Colombo Beach Hostel

Fabulous 393 Total Reviews

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
15th Feb 2017
8.0

Only stayed here one night but Michael was very lovely to us and helped us out a lot. We had booked a 4 female room but they actually have 6 beds in there in case a girl needs a room without having booked! We thought this was a lovely touch. The roof terrace was very good however the lights didn't work in the outside bit so we were sitting in the dark because the seating area was full. Good rooms but only one fan in the room so the night was quite hot

Thanks for staying with us :), i am sorry that the lights for the rooftop garden are hard to find, we will put where to find it on our notice board go forward....enjoy your travels!!

• England, Couple, 31-40
13th Feb 2017

Very friendly and helpful host!

Thank you for your kind review, do enjoy your travels !!

• Austria, Female, 31-40
5th Feb 2017

Generally a good place to stay, it's close to a really nice beach. Staff is very friendly. Though it is a bit far from the Airport, and although they say they offer Airport Pick ups, they don't. They just recommend a Taxi Company that charge almost 4.000 rupies to bring you there. Over all a good value for money if you stay in a dorm.

Thank yo for the kind review, as for the airport drop, it is usually Rs 3000/- as mentioned, but we give you other options like using Uber....

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
24th Jan 2017
3.4

Terrible experience. I had been on a 3.5 hour train ride and an hour tuk tuk due to traffic and was looking forward to getting to my room and having a shower before sleeping as I needed to leave early the next morning. Only to arrive and the staff tell me they had over booked and I was not able to stay at this hostel (in the room I had already placed a deposit on). They offered up their friends hostel instead. Bad service.

We are so sorry about this. Our records had got erased of the entire day and this caused us to 2 additional bookings on the same day. Truly sorry, our miss

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
23rd Jan 2017
5.4

No record of booking so had to squeeze into a smaller room

13th Jan 2017
6.9

Pleasant staff. I recommend that the hostel itself could do with a update as the photos ,which sold us the hostel, do not reflect it's shabby appearance today. The dorms have a prison cell like interior and the communal areas are very worn out. Small fridge for your beer. Location is good for train into Colombo / southward. Beach 5 mins. Small supermarket 10 mins. Larger supermarket 20 mins. Atm 5 mins. Struggled to find decent / cheap eateries in the area if your on a budget.

• Norway, Female, 25-30
12th Jan 2017

Location is perfect, two min to the beach. Quiet and chill atmostphere!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
11th Jan 2017

Well presented and social rooftop area. Easy access to Colombo beach

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
8th Jan 2017

Amazing and very helpful staff. Beautiful rooftop terrace. 5 min walk away from beach and main street with supermarket etc. Would definitely come back!!

• France, Female, 25-30
1st Jan 2017
4.6

I came at night - around 1pm alone. The guy who opened the door, was doing the night shift and showed me the room. He barely spoke english. As I was packing my stuff in the side of the bed, he stayed in the room and watched me. I turned and said thank you. He then approached me, grasped the upper part of my arms and approached his face trying to kiss me. I pushed him back with strength, firmly shouted at him to leave me alone and get out of the room. I want to make sure this person is fired.

Hi, I am so sorry for what happened. That guy was a temp we hired as our usual staff member had taken a break for the new year holiday. However i feel you should have lodged a complaint with Michael who manages the place in the morning. Michael lives there 24/7, its just that he was taking a break during this period. Once again, i do apologize, and am ashamed of what has happened. Truly Sorry... Dinesh