Cologne downtown hostel Reviews

Hohe Straße 30a, 50667 Köln, Cologne, Germany

Really cool place. Felt like a hotel and the guitar strings weren't old!! Which is awesome and a first in hostel experiences. Also the cajon being there was a good addition :)

This place has the facilities of a good hotel, but the atmosphere of a hostel. Would stay again!

Cologne Downtown Hostel is conveniently located, clean, friendly staff, and many amenities. If your seeking a Fitness Center Spa close by, check out Holmes Place. 1 minute walk, excellent machines, classes, pool, hot tub, sauna, tanning bed and massage for travel aches and pains. I only wish I had found this gem sooner. Excellent value.

Really really clean hostel that's in a great location. You even have a towel provided for you, and your shower is in your room. It's a really new hostel and therefore it's quite clean and modern. As many others have said, the wifi is not great. I also found it odd that there was no soap in the bathroom. Aside from this, it was a wonderful stay at the hostel.

Two nights in a mixed dorm: Wonderfully helpful staff, very very modern and clean rooms and bathrooms, excellent location and all for a very reasonable price. Could not recommend a stay here enough.

• 18th Jul 2015

Really nice stay - very fond memories.

• 16th Jul 2015

Very clean modern hostel with nice staff. Asked if I could move to a lower bunk as it was free that evening and without 'too' much hassle they allowed me to swap bunks. Staff were helpful when asked for directions and places to visit. My only issue was there was no socket by the bunks to charge phone. Had to charge phone in other side of the room.

One of the staff members tried really hard to help my boyfriend out with the wifi. He struggled to get on with the code they gave us. We thought that was really nice so thank you very much!! :) (sorry I don't remember his name!!)

Massive and well equipped kitchen, good wifi throughout. Pretty central location.

I only stayed one night, straight in, straight to bed and straight off in the morning after a shower. Found the night porter who greeted me to be very helpful and welcoming, and the room was small but perfectly functional and immaculately clean. I enjoyed a good powerful shower and a good view from my window. I'd been concerned about noise having read other reports beforehand but it wasn't too noisy considering it's city centre location and with the window shut I could not hear a thing.

• 12th Jul 2015

The hostel is located in an excellent area. It is next to a commercial area, for shopping. Also very close to the Dom. The hostel has a beautiful lobby, with a piano and nice decoration. It looks like a hotel rather than a hostel.

Good bedding, common room and and bathroom facilities. The wifi connection, like the surrounding area, was Medieval.

It was by far one of the most comfortable hostel stays on my trip (in fact in all my travelling, perhaps!). The rooms were so clean, the kitchen was GREAT. Only thing that didn't work was the lift (which isn't the hostel's fault, btw).

Very clean and very modern facility located close to the sights and attractions of Cologne. I was surprised how easy it was to get from the train station to the hostel, especially considering I had never visited before and was not familiar with the location. Overall very pleasant experience and would certainly stay again!

• 3rd Jul 2015

This wast really a hostel. More a hotel. No breakfast included even though paid 32 euro for a night! Nothing much to do in Cologne so wasn't worth the cost. Zero atmosphere and lots of rules. Good for families and school groups but not back packers wanting to meet people. Lots of people staying at the hostel were German and didn't speak English and were in groups so didn't want to mingle

Incredibly nice hostel. Right in the middle of all the things to do such as museums, bars, the cathedral, and parks. Definitely recommended. Staff was nice, place was very clean and very spacious. Not a party hostel. A nice place for a visit in Köln.

More of a quiet hostel. It had great facilities which were new and clean and the staff were always pleasant and happily answered questions about Cologne. It was also in a great location, easy to get to from the main train station.

This was the best hostel I stayed in: good value for money and great location. Just the atmosphere was very average (not cosy).

I had an extra charge on my credit card for internet... although internet is free

• 27th Jun 2015

Was very happy with my welcome - really friendly staff, everything was clean and brand new. The location is great and the facilities are good. However, it's true what they say about the WiFi. It was either very slow or never connected at all, even at quiet times of day when few other guests would be using it. These days Wi-Fi in a hostel is just as important as the running water, especially in a city where it's hard to find. Hope you can sort this one out...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5