Colinas Residencia Reviews

Rua Saint Roman 338, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The website had allowed to buy from 31/12 to 01/01/10. They did not accepted and said that I had to cancel the reservation and they would give me my money back. They did not kept their promisses. Absolutely untrustful and not serious place to stay. I strongly do not recomend! Many other good options and better locations in Rio. Look for a safe place and more than that, a place where people keep ther word!!!

I think that this hostel is probably the best value for money that you can get in Rio. Good location, friendly, helpful staff and a sizeable breakfast. More of a hotel than a hostel but still provides all of the services of a good hostel.

So I have to thank It was a great experience I stay in the hills, the fucionários are really great, I felt at home, besides having a great location and greater security, the rooms are always very clean and all are always with a big smile, and always well stende , largely the receptionist that Rui and happiness, can give many good tips for going out at night. Besides the breakfast and even served for the guests of the hotel (coffee and very good guys! Has a very good cake) Thank you from the other hill

totally c**p and dirty, it\\\\\\\'s cheap but there are limits this was revolting, the stains on the bed sheets where really suspicious. DON\\\\\\\'T BOOK HERE

This is more a hotel than a hostel. But the rooms are huge and clean and the stuff is very friendly and tries to help out with everything they can do for you (trip planning, laundry tips, changing rooms etc.). In a couple of weeks, when the metro is opened around the corner, it\'s just 300 meters to the hotel. It\'s right in the middle between Copacabana and Ipanema. But you should not get up the hill, on the back site of the hotel. That is not the safest place to be.

More of a hotel than a hostel but great value for Rio given the location

My bed was broken (I almost fell in the head of the person underneath me). The toilet smelled. The aircondition was bad(either to warm or to hot). They did only clean the room once in a week. The staff was very helpful (only upside!).

I´d great fun here during carnaval and met loads of cool people. It got pretty quiet after but so did the whole city. Great staff and location is about as good as you´re going to get. The few breakfasts I managed to stay up for were brilliant too!!!

Overall this place was good!!..It hot showers and free breakfast that was actually decent!!...the neighborhood looks a little dodgy but it was Carnaval and is to be expected!!...The staff was very easy to work with though and made me a good deal and worked around what I needed, which is pretty rare for Carnaval!!!....I would stay here again if I had to, but would try and stay somewhere else first!!

It is not a Hostel, its a Hotel. ...Not the same...

The rooms for 4 and 6 people are very bad. Dirty and stink. In only 1 of 3 works air condition. Outside - nearly 34 degrees. But they are cheap. We survived becouse it was end od our 3-weeks trip. Brekfast - very good.

Good location, but the rooms are small and it´s not the best place to meet people

In terms of the beaches, very well located, central to everything. Although I had no incidences, it does border a slum (some sketchy people). Very moldy in the room with the occasional bugs. Staff was very kind and went out of the way to help. I went New year's and the price for what we got was fair, but with the mold and slum behind, I probably wouldn't come back

This hostel is awful - we got put into a four bed dorm room that was the size of a cupboard i swear it was just two bunk beds pushed together!the toilets stank and our room was cleaned once in 7 days. It has a great location but that is all it has going for it. The staff dont have any info about anything you ask for.There is no bar despite what they say on the website. Overall a very poor hostel

The hostel is built rather like a hotel, and lacks character. On the other hand, it is well-located, close to the Ipanema beach, and has good security.

Seria bom poder jogar o papel higienico na privada.

basic accommodation but good location and much easier to find rooms here than any other place in Rio.

Good location, relatively safe, that's all. Small rooms, first offered without windows - had to ask for change. Not too clean, staff OK.

Well run hostel, really friendly staff. Not a good place to meet people though

I stayed at this hotel during Carnivale. This place is half hostel half hotel. We stayed in a 4 person private suite which was somewhat spaciious. When we left our hotel the staff tried to charge us 150 REAL for dirty towels. They only washed one towel and never attempted to wash any others claiming that the dirt were permanent stains. If this hotel wasn~t so filthy then there wouldnt be any dirt we would have to clean. I would never stay here. It is not worth it. If it wasnt for the great travelers we met here I would have changed hotels at any cost. Beware of staff trying to overcharge for substandard service and cleanliness.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels