Cologne downtown hostel Reviews

Hohe Straße 30a, 50667 Köln, Cologne, Germany

If you're looking for a clean place to stay, this is definitely the place to do it. Good location near the tram as well. The atmosphere, however, is not your typical hostel atmosphere. There were hardly any guests in the lobby area and the staff seemed pretty content talking to each other instead of engaging with guests...although they were friendly if you needed something from them. I've made tons of friends in hostels in the past, but not this time.

The beds are noisy. There should be more power for charging the phone etc.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • China

Cologne downtown hostel is the best hostel I've ever been. Everything is clean, the kitchen is huge, it's not a hostel for party animals therefore you can sleep like a log at night and you even have the wifi in your dorm ! The staff is highly professionnal.

Had a great stay at CDH. I went on the walking tour that picked us up at the hostel, and met a lot of great people that I hung out with the rest of my stay. This is a great place to meet people, especially if you are traveling alone. The only issue was no lockers in the rooms, but the place was safe. Thank you for a great stay.

• 19th Feb 2015

I was there for carnival..good place, but the wireless was walk. Wasn't working for the frist night at all. Very nice and clean place. Kitchen was perfect. We had some beer and chat with people. Overall it's great

Almost no good grade but amenities like soap shampoo.. and it's a bit hard to find, its located on the parking lot building.

The staff is very friendly, mainly the guys that works in the night.

It's a very quiet place. We were told it was full but we barely saw anyone in the hostel. Definitely a ghost town but that's nothing. Great place, comfortable and in the heart of everything. We went for Karneval and had an incredible time. The lockers are convenient and nice but you can't put a lock on them. Basically anyone can go into them. That's my only con. It's quite modern looking. The most modern I've been at.

This place has no soul. It is a zombie hostel.

Brilliant hostel conveniently located next to a supermarket and only a 10 minute walk from the central station / cathedral. Exceptionally clean and friendly staff. However, not much of a party atmosphere, but very good kitchen and bathrooms.

Woman (red/brown hair) working evening 07.02.15, rude. Basically, I was playing guitar and then changed to cajon in the lobby. I was in a group of 6 people including me, and we were chatting, whilst I was drumming a little. We weren't being loud or rowdy, however the woman rudely shouted over to us, saying that we could either talk or play instruments in a very direct manner. It was 10:45, however no curfew for playing was ever stated, so she could have at least been a bit nicer about it.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • VSnickers

The hostel is very clean! The beds are super comfortable, the staff is super nice and willing to help! And of curse, location! Its super easy to get there!!! I would recommend this hotel with no doubts!!!

• 6th Feb 2015

A very nice hostel with good amenities.

A really modern hostel, nice and very helpfull staff, clean rooms, perfect location. I would definitely go back there!

Excellent, modern hostel. Very modern (electronic blinds(!)) with comfortable beds and a big kitchen. Located pretty centrally (10 mins to Cathedral, 6-7 mins to main square) and above a supermarket so very convenient. Staff very friendly but more information (specific pubs, restaurants, deals) about Cologne itself would have been good. Atmosphere was never going to be great at this time of year, but there were 7 in my party so it didn't matter. Overall, you must stay here if visiting Cologne.

Kitchen was really good. Lack of sockets in the rooms though. Internet was also poor. Great location.

It's a very new hostel, very need. It looks more like a hotel than a hostel for me.

I lost my card and they charged me 10€ for this. A little bit too much for an invaluable piece of plastic... The location is ok, but you have to walk 15 min till the Cathedral. The staff was very friendly, the hostel proper and rooms well-equipped. The atmosphere was quite poor, but this was expected - they give you instructions saying "this is not a party hotel, so you can have 1-2 beers to warm up, but that's it".

The room is too small. It cannot make two person stand side by side. The idea of free share dinner is awesome. And the atmosphere is very nice.

Too difficult to find it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4