Colombo Lavinia Beach Hostel Reviews

6A Samudra Mawatha, Mount Lavinia, Colombo, Sri Lanka

I had a single room with a fan and it was poorly ventilated. I couldn't open the windows because of the mosquitos.The room itself was dingy, but the dorms were nice. Rita , the lady who worked there, was absolutely amazing. She was a very sweet and kind :)

Run by 2 friendly ladies, and lots of other travellers there. We were pleased to be in Lavinia Beach- much quieter and nicer than Fort! Easy to explore the city, just take a tuktuk to the centre. Good fan in room, and we appreciated the tea/coffee making facilities!

Great location, good hosts, well maintained hostel. WiFi was not available in our hostel dorm - the only thing I disliked about this place.

Good solid hostel. Nothing to upset and nothing too much to delight! Close to beach and the ladies running the show are nice.

beautiful garden, peaceful atmosphere, a place perfect to chill out, but the wifi is only available at the reception

The owner was very nice and found answers to every question I had regarding transportation (which busses/trains to take). I stayed in the mixed dorm that didn't have A/C and it did get a little stuffy at night but maybe if the curtains had been opened there would have been more of a breeze. Nice backpacker vibe, easy to meet people. Short walk to the main road made buying meals cheaper than eating at beach restaurants.

My stay at the Lavinia Beach Hostel was awesome! Its a 30min Train ride away from Fort Colombo (18km) and is located very close to the Beach. Its very clean, cheap and they have an amazing/helpfull staff. I really recommend this Hostel to start off your travels around Sri Lanka!

Great location just back from the beach. Excellent value for money. This is a lovely, quiet oasis, run by two very nice ladies who really make you feel at home. There's a living room area with lounges, kitchen, garden with seating...plenty of space to relax. My bed was very comfy. Wi-fi is good too. Plenty of beachfront restaurants and bars just a minute or so walk away, on the beach. I will definitely be recommending this to any of my friends wh are looking for a place to stay in Colombo.

Overall a positive experience ,i nice location near to the beach and good hospitable caretakers..

Beautiful place, so cute and family run. Less than a minute walk to the beach. Staff helped organize a car and driver for us with no notice.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Wales

Beautiful place in Mount Lavinia (45 mins from Colombo by bus). Great hosts and atmosphere altough the dorms where a bit pricey for a bunk bed sharing with 5pax more....

Small room, but nice and cozy. Good wifi in the room good lacation, cheap,friendly, and having acsess to full kichen was nice. And they sell beer to a decent price, and beer is not easy to get in srilanka(for a decent price):-)

I had to rebook my reservation but will be staying their next month and will be happy to give it then. Sincerely, Kathleen Fifer

Love the sweet ladies running this place--really nice place to meet people and the beach is just great. You're a tuk tuk ride away from Colombo but didn't you come here for beaches anyway? Close proximity to train station to head south when you're ready.

The two ladies on reception were very unprofessional and very rude. I had just arrived from Malaysia and my entire journey was very long in total and I asked if I could cancel my two weeks stay and if I could only stay for two nights. They were making things very difficult for me and told me I couldnt stay unless I cancelled on line which I didnt know how to do that. I didnt understand why they couldnt cancel on their own. They had n customer service skills whatsoever.

Its a good solid hostel for cheap money, the people running it are very nice and will help you with everything.

• 21st Jan 2014
  • Denmark

Very nice place with excellent value.

A good place to spend a couple of nights. Beware of the mosquitoes, because only some of the beds have a mosquito net. The patio in front is really nice and the internet works well.

Lovely little place, very close close to the beach, with friendly staff, a nice atmosphere, and great prices. Would definitely stay here again!

Staff and owners are nice and helpful. A good first stop when you come to Sri Lanka.

« first « Prev 1 2 3