Colombo Beach Hostel Reviews

30, De Saram Road, Mount Lavinia, Colombo, Sri Lanka

Stayed 1 night, location near the beach and restaurants, nice clean room.

• 1st Sep 2014

We paid 30$ per night for a non A/C room. Our room was ecquiped with ceiling fan and ensuite bathroom. The room is minimal, with cement floor and a couple of cement tables. Bathroom is in the same style, quite clean as the rest of the room. For a budget hostel, this style was quite good. The hostel is close to the beach but there's no beach view or direct access. Taxi drivers may have a tough time locating it so keep the address with you. Our room window had a broken glass and rain came inside

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Greece

The Wifi is only working in the common area and the rooms could use some mosquito nets. However, it is quite close to the beach and the staff is very nice ! There is also a small restaurant just next to it, the food is okay but the owner is super friendly and kind.

Mike the manager was absolutely fantastic. I had food poisoning and he went out of his way to look after me. Thank you so much! I felt awful and he treated me like a daughter.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Great hostel at a great location! Full of mosquitos though. They should do something about that.

Good little place, very basic really just a bed to sleep in but great price. Location is a little bit further out, but there is a cool bar near by which makes it worth it. Would stay here again

• 27th Jul 2014

this is a very nice hostel with a very sweet owner, beach is 5 mins walk from the hostel while it takes a little bit time to take bus back to downtown. other than that it is awesome, the owner put me in a nicer room without charging me anything extra. Great stay and would come back

Thank you for your comments, and please do come back. :)

Lovely hostel just near to Lavinia beachside which is fabulous, great restaurants, great surf and access to loads of shops and considering how close you are to Colombo centre it is very tranquil. So great place to stay out of the hubbub of downtown and bus really easy to centre. The hostel is really clean and there's a great roof terrace where you can while away the day or the evening. Really friendly people and great service.

Thank you for your valued feedback, and do enjoy the world in your travels :)

Very friendly people and a nice hostel. Only spent one day there but I'd return here

Thank you for your valued feedback, and hoping to see you back soon, Tc.

Good place to land in colombo, better staying out of town. Dinesh was helpful with info on cheap local transport options.

Thank you for your kind comments, hope you were able to visit St. Peters College...

Had such an amazing time here for my first stop in Sri Lanka! The rooms were great, clean, and simple and the common area was a perfect place to chill out and listen to the afternoon rain with a cup of tea and chat with other travellers. It's a close walk to the beach and just far enough away from the busy street. Angelo and Dinesh were so kind and helpful with anything I needed from places to visit to bus schedules. I will be back for sure, thanks so much for everything!! - Rachel xx

Thank you for your kind words, it was great having you and look forward to your return - Enjoy Sri Lanka!! - Dinesh

I found it costs a little pricey,cause I 've stayed in other guesthouses in other cities in Sri Lanka,I think 4-bed mixed dorm (as I stayed here costs me 10 USD )should be lower than 10 USD per bed. Location is a bit difficult to find ,cause it is quite far from the main road,so you have to walk like 4oo m.The hostel itself is not the beachside,you have to walk 5 min further away across the rail track. The overall is ok.

Angelo is a really nice man and makes me feel at home so quickly. I will come back for sure at this hostel. Very peacefull place ,

• 9th May 2014

Best Hostel to crash in if you'd like to both enjoy the crazy busy city of Colombo and the chillaxing beach of Mount Lavinia.. Great atmosphere as well!

• 7th May 2014

I travelled mostly alone in Sri Lanka and this was the first place were I stayed. I felt very at home. Angelo made me feel very safe and helped me out without even asking. He really wants the best for you an will do anything to help you out. The place itself is brand new and really beautifull. Nice terrace on the roof and a beautifull bathroom! The hostel is really close to the mount lavinia railway station (15 min to Colombo). Really nice place! I will come back!

• 24th Apr 2014

Very clean place. Nice helpful staff. Do recommend

• 21st Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

It is really a good place to start in colombo. Angelo is very kind and helpfull. The house is clean and as they`re still building things up, like the rooftop area it will be peferkt soon. It is very close to the beach and to the bussy mainroad but a quite place to rest.

Thank you for your valued feedback.

Really good location and staff lovely. Stayed at laviniya beach hostel butthe women said it was the same?!

Hi Joshua Though you had booked to stay with us, unfortunately you had booked in to the wrong place. Colombo Beach Hostel is a separate operation to Lavinia Beach Hostel. I am sorry you could not stay with us. Also, if possible, would appreciate if you could remove this, as its not based on what we offered you. Thanks Dinesh