Coffee Palace Backpackers Reviews

24 Grey Street, St Kilda Beach, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

This place was absolutely horrible.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

The toiletsseats are horrible if there is one toilett with a working seat...

• 14th Jan 2014

Terrible hostel! DO NOT STAY HERE!! Flithy rooms, toilets and shower. The window was nailed shut and with 43 degrees heat with just a fan... You can see my point. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!

• 14th Jan 2014

Really dirty place totally not worth the price. Bathroom is disgusting. Room couldn't be locked. Only stayed there one night. Take it if you can't find anything else. One of the crappiest places I've been in and I've been in a few.

• 9th Jan 2014

All in all a good place to stay for a couple of nights. Friendly and helpfully stuff. For us it was too far away from cbd but you can catch the tram which stops right around the corner. And chapel street is also a good place to hang out. The beds are wracked and disgusting and i didn't really like the atmosphere. We've been in way better backpackers and I would rather recomand a more familial one

They advertise free parking which isn't true. You have to park your car several streets away where you need to move your car every 2 hours. Wifi is $5 for 24 hours. The hostel may be under new management but still, it was noisy. Well, like a lot of other hostels then let's say ok for that. But it was dirty as well, and smelly, so were the showers and the bed sheets. There were garbage and used paper towels on the floor. The lady at the reception was friendly though. Go somewhere else if you can.

very chaotic, staff didnt know who has already checked out , waited until 6pm to find out about our room, the room and the hallways were so smelly like rotten cheese in unwashed socks, the mattresses should need to be changed, unless you love to torture your back. I guess it is only half staff's fault, as the dirt is produced by the travellers, but staff should be more stricted about check out etc so they could actually clean the place. the free pancakes for breakfast were delicious though.

• 22nd Dec 2013

I'll be honest. I was expecting a disaster due to the comments and rating, but honestly, I had no problems and I enjoyed the hostel. It's old and the carpets look a bit stained in some places, but that's mostly due to how old the building is, and I'd personally prefer having carpets like the ones they have. Everything is still clean and the room I was in was still nice and older buildings will have some issues. Definitely a positive having new owners of the place and highly recommended.

Awful place to stay, dirty bedroom and dirty bed clothes. Duvet had yellow stains and men's chest hair on it. Avoid avoid avoid

• 3rd Nov 2013

The first and worst hostel I have stayed in out of 4 in Melbourne. The location is OK, within walking distance of the beach and close to tram stops and local super market. On My first night my room was over booked and there was someone in my bed. I was moved and the member of staff was very apologetic, however I was relocated to another room which there were rumours of bed bugs and a few suspicious bites. No warning was given by staff and they will wash your clothes for free if you had bites.

• 29th Oct 2013