Cologne-Deutz Youth Hostel Reviews

Siegesstrasse 5, Cologne, Germany

I´ve booked a bed in a 4bed room, and by surprise the room had 8 beds. Luckily the room was spacious, and only half of them were occupied. IIt´s located on the other side of the river from the center, but you can easily reach everywhere walking or by Sbahn. Very good breakfast. Lack of Wifi is not a problem as the city has many Wifi free spots.

WiFi should be free.

For a place to sleep its ideal, each dorm has max 4 beds with a shared bathroom and seperate toilet. However, consider this as a sleep factory. There isnt much chance to chill at a bar and meet other travellers, youllhave to do that in the city. the location is brilliant, short walk across the railway bridge tothe dom, and the tram stops virtually in front ofhte door.

I don't recommend staying at this hostel. We got the worst value for money I have ever gotten at any hostel. We paid 50 € / night in a 6 people room with other people and had to pay 1,50 € additionally per hour for WIFI. I thought that this was a place for young people who want cheap housing and internet. This hostel offers neither of that. Go to airbnb.com.

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Austria

I stayed here for the Koln Marathon. This hostel put on a phenomenal pre-marathon breakfast, which was very much appreciated. They also provided me with first aid supplies after my marathon, which started outside their front door. Customer service was good - and the market in the hostel itself was very convenient. Rooms were clean, as were the bathrooms. It's across the river from downtown Koln, but it's one short walk to the train station that's one stop from the Hauptbahnhof. Worth returning.