Cologne downtown hostel Reviews

Hohe Straße 30a, 50667 Köln, Cologne, Germany

Great place to stay. Cheap, clean and nice atmosphere. Located very near to the downtown. Excellente choice.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Thanks a million for your rating! We are so happy that you have liked it here! See you again hopefully and best regards from Cologne

Big and well equipped kitchen, nice little rooftop terrace and rooms have en suite toilet at high standard. Supermarket directly next the hostel door, very convenient and highly recommended.

Thank you very much for your great review! Best regards from Cologne

An excellent place to stay. The rooms boast a lot of room, and the lockers are very large allowing you the option to hang clothes should you wish. The staff were very friendly and helpful. And the location was spectatular. Very central with easy walking access to many of the main tourist sites. Highly recommended.

• 16th Sep 2014

You are so great! Thank you for 100%! We are very happy that you liked it here :) Best regards from Cologne

I was offered a room which is located at side of the building. As a result, the tenants in opposite building could see what I was doing. Luckily I am man. I could walk in the room with only wearing underwear. But it will be quite inconvenient for girls.

Dear guest, we are sorry to read that you could not enjoy your stay at our hostel! To your comment: every room has its own shutter. Once its turned down, nobody will have the chance to see a tiny bit of the ones in the room. Please email us (info@downtownhostel.de) for any other things you have noticed. That would help us to get better and to improve our services. And we do hope to see you back one time!

Great hostal! Good location close to the train station, many stores and above a supermarket. Friendly staff. I booked a mixed room and when I arrived I asked of there were any females only room. There wasn't, but the staff rearranjed and made a room with female only since other 2 girls had also requested it.

Thank you for your fantastic rating! We are always happy to help, and are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us! Best regards from Cologne

Clean hostel and location is walking distance to the important sites of the city. I only wish that there was a soap dispenser in our 6-bedroom suite bathroom. It was a little annoying not having soap to wash our hands with.

Thank you for taking your time to write a review! Whenever you are missing something: please come and see the reception! We always have some soap at the reception in case you don't have any with you :) Best regards from Cologne

Really clean hostel, has more of a hotel feel to it if I'm honest. Zero atmosphere. Needs a pool table, table tennis or a bar to get people involved in things. The staff were really helpful and the location is great. For the price you pay it could do with offering breakfast or at least an option for breakfast.

Dear guest, thank you very much for your ideas. Hope your bike tour was a success! Best regards from Cologne

Great facilities - clean and modern. Sterile atmosphere, it really feels like a hotel. Close to a lot of the tourist stops. Other than getting a knife pulled on us a Turkish phucker on our way back from the bars with a guy I had met at the hostel, I enjoyed my time in Köln staying at this hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Lack of breakfast is kind of whack though. The wifi could use a bit of improvement too - having to constantly enter credentials is a pain in the arse.

We feel so bad about what had happened to you! But after all we are happy that you have enjoyed staying here and would be glad to have the chance to welcome you back some day. Thank your for your comment and best regards from Cologne

No individual power plugs per bed and no individual reading light per bed so if someone enters the room, they have to wake up everybody because there is no small light But very clean and beautiful hostel, nice location, ideal when you are with your car in Cologne

Though I stayed for only one night, it was very pleasant. The staff was helpful, the rooms (and bathrooms) were really clean. Great location (right in the middle of the city) and very close proximity to the tram (30 seconds of walking). All in all, it was great value for money. Definitely recommended.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I've bought a room for 2 nights and added extra money for cancellation option. 3 days before arriving, iv'e cancel my reservation, but still you have charged me 15 Euro!!! I will never will order from your site!! and will recommend all my friends to keep away from this fraud system you got! Amir

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Israel

great hostel in a fantastic location. its very close to everything to do in Cologne

Thanks a million for 100%! We hope to see you back one day! Best regards from Cologne

This is a very new and clean hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There was no queuing at reception. The location was within walking distance of the railway station and ideally situated for seeing the various sites of interest. The atmosphere was calm and relaxed. The WiFi worked well and was available in the room. It was difficult to find a fault it's only fair I award a score of 100%. I definitely enjoyed my stay and would use again.

• 31st Aug 2014

stayed on night whilst seeing bands at the underground and mtc. Great location. Great price. It has been furnished well and looks chic.

Thank you very much! Best regards from Cologne

Super clean, awesome location and very friendly

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

Thank you very very much! It was great having you as our guest! Hope to see you again :) Best regards from Cologne

Located on the edge of the old town in the shopping area. There is a supermarket located in the same building. Clean and tidy rooms, good bathrooms. Good wifi, but you have to enter a lengthy password each time you log in.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Best regards from Cologne :)

Very good overall. Staff was very friendly. Bathrooms were great as well as the rooms. Found it a bit hard to meet people but it was probably because it was quiet when I was there. Loved the city and atmosphere.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! Hope to see you again! Best regards from Cologne

Great Hostel and easy to find from the main railway station. Not far away from bars and restaurants. In the same building is a supermarket! I would stay again!

Sounds great! See you next time then :) Best wishes from Cologne

A really great, clean, friendly hostel. Wish I had the kitchen at my house! Convenient central location. Quiet, calm. Just what I needed after a week of hectic travelling.

Wow, thanks for 100%! That is exactly what we want to offer our guest! A quiet place in busy Cologne :) Take care and best wishes from Cologne

The location is hard to find but it's totally worth it once you arrive! Such an ADORABLE staff!!

Wow, we are blushing! Thank you so much! It is easy to be nice when you have such nice guests :) See you next time!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4