Colombo Lavinia Beach Hostel Reviews

6A Samudra Mawatha, Mount Lavinia, Colombo, Sri Lanka

Awesome location. So close to the beach. You can literally see it when you walk out the gates. The Hostel is within secure premises and safe. Staff were really helpful. Great customer service. Great atmosphere and there's a beautiful garden with a patio where you can relax all day. Room was very clean. Couldn't be happier. Definitely recommend this to people who need accommodation in Colombo. Best bang for your buck!!!!!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Additional charges at the end of my stay for the use of a/c were quite a surprise and not made apparent when I checked in. It would be helpful if there was more information available about onward travel, trips and local places to visit. The gardens are beautiful and a peaceful place to sit. The local area seems to have very little happening and as a solo female traveller I found I had to repeatedly shrug off the unwanted attention of some males when I walked around the local area.

Dear Guest It is unfortunate that you had a negative experience but it is mentioned in our property information section there is an additional charge for use of A/C. Our guest safety is paramount to us and that is why we provide 24 Hr security within the premises and safety tips when you travel outside. We appreciate you taking your time to provide us with valuable feedback. Thank You

Great atmosphere, pretty garden, only 1 minute away from the beautiful beach. Very quiet place, 3 minutes away from the main street, where I can get all daily supplies. Staffs are so helpful, nice and warm hearted. Will check in again once go back.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • China

Dear Guest Thank you for taking your time to provide us with valuable feedback. It is always our priority to make our guest stay a pleasant and memorable one and we are glad we were able to do so. We look forward to seeing you again. :) Thank You

Beautiful common areas, but the room wasn't overly clean. Smelt very musty but it would be difficult not to in that humidity. Right near the beach but about an hour bus ride down town.

Dear Guest Thank you for taking your time to provide us with valuable feedback. We apologize for the oversight on cleanliness. Necessary changes have been put in place to prevent such oversight in the future, but as you mentioned the humidity does not help. It is always our priority to make our guest stay a pleasant and memorable one and we look forward to seeing you again. :) Thank You

The ambience and upkeep is amazing.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • India

Dear Guest Thank you for taking your time to provide us with valuable feedback. It is always our priority to make our guest stay a pleasant and memorable one and glad we were able to do so. We look forward to seeing you again. :) Thank You

The room smelled of the toilet

We really enjoyed out stay at Lavinia beach hostel, so much that we decided to come back at the end of our trip. The staff we all really friendly and accommodating, especially Briyathi the housemaid who made every effort to keep our room spotless and was always so helpfull,smiley, and chatty. The property has a really nice garden area with good wifi. Would defiantly recommend as good budget accomidation.

• 20th Mar 2015

Dear Guest Thank you for taking your time to provide us with valuable feedback. It is always our priority to make our guest stay a pleasant and memorable one and glad we were able to do so. We are glad you enjoyed our Garden which is one of our property highlights. We look forward to seeing you again. :) Thank You

very nice place though a bit of a tale of two rooms. started in the single room and it's very basic...under the stairs in the garage ha ha but then it is cheap. moved to the double when my friend arrived and that was fantastic.

• 14th Mar 2015

Loved it. Nice room, great location, fast wifi, nice garden. Only downside was lack of breakfast.

• 4th Mar 2015

Dear Guest Thank you for taking your time to provide us with valuable feedback. It is always our priority to make our guest stay a pleasant and memorable one and glad we were able to do so. We are constantly looking for areas to provide value to our guest and breakfast is an option we are considering for the future. We are glad you enjoyed our Garden which is one of our property highlights.We look forward to seeing you again. :) Thank You

The place is beautiful, two linked houses with a really nice garden. The Staff was very kind and helpful. The best thing is that Laviniya Beach is less than 100 mts away!! It definitely worth the price.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Stay here if you visit Colombo! 30 second walk to the beach and away from the busyness of the city, but close enough to bus and trains so you can explore. The staff were amazing, so helpful and eager to help and totally wiling to answer any questions you have about Sri Lanka. I sat talking to them for most of the morning getting local recommendations. Also they out of their way and were very helpful when I needed assistance with an incident totally unrelated to them. Would definitely stay again!

When you have to stay in colombo it's a nice place

I don't have much to say as this is an AWESOME place. The owner was very helpful and Arni (if I spell correctly) also very friendly. They gave me lotsa valuable advice and the atmosphere r very nice too. Beautiful garden I can just spend almost my half day reading and relaxing at the garden. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

I really enjoyed my stay at Lavinia Beach Hostel. The garden is lovely, surpassed only by the lovely owner. She was very helpful as I made my travel plans. She shared a cup of tea and her family story with me, making for a sweet evening. The location is very near the beach, restaurants, supermarkets, etc. Although it's outside Colombo city, it's not too far to make airport and train access inconvenient.

• 1st Feb 2015

Great place to be, the lady here is very nice and helpful! Only downside was the fan in our room was quite loud.

We stayed here for two nights and could find very little wrong with anything! The common area was clean and welcoming, the staff friendly and polite, the room more than suitable and the shared bathroom was kept clean. The price was very good value and a 1 min walk from the beach and 7 mins from colombo centre bound buses.

It was a beautiful environment and humble! I will definitely recommend to others!

• 19th Jan 2015

Staff were extremely polite and friendly. Room was very basic and the shared bathroom didnt get cleaned often enough. Room would benefit from a mosquito net but all in all a pleasant stay and value for money.

• 16th Jan 2015

We are a group of three that arrived on the 12th of jan we stayed at mount Lavinia for two weeks, We travel a lot and have stayed in many of hostels and this is by far the best, rooms have everything you need and more, it's local to shops, bars, restaurants and right on the beach, mount lavinia train station is a five minute walk along the beach so it's super easy to get to the north or south of sir Lanka in around 2 hours for 140rp, the owner merle could not do enough for everyone she helped us

I`ll keep the best memories about his hostel, People so lovely, the cleanest place, near to the beach, wonderful place. thanks a lot.

• 12th Jan 2015