Cologne downtown hostel Reviews

Hohe Straße 30a, 50667 Köln, Cologne, Germany

This was the best hostel I stayed in: good value for money and great location. Just the atmosphere was very average (not cosy).

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Jorisdw
  • Belgium

Was very happy with my welcome - really friendly staff, everything was clean and brand new. The location is great and the facilities are good. However, it's true what they say about the WiFi. It was either very slow or never connected at all, even at quiet times of day when few other guests would be using it. These days Wi-Fi in a hostel is just as important as the running water, especially in a city where it's hard to find. Hope you can sort this one out...

Several people at the front desk were very helpful during my stay. I was especially pleased I was able to add another night as u was exhausted from 5 days in Rome and needed some recovery time (do laundry, etc).

Definitely not a party hostel but it is a lot stricter than other 'quieter' hostels and the lack of breakfast didn't help. Very clean, staff were helpful, a nice place to be but very dead.

• 24th Jun 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Cologne Downtown Hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful and the facility beautiful. I really enjoyed drinking some German beers on the balcony overlooking southern Cologne. This was my first hostel stay and I now have very high standards to be met! Thanks for the great experience.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Really great hostel, friendly staff, comfy beds, clean sheets and great location. I'd definitely stay here again. The kitchen facilities were brilliant as well!

• 22nd Jun 2015

The staff were friendly and helpful, the shop on the ground floor is really handy, everything is within walking distance (although it's a long walk up to the cable car) and the bathroom was always clean when i wanted to use it. The only small issue was i had trouble squeezing my rucksack into the narrow locker, but other than that i enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

I have very mixed feelings about this hostel. It has great facilities, especially the bathrooms. My biggest complaint is as a female I didn't feel comfortable walking around outside of the hostel at anytime during the day because there was a bunch of bums there. Both times I was walking back to the hostel there was either a paramedic or cop there. Additionally, I got put into a room with just graduated high school guys who were loud and obnoxious. Who puts a 30 year old female in a room w/ them?

Clean, quiet, good people, and everything you want in a hostel. The kitchen is huge.

The wifi kicks you off every 20-30mins. Gets really annoying.

Really nice hostel, clean and good facilitates. But zero atmosphere, instead of a hello when you check in you're told no parties allowed. So if you're after that probably stay somewhere else. If not then it is in a great location and worth a stay.

Hard to find.

• 10th Jun 2015

Place was very well kept, quiet in the rooms and had a nice community area . For the money we paid and how smack dab it is in the middle of everything i feel like i hit the jackpot. only gripe was we had a room to the far end of the building and they only put a WiFi router in hr lobby so it barely worked since we were so far away. Not the biggest deal. Ifi return to cologne I will definitely look to this place again for a stay.

• 9th Jun 2015

This place is really nice for a hostel and feels brand new. The kitchen rooms and common area are very nice. The place isn't set up to be very social so while it's possible to meet people it may not be the best pace for solo travelers. The location is awesome and while the staff didn't have many suggestions for the area the few that I got were very good. Only real downside its that the wifi is awful. I would definitely stay here again.

Thanks for rating us. We're glad that you liked our facilities - and are sorry that you couldn't get to know other travellers during your stay in Cologne. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us anyway and come back again!

Clean hostel, super comfortable beds, great kitchen - except missing medium sized pans. 10 minute walk to the main train station.

Sweet, thanks for your feedback and your tip how we can approve our service. Take care!

This hostel was immaculately clean and very modern rooms. In a great location and easy to walk everywhere. On 6th floor above a car park, very quiet, staff were all very polite.

That's amazing, thank you so much for giving us such a nice review! Hope to see us again, here in the centre of Cologne.

beautiful hostel, clean room and overall nice stay. would return.

We're very glad that you enjoyed staying with us, thank your for this great review! We'd be happy to see you again at CDH :-)

Not much of an atmosphere as there is no proper common room. Good for a nights sleep, but not if you're into meeting new people. The shower we had wouldn't drain properly during our stay, but overall a nice hostel.

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the pretty modern style of our hostel. But we appreciate your help to know how we can get better and approve our service, thank you!

Very friendly staff, Convenient location. Clean Facilities

• 6th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Million thanks for your superb review! 100% satisfaction is what makes us happy in this job - we're glad to see that you enjoyed staying with us, come back soon! :-)

The hostel is clean and the room is big ,six bed room have enough space with a big wooden table and nice wooden chair, you can sit in the room not only in your bed. I stay for two night with different group with young man ,Lucky that they are so friendly and keep quite although they came back in the midnight. the kitchen is good to use and I love the outside open area ,it is nice place have your drink and sit for relax. I should be come again for my next visit in here.

Awesome description, thanks!! Great to hear that you had a good time at Cologne Downtown Hostel and enjoyed our facilities completely. Would be nice to see you next time you're here, all the best for you!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4