Cocomama Reviews

Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff were awesome!! Location is a tad out but is perfectly close to the trams to get anywhere. The hostel usually organizes an activity each night - heaps of fun. highly reccommend

After staying in hostels for a month and a half, I have to say cocomama is my favourite. The staff is absolutely amazing, the kitchen is stocked with pasta and rice. The common area is a great place to meet people, the yard is awesome and Joop the cat is very cute. The hostel has amazing events going on, I highly recommend the pub crawl! Overall this hostel is the really nice, I would stay here again a million times.

The staff made us feel very welcomed.They have a common area in the basement that makes you feel at home and helps you meet new people. They have events every night which were always really fun. All and all I would say that this is a great hostel and I would recommend it to college age students who want to have a good time while meeting new people.

• 17th Jul 2014

staff try to get everyone to go out together is a plus, makes it easier to meet others

• 11th Jul 2014

No Breakfast .... The kitchen and lounge is in the cellar, what i think is a shame, cause you miss somehow the last drink coming home, or the first when going out for the night. Passing the lounge on the way out is more what i like. Staff is really helpful and nice :-) good job there :-)

Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a review! We actually quite like our living room and garden in the lower level. We deliberately chose not to have a bar in Cocomama. There are plenty of hostels in Amsterdam who do have this, and we prefer to give the guest the choice of socialising in our living room or going straight to their room when coming home. Besides, it is only one flight down! We offer free cereal for breakfast, and pasta, rice & more for guests to cook their own meals. Best, Lotje

Great stay with Cocomama, we had a really nice room which was very comfortable and we liked that there is a little garden (and a cat!). The staff were friendly and good at pointing out things to do and places to go. It wasn't massively cheap, so we thought some form of breakfast could be included in the price, but overall we were really happy with our stay and would recommend the hostel to everyone!

Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Cocomama! We have a kitchen where guests can prepare their own food, and we provide free of charge cereal, rice, pasta, coffee, tea, spices and oil. Safe travels and hope to see you again on your next visit to town! Best, Lotje & team Cocomama

Loved this hostel!!! The staff was beyond excellent. Everything was very intimate at the hostel and such a home feeling. I loved this hostel and will definitely be back to stay!!! Highly recommend!

Beds are comfortable and warm, toilets are clean. The staff are friendly, helpful, and easygoing. Lovely common area and there are hostel events almost every night - great for meeting people. If you can handle dutch bikes then renting a bike from cocomama is your best bet for transport at 5euros a day. Nothing much going on in the neighbourhood - the Albert Cuypstraat market is very nearby, and its a comfortable 20min walk to most other attractions. Also the resident cat is ADORABLE!!!

Fantastic hostel. The staff are all incredible, helpful with directions and suggestions on things to see/do/eat in Amsterdam, and the evening social events are incredibly welcomed for solo travellers. The room (6 bed mixed) was well maintained, the beds very comfy. Will definitely be coming back when I pass through Amsterdam again. No question.

Cocomama is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in- the rooms are cozy and cute, the common area is welcoming, and the staff are all beyond helpful and warm. It was really more like staying with good friends than staying in a hostel and it made Amsterdam all that much more fun :)

Clean and while a little far away from Amsterdam city center, it is easily accessible by tram. Located right next to a bar, so it can get noisy at night if you cannot sleep with noise in the background. I would go back to this hostel though, it seems like they have some interesting activities set up but too bad I arrived very late at night and had to check out the next day.

Dear guest, Thank you for leaving us a review, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are curious if perhaps the bar you mention was a mix-up with another hostel, since there are only offices and residential homes in our street. We hope to see you again soon and for more than just one short night! Warm regards, Lotje & team Cocomama

Cocomama was so comfortable and welcoming, it was really fantastic and made my stay in Amsterdam so special. My only comments are 1) The noise in the Cheese room. Please, fix/move those noisy lockers that make a gong sound whenever someone walks past. 2) There was no nightstand, table, or even bench space anywhere. Everyone had their bags and stuff on the floor or on the bed. A shelf on the end of the bed would be great, and/or a table or bench in the room. Just a suggestion.

Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a review with some great suggestions! We will look into improving noise and shelf space in this room. Best wishes, Lotje & team Cocomama

Cocomama is a nice hostel with an independent appeal. The staff is friendly and approachable. The location isn't bad, especially considering how small the city is. They rent or sell towels. My ensuite bathroom was nice and clean and the room itself was a good size. This building has an interesting history and remains a quirky place.

This place was so nice! Definitely my favourite hostel! It's such a chilled out place. GO here!

It was awesome. Everything was awesome. Friendly staff especially Nicole, you're superb. Very nice, comfortable and clean room. Location was good! I will definitely stay here if I have a chance to come to Amsterdam again!

I had a fantastic stay here and I would definitely recommend to others - particularly if you enjoy meeting fellow travellers to socialise with and appreciate receiving lots of great local recommendations from the hostel staff of places to eat/drink/see etc. When I checked in Nicole gave me a comprehensive overview of the city and great tips of what to do in the city that I couldn't have found myself! Great common area for meeting others and activities are organised each night. STAY AT COCOMAMA!

This hostel is GREAT! The staff is amazing, it's very clean, beds are super comfy, common area is perfect, it's right in front of a tram station, friendly cat, great for solo travelers, good events planned every night, just too much goodness!!!

Cocomama was a unique hostel that really brought to life the idea of a "boutique" hostel. Though it was not in the best location (partially due to the on-going construction at one of the main corners near the hostel), it provided us with more than enough to feel comfortable. Cocomama provided us with not only a clean, comfortable room.. but also gave us access to a clean, fully-stocked with utensils kitchen which we were allowed to use at any time. There was also a nice patio in the backyard.

Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a review! It was very unfortunate the city was doing construction on the tram tracks during your stay, but as you understand completely out of our control. Fortunately they are finally done now so when you come back there will not be any more construction noise. Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Lotje & team Cocomama

A little pricey but it seems like everything in Amsterdam is. The staff was wonderful and very helpful in planning what to do in the city. There's a great community feel in the hostel that we didn't get in other places.

Nice vibe, the staff is friendly and helpful, the common room is comfy and I liked a lot the "honesty bar". Free selection of teas, coffee and free pasta at the kitchen definitely welcome. They rent bikes, but I wished they had more as they were all out when I asked for one. The only gripe is the rooms at the ground floor: directly behind the front desk and thus very noisy in the early morning when people check out or when the lovely ladies give directions on the maps for the newcomers.

• 15th Jun 2014