Colombo Lavinia Beach Hostel Reviews

6A Samudra Mawatha, Mount Lavinia, Colombo, Sri Lanka

I was expecting a simple room but it was a small apartment with basic kitchen facilities and outdoor seating area. Nice friendly family atmosphere.

• 18th Aug 2015

Give activities!

Excellent beach access. 700r to Colombo train station by auto (tuktuk).

No water in the bathroom

I made myself at home when i stayed there for 5 days. It's very cosy though lack of some atmosphere. Prepare your own breakfast and you will enjoy this place.

This is a nice homely little hostel on the outskirts of Colombo. It was perfect for chilling with a book and a beer on an evening. Not at all a party hostel but the garden and living room are still good for meeting people. The staff were very friendly and helped me out getting around Colombo on the cheap. It is close to the beach (Even though the beach is a little quite and dirty) and near shops and restaurants. I would stay here again.

All round excellent place, very happy with the stay. Located next to the beach but it is a 30-40 minute bus ride to the centre.

It was a wonderful stay! Very kind people and right next to the beach! Perfect place to hang out for a few days after arriving at Colombo! The drive from the airport is 3,5 hours in busy traffic so be prepared after your flight! They cab arrange an excellent driver who will pick you up! Def. Recommend that to do!

• 9th Jul 2015

I loved the two women. But locked myself into the toilet because of a default lock. Also I had to let the door open en could not lock it. Not safe. Not considerate.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Great hostel, but quite far from Colombo city but good location if you want to stay at Mount Lavinia. The staff were very very friendly and the dorm has its own kitchen facility (microwave and fridge and kettle, no cooker).

Very helpful owner, booked airport pick up for us and met us when we arrived at 5am. Also understanding when we slept past check out time!

The hostel is only a few steps away from the beach and the main streets, while benefiting from perfect silence and tranquility. I was renting a single room with shared bathroom, which was very small but comfortable and perfectly clean. Perfect for those who don’t plan to spend their days in their room. In the common area, I could use the kitchen and the fridge. Also, having to work on my computer, the room on the 2nd floor of the common area is perfectly convenient for that. I recommend.

• 3rd Jul 2015

A really nice place to stay a little bit outside Colombo main district. Really close to the beach and access to supermarket and restaurants are easy. It takes about 600LKR with metered tuk tuk from Fort to this place. 2 ladies working there are amazing. We love them.

The staff are amazing and the hostel grounds are beautiful; I reccommend this hostel to anyone looking for an exclusive and affordable experience on the beach. Transportation to Colombo and Kandy are easy because the hostel is near a train station and the car service associated with the hostel is excellent.

• 30th May 2015

such warmth and homeliness. Loved the feel of being at home :)

• 26th May 2015
  • India

It's actually an old house converted to a hostel. Very friendly staff. The location is right next to the beach. The nearby Food Corner has excellent breakfast!

Dear Guest Thank You for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again.

The hostel is very cute and a nice getaway from the slightly manic city of Colombo. The best thing about it was the two lovely women who ran it. They were super helpful and very friendly! We checked out on the Monday morning but had to hang around till midnight to wait for our night bus. They let us keep our bags near reception and chill out in the porch area till 9pm that night, free of charge! And then they sorted a taxi to the bus station for us! I would definitely recommend it.

• 2nd May 2015

Stayed in the twin room and the 2 bed apartment, twin was spacious but apartment is huge, well worth the extra payment. The 2 women who look after the place are great and very helpful. The beach is 2 min walk, careful crossing the railway line. Mount Lavinia Train station is 100 rupee tuktuk away, train does stop there on route down to Galle contrary to what web site states.

Awesome location. So close to the beach. You can literally see it when you walk out the gates. The Hostel is within secure premises and safe. Staff were really helpful. Great customer service. Great atmosphere and there's a beautiful garden with a patio where you can relax all day. Room was very clean. Couldn't be happier. Definitely recommend this to people who need accommodation in Colombo. Best bang for your buck!!!!!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Dear Guest Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you choose out hostel for future travels in Sri Lanka

The 2 ladies that run the hostel/homestay were great and very helpful.Location is in quiet area close to beach only 2 nins away across the railway line, be careful. I would recommend spending the extra 2 pounds for the apartment rooms and deluxe rooms loads of space in them. Mount Lavinia train station serves Galle train station 10.45 and 14.40 even though web site says train does not stop at Lavinia, it is wrong. But double check for yourself ! Great to place to relax !