Cocomama Reviews

Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2017 Total Reviews

Amazing, would recommend it to everyone! Room was clean and staff were very friendly and helpful!

• 28th Apr 2015

Coco mama was fantastic! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, plus they're always around! The beds were super comfy, we all discussed this fact within the hostel. The 6 person room could use a shelf or two just for space and utilizability but there was no need tone in our rooms except for sleeping as the common area was great and the hostel is within walking or tram distance to everything.

• 28th Apr 2015

Very chill and friendly staff. Hostel guests were also very nice and easy going. Fun group of people but not necessarily a party hostel which is great if you are wanting more a chill & homey atmosphere while getting to know a great group of fellow travelers. Rooms are very clean (especially the en suite bathroom).

• 22nd Apr 2015

I made a big mistake with this hostel. I only stayed one night. I was traveling by myself and I met a bunch if awesome people to get drinks and kick it with. The staff is so welcoming and friendly that I mistook them for guests several times. In terms of facilities the common area is nice with everything you need. The hostel cat is also a complete crack up. My bedroom was cramped but very clean. I'm also a big guy. If you don't like to climb make sure not to get 3rd bunk. Definitely come.

Staff were very helpful with guiding me to what I wanted to do and see. Beds were comfortable, hostel was quiet. Would definitely stay there again.

• 13th Apr 2015

Amazing experience. The staff are super helpful and nice. The facilities are spotless and the atmosphere is perfect. Would recommend to anyone and everyone. S/o to Kimberley for the killer pub crawl she organized.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Clean and homey, friendly staff (incl. housecat Joop), great common room. Quiet enough if you need a good night sleep, but also sufficient opportunities to go social if you want. I'd book this hostel again (in fact, I already did).

Location is great. Near to Albert Cuyp market, the museums, etc. Lots of good food near the market. But at least 1/2 hour walk from central station, not so great if you have an early morning flight to catch. For other times, tram stop is right in front of the hostel. I feel this could be a better location than near the station, streets here are less touristy. No breakfast daily which is a shame, but kitchen is well equipped. Kitchen/lounge cosy and nice to hang out at. Staff is excellent.

Great place, wonderful staff!

Wonderful staff and atmosphere! We were delighted with our stay and felt very welcomed. :)

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Wales

Everything was Excellent in Hostel except one issue I have faced there ,they provide me top bed which was not comfortable and I request them to change but they give some silly excuses to not change .

Dear guest, thank you for leaving a comment. We were sorry not to able to fulfil your request for a lower bunk, but since all other beds in your roomtype were occupied by people who had already spent the night before, it was impossible to move you to a different bed. We offered to put you on a folding bed, which you declined. There really was nothing else we could have offered you. Hopefully next time you can let us know in advance you prefer a bottom bunk, so we can anticipate before arrival.

We got a private room, Van Gogh themed and it had art books, a huge auto portrait of Van Gogh, an easel and paintbrushes. The room was cleaned daily, towels changed. Felt like staying at a hotel. There are two lovely members of the staff that actually live in the house so the hostel has this cozy home feeling. When checking in you also get a lot of tips of what to do in Amsterdam. I'm staying there every time I go to visit Amsterdam!

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Romania
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Staff was very friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. Told us all about the city, which was great! It's an old building (brothel) so don't expect anything posh, enjoy this amazing city, and you'll be fine! There is a house cat, though, so beware if you're very allergic!

• 21st Mar 2015

Great place to stay! Had a wonderful short stay at this Hostel, the staff were so friendly and knowledgeable. The location of the Hostel is great too only a tram ride away to the city center. All in all fantastic stay

• 20th Mar 2015

The place is nice, the girls were fun and helpfull. The only bad thing was the pub crawl (wich is not arrange by cocomama and was a rip-off).

Good location, helpful staff, very well equipped kitchen, cosy living room, comfortable beds, 4-dorms-room small and basic with clean bathroom. I wish there were more deposition area (shelves, handles, ...) in the room, overall experience very good.

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

It would be good if padlocks for the lockers were included in the cost even just on loan - although I appreciate that not many hostels offer that.

• 14th Mar 2015

This hostel was absolutely great! The staff were so friendly and helpful, our room was perfect with a really comfy bed, and the few added extras made it a really lovely stay. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 12th Mar 2015

the sleeping room was so gorgeous and spacious!!! the common area is the best part though- a super comfy sectional couch and a nice kitchen area. beautiful backyard. all the staff are incredibly sweet and helpful. Jo you're awesome!! they have a cute cat that allows you to pet him! I am definitely recommending this place to my friends.

Really great little hostel. Staff could not have been more helpful from the moment I walked in, they even do your laundry! Excellent facilities all round, loved the common area/kitchen setup. Quite expensive but worth it I feel. Place would go off in summer I bet.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4