Cocomama Reviews

Westeinde 18, 1017 ZP Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I have travelled a lot and this hand down the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Very welcoming and social, the staff were AMAZING, fun and beautiful and everyone just hung out like friends. I really could not rate this place highly enough, I have also told Nicole I want to marry her :-)

• 11th Apr 2014

Staff and accommodations were great!

• 7th Apr 2014

WE LOVED IT. Cocomama feels like home from the minute you walk in the front door. Clean and chic, the decorations are tasteful and homey. The vibe in the living room and kitchen is casual and cool, welcoming to any visitor. The staff offers activities each night from movie nights and pasta dinners, to fun nights out in the city. Cocomama is easily the best hostel I've stayed at. Look no further for a comfortable, friendly stay in Amsterdam!

What a great place to stay! I was in a group of three and while we all made separate bookings, Cocomama was very accommodating and made sure we were all in the same room. The beds were comfortable, the showers were hot and had great water pressure and I loved the common room. Joop the cat was lovely and I thought that the honesty bar - a fridge stocked with 1 euro goodies - was a great touch! Nicky was so helpful explaining the city and made great recommendations. 100% recommended.

• 3rd Apr 2014

It's a very good hostel to stay in Amsterdam. In a few moments, I felt in my own home! The staff is extremely helpful, rooms are very clean and organized, and atmosphere of the hostel is very cool, especially the kitchen and the lounge, where you can make many friends. Totally recommend it!

Pros : - His lusty story - His cosy atmosphere - Yoop, the cat - Comfortable bed Cons : - Toilet and shower in the same room Me and my girlfiend had a great time there, and met nice people.

• 27th Mar 2014

Dear guest, thank you for leaving a review, we are glad your girlfriend and you had a great time with us. We are sorry to hear you do not like our bathrooms to be en suite, most guests find this a plus! We hope this did not affect your stay too much and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Best wishes, Lotje & team Cocomama

Very friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere in the common room as well.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Location is excellent as it's just a few tram stops from the central station. The staffs are really friendly from the moment you entered the hostel. In terms of the room, it is acceptable in size. Bed is comfy, however the pillow needs a change. Washroom is clean enough. It can be a little noisy as I can hear everything in the reception in the room. Cocomama definitely has room to improve but I can consider it acceptable. Overall experience was fine.

Dear guest, thank you for leaving a detailed review! We will take your comments into consideration and make sure the pillow gets changed out for a new one. We hope you enjoyed your stay and wish you safe travels! Cheers, Lotje

Everyone working at the hostel was so nice. The atmosphere was really great as well.

• 20th Mar 2014

very nice and kind people working at the hostel. the rooms are clean, the kitchen very confortable. the only pity is that is forbidden smoking joints in the nice garden!

• 20th Mar 2014

Dear guest, thank you for leaving a review! Unfortunately it is not legal for businesses other than coffee shops to have people consume soft drugs on their premises. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay otherwise and we look forward to having you back next time you visit! Love, Lotje & team Cocomama

Excellent boutique hostel. Great staff and rundown on things to do around the city. Good location. Only small criticism is that we were in a room pretty much opposite from reception so you heard people come home and heard people talking in the morning. Once asleep at night it wasn't too loud. Also the shower curtain should be replaced, was smelly.

Dear guest, thank you for your honest and valuable feedback. We have replaced the shower curtain. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay otherwise and look forward to having you back on your next visit to Amsterdam! Cheers, Lotje & team Cocomama

cute little hostel in amsterdam. perfect for those wanting to have fun but also get some sleep at night. the dorm room i stayed in was a bit cramped but the beds were super comfy. the lounge area was very cozy. great place to sit, chill, cook and hang out w/others. activities (pub crawl etc) are nice to meet other people. location isnt directly in city center but is surrounded by a wonderful neighborhood and walking distance to everything. loved the cat, joop, the cat. would stay again!

Very nice atmosphere! Keep doing that great job!

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

Enjoyable stay.

• 9th Mar 2014

As a first time lone traveller, I was really worried about slot of things but the lovely staff at Cocomama and the lovely other guests made me feel at home. I'd recommend this place to anyone that's staying in Amsterdam.

• 8th Mar 2014

I had a lovely stay in this lovely hostel: the staff, the kitchen, the garden and the cat were great! The location was perfect for me, you can walk everywhere and a supermarket is five minutes from the front door (and open till 22). I can recommend this hostel to everybody!

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Finland

Brilliant, friendly, smoothly run hostel. Thoroughly recommend.

Very friendly staff and very clean!! I would stay here again.

The staff at Cocomama are amazing! They are really welcoming and thoughtful and make you feel at home in the hostel. The atmosphere is very relaxed and laid back and location of the hostel is also great. The beds are very comfortable and they have an excellent common room and scheduled group activities which makes it easy to meet other travellers. I would definitely recommend staying at Cocomama.

• 26th Feb 2014

The best hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff is amazing, and the ambiance is wonderful

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5