Colombian Hostel Reviews

Calle 3 bis # 35a - 70, Barrio San Fernando, Cali, Colombia

Very good family run business. You can also practice Spanish, the good thing about the staff is that they help you learn and are very helpful in getting around the city. It's a place I am happy to go back to

It is a very nice hostel to stay in. The owners are nice and 24/7 willing to help you. Rooms are clean and there is a nice rooftop terrace. However, the hottub was not cleaned. Salsa lessons are offered daily and afterwards you can practice them in a nightclub. Only downsite of my stay was that someone broke one of the hostel rules and instantly the cops were called. This resulted in a noisy night, which in my opinion was unnecessary. Nonetheless, I had a very nice stay...

Location requires cab -at least at night- to get to the much more interesting St. Antonio District for ~ 5000 Pesos. Generally safe appearing neighborhood (though I got robbed when hiking up the hill behind the Hostel for ~ 1/2 hour - I was stupid) . The hostel as such is in a good neighborhood. Clean, owner and sister who run the place very nice and helpful. Breakfast pretty barebone. Worth the price.

• 29th Nov 2014

Salsa classes are free but they were only offered only a few times a week. I was expecting more. That was the only complaint! Other than that, it is the best hostel I've stayed during my trip!

Really liked the atmosphere here. Hostel is run by a brother and sister who are both nice and helpful. Went to a football game with the owner and about 10 other hostel goers. Had a free beer on arrival but unfortunately no free salsa class as advertised. Did have private 1 on 1 Cali style salsa classes which were excellent and well worth the money spent. Room was em suite with a bathroom but didn't have a door as such so was a bit noisy trying to sleep at times. Overall recommended!

I really enjoyed my stay here, the owner is nice and took me and another guest to a salsa bar one night. Breakfast is different everyday and served fresh. You can do private salsa lessons. The neighbourhood felt safe and easy to walk and the nearby Parque de Perro has ATM, supermarket, fastfood, restaurants/bars. There are small lockers for valuables, bathrooms were clean and good shower. No AC but the building is cool as air can pass through. Nice dinning area to meet other. Would stay again.

It is a great hostel with amazing atmosphere. Life in this hostel is like this: have some mojitos, learn salsa and then go out all together to practice your salsa skills in a nice salsa club of Cali. Also it is a very clean hostel. The rooms are spacious. The female dorm was like a palace. :) Stay here!

This amazing hostel run by Mauricio and his sister is one of the best we've stayed in during our 12 months travelling. We were initially cautious because we heard it was the party hostel but this is rubbish. Incredibly warm and welcoming owners, great breakfast, super fast wifi, great atmosphere, salsa classes. What more could you ask for???

Colombian Hostel is simply amazing. Mauricio and Carolina are there 24/7. They have so much pride for their hostel and really care about every little detail. The place is spotless, it is a smaller hostel which gives it an intimate, family-like feeling, and they will go out of their way to help you. Mauricio with do a salsa lesson every night and take you out to get your groove on in the Cali nightlife. The private salsa instructor they have available is equally as awaesome. I stayed 3 weeks.

• 26th Oct 2014

Great hostel located close to supermarket and restaurants. Free salsa lessons a bonus! Owners are very helpful. Would definitely recommend this place.

Brother/sister owners are super cool. Located close to a little park with some good restaurants and 2 supermarkets very close by. Place was clean and everyone very cool. Solid option if youre in Cali.

Just because it is a challenge to get the downstair's bathroom shower tap to work does not mean that I rate this hostel less than excellent. This was my 4th time here, need I say more....

By far the best hostel I've been in south america!! Mauricio and Carolina are really friendly and helpfull, they make you fell at home!!! Great place to meet nice people!!! I totally recomend it!!!

Very helpful staff, nice atmosphere (though not a party hostel), clean, kitchen fully equiped, area looked very safe. Salsa lessons and night out is a plus. Only issue was that temperature in shower seemed not to be balanced (either cold or boiling hot), but maybe I wasn't doing sth right. Highly recommended!

I had a great stay here. The hostel is located in a nice part of town, near bars and restaurants and supermarkets. The staff are really welcoming, and offer free salsa lessons. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the free breakfasts are good and varied. Well equipped kitchen. Would recommend to others.

Haven't stayed at a hostel with such great atmosphere in a long time. Mauricio and Carolina are just wonderful. This is a great place to stay to meet people and experience what Cali is all about.

friend thanks for sharing your great experiences Thanks for choosing to YOUR site colombian hostel accommodation for us is very important to provide all necessary information for our friends who come to visit with great expectations cali Thank you for your joy thanks for enjoying our city I hope you come back soon and always remember SMILING Mauricio _Carolina ;) ;)

Colombian Hostel is a great place to stay in Cali. Everything is meticulously clean and the staff is friendly and approachable. It's in a safe barrio and a 20-30 minute walk or short taxi ride away from most of the attractions in Cali. If you stay there, take advantage of the free salsa lessons every night and the nightly outings to popular salsa clubs. I highly recommend Colombian Hostel!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Bahamas

friend thanks for sharing your great experiences with us great days were spent with all our friends, unforgettable experiences Thanks for choosing to YOUR site colombian hostel accommodation thanks for everything always smile Mauricio _ Carolina ;) ;)

This place is brilliant. Easily our favourite in Colombia and probably South America as well! Nice place to chill out and the staff are really lovely. The salsa lessons each night are are great way to get everyone dancing together! Will be back...

thanks friend for your words thanks for sharing your great experiences with us thanks for your joy hope you come back soon and continue to enjoy our great city Mauricio _ Carolina

very nice hostel, never had such great staff like in this hostel. maurizio takes you out every night, so you will dance salsa every single night! the hostel is in a very safe area, everything is clean, i felt very confortable in that place!

Thanks for choosing colombian hostel YOUR site preference is very important for us to provide all necessary information I like all people to know our great city and to enjoy the salsa thanks for all friend hope you come back soon .. Mauricio _ Carolina

A really nice and charmy place, super clean, beds very confortable and staff really helpfull, you feel like at home. They serve every day different breakfast and you can use the kitchen as well, it is always clean!! Mauricio, the owner is a pretty nice guy who tries that people feel at home, he teaches salsa every day for free and used to go out with the guests in the nights!I booked two days and finally stayed for two weeks! Also goodlocation

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Spain

thanks for your words always work to show the most beautiful of our culture and our great city cali we are delighted that colombian hostel was to your liking is very important to share and create an excellent environment for all is fun thanks for everything hope you return soon.. Remember always cheerful Mauricio _ Carolina ;)