Cocomama Reviews

Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good place, good vibes. Grab a bike to get around. It's cheap and way easier than public transport. The staff are really helpful and friendly, and arrange loads of trips and activities for guests. Quite expensive for a hostel, but lots of things are in Amsterdam. Close to market which is amazing. One of the best little markets you will find in Europe.

Great, fun hostel. Lives up to its reputation as one of the best in Amsterdam, although there isn't much competition for that honor. Staff is attentive and knowledgable. The beds are super comfortable and each is equipped with a curtain and reading light. Cheap bike rentals too. It is a bit removed from the tourist-heavy areas so it's nice and quiet at night. It's still within walking distance of everything and close to Museumplein and Leidseplein. The price is extremely high, but

Awesome hostel. I really prefer the smaller hostel environment compared to bigger ones. Nice common room that people hangout in. Garden in the back. Kitchen with free coffee, tea, cereal, and pasta. Beds were comfortable. Short walk to a couple markets, and coffee shops if you're into that. Very friendly staff and they arrange activities throughout the city on a nightly basis. Good location very close to a tram stop with easy access to central station. Definitely recommend!

Amazing hostel! The common room is great and inviting and a great place to meet people. The staff is awesome and sociable, too! They were a bunch of fun to go out with on the pub crawls and such. The HOUSE CAT is super chill. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in Amsterdam.

Staff were awesome!! Location is a tad out but is perfectly close to the trams to get anywhere. The hostel usually organizes an activity each night - heaps of fun. highly reccommend

Awesome place. Boutique hostels are definitely the way to go and I can't say enough about the staff.. everyone of them was just so lovely :)

After staying in hostels for a month and a half, I have to say cocomama is my favourite. The staff is absolutely amazing, the kitchen is stocked with pasta and rice. The common area is a great place to meet people, the yard is awesome and Joop the cat is very cute. The hostel has amazing events going on, I highly recommend the pub crawl! Overall this hostel is the really nice, I would stay here again a million times.

The staff made us feel very welcomed.They have a common area in the basement that makes you feel at home and helps you meet new people. They have events every night which were always really fun. All and all I would say that this is a great hostel and I would recommend it to college age students who want to have a good time while meeting new people.

• 17th Jul 2014

Great hostel! Easily one of the best I've ever stayed at. It's a small hostel so it's easy to meet other travelers, which is a big plus if you're traveling solo. Staff are very personable and helpful. Rooms are cozy and comfortable. If I'm ever back in Amsterdam, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

staff try to get everyone to go out together is a plus, makes it easier to meet others

No Breakfast .... The kitchen and lounge is in the cellar, what i think is a shame, cause you miss somehow the last drink coming home, or the first when going out for the night. Passing the lounge on the way out is more what i like. Staff is really helpful and nice :-) good job there :-)

Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a review! We actually quite like our living room and garden in the lower level. We deliberately chose not to have a bar in Cocomama. There are plenty of hostels in Amsterdam who do have this, and we prefer to give the guest the choice of socialising in our living room or going straight to their room when coming home. Besides, it is only one flight down! We offer free cereal for breakfast, and pasta, rice & more for guests to cook their own meals. Best, Lotje

Great stay with Cocomama, we had a really nice room which was very comfortable and we liked that there is a little garden (and a cat!). The staff were friendly and good at pointing out things to do and places to go. It wasn't massively cheap, so we thought some form of breakfast could be included in the price, but overall we were really happy with our stay and would recommend the hostel to everyone!

Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Cocomama! We have a kitchen where guests can prepare their own food, and we provide free of charge cereal, rice, pasta, coffee, tea, spices and oil. Safe travels and hope to see you again on your next visit to town! Best, Lotje & team Cocomama

Loved this hostel!!! The staff was beyond excellent. Everything was very intimate at the hostel and such a home feeling. I loved this hostel and will definitely be back to stay!!! Highly recommend!

Beds are comfortable and warm, toilets are clean. The staff are friendly, helpful, and easygoing. Lovely common area and there are hostel events almost every night - great for meeting people. If you can handle dutch bikes then renting a bike from cocomama is your best bet for transport at 5euros a day. Nothing much going on in the neighbourhood - the Albert Cuypstraat market is very nearby, and its a comfortable 20min walk to most other attractions. Also the resident cat is ADORABLE!!!

Fantastic hostel. The staff are all incredible, helpful with directions and suggestions on things to see/do/eat in Amsterdam, and the evening social events are incredibly welcomed for solo travellers. The room (6 bed mixed) was well maintained, the beds very comfy. Will definitely be coming back when I pass through Amsterdam again. No question.

Cocomama is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in- the rooms are cozy and cute, the common area is welcoming, and the staff are all beyond helpful and warm. It was really more like staying with good friends than staying in a hostel and it made Amsterdam all that much more fun :)

Clean and while a little far away from Amsterdam city center, it is easily accessible by tram. Located right next to a bar, so it can get noisy at night if you cannot sleep with noise in the background. I would go back to this hostel though, it seems like they have some interesting activities set up but too bad I arrived very late at night and had to check out the next day.

Dear guest, Thank you for leaving us a review, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are curious if perhaps the bar you mention was a mix-up with another hostel, since there are only offices and residential homes in our street. We hope to see you again soon and for more than just one short night! Warm regards, Lotje & team Cocomama

Cocomama was so comfortable and welcoming, it was really fantastic and made my stay in Amsterdam so special. My only comments are 1) The noise in the Cheese room. Please, fix/move those noisy lockers that make a gong sound whenever someone walks past. 2) There was no nightstand, table, or even bench space anywhere. Everyone had their bags and stuff on the floor or on the bed. A shelf on the end of the bed would be great, and/or a table or bench in the room. Just a suggestion.

Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a review with some great suggestions! We will look into improving noise and shelf space in this room. Best wishes, Lotje & team Cocomama

Cocomama is a nice hostel with an independent appeal. The staff is friendly and approachable. The location isn't bad, especially considering how small the city is. They rent or sell towels. My ensuite bathroom was nice and clean and the room itself was a good size. This building has an interesting history and remains a quirky place.

This place was so nice! Definitely my favourite hostel! It's such a chilled out place. GO here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4