Colonial House Quito

Superb 469 Total Reviews
Superb 469 Total Reviews

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
15th Jul 2017

What really impressed me was the staff went to when I needed help. I had issues with my bag not arriving on time with issues I experienced with my airline. I would like to make a special mention to Ivan who went above and beyond what was necessary he was a massive help by calling the airline to ask when my bag would arrive and would chase them daily until they said it was on the way and he emailed me to let me know it arrived whilst I was away in the Amazon.

• USA, Female, 31-40
4th Jul 2017

Such a friendly, welcoming place with helpful and caring staff. Close enough to get to everything by walking or bus in the historic district. There was a considerable amount of street noise that interfered with my sleep, especially in the early AM, but that is to be expected in Quito. I look forward to staying there again when I'm next visiting.

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
30th Jun 2017

It's a great hostel with a very good atmosphere. There are lots of spaces to hang out in the hostel and it was in a very convenient location to explore the old town. My only slightly negative comment is that the bathrooms do not have great ventilation. However, overall, an excellent place to stay in Quito

• USA, Female, 25-30
29th Jun 2017

Perfect hostel for someone looking to relax and be away from the busy noise of Quito. Good location in the historic center, however many places to eat close early around the area during the week. However, during the weekend, the hostel is close to la Ronda, a really fun strip of food. The hostel itself was great. Good staff, clean kitchen. My biggest complain is the really squeaky bed. My partner and I stayed in a private room. It felt like any subtle move I made the bed squeaked really loud.

• lossarango2951
  • Colombia, Female, 25-30
23rd Jun 2017

Stayed two nights in Colonial House and had a very pleasant time. The volunteer staff as well as the owner were very involved in making sure our stay was enjoyable and were very helpful when it came to fusing us into getting around Quito. The beds were super comfortable and it was nice that it wasn't a party hostel. The night we arrived we did have a BBQ in the yard which got everyone together for some beers and good conversation. Highly recommend this beautiful hostel!

• Finland, Couple, 31-40
21st Jun 2017

The hostel and the staff were very nice, we already booked the same hostel for the last nights of our trip when we're back in Quito. There's a nice courtyard (with bunnies!), computers to use, pool table, hot water, safety boxes in the reception. One night of our stay there was a barbecue evening on the yard. The location was ok, close to bus station and the centre of the old town. There are some places to eat nearby, but most of them were closed when we needed them - only minus of the place.

• ssheffields
  • USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
19th Jun 2017

I loved this hostel! Very clean, helpful staff. the guests were also very nice and the place was overall pretty quiet. No using the game rooms and kitchen after 11pm which means you won't be woken up in the middle of the night! Helpful with setting up tours. Only complaint would be wifi. Would have full bars but the internet was very slow or wouldn't work at all. Luckily I had cell service but could see how thatd be frustrating for those w/o international cell use. They do have computers though.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
18th Jun 2017
8.0

We stayed in a private room with our own bathroom and the room itself was good and clean. However it was facing the road so around 5am it got really loud because you could hear every car passing. Apart from that the staff was very friendly and helpful, the kitchen was well equipped and we enjoyed our stay.

• England, Couple, 18-24
30th May 2017

Great hostel! One of our favourites in South America so far! Had very big rooms, lots of communal areas and some adorable baby rabbits. Staff were very friendly and helpful and let us leave our bags in storage there while we went on a trip to the amazon. Only thing that would make the hostel better is a free breakfast! (It's only $3.50 but you can find places nearby for only $1.50 - $2.50)

• USA, Male, 18-24
25th May 2017

The Colonial House is a wonderful place! The staff is friendly and they were tremendously hospitable and helpful. I had a wonderful experience staying here ,and I wish I had more words to say other than I loved it there. Thank you, Colonial House!