Cocoon Hostel Reviews

Josipa Kosora 40, Dubrovnik, Croatia

I had a good time while in this hostel. It's around a 30-minute walk to Old town, but it's a nice walk there, with some beautiful views of the coast along the way. My only complaint would be in regards to the shower, which stopped working for the last day, and I had to take a cold shower, which on the winter wasn't exactly great. Anyhow, I enjoyed it and would stay here again. Also, the staff up front was nice enough to hook me up with a taxi driver who took me back to the airport.

the fan in the room made strange and loud noise 2 times. first was 8p.m. nobody was at the reception so we wrote an email to the hostel. one hour later somebody came and fixed it. second was 7a.m. when everyone was sleeping. like usual, nobody at the reception. I just gave up sleeping and packed to leave. the lady at the reception doesn't wanna work in this holiday season, obviously, then lady, shut the hostel and don't accept guests. shower curtains are useless. after a shower, floor is flooded

Off season the hostel was quiet, what we liked very much. We got upgraded to a room just for us. The girl at the reception was very friendly. In the kitchen there were just only two pots to cook, what gave some waiting time, but besides that all good. Good beds and showers as well btw and the biggest lockers with key I've seen so far.

Vrlo ugodna hostel, dobra položaj, susretljivo osoblje

The hostel is located uphill and it takes 20-30 mins to old town, but most of hostels in Dubrovnik may be the same. Staff was nice, but not punctual at time. I waited for 5 hours more and finally the staff appeared. (The mobile they wrote at the front door didn't work, so I could just wait)

Got a little lost at first and turned up late but the staff were very nice and welcoming. As always, a hostel seems as good as the people in it. Only a short walk away from Old Town and right next to a supermarket. In all I enjoyed my stay!

It was a nice normal hostal with a very nice veranda but the saff was not very present.

- no receptionist before 2 (and just to 6 exept somebody is checking in later) - given that you probably won't get a map or any recommendations for Dubrovnik - Doors are open all the time so everybody could simpy walk in (although you have big lockers in your room) - next time travelling off-season I would simply walk in a room and take a bed. Unless they are full they will never notice that you're there and don't pay - 20 min walk from old town (but a nice walk) - no common room

Nice hostel, bit far from the centre

Great to finally have access to a kitchen. The air conditioned rooms were much welcomed allowing a good nights sleep without mosquitoes. Hostel staff are great and facilities are good. Not really set up with a common room for meeting people but not an issue when travelling in a group. Had a great stay.

Great hostel! About 20minutes to walk to get to the city center. About 15minutes in the other direction to get to the sea, where you have great possibilty to sunbath. Staff very helpful, nice and very clean rooms. And excellent price if you compare to what you would pay in the old town.

This hostel is about a 30min walk away from Old Town, but it's a nice walk down. The 7-bed-dorms are really spacious and there are lockers for your stuff. There is a supermarket right next to the hostel and there's a kitchen if you want to make your own food. The bathrooms were clean too.