Staff were welcoming and helpful - Location is excellent - close to the city center but in a beautiful, slightly less touristy area - Room and common spaces were clean and nicely decorated I'll definitely be coming back here if I visit Amsterdam again.

16th Apr 2017

This hostel is supper cute and has a awesome house cat to pet and cuddle. The rooms are laid out well and the staff is supper friendly. The only down side for me, was that the beds were extremely soft and I am used to more firm beds, so it kinda hurt my body a bit. I am sure most people like the soft beds though.

14th Apr 2017

There was a small mixup on booking, but that was no fault of Cocomama, but hostel world's site and an oversight on my part. As a result we were overbooked for our room, but the amazing people at Cocomama worked tirelessly for hours to help my wife and I find a place to stay. They also let us stay and chill in the common area until we did, and said we are always welcome back to chill while in Amsterdam! wish we could have stayed there longer as the staff, facilities, and overall vibe is amazing

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Apr 2017

This hostel is located a bit outside the more central neighborhoods, but is also close to the Albert Cuyp market and reasonably close to the Van Gogh museum/Rijksmuseum and other tourist attractions. The 4 bed dorm room was really cramped but nice, and has it's own bathroom with a clean shower. The staff is super friendly, and though I'm usually not one to participate in hostel social things, it seemed like there was a lot going on at this hostel. Good wifi.

• South Africa, Male, 18-24
12th Apr 2017

Coco Mama is the perfect place to stay when you're travelling alone, it's so relaxed and social as well as being filled with likeminded people! And if you're ever stuck with nothing to do Brad and Isaak are always around to keep you entertained, the staff are so warm and approachable it just feels like you're staying at your mates house.

6th Apr 2017

Perfect location to all the cool stuff in Amsterdam. Great local space and kitchen. Awesome staff.

3rd Apr 2017

We were in a four people room and loved our experience in Cocomama. The beds are clean and comfortable, the kitchen is big and well equipated, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Also the location is good, near from Heineken Experience and Albert Cuyp Market. The best part is the hostel's cat, Joop, that is a lovely and funny cat. I would definetely stay again.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd Apr 2017

Great location - easy enough to get everywhere in Amsterdam! Great that beds were made up when you get there. I was on the bottom bunk so all good, but not sure I would have liked the top, top bunk! Friendly staff, great nightly activities. Would be nice to maybe have an extra toilet/shower on each floor in case the dorm bathroom is busy. Locker storage space a bit awkward and annoying. Own light and Powerpoint which is great! Price is a bit high, but worth it I'd say.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
29th Mar 2017

Probably the best hostel I have stayed at.

• England, Female, 18-24
29th Mar 2017
7.7

Stayed in private room for a night, the beddings aren't really comfy with some dirt, but its bearable. However, this hostel really welcoming staff. Love the common room, especially the cat, and the atmosphere. The hostel is cozy overall.