Colombo Sea View Hostel Reviews

45/1 , Initium Road , Dehiwala, Floor 3 , Apartment 2, Colombo, Sri Lanka

This hostel is made excellent by the lovely lady who cooks and cleans and looks after the place working very hard all hours of the day. She is very friendly more like a homestay than a hostel. She even got up early to make us breakfast as we had to get our visas done very ealry. Thank you we may return at the end of our trip.

• 1st Feb 2016

Just double check and confirm your stay with the host. When we arrived, there was no room for the 2 of us. The lady was amazing: she felt so sorry that she organised a tuktuk to drop us in a similar place but in different area. It was a bit disappointing cause we were very tired after 2 days of flights and travelling. I think they will fix this overbooking problem very soon.

Chandri is a real sweetheart. She treated me like family and was genuinely kind. Breakfast is simple but delicious. Chandri was always there to help. She even cooked dinner for me once and it was delicious. She was always busy cleaning out making the guests feel comfortable. I really recommend this place :)

Although I was there fora short period, I enjoyed my stay.

We went for 3 days and felt like we became a little family with the other people staying in the hostel and the lady who was working in the hostel. she was incredible and showed so much love and compassion, it did not feel like a hostel with rulesrules it felt like a home with respect!

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Had a very good stay in this hostel! The people that work there are very friendly and make you feel as you where at home. Will certainly go back there next time that I am in Colombo!

We stayed in the hostel for only one night, it was good value for the money, the Colombo Center is not very close (but connections are okay), but you can have a nice walk on beach nearby, watch nice sunset there, have a snack in beach restaurant, ... The staff was also really friendly , Tirly (who is otherwise working in Kandy Down Town Hostel - which is also nice btw:)) was really nice, gave a lot of information, called for departure of train for us and gave me priceless cooking instructions:)

• 11th Oct 2015