Colombo Beach Hostel Reviews

30, De Saram Road, Mount Lavinia, Colombo, Sri Lanka

It is really a good place to start in colombo. Angelo is very kind and helpfull. The house is clean and as they`re still building things up, like the rooftop area it will be peferkt soon. It is very close to the beach and to the bussy mainroad but a quite place to rest.

Thank you for your valued feedback.

Really good location and staff lovely. Stayed at laviniya beach hostel butthe women said it was the same?!

Hi Joshua Though you had booked to stay with us, unfortunately you had booked in to the wrong place. Colombo Beach Hostel is a separate operation to Lavinia Beach Hostel. I am sorry you could not stay with us. Also, if possible, would appreciate if you could remove this, as its not based on what we offered you. Thanks Dinesh

Stayed here twice, and really enjoyed the stay. Nice location very near the beach, helpful staff, and nice facilities

I really love this hostel. When I was there, I felt so relaxed! It's a 5-min walk away from the beautiful beaches of Colombo, so no problem if you want to catch the sunset. I like the lounge area, the bathroom, the hammock...clean / new / relaxing! The only thing I didn't like about this hostel is the bunk bed (because I slept on the upper bunk ).The stair of the bunk bed is thin and made of steel, making it really painful for the feet. But if you sleep on the lower bunk, then it's all good!

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

Awesome stay and very clean I would go back in a heart beat and highly recommend it to anyone going to Mt. Lavina Sri Lanka :)

Great stay. Awesome staff. Very convenient location as well.

• 2nd Feb 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. The beach is super close. My room was big and clean. My only problem, that there was no hot water.. :(

Angelo the manager is great. Very kind and helpful!

• 10th Jan 2014

Colombo beach hostel was an excellent starting point and base to our travels round Sri Lanka. Dinesh and Angelo are great guys and very knowledgable. They helped us out loads and made us very welcome. Hostel is really nice, bakery, beer and beach all near by. Recommend to anyone travelling to Sri Lanka!

• 9th Jan 2014