Colombo City Hostel Reviews

68 S D S, Jayasinghe Mawatha, Colombo, Sri Lanka

24 hour security on a small gated complex in a commercial suburb 20 minutes tuk-tuk from the city centre but with good bus links too. Supermarket and lots of local street food available nearby. The staff were really great. I don't remember the names but a Ukranian girl and a Sri Lankan gentleman deserve special mention, as they made me feel very welcome and kept the place spotless. Full kitchen facilities including free tea and toast 24/7 = fantastic value for money. Great work guys.

• 29th May 2015

Dear Kevin, Thank you so much for your kind words! Keep in mind, you always welcome here :) Best wishes, CCH Team

Good facilities but this hostel is not my cup of tea. The gate was always locked so you can't get in and out without having to wait for the staff to open the door. I also did not find the staff welcoming.

Dear Ryshel, Thank you very much for taking time to write review. Regarding gates - its closed for security reasons. Of course we are working on better system, but for now it helps to keep our guests safe. And our apologies that you didn't enjoy time with us, we will find out our mistakes and will work on it) This feedback is really important for us, it will help us to become better. Thank you!

great staff and great vibes!

• 9th Mar 2015

The colombo city hostel was a fantastic place to stay for the week. It was clean, the staff all friendly and helpful, and had a great relaxing vibe. I loved how some outings and activities were organised and everyone was welcome to come along. The beach is a short auto ride away and there are shops and restaurants close by to the hostel. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to a friend!

• 9th Feb 2015