Cologne downtown hostel Reviews

Hohe Straße 30a, 50667 Köln, Cologne, Germany

Cleanliness and room comfort was excellent. Staff was friendly and answered what few questions I asked. I definitely agree with the description that this is not a party hostel, which is nice for sleeping but not so much for meeting people. More power points are needed in the rooms, plus lights for the bunks would be nice.

Very nice, clean and well located youth hostel. You feel like being in a hotel for the cleanliness but still wth in a cosy atmosphere. The staff gave us some good tips to visit Cologne and we were not disapointed.

Nice and rather quiet place to stay. A cafe and supermarket downstairs for added convenience. And the kitchen has a dishwasher! Good choice!

What a great review, many thanks to you! We're glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us - we would love to welcome you back next time you're in Cologne. All the best!

Nice hostel, nice spanish staff at the night. I just stayed one night and everything was ok. Clean room, nice kitchen, there is a piano in the lobby. I would go again.

Many thanks for your review! Great to hear that you had a good time - and you recognized the piano in our lobby :-) We would be happy to welcome you again in our hostel, best wishes from Cologne!

Everything was great, but they should have free coffe and tea at least for breakfast

• 5th May 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks a lot for your comment! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed staying with us - we try to get better everyday and we're very thankful for your ideas. See you next time in Cologne, all the best!

Large impersonal hostel. No group activities. Not many mutual vibes. Only three electricity plugs per room of 8 people. Internet cuts out every 15 minutes and you have to re-enter the password. Three separate wi-fi networks so forever switching between them. Decent location, rooms and beds; but lackluster overall.

We're sorry that you couldn't enjoy your stay as much as most of our guests do. We always try to improve our service, so thanks for taking the time to give us your review! We would be happy to welcome you again in our hostel, best wishes from Cologne!

Good stay in this hostel. Nice kitchen and rooms. A bit a shame that toilets didn't work on the last day but was not their fault !

• 1st May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We're glad that you liked our facilities. Sorry for the inconvenience on that day, we did fix it right after! Take care and all the best, hope to see you soon again.

The hostel is incredibly well located, right outside a metro station and the the shopping district. It was a walkable distance from many sights. I loved that towels and hangers were provided. The shower was great and had good water pressure! My only problem with the place was that the ensuite had a strange smell the entire time we were there.

Many many thanks for taking the time to give us such a lovely review! It's always great to hear that travellers appreciate our service and facilities. We're sorry for the conditions during your stay, but only with those constructive feedback we can make the stay of others more pleasant, thank you! Hope to see you soon again.

This was, without doubt, the cleanest and best hostel I have EVER stayed in! It was like a mini hotel! Would definitely go back to it. If you turn left and then left again from the hostel, this is where all of the action is, literally - two mins away!

This is incredible, thank you so much! We would love to welcome you back next time you're in Cologne :-)

Really good hostel, excellent facilities and the most complete kitchen I've ever seen in a hostel. Staff is also really friendly. I would say the hostel has a little bit of a hotel vibe to it.

Thanks for choosing our hostel! We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Cologne. We hope to see you guys again soon :-)

A fantastic hostel very impressed cannot recommend it enough

• 15th Apr 2015

Million thanks for your superb review! 100% satisfaction is what makes us happy in this job - we're glad to see that you enjoyed staying with us. Come back soon! :-) Best wishes from Cologne

Great location, great staff, simple and clean. Good price for what you get, quiet and nice facilities. The only things I missed, specially considering shared rooms, were electric plugs and lights by the beds. Everything else perfect. Nice bathroom! The receptionist Jesus was really friendly and helpfull. He gave me and my family amazing tips about where to go in the city and also about an amazing restaurant with good food and beer. I would totally recommend this Hostel.

Thanks for rating our hostel! We're glad to see that you had a great time in Cologne. We always try to improve our service and we're very thankful for your ideas. You're very welcome to come back any time! All the best from Cologne.

Good hostel and easy to find

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review! You're welcome to come back any time. All the best!

Very good hostel, super clean, excellent location, friendly staff. It is not a party hostel, if that is what you're looking for. I would definetely stay there again.

Perfect hostel, nice staff (24h) and good positiion! It's look like an hotel

• 3rd Apr 2015

The facilities, staff and location were amazing. However it is not a party hostel. If you are looking for solo travellers or to have fun this is not the place. I was there only 2 nights and all was nice, but at the moment of wanting to meet other travellers was hard.

Modern place right on the main shopping street of Cologne, with a fantastic modern kitchen. It was a nice, quiet stay. However, a few more power points in the dorms wouldn't go astray

Hostel is brand new, located in the alt-stadt. less than a 10m walk to the Hbf. The room is nice, bed comfortable and warm, with an ensuite bathroom. Lockers are tall and skinny so i was just able to fit my bag. The staff are friendly and helpful but quite and the place has next to no atmosphere, it's all very private. I wanted to meet people as im travelling solo, but this isn't the place to do that.

Excellent location within the centre. Great kitchen for one to cook meals in.

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

Twin room with an ensuite bath was great! Just like staying in a hotel!

• 25th Mar 2015