Colombo Airport Hostel @ Negombo Beach Reviews

42, Kannattha Para, (Cemetery Road) Eitthukala, Negombo, Negombo, Sri Lanka

Lady who runs the place is the most amazing person. You feel like at home. Only complain for the poor fans. It was hard to sleep because those small and old fans do not cool the rooms.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Finland

I emailed the hostel for the best way to get there at night. Instead they responded by confirming a taxi with them and they would wait for me at the airport. Outright shadiness! On top of that, when I arrived tired and sleepy, having taken a taxi myself from the airport, the lady of the hostel and taxi driver was attempting to scold me as if I had booked through them and they had The following morning, she continued to tell me that I was at fault!

Pretty good hostel, very clean and relaxed place.

Ideal place if you land really late or have to go to the airport really early. Price/quality just right!

• 2nd May 2015
  • Belgium

Nice people running the place. Nice breakfast as well. No complaints. Relaxing.

We stayed here only one night right when we landed in Sri Lanka. It was super clean and came with breakfast! Great value for the price!! We spent 800 rupees on a tuk tuk from the airpot to the hostel and 200 on a tuk tuk from the hostel to the bus station in negumbo. This was in mid march 2015.

staff very friendly, breakfast for this price is the best value in sri lanka!! adorable people ,clean and good atmosphere ! i spend many nights there because the tendant made me feel at home! home to go back someday!!!!

Ended up staying an extra two nights. The 10 bed dorm is very spacious and the whole place is clean. Only has two bathrooms though and the wifi was down the first whole day. Once it worked again it was fast. Close to the beach and to the main street. Good breakfast, and they made us breakfast even if it was hours too late :-) no safety lockers but you can as the manager to lock your valuables in a cupboard.

We arrived late and the staff was very unfriendly and not hospitable. Its cheap and clean but not in a central area.

Such a perfect hostel. The hostess is absolutely lovely, the rooms are basic but clean and with a fan and a safe, close to the beach and a short tuk tuk ride anywhere else. Stay here!

• 12th Feb 2015

Good clean cheap hostel and 15 km to airport. Internet worked very well.

When we arrived they didn't have room for us, but they knew that we had booked. So they booked us a spot at a different hostel down the road. That was better than just turning us away, but a bit different. Only stayed one night, but they did set us up and drive us down the coast to our next hostel in the morning.

Clean hostel in convenient location. Not much social atmosphere here. Tons of mosquitoes.

Stayed at hostel for a night. Staff was welcoming and made me feel quite comfortable within a few minutes of being there. They have useful info put up on the walls that lets you plan your own trips. Also a small grocery store on the side to pick up necessities. Took a taxi ride to Galle (instead of a bus/ train) from the hostel due to my ill health. By the time I reached Galle, I felt better! Great place to stop if you have arrived to Sri Lanka in the evening and also when you leave.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Bangladesh

Good budget option. The lady working there was extra nice and helpful.

It's a great and clean place! Lady ( the owner) is very welcoming, friendly and helpful! Highly recommend😃

lovely and helpful staff, clean guesthouse and good location. Showers need maintenance. providing lockers for the room in the second floor would be great.

Great hostel, very clean and helpful but initially didn't have our booking. But really impressed with our stay here

We appreciated that the managers got up in the middle of the night and let us in (as we had a very late flight). They were very accommodating and welcoming. We had a room with 3 sets of bunks which was good as we are a family of 5, but there was limited floor space and we had a large fitness machine folded up on the floor which took up a load of space which would have been handy for our 5 suitcases.