Colombo Beach Hostel Reviews

30, De Saram Road, Mount Lavinia, Colombo, Sri Lanka

It is the best hostel I stayed in Sri Lanka ! The staff is very friendly and helpful, 2 mins walk from the beach, super fast wifi, clean rooms and the Atmosphere is great, the rooftop common area is a great place to meet other travellers to make a group coz Sri Lanka is not cheap to travel alone. I liked this hostel so much that in the end of the loop around the country I came back here again ! thanks very much for the great stay !!!

Really good hostel. The rooftop is awesome and a great place to meet people. Only negative is that all beds really need mosquito nets. I got about a million bites every night and there was nothing i could do because it was so hot you had to wear pretty much nothing. Aside from that really good!!

I stayed at the hostel recently and it is excellent value for money. There is a great roof top garden where you can hangout and enjoy and meet people. Rooms are spacious enough for your needs ( shower was brilliant ). Excellent location, walking distance to the beach (less than 5mins ) and very close to the Galle ( main ) road for shops, supermarkets etc.... Staff is friendly and helpful, and answers your questions in a professional manner ( ideal for local info )... Thank you Dinesh & Michael

Nice place right near the beach. Rooftop is great for meeting people. Rooms are a bit warm at times and very bland. Showers could use a curtain as water goes over everything in the bathroom. Nice staff

It's a good hostel with a very nice rooftop where you can chill out! Staff is very friendly, Danish helped us to plan our tour. It's nice!

• 19th Aug 2015

Nice rooftop, easy breezy backpacker's atmosphere, great staff, solid wifi - sit back, relax, cause you finna have a fun time. One of the best bathrooms. Big room. For dinner I recommend the Thai style chicken in the close by Mount Breeze Hotel at the beach. Also you can have some noice local brekkie with local coffee with some chill dudes right next to the hostel.

• 12th Aug 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Colombo Beach Hostel! The guys who work there are extremely nice and helpful! The hostel's rooftop is such an amazing area, where you can relax, have a drink, meet people, eat or even take an outdoor shower after long hours at the beach. I'd definitely go back to this hostel :)

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Poland

What a place to start your time in Sri Lanka! The hosts are more than happy to help excellent roof top where you can meet people and build friendship open cooking area. Close the beach and links into Colombo and beyond

Staff is really friendly and helpful. Good idea would be to have mosquito nets in the rooms. The rooftop is fantastic! The bathrooms could be a little bit cleaner, apart from that all good! Not the perfect place to start if you just arrived, because you have to go through Colombo (took me almost 2 hours) - but right next to the beach and a bit away from the hustle...

Nice hostel, staff very friendly and helpful. Really near to the beach and there is a lovely little diner near by. Keep up the good work.

The Colombo beach hostel was very simple, in the private room was no air condition, only a bed and no other furniture, the bathroom was not very clean and well equipped. The staff was ok, but not very helpful in the end. The roof terrace was very beautiful and probably the best thing in this hostel. I cannot understand the good rankings since we were disappointed about the quality of the hostel. In our trip in sri lanka we had for a lot less money a lot better places.

~There is a mess with the bookings, they are not organized at all. They are not coordinated between the receptionist and the person who handles the booking online, they have just to be educated on that. The receptionist has a good intention though ~There are not mosquito nets on the windows or in the beds.

Really great hostel, especially if you're travelling alone. Would definitely come back

great staff and location really good value and chilled atmosphere. pretty much all you can ask for!

We booked a 4 beds female bedroom, we had a 6 beds mixt room. The shower was kind of creepy. The rooftop is nice. Staff refused to make a phone call for us (asked us to pay for it).

• 28th Jun 2015

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here in the private room. Michael is a lovely man who gives very good advise. The room was spacious and clean. No hot water in the shower may be of interest to some. The upstairs area is an absolute winner and a great place to unwind and chat with others. The restaurant next door serves great food, too. It's in a nice quiet area a stroll away from the beach - highly recommend.

I have stayed in colombo beach hostel various times thought out my 2 months in Sri Lanka, and every time has been wonderful. The beds are comfortable, rooms and bathrooms are clean. The kitchen upstairs is perfect option for those who want to cook. The chill out area really does have that chilled vibe where I have met so many like minded people. Dinesh, Michael and of course jerry the cat are so kind and helpful. And as a bonis, Micheal knows all the bus and train time off by heart!

Can't beat the location for those wanting to be out of hectic Colombo and near the beach. Sure the rooms are a bit sparse, but I didn't realize that hostel goers were such decor snobs. Michael the manager is as advertised, friendly and helpful in all avenues.

My favorite place to stay in the Colombo area, great atmosphere, met some wonderful people! Dinesh and Michael were so helpful, we got to to spend a day at the famous Mount Lavinia Hotel pool through their connections. I stayed in the private double bedrooom with my boyfriend and we loved it, and I also stayed in the all female dorms with my cousin, the dorm was great for meeting people and the rooftop is a wonderful chill area!

Nice staff and nice place to chill on the roof top. Rooms are clean and have fans. I recommend to go there to be out of Colombo City center.