Cocomama Reviews

Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Ok so I really enjoyed my stay at Cocomama. The staff were excellent and the feel of the place was very comforting and cool in terms of retro games, a nice seating area and garden it also has a great kitchen diner layout. My only criticism is that a bed that should have been set up for me wasn't. I was able to set it up but this I feel was an inconvenience as I was busy enjoying the sights of Amsterdam.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Very friendly staff

• 22nd Sep 2014

Seemed like when Cocomama is running properly it would be a really cool place to stay, unfortunately when I stayed there it wasn't running properly. Sink was out of order when I stayed, makes cooking/cleaning up a mess rather difficult. Ended up staying at their sister hostel (Ecomama) for two nights due to an issue with one of the rooms. Comparing them both, I would probably go back to Ecomama's if choosing between the two. Although Cocomama's does have a cat...so it's a tough decision.

had a great time at Cocomama! the rooms are alittle too small but especially the bathroom, BUT the commonroom was fun and a great place to meet other travels. the staff was amazing and really friendly and always willing to help! it was pitty that there weren't more than one pub crawl during our 4 days stay. we would defently recommend this hostel to our family and friends! see you next time :)

Everything Perfect! The staff is great! Location and facilities perfect! Thank you!!

Awesome atmosphere . Veryy good staff . Decent location . U get tram easily available out side of hostel . Over all I wil recommend to any one .

• 7th Sep 2014
  • India

small but cozy!nice hostel to make friend there!

I loved staying at the Cocomama. Staff is one of the friendliest I’ve encountered traveling, and in general the atmosphere is great. Kudos to all the workers! There are tours and to-do options listed every day and it helps with meeting new people, especially with staff encouraging interactions. Kitchen/common area is very cool, with an option being outside in the back yard (limited hours). Room itself was nice and the attached bathroom was clean and very convenient. Cocomama is located in a cool

A really great hostel, so much cleaner and better run than other hostels in Amsterdam; you do pay for it but it's worth it if you're not in Amsterdam purely to get stoned. Cheap bike rentals made it a truly Amsterdam experience, and the staff were super helpful. The only downside was the the pub crawl - great atmosphere in the hostel but then they take you to the expensive and commercial 'ultimate pub crawl', which most people in the hostel didn't enjoy. Something more authentic would be great!

Thanks for the friendlyness of the team. Cocomama in Amsterdam is a lovely place. Yours Werner

• 25th Aug 2014

One of my favourite hostels I've ever stayed at. Great, memorable staff who had great activities planned for every night. Met some awesome people and was so close to great parts of Amsterdam.

• 25th Aug 2014

Good place, good vibes. Grab a bike to get around. It's cheap and way easier than public transport. The staff are really helpful and friendly, and arrange loads of trips and activities for guests. Quite expensive for a hostel, but lots of things are in Amsterdam. Close to market which is amazing. One of the best little markets you will find in Europe.

Great, fun hostel. Lives up to its reputation as one of the best in Amsterdam, although there isn't much competition for that honor. Staff is attentive and knowledgable. The beds are super comfortable and each is equipped with a curtain and reading light. Cheap bike rentals too. It is a bit removed from the tourist-heavy areas so it's nice and quiet at night. It's still within walking distance of everything and close to Museumplein and Leidseplein. The price is extremely high, but

Awesome hostel. I really prefer the smaller hostel environment compared to bigger ones. Nice common room that people hangout in. Garden in the back. Kitchen with free coffee, tea, cereal, and pasta. Beds were comfortable. Short walk to a couple markets, and coffee shops if you're into that. Very friendly staff and they arrange activities throughout the city on a nightly basis. Good location very close to a tram stop with easy access to central station. Definitely recommend!

Amazing hostel! The common room is great and inviting and a great place to meet people. The staff is awesome and sociable, too! They were a bunch of fun to go out with on the pub crawls and such. The HOUSE CAT is super chill. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in Amsterdam.

Staff were awesome!! Location is a tad out but is perfectly close to the trams to get anywhere. The hostel usually organizes an activity each night - heaps of fun. highly reccommend

Awesome place. Boutique hostels are definitely the way to go and I can't say enough about the staff.. everyone of them was just so lovely :)

After staying in hostels for a month and a half, I have to say cocomama is my favourite. The staff is absolutely amazing, the kitchen is stocked with pasta and rice. The common area is a great place to meet people, the yard is awesome and Joop the cat is very cute. The hostel has amazing events going on, I highly recommend the pub crawl! Overall this hostel is the really nice, I would stay here again a million times.

The staff made us feel very welcomed.They have a common area in the basement that makes you feel at home and helps you meet new people. They have events every night which were always really fun. All and all I would say that this is a great hostel and I would recommend it to college age students who want to have a good time while meeting new people.

• 17th Jul 2014

Great hostel! Easily one of the best I've ever stayed at. It's a small hostel so it's easy to meet other travelers, which is a big plus if you're traveling solo. Staff are very personable and helpful. Rooms are cozy and comfortable. If I'm ever back in Amsterdam, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4