Cocomama Reviews

Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1911 Total Reviews

Cocomama was a great stay. I'll come back the next time I'm in Amsterdam. The staff was great, Joop the cat was great but has some attitude ;) The lunge room was the high point. Every night folks would just sit there and talk. Good place to meet people.

Nice place but very poorly organised. Mix up resulted in my valuables being removed from my bed. Also had bed bugs which is not a great feeling.

Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a review. We can only apologise for the mix up, when you extended your stay you should have been notified the same bed was not available and you had to change beds. As for the bed bugs, we are having the room treated immediately. We take this very seriously and do everything we can to make sure our guests sleep comfortably. Safe travels, Lotje & team Cocomama

Seriously the best hotel I have stayed in in the whole of Europe.

• 15th Nov 2014

Actually quite expensive but indeed worths it! Clean and cozy~ Really comfortable and decent feather quilt~ Well equiped kitchen enables us to make good breakfast every morning~ Close to supermarket and not that far from central~ Extremely helpful and friendly staff give you really good and useful tips on where to see and where to eat~ Love that cute cat who is now unfortunately on diet~ > < Very good hostel indeed and is strongly recommended~

The staff is so friendly and helpful. The location is very close to the tram station and supermarket. The hostel is quite small, tight and loud. I could very well hear from my room when someone is talking at the lobby.

Dear guest, we are happy to hear you liked our staff and location! We are proud to be small and cosy, in a typical monumental Amsterdam building. Fortunately our reception is closed during the night, so the noise has never been a problem for our guests. Take care and we look forward to having you back! Lotje & team Cocomama

Positives: Good location, easily accessible to everywhere. Very friendly, helpful staff, very clean, comfortable bed. Social atmosphere if you are in your 20's. Negatives: high price for what you get. no towels. no breakfast (particularly missed coffee), not generous with heat.

• 4th Nov 2014

Dear guest, thank you for leaving a review! To respond to your negatives: heat can be adjusted by guests themselves in the room, so you can make it as hot or cold as you like. We have free coffee and tea in our kitchen, as well as tons of other free stuff like pasta, rice, sugar, spices, oil, cereal etc. We have towels for rent for just € 1,00 and they are free in our private rooms. Our prices are known at time of booking, so no surprises there. We hope the positives outweighed the negatives!

Ok, the room I stayed in was super small, but the lesson of CocoMama is "Why the hell are you spending a lot of time in your goddamn room?" The lounge/communal area is lovely, and is a GREAT place to meet people (met some lovely travelers) and the staff are so helpful, accommodating and just down-to-earth-good-folks, that you'll discover many lovely places to visit in Amsterdam that you maybe hadn't thought of. Really lovely vibe. Relaxing, homely and full of good people. YOU MUST STAY HERE!!!

• 4th Nov 2014

The hostel is located kind of far from Amsterdam Centraal train station, but the instructions on the "Map" page were very accurate and easy to follow. Once you learn your way around the city, the hostel's location is actually very good. The bathroom in the room I stayed in has poor ventilation, there's mold growing on the ceiling. The kitchen (in the basement) gets uncomfortably warm when there are a bunch of people down there. Joop the hostel cat was awesome.

Awsome!!!! The staff was great planning activities and making us feel at home! Great place if you are travelling by yourself or just looking for a nice place to meet people. Not the messy party hostel you see so much in Amsterdam. Everything is made to make you feel at home, and a beautifulll one! Would definitly go back and recommend! Thank you guys so much! Made cool friends there! :)

This hostel was really nice- especially the cool fact that it used to be a brothel. Could use a bit of updating, but overall nice. The staff are amazing! Very nice people- especially Moo! In a great location as well! The hostel also makes an effort to do activities with the guests so its easier to meet other travelers.

I really enjoyed my time in this hostel. The staff were friendly and provided good knowledge of the city. The kitchen/ lounge area was clean and cozy. Bathroom/ shower in the room was a bonus! The location is nice cause you can get away from the party scene if you choose.

Cocomama has been the best place I've ever stayed. The staff and atmosphere are extremely chill and fun. The beds are amazing and comfortable. It's about a half hours walk from the RLD and ten minutes from the daily street market. The only thing was that rooms are locked by an actual key and guests don't always remember to lock individual dorm rooms. This didn't bother me because the entire hostel is extremely safe and welcoming. I would recommend this hostel, no doubt! You won't regret it.

Great staff, great facilities, great activities, great people, great city!! Just stay here and thank me later!

very relaxed with great facilities.

Cocomama is awesome! Very welcoming and cozy, just the right size and the staff are so wonderful and willing to show you around and tell you what to do in Amsterdam. I absolutely loved my stay and it was a nice break from giant, busy hostels I had been staying in. The rooms are a bit small and my room and particular didn't have large enough lockers to store my stuff so I was a bit nervous leaving everything not locked up.

I'll be back :) Awesome people run this place! For €6 they will personally wash and dry youyour laundry and fold it and give you a nice note with it too :O

Best kitchen ever! Thank you for having so many free things available it really helped offset the cost of pricey Amsterdam. The building is older and could use some renovations in the room I stayed in.. but the social environment and location offset the negatives. Great staff - friendly, personal and helpful. Really makes a difference.

Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a review! We are glad you enjoyed our kitchen facilities. We have a grand renovation planned for December, so rooms will have a new feel while we will still keep the atmosphere of our 130 year old monumental Amsterdam building! We would love to hear what you think when you return. Safe travels and see you soon, Lotje & team Cocomama

The staff are beyond amazing. They are super helpful and treat you as a friend more than a customer. The beds are very comfortable and the decode in some rooms is very unique. The best aspect of the hostel is a the atmosphere. Everyone is friendly and inviting, which is very important if your a solo traveler. This is definitely the best hostel I have seen.I would definitely stay there again.

• 10th Oct 2014

great hotels to be, very nice staff and good facilities

Probably the best hostel I stayed at. Excellent location and great facilities. Big shout out to the staff for the good banter and atmosphere. Made me feel like I'm at home :D

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4