Cologne downtown hostel Reviews

Hohe Straße 30a, 50667 Köln, Cologne, Germany

I really liked it here. The beds are a little stiff but besides that everything was good. The kitchen was my favorite part :)

• 4th Feb 2016

This was my first stay in hostel I loved this time. All facilities were clean and piano was on robby. I could play the piano and loved the atmosphere.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

Staff are friendly, I arrived in Cologne late at night, took a cab and the driver dropped me nearby. After calling the hostel, they gave me clear instructions on finding the right way to them. Check in process was easy. The whole hostel is very clean. I had a mixed dorm, really spacious, clean and quiet. Toliet was clean and in good condition. This is really worth it for the price and I'm definitely coming to stay again if there's any chance.

We arrived on schedule (7:00 pm) and there was nobody to receive us. The reception was locked and no one answered the call. Not only was disastrous because he had an expensive hotel beside that we were able to stay for the night.

• 27th Jan 2016

This location is great and the rooms are spacious, updated and clean. The staff are really friendly and helpful. It's quiet, so there's not much of a typical communal hostel atmosphere. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at, strongly recommended.

Very interesting hostel - on the top floor of a car parkade. Very modern and clean with amazing staff, so helpful and friendly. Great kitchen with lots of space for food and appliances to cook. All amenities very good. Close to a shopping area on a walking street with many outside cafes and other shops. Close to the Cologne cathedral and main train station.

Really nice hostel on all fronts, close to hotel standard rooms and facilities.

• 25th Jan 2016

Staff were very helpful and accommodating, changing our room last minute was no problem. Ensuite was excellent and the kitchen facilities outstanding, with a perfect location in the city centre. Can't fault it for the price, even the other visitors were friendly and sharing of their food (promoted by hostel). Obviously managed really well would recommend to others and stay again!

Good hostel! Very clean and organized. Calm atmosphere, not a noisy place. There is no bar or place to meet other travelers other than the hall. The lockers in the room are too narrow and didn't fit any luggage or backpack. Good location.

Brand new interiors, if it wasn't for the bunk beds in the room, it looks like a hotel. Excellent location, 10 minutes from the station and cathedral, near shopping area. You enter from a door next to a supermarket and the hostel sits at the top of carpark and has a balcony with a good view of Cologne. A great place to have breakfast or a coffee break nearby is Woyton.

Great location! Extremely clean facilities! Very helpful staff! Special thanks to Giovanni for all the tips on exploring Cologne!

Overall a great hostel. But different beds that are a little bit more quiet is only thing that could be better.

Such a great place to stay, staff were friendly and helpful. The lobby made for a great place to meet other people too. The shower facilities in my room were modern, clean and best shower I've had. Would happily go back! Walking distance to station and sites making it easy for us to get around.

• 15th Dec 2015

Great hostel and very well maintained even though it is in a car park complex and very close to main town areas

Excellent location. Right at the end of the main shopping street in Old Town. Very nice, modern, and spacious interior -- it felt like we were staying in a hotel. The 6 bed dorms have an ensuite bathroom with shower (and heated towel racks :D) and there are other toilets in the hallway. Everything was super clean!! Staff was very friendly -- someone kindly helped me find laundry detergent when I didn't have any. Kitchen is nice,has a dishwasher and 2 fridges.

I felt like I was staying at an expensive hotel here, only difference was there were other people in my room! Bathroom in particular is miles ahead of any other hostel. The atmosphere here is not particularly social - most people seemed to be there for a quiet stay, albeit this was a Sunday/Monday night. If you want a relaxing stay and a clean place to set yourself up to explore Cologne I'd recommend it :)

Nice hostel in the city! Recommended:)

The kitchen were amazing - best I've seen! Immaculate and super modern. The bathroom in the room was again really modern and cleaned daily. When I arrived there was an issue with someone else already taking my bed. The staff were apologetic and dealt with the issue swiftly. There is a skylight so the 8 bed dorm is fairly light at night. There is however no atmosphere so if you're looking for a party hostel this is not the place. Perfect for a quiet relaxing weekend getaway though.

We enjoyed our stay at this Hostel very much. Furnitures are new, BIG lockers in the rooms, the private bathroom was even better than what I have at home, etc. And most importantly, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. I definitely recommend !

• 27th Nov 2015