College Backpackers

Good 357 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Sep 2017
3.4

The location is the only good thing about this hostel. The reception area looks really modern and then you get to the rooms... Very shabby, the room was tiny, no aircon so it was so hot and stuffy. There was only 2 plug sockets in the whole room so if you're on the top bunk you have no chance. The sheets they gave me at check in were already dirty and they obviously don't check or change anything on the beds after someone has left as you have no idea which ones are supposedly free. Avoid!

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
10th Sep 2017
6.9

Good stuff

9th Sep 2017
4.0

The rooms are tiny and dirty, doesn't look like somebody bothers to sweep them. I was the 4th person in the room and all of the 4 lockers were already used I told the receptionist about it and instead of trying to find a proper solution she just told me to put my valuables in my bag. Showers are tiny, dirty and without any ventilation. There were two pieces of toasts that one of the guests left in the common area that were left there for two day. Shows that the staff doesn't clean up the place.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
2nd Sep 2017
4.6

I think they need to improve the cleanliness. The bathroom was so dirty. My room had 4 beds and just two outlets!

1st Sep 2017
7.4

A perfectly reasonable place to stay for 2 nights in a good location within Toronto.

• England, Female, 18-24
27th Aug 2017

I enjoyed my stay. The community was great and had an amazing atmosphere. It's within walking distance of many restaurants, coffee shops and malls. A really great place. The staff were nice and understandable.

• Germany, Couple, 41+
26th Aug 2017
4.0

Disgustingly dirty. Men's showers full of mold,including the curtain. Not cleaned once. You could feel every spring in the so-called mattress. It could be so nice,given the location.

24th Aug 2017
6.9

Really good location, right in the middle of Kensington market, and there's the free breakfast which is helpful if basic. However, other guests kept the room door unlocked and weren't particularly friendly. 3 nights here was enough !!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
21st Aug 2017
6.3

The hostel was warm and welcoming, however, I think it is overpriced. Most bathrooms did not have any toilet paper for both days we were there. Also, the staff was a bit unorganized and there were errors in payment as well as parking issues. I did find the staff friendly, though, and the location was good.

• USA, Female, 31-40
20th Aug 2017

The location was great. A lot of markets, gyms, stores, and restaurants near by. Its a 25 min walk from the CN Tower. Staff was helpful. I loved the kitchen. The AC wasn't working and the rooms are really small,which sucked. My only complaint is that my bunk mate brought man in our room during the late evening to be inappropriate and that made me feel not safe. My other roommate asked him to leave, we all did not appreciate that at all.

×