8.7
Fabulous 2,396 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 2,396 Total Reviews
Cocomama Located at Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam
87% 2396
52.3588154 4.8987436
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
17th Jan 2017

Very positive hosteling experience. Love the kitchen and the cat! Will definitely be coming back.

15th Jan 2017

Loved my stay here!! They have a really cool kitchen and common area that is the epitome of warmth and coziness, but it's also very hip and trendy. I met some really cool people there and loved the cat Joop that lives there. It's not right in the exact middle of the city center, but it was closer to the De Pijp neighborhood, which is young and cool, and the Albert Cuyp market. I wouldn't say it's a party hostel, but great for a more relaxed vibe while still meeting people.

• England, Couple, 25-30
13th Jan 2017

A fantastic hostel. I booked a private room and was surprised when it was like a hotel with all the amenities and even cleaned the next day. I would highly recommend it. It is very close to all major attractions. Staff very helpful. I will definitely be back.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
4th Jan 2017

Very discrete hostel; I did in fact walk straight past it at first without noticing. Lovely staff and also very knowledgable of the area, which I found incredibly helpful. Bed's were very very comfortable and check-out was nice and late at 12pm. All in all, I will definitely be staying here again when I return to Amsterdam :)

2nd Jan 2017
5.4

Tiny and crowded room for six people. The community room was humid and had cat hair on all of the furniture. Definitely more of a hostel and nothing like a hotel- great if thats what youre looking for! (Not for me)

Thanks very much for taking a moment to submit a review of your stay. Sounds like you would have preferred a private deluxe room over your budget friendly 6-bed dorm. Joop the house cat has indeed his own chair in the living room, he feels like a King on there & only shares when while being cuddled. In any case, thank you so much for giving us a try. We're looking forward to seeing you back in Amsterdam soon & hope you find something to your liking when you're around. Take care.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
1st Jan 2017

Lovely hostel, great facilities at a wonderful price - very accommodating staff too. I would come back!

30th Dec 2016

A good spot. A touch out of the center, but an easy direct tram from central station to in front of the hostel. Not a "party" hostel, which I like, but still a kitchen and living room on the main floor for people to hang out in that is separate enough from rooms for others to get sleep. easy meeting other travelers. the heat in the bedroom was inadequate. But a nice warm comforter was provided.

Thanks very much for taking a moment to submit such great feedback! Sorry to hear about the heat, but happy our team was able to help out so you could stay warm during the weather. Hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back next time you're in town. Take care.

27th Dec 2016

Easily one of the best hostel experiences I've had, bar none. - Friendly staff that were amazingly friendly and helpful. - Clean rooms and some comfy beds. I'm a tall person and loved the fact my legs didn't dangle off the end. -Easy to meet and make new friends due to the common room in the basement. Perfect for solo travellers. I cannot wait to come back to Amsterdam and stay here again. Cheers guys!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
20th Dec 2016

I've stayed in many hostels in my life and Cocomama is by far one of the best I've stayed in. I got the best vibes straight away from the staff... they make you feel so welcomed and as if you've been friends for ages. The building is cool, the bed was super comfortable, the wifi is great and the place is clean! Best part is the common room where everyone hangs out and the activities the hostel run. Would absolutely recommend staying here. Thanks Cocomama, I'll be back xx

13th Dec 2016
6.6

Safe and good location. Atmosphere was super dull though.

Thanks for taking a moment to submit this review - really appreciate it. Sounds like you stayed with us during a slow night. The beginning of the week in a cold month like December is generally not the busiest time of year. Hope you get to come back in spring when the house is full - sure you'll love it. Take care.