Cocomama Reviews

Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1962 Total Reviews

This is my second time staying at Cocomama. This time was not as good as the first but still a great experience overall. Only issues were that the showers were not always hot which caused an inconvenience. Also, the entire hostel kind of smell like a used toilet...not sure if that was under their control or not but it was very pungent walking in each time...I'll still go back though!

The best hostel ever ! atmosphere is awesome , staffs are very friendly . But shower broken twice during my four nights so I couldn't take a hot shower :( but still it's the best hostel I've ever stayed

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • otuyuto1
  • Japan

Staff was extremely friendly and able to help with any questions I had. The cat joop was also fun to have around. The hostel is a bit far from everything but a quick tram ride fixes that. Beds were comfy and the washrooms were cleaned regularly. Fantastic hostel! Recommend to anyone.

• 22nd Feb 2015

what I enjoyed most is the friendliness that each of the staff person showed. They are helpful in making you understand about the hostel and Amsterdam. Its only their valuable tip that I can made most of my trip and I would like to go again.

A really nice place to stay in Amsterdam. Just as nice as hotels and half the price! Would certainly recommend!

• 18th Feb 2015

Nice days in the hostal. Really nice staff!

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Spain

I loved staying at Cocomama! I would highly recommend it to anyone for their stay!

• 16th Feb 2015

I had a great time; The atmosphere was great and the people were cool to hang out with.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Singapore

Great staff , however I requested a receipt for my bill which I had to email which is fine but still no response from them yet

• 12th Feb 2015

Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a review! Our apologies for the delay with your invoice, our manager was not in during the weekend. We have emailed you your invoice now. We hope you had a lovely stay with us! Warm regards, Lotje & team Cocomama.

This is nice, medium-sized hostel with a very good location. It's one block away from a grocery store (Albert Heijn), one block away from a tram station, and a few blocks from a subway and train station. It's also a ten minute walk from the museumplein. The staff are very friendly, including their cat Joop. A note about the lockers, some of the lockers don't work well with thin (think TSA-style) padlocks. They'll need thicker, conventional locks to be secured.

Stayed for 5 days and enjoyed every moment of it, friendly staff who treat their guests like family, comfortable beds, warm showers, plenty of powerpoints. Even though there isn't a smoking area, you can just walk out the front and smoke. Definitely coming back here on for my next stay I'm Amsterdam.

• 31st Jan 2015

Really cool hostel, clean, friendly, homely, would/will stay again.

• 29th Jan 2015

This was the best place I have been to date. Just stayed there last week. It is less of a party hostel, but they sure all have a dam good time. The hostel gives a very "homey" vibe. We had a great family dinner one night. Udina makes the best pasta around. Italy has nothing on her. I definitely will be staying again on my way back through in March. By the way, a chill cat is a very good addition!

Amazing hostel. The staff is young and very welcoming. We had a private room on the top floor with a bathroom ensuite. Very clean and very comfortable bed! We stayed in the Van Gogh themed room. It was tastefully done and even included a tea set in the room. It's a safe building just outside the center of Amsterdam, but still within walking distance of everything. The kitchen was big, clean, and had lots of cooking supplies and the common area was stocked with entertainment. Definitely stay here

Awesome staff ! Thanks again.

I absolutely loved my stay at this hostel, and I really wanted to stay longer! This was the best place to come back to at the end of the day. The only downside is that it's technically a bit far from the central A'dam attractions and taking the trams can be pricey, but that's easily outweighed by how comfortable and clean and secure the dorm rooms are (great wifi/power sockets!), the great atmosphere, events, the common room & kitchen, & staff helpful/friendliness. Highly recommended!

• 6th Jan 2015
  • miranai

Great hostel, clean rooms, very welcoming staff

Awesome, friendly staff and they make you feel right at home. The common area is perfect for meeting other guests. I stayed in the 6 bed room and loved it. Will definitely come back to stay when I make it back to Amsterdam!

• 2nd Jan 2015

Spent New Years at cocomama and it was just the best place I could've chosen.

You must stay here if you are in Amsterdam. This place has a great atmosphere - everyone hangs out and talks in the cozy kitchen/common room. Really easy to meet very cool people. The beds are the most comfortable at any hostel I have ever stayed in. Quiet neighborhood but walking distance to anywhere you'd want to go. The staff was friendly and helpful. Absolutely no complaints. I will definitely stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4