Cologne downtown hostel Reviews

Hohe Straße 30a, 50667 Köln, Cologne, Germany

Twin room with an ensuite bath was great! Just like staying in a hotel!

• 25th Mar 2015

a nice place. Very clean and modern!

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Latvia

A very nice stay! The hostel was clean and the facilities were up to date. We were able to set the temperature in our room, which was very nice for March in Germany. I would recommend!

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Finland

The location is tricky to find at first but great overall, cool balcony and the kitchen/common areas are lovely. Staff were nice, things are clean, it's a nice place.

I h=really had a great time at the Cologne Downtown hostel

Good place and if I came back I will stay in.

Not a bad location and a comfortable place to stay for a couple of nights. Clean rooms and good security. However, this is more of a hotel than a hostel. There is zero atmosphere and barely a lounge to sit and chill in.

The staff were very kind and understanding, especially after an unfortunate incident with one of my roommates the first night. They moved me to another room and there were no more issues. However, the wifi kept kicking my devices out and I had an issue with the dryer and had to add more money than I should've...other than that this place is great!

Absolutely brilliant hostel, the only issue was the width of the lockers, could not fit my large backpack in, the staff were amazing they even have a smokers deck with a superb view,

The Hostel was amazing. Much better than I was expecting. My friends and I loved it! I will definitely recommend it to people visiting Köln! Our trip was made better because of the amazing facilities and warm, helpful people at the hostel!

• 7th Mar 2015
  • India

Everything was great at the hostel. well kept. security was good and staff was very nice. Also it had the best kitchen out of any hostel I've stayed at so far. only problem i had was the lockers were very small in our room and wouldn't fit my bag. so i kept it under the bed which was not clean. But don't let that stop you from staying here. more of a recommendation :)

If you're looking for a clean place to stay, this is definitely the place to do it. Good location near the tram as well. The atmosphere, however, is not your typical hostel atmosphere. There were hardly any guests in the lobby area and the staff seemed pretty content talking to each other instead of engaging with guests...although they were friendly if you needed something from them. I've made tons of friends in hostels in the past, but not this time.

The beds are noisy. There should be more power for charging the phone etc.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • China

Cologne downtown hostel is the best hostel I've ever been. Everything is clean, the kitchen is huge, it's not a hostel for party animals therefore you can sleep like a log at night and you even have the wifi in your dorm ! The staff is highly professionnal.

Had a great stay at CDH. I went on the walking tour that picked us up at the hostel, and met a lot of great people that I hung out with the rest of my stay. This is a great place to meet people, especially if you are traveling alone. The only issue was no lockers in the rooms, but the place was safe. Thank you for a great stay.

• 19th Feb 2015

I was there for carnival..good place, but the wireless was walk. Wasn't working for the frist night at all. Very nice and clean place. Kitchen was perfect. We had some beer and chat with people. Overall it's great

Almost no good grade but amenities like soap shampoo.. and it's a bit hard to find, its located on the parking lot building.

The staff is very friendly, mainly the guys that works in the night.

It's a very quiet place. We were told it was full but we barely saw anyone in the hostel. Definitely a ghost town but that's nothing. Great place, comfortable and in the heart of everything. We went for Karneval and had an incredible time. The lockers are convenient and nice but you can't put a lock on them. Basically anyone can go into them. That's my only con. It's quite modern looking. The most modern I've been at.

This place has no soul. It is a zombie hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4