Colombo Lavinia Beach Hostel Reviews

6A Samudra Mawatha, Mount Lavinia, Colombo, Sri Lanka

Very friendly staff. Place where people stay one or two nights, then move on. Weirdly you have to pay half a day extra for late checkouts (after 11) and early checkins (before 12).

• 25th Nov 2015

I do t have anything overly positive or overly negative to say about this hostel. It was a great place to stay a few days, and very close to the beach. I can tell that much effort goes into cleaning each day, which is appreciated.

• 16th Nov 2015

Great location for the beach. Good facilities and clean. Staff were nice.

• 10th Nov 2015

I arrived late and was greeted with a coffee which was perfect, very friendly staff. Right next to the beach, a bus journey away from Colombo but that fine since it gets you out the city and then easy to get a bus back to Colombo to see the sights. Would recommend. Be careful to go to the right hostel though, there is another local hostel called beach hostel

Near beach so beautiful beach at mount Lavinia

Really cute and cozy, clean, a minute from the beach and they have a nice, clean outdoor pool. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Great location five minutes from the beach and ten minutes from the local bus stop. The staff were nice enough. No breakfast but there was a kitchen and fridge if yo want to buy food. It was very quiet and the atmosphere wasn't great but I think in peak times it would probably be better. Would recommend this hostel

I stayed here arriving at 4am after landing in Colombo. Staff we're accommodating in offering me an early check in, however I felt the price of this was steep (double the cost of one night). Lovely, clean, secure accommodation and only a couple minutes walk to the beach. Wouldn't really recommend this place to solely travellers. It's a quiet place, therefore difficult to socialise.

Great place. Right near the beach, shops and train station. Really friendly and helpful staff. All the trimmings you could ever need and quite possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Thank you for a great stay!

It was certainly a choice I regretted. Poor room, poor staffs and poor host. I'm sure there're plenty better ones out there. Stay out from this one.

Lovely little place to stay very close to the beach (

hot and full of mosquitoes... the staff is not very helpful

Very warm and welcoming. Appreciate all the help in making ththe stay in Colombo so comfortable. Thank you. Look forward to be here again.

I was expecting a simple room but it was a small apartment with basic kitchen facilities and outdoor seating area. Nice friendly family atmosphere.

• 18th Aug 2015

Thing that most impressed me about this hostel was the staff. My friend and I stayed here for one night and were trying to find a driver to take us to Newara Eliya in the middle of the night. Normally this wouldn't be so hard but it happened to be the night of the Sri Lankan elections. Despite our poor timing the owner found us a driver and made sure to get us a fair price - she negotiated rigorously for us!

Give activities!

Excellent beach access. 700r to Colombo train station by auto (tuktuk).

No water in the bathroom

I made myself at home when i stayed there for 5 days. It's very cosy though lack of some atmosphere. Prepare your own breakfast and you will enjoy this place.

This is a nice homely little hostel on the outskirts of Colombo. It was perfect for chilling with a book and a beer on an evening. Not at all a party hostel but the garden and living room are still good for meeting people. The staff were very friendly and helped me out getting around Colombo on the cheap. It is close to the beach (Even though the beach is a little quite and dirty) and near shops and restaurants. I would stay here again.