Cocomama Reviews

Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Wonderful stay with super friendly staff. The atmosphere is what made it, it was so chilled and you just felt at home as soon as you entered the building. The beds were cosy and had great underneath storage. The en-suite was always clean and the shower was powerful - always hot too! Would definitely stay again, it was a lovely experience. Definitely recommend! Thanks Cocomama!

• 3rd Feb 2016

I really enjoyed my stay. The rooms are very clean, nicely furnished and equipped with amazing soap, lotion, shampoo and shower gel. The mattress and shower were great. In the basement there is a huge kitchen with everything you need. They even provide cereals, pasta and rice and there is a variety of spices. You can hangout there and socialize even though it is a more relaxed hostel. Joop is the Dutch Garfield. Stuff were great but I will specifically mention Caitlin. Why? Well, just because :D

• 2nd Feb 2016

This is actually one of my favorite hostels in which I stayed in. It is not a party hostel, but it's in this one I met the most people to chill around with! It is very clean, the rooms are comfy, the receptionnists are amazing, the kitchen is small but very functionnal, the common room is cozy. I loved this hostel :)

Some members of the staff are very polite and helpful, others tend to rush you. My dorm was rather ordinary and narrow, but I slept well. The bathroom was small and basic, with modern equipment. The location between tram lines 4, 7 and 10 is convenient. I was not too impressed by the place, but since it is almost always full they must be doing something right. I would recommend staying there for people who like small hostels - provided you can avoid the end-of-week price increases.

First stay in a hostel and had a lovely stay. Staff are excellent - Anca and Alicia were great. Location is great, can easily walk or catch trams. Good atmosphere, can be very social at times if you are willing to talk to other people or you can just chill and do your own thing which is also good. Was nice and clean, great facilities particularly kitchen/downstairs. Would stay again in a heartbeat :)

• 28th Jan 2016

It was a really pleasant stay, and I got to meet new friends as well! Not a bad place to start since it's my maiden trip to Europe. The staff (esp. Alicia) was real helpful as well. Thank you!

• 28th Jan 2016
  • Singapore

Could not recommend cocomama any more highly. The staff there are incredible, the atmosphere is amazing and the location is amazing for exploring all areas of Amsterdam. It's only a short stroll north into the city and 10 minutes from both Vondelpark and Leidseplein. The downstairs kitchen area is definitely the place to hang out and meet people as everyone is so friendly and loves having a chat. Will definitely be back here when I return!

• 26th Jan 2016

We have a lot of fun! The staff was perfect especially the cat

Without a doubt the friendliest staff I've experienced at a hostel. Located near rembrandtplein, it was a short walk or tram ride to everything you could want to see. Has a full kitchen and all the amenities. Bathrooms and facilities were always clean. Only downfall is lack of outlets to charge things at night near your bed and smaller lockers. All-in-all I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• 17th Jan 2016

Great rooms.. love the curtains around the beds! Really cool common room area for meeting new people (/cat!). Good location.. everything is in walking distance! Friendly and helpful staff. The only suggestions I have.. list your check in time on the Hostel World description so people can plan their trips accordingly! I arrived a couple of hours early but like to check in when I arrive.. would have been easier for me to catch a later train.

This place is awesome. So easy to meet people

- The windows were not airtight. We noticed a little wind blow when we were in bed. - Maybe you can put a lock on the doors for storing the luggage. Seems everyone who wants to go in there has access. But nonetheless our stay at cocomama was amazing. Nice, friendly and helpful staff; beautiful facilities and cool location. We will recommend cocoama to all our friends :) Keep it up :)

• 5th Jan 2016

Honestly I had so much fun at Cocomama. All of the employees are excellent and hilarious. I definitely recommend.

• 24th Dec 2015

Beet hostel ever stayed in :)

Easy to find, friendly staff, extremely comfortable beds, modern showers, and a relaxing communal room. I stayed here for only two days and was more than satisfied with Cocomama. I also prefer that it's a bit off the beaten path. It only takes a short stroll to get to any of the main locations. On my last morning I suffered a mishap(left valuable jewelry in locker). Lotje, the owner, and his staff found my jewelry and mailed it to me at my address in the USA. Thank you so much! Will return!

Solo female traveller, I stayed three nights and very much enjoyed it. Good location with everything in walking distance and train easily accessible by tram outside hostel. Stayed in 6 bed dorm which was a little limited for space and bathroom is tiny. Lockers in room (bring your own lock). Good wifi throughout and loved the privacy of the curtains around bed. Each bed has its own light and electrical plug. Free tea and coffee and great common area for socialising. Can be a little noisy.

Most comfy beds I've had in a hostel yet! ^^

One of my two favourite hostels so far. Cocomama is a bit more expensive than other hostels you can find, but definitely the best in the city. The location is about 20 mins walk from the RDL, in a non-touristy area, just near some local markets. Id you like that, then definitely come here. Everything is within walking distance in Amsterdam anyway. You can rent bikes for a small fee (and the bikes are very good and new). The beds are fantastic - by far the best beds of any hostel I've stayed in.

The bunk bed I slept in was rocking the bottom bed and the bottom bed rocks the top bunk bed. There were only shared power outlets not accessible to each bed. It made it annoying for me to bother my bottom bunk roommate to charge my phone. Otherwise it was rather clean. The hostel is not very conducive to fostering a good community.

• 4th Dec 2015

Lovely & Amazing staff! Very accommodating and we felt at home! Thanks to all of you, Undine & Eli! (: We'll be back soon! Have a merry holiday!

« first « Prev 1 2 3