8.4
Fabulous 371 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 371 Total Reviews
Colombo Beach Hostel Located at 30, De Saram Road, Mount Lavinia, Colombo.
Sri Lanka
Colombo Western Province 10370 30, De Saram Road, Mount Lavinia
84% 371
6.8400191 79.8645048
    Rooms available

13th Jan 2017
6.9

Pleasant staff. I recommend that the hostel itself could do with a update as the photos ,which sold us the hostel, do not reflect it's shabby appearance today. The dorms have a prison cell like interior and the communal areas are very worn out. Small fridge for your beer. Location is good for train into Colombo / southward. Beach 5 mins. Small supermarket 10 mins. Larger supermarket 20 mins. Atm 5 mins. Struggled to find decent / cheap eateries in the area if your on a budget.

• Norway, Female, 25-30
12th Jan 2017

Location is perfect, two min to the beach. Quiet and chill atmostphere!

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
8th Jan 2017

Amazing and very helpful staff. Beautiful rooftop terrace. 5 min walk away from beach and main street with supermarket etc. Would definitely come back!!

• France, Female, 25-30
1st Jan 2017
4.6

I came at night - around 1pm alone. The guy who opened the door, was doing the night shift and showed me the room. He barely spoke english. As I was packing my stuff in the side of the bed, he stayed in the room and watched me. I turned and said thank you. He then approached me, grasped the upper part of my arms and approached his face trying to kiss me. I pushed him back with strength, firmly shouted at him to leave me alone and get out of the room. I want to make sure this person is fired.

Hi, I am so sorry for what happened. That guy was a temp we hired as our usual staff member had taken a break for the new year holiday. However i feel you should have lodged a complaint with Michael who manages the place in the morning. Michael lives there 24/7, its just that he was taking a break during this period. Once again, i do apologize, and am ashamed of what has happened. Truly Sorry... Dinesh

• Denmark, Female, 41+
27th Dec 2016
6.6

Very basic conditions, but enough for a good night sleep. Wifi is not available in the rooms or lobby. Water in shower is lukewarm.

• nsmith183826
  • England, Couple, 25-30
22nd Dec 2016

Michael the owner was very friendly and helpful - advised on the area and onwards travel. Room basic but we were provided with clean sheets and towels. Shower, toilet, sinks and fans in room. Rooftop area is nice to chill out. Directions to catch the bus from the airport were good meaning we saved money getting there. Close to beach.

• England, Male, 31-40
20th Dec 2016
8.0

Nice hostel but a bit far from centre of Colombo and very far from the international airport but it is near the beach and he area that it's located in is better than the centre so I guess it depends what your plans are in Colombo and how long you plan to stay. Great owner by the way and very helpful

19th Dec 2016
7.7

It's a beach hostel so don't expect there not to be sand. The WiFi was bad enough to be troublesome booking the next stay. Other than that, it's a 5 minute walk from the beach and out of the craziness of Colombo city

17th Dec 2016

This was by far the best hostel I've stayed in. It's extremely close to the beach (covered in rubbish but still nice for sunsets and walks), 15 min walk to the nearest train station, 5 min walk to a supermarket and other shops. It takes 20 min by train to get to the city which I found worthwhile to stay in a more calming space. It was also such a bonus to be able to cook our own food in the shared kitchen! If you need to extend your visa, the immigration office is reachable by bus.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
10th Dec 2016

Very clean, nice rooftop area and if your looking for somewhere close to the beach and train station the location is good. Staff were very friendly and the upstairs kitchen is handy. Staff could be a little more helpful regarding how to get to certain places, directions were very vague at times. Overall enjoyed our stay, it's a great backpacker hostel!