Colombian Highlands Renacer Hostel Reviews

Avenida Carrera 10 No. 21 - Finca Renacer, Villa de Leyva, Colombia

It was a lovely hostal just outside of town. We had a private cabin and it was excellent. I had caught a cold and being at the Renacer was the perfect place to be as I did not feel like going into town for meals and could eat everything there. the staff was very kind, brining me homemade 'remedies' for my cold and taking care of me. We were there at New Years and it was good to be a little way out of town when there were lots of people in town. A very good place to be.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Had a wonderful time -such a great place thank you

• 31st Dec 2015

The hostel is not so close to the town's center, but not that far either. Anyhow, for some people this would be a plus; the place is VERY quiet, so no partying. There is no breakfast included (coffee is), but this is no surprise and they have a nice kitchen for you to use as you see fit, not to mention a nice lady is available to prepare breakfast from a number of options (for a cost); bakeries are spread all over town too. Beds are very nice; plenty of hammocks to relax; fireplace, TV room too.

Great hostel in a lovely location. My friend and I had to book the last available spots for our visit, so we had to pay more than I usually would because we got a private room/bathroom, but it turned out to be really wonderful and worth the cost. We really enjoyed the little private patio and hammock. Didn't partake in the breakfast, but it looked good. Decent black coffee was available for free at all hours, though no milk or cream. Beautiful property close to nature, not far from town.

Paradise in Villa de Leyva! Within easy walking distance of the centre of town and far enough away to create an oasis of calm and tranquility. Gorgeous garden and free taxi for your arrival! Villa de Leyva is quite well-heeled and expensive and this is reflected by the hostel food prices but the dishes are very good! (There are also cheap local places in town). The staff are fantastic! They make what is a great location feel like a home from home. Town is great for (free) day treks.

Overall - very beautiful hostel with a relaxed atmosphere, good breakfast, reasonably comfortable dorms. But it definitely goes to bed early and rises early; the office selling water/beer/etc. closes at 10 pm, and maintenance was in my room at 9 am (I was still in bed). Guests considering this hostel should know that taxis from town don't run after 8 pm., and that lockers for valuables are inaccessible after the office closes at 10 pm.

Great value for the money. Staff is very attentively and helpful. 20 minutes walking distance into city center but therefor very quiet and relaxed. Secure parking for my motorcycle no problem. Would choos it again anytime! Would be great to have a chair and a key for each bed.

Great location , very clean and a great base from which to explore the region.

Loved my stay here! Location is not right in town but this is what provided the charm and tranquility- and it's only 15mins max walk. There's a trek behind the hostel up a big hill to see the views- SO nice. They have a restaurant with delicious dinner meals (didn't try the breakfast). Gratis tea and coffee all day, excellent clean large kitchen for self service- good gas. Big clean bathrooms with great showers. Only negative was my bed in the 4 bed dorm was very creaky! But bed made everyday.

View all Villa de Leyva Hostels