Colombo Lavinia Beach Hostel Reviews

6A Samudra Mawatha, Mount Lavinia, Colombo, Sri Lanka

I stayed a total of 10 nights and it was perfect. The staff is charming, and very helpful: the owner of the hostel, as well as Sriyanie, the lady that takes care of cleaning and cooking delicious curries, are always eager to give informations, advices, genuine care, and even soup when we are sick... The hostel is clean and comfortable, with a good wifi, and minutes away from the road and the beach. Staying there alone, I never felt lonely ! It was like staying in a home that welcomes everybody.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Close to the beach! Gets the job done! The lady which runs the hostel is very kind!!

I really loved this hostel! Great value for the money and great location. It was 2 min from the beach and like 10 min from Colombo by taxi. The staff was great, really warm, welcoming, and helpful. I will definitely be back here the next time I visit Sri Lanka.

We had a great stay in this cosy and compfy place. The hosts were very helpful and caring. They even made us woodapple cream. Yum!!!! The room was large and fairly clean. Its located close to the beach...made our start in sri lanka just perfect

This is probably the best choice to start your vacation in SL! The staff and the owner will welcome you to their family and help with everything you need! It was truly awesome how they helped us with our luggage problems we had after arriving. Even when we moved on, they held contact to us and gave updates regarding our missing bags and stored them after delivering at their place. You will feel home! IMPORTANT: DON'T MIX IT UP WITH COLOMBO BEACH HOSTEL! The driver took us there by mistake...

• 4th Aug 2014

Located at nice place, but if you want to go to Colombo city, you might stuck with bad traffic. Definitely place for holiday. Very nice host and staff, very kind and understanding person. Could be more hygienic, maybe need more staff. Great experience.

Staff were always happy to help, but the lady who was there for most of the time is not from Colombo and did not have a good knowledge of where to go etc. Very quiet and relaxing. Great kitchen. Super close to the beach - 60 seconds walk! A decent bus trip into the heart of Colombo though. Would return :-)

Nice hostel. The woman who runs it is very helpful and nice. Didn't really like mount Lavinia. Very intimidating to walk around, it felt very unsafe at night for a female on her own.

Great stay here, very very friendly staff. Best bit was having a few beers on the beach and then just walking the 1 minute back to the hostel. Security is great and my dorm was very clean. Also nice places to sit outside. Only issue was the internet wasn't working for me while there, and maybe having an option for breakfast purchasing would've been great. Really great hostel with a very nice relaxed vibe away from the crazy downtown Colombo.

Great location and the wonderful Rita make this a good value stay. Close to beach

Rita is amazing. Hostel is 2 mins walk from beach! 30 mins from city centre. Lovely chilled vibe. Thank you.

• 24th Jun 2014

Owner not very friendly or helpful

I great place to stay, very homely, very comfortable, and very close to the beach.

This is a nice place to stay, the owner is really nice and friendly, and the environment is very cozy! I would stay a couple more days here if I could!

Price is unbeatable and staff (2 lady) are really friendly. You can feel like you are at your home. The only negative thing is location (If you need to go city center, everyday). Just check it from Google Map before you book.

Very nice and friendly hostle would defently recommend to people we meet at other hostels around Sri Lanka

nice hostel close to the beach. very lovely and helpfull stuff. the surrounding is quite but you can reach supermarket and restaurants in 5 min footwalk or you take the train for 15 rupia to the citycenter (15 min). its

A wonderful place to stay just outside Colombo, with the beach right next door and easy to get into Colombo. Incredibly friendly and helpful ladies run the place, and are willing to accommodate and help with any questions or advice. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay in the Colombo area.

• 30th Apr 2014

Merle at Lavini Beach was very helpful when it came to booking taxis and she also gave us a free home cooked meal on my first night, which was really approciated as I'd arrived quite late. The room was okay, but the air con unit wasn't working and the toilet seat was cracked. The rooms could do with a general overhall including clean bedding to improve it. The beach is close by, which is a good reason to stay at this Hostel and gives easy access to some lovely bars & restaurants by the ocean.

I had a single room with a fan and it was poorly ventilated. I couldn't open the windows because of the mosquitos.The room itself was dingy, but the dorms were nice. Rita , the lady who worked there, was absolutely amazing. She was a very sweet and kind :)