Colinas Residencia Reviews

Rua Saint Roman 338, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

amazing location between copacabana and ipanema, next to the subway and readlly good breakfast. for the other hand, terrible beds and kind of dirty room.

Worst hostel ever, at the entrance to favela. Dirty, rain came trough the roof, horrible smell everywhere.

• 10th Jul 2014

Firstly, this is NOT a hostel. It is more of a cheap hotel, and hence has zero atmosphere. However, the location is pretty spot on, as in between Ipanema and Copacabana. And the breakfast was easily the best I've had in Brazil, if not the whole of South America.

Horrible place, bad staff, expensive. Location is really good. Thats all folks! WILL NEVER RECOMEND IT, NOT EVEN FOR A DAY!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Argentina

I really liked the location, right in between Copacabana and Ipanema beach, also the breakfast is pretty good, with fruits and breads. I didn´t like my room (shared female dorm) it was tiny and there was no mirror in the bathroom, plus the didnt clean the bathroom, so it was all messy.

I wish staff spoke a bit better English.

Very friendly staff. The receptionist was very nice and let us change room for a bigger and nicer one with no additional charge. Perfect location very close to ipanema and copacabana beaches and to the lake. Nice breakfast as well!!

The breakfast is not excellent but it's OK for me. The room was well cleaned, but every day I found mice and spiders in room and corridles running away when I turn on the light. The staff can speak great English and is always ready to help. The bathroom is minimal. The location is next to favela cantagalo, but also 5mins walking to ipanema and copacabana beach. High price, as all hotels in Rio. Suggested for 2-3 days stay, not more.

• 16th Apr 2013

Low budget hostel with hotel vibe, very friendly service. Basic enough facilities, was a little shocked when I arrived but pleasantly surprised as we settled in. Very close to ipenema beach and restaurants, I would go back

The hotel has two classes of rooms. If you reserve by hostelworld yo get the second class room, if you want a first class room you are asked to pay 50 brasilian reals every night. Nevertheless the economic rooms are good enough but there is no space to put your clothes, not even a chair.

Extremely dirty, bed bugs, lacking any kind of atmosphere, depressing, overall very very dissapointing. Hostels aren't paradise, that's is not why one stays in them. But this was unnessecarily aweful especially for the price. Along with the fact it is not a hostel it's a really filthy motel or posada, don't expect the social vibe of a hostel.

• 15th Mar 2013

the hotel is the baddddest that i ever stay i booking room for 4dorms ensuitr but when i arrived they send me to 6 dorms then i ask abut my bookin they say 4dorms but dnt hv toilet ensuit and i said ok then i got 5dorms very baddddddd hv air but very hot and toilet very dirtyyyyyy and the door cant lock an bad smell i hate this hotel too mcuh but staff and tour at hotel is gd.location is good hv many restuarant and near the beach and hv wifi only downstair an in the room dnt hv plug for charge

the bathroom, and overall the hostel was filthy, the elevator does not work properly, it was really expensive for what they offered, the only good thingwas the location.

Great Hostel, Great Staff. Bernardo, Leo and Maxi are the best, very helpful. Cleanliness must be improved, mainly in common bathrooms. Very good value for money. Great Breakfast! It is the place that I will choose other tima that I visit Rio de Janeiro!

I stayed at the hostel during the carnival period so expected to pay a lot more than the average hostel prices but the amount we were charged was extortionate! the hotel staff were really friendly and able to point us in the right direction for street parties etc. For breakfast their was a choice of cereal, baguettes, cakes etc. We stayed in one of the private en suite rooms. This was nothing more than a double bed an a very questionable fridge we didn't dare open!

• 7th Feb 2013

We had booked a 4-bed dorm for four people, when we arrived there it was actually a 4-bed dorm, but the dorm was horrible, it had 2 bunkbeds, no space for walking around the room, not even for the suitcases, the fan wasn't working, the matresses were like slices of cheese, the room smelled and the toilets were far from it. So we asked for another dorm, they did hav availability but the price was twice the first dorm. We slept well, it was a really clean dorm, everything worked but too expensive.

Rooms are very simple,but hotel is well located.And Staff is very friendly and helpful :)

• 23rd Nov 2012
  • Czech Republic

A very dirty hostel almost without secure. But the guys at the reception are very polite and friendly. The breakfast is, compared to the other points, is Good. The beds are broke. No bar, no atmosphere.

Great location & staff ! Poor & ugly facilities!

• 9th Nov 2012
  • Mexico

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Colinas Residencia and had nothing to complain. Great localization, near a metro station and from Ipanema and Copacabana beaches. Staff was very polite and preparate to receive tourists.

• 2nd Nov 2012