Colombian Highlands Renacer Hostel Reviews

Avenida Carrera 10 No. 21 - Finca Renacer, Villa de Leyva, Colombia

Amazing hostel, it's a little out of town but that's what I liked about it lovely place to chill out, great kitchen, great areas to hang around and chill out in a lovely little town. Best place to stay in VDL.

Amazing hostel. super relaxing, great staff! Beautiful. Not free breakfast, but they do serve meals at the hostel which are very good!

I had a great stay, super relaxing.

Two words: great place! Friendly staff, very clean accomodation and good breakfast. Renacer is out of the centre but it is just a nice walk away from the main square. What you get is a very relaxed place with all facilities needed. A great hiking tour with fantastic views starts behind the hostal and the staff provides a map of the hiking tour. See it for yourself!

A beautiful place in the country away from it all. Quiet, pleasant and worth a visit.

• 29th Jul 2014

Very quiet (day and night). Located at 20' by foot from Plaza de Armas and 30' from buses terminal (not a problem with à light back pack ).

My favorite so far on our trip to Colombia!

If you wanna be in an amazing place inside the nature, that's the right place, but if wanna stay close to the city center, where you find bars restaurants and facilities, I think it isn't a good option. The staff is amazing and the hostel is very clean. Don't forget the door of your room opened cause once I woke up with a cat on my bed.

What a nice, relaxing, pretty hostel! We had a fabulous stay at the Renacer. The staff at reception were incredibly friendly and our room was quite massive. It even had a desk and a chair! If you want a nice, clean place to relax after visiting Villa de Leyva I would strongly recommend you stay here. It is not a party hostel. The only downside was its location - it's a twenty minute walk up hill from the village, but we didn't mind.

This was an awesome place to relax. There are hiking trails right behind the hostel that you can take Up to the mountain side. It is a bit of a hike from town but it was worth it. The cafe was nice, but for the price, a small free breakfast would have been nice. The kitchen is also poor and often was filled too much with people to cook. Overall, an awesome retreat away from everything in a peaceful environment.

Hostal Renacer was lovely! It is about 15-20 minutes walk from the main square so it is nice and quiet and I did lots of relaxing in the hammocks. There is a kitchen but they also had a small restaurant so I bought my yummy breakfast and dinner there everyday. It is clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful and friendly even though I can't speak Spanish! There are tours available but they are very expensive (~$100) so I happily did my own thing. I recommend this place for sure!

It was one of the best hostel i ever had!!! Really! Mucho gusto.

• 4th Apr 2014

I have clicked 'poor' on location above because it is a long way out of town and very isolated. However, the location is also beautiful and tranquil. I guess it depends what you're looking for!

One of my best hostel experiences to date. It may be a little far out of town, but the property is great, there's awesome hiking right out the back, woodfire pizza oven (!), hammocks, fast internet, you might not want to leave.

It basically the only option of you are in Villa de Leyva. but a good option! a few downers; We didn't like the location because its far from the center and the city is nice the grab some food or what so ever. Although there are loads of young ppl the atmosphere could be dead sometimes. Further the staff didn't know about Earthhour (its a eco hostel?!) and didn't want to contribute to it because they needed the internet. Last point the kitchen-utensils are totally old and messy.

Very hospitable staff. Always with a smile on their face.

• 24th Mar 2014