Colonial House Quito

Superb 485 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 485 Total Reviews

10th Aug 2017

I really loved this hostel! Breakfast for 3.50 is amazing! The backyard with the bunnies is the cutest thing ever. Super clean rooms and bathrooms. Nice location. And the best part, the staff, awesome!! Really nice people. I would definitely like to come back! 😃

• VanessaHopeW
  • USA, Couple, 41+
9th Aug 2017

The staff at Colonial House was very friendly and helpful. The bed was hard and squeaky but the room was cozy. There is hot water in the shower so that is a plus. I gave a low rating for location because there is a lot of street noise. Everything from delivery trucks to dogs barking into the wee hours of the night. Be prepared for a steep spiral staircase. Breakfast is $3.50 and very tasty and ample. Crossiants, eggs, juice, tea, coffee and fruit. Walking distance from the bus station

• paddyjmchugh713
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
2nd Aug 2017

great little spot with rabbits out the back yard, although we only spent 1 night in Quito we were unable to fully experience the hostel. Beds and room were clean however there was a foul smell from the WC.

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
21st Jul 2017

Really friendly staff, super helpful about the area and tours from Quito. Free tea and coffee which was nice. Bunny rabbits running around, big backyard with hammocks and places to chill. Massive room, somethings like bathroom, furniture and plugs tired but still good value for money. Overall we had a good stay.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
15th Jul 2017

What really impressed me was the staff went to when I needed help. I had issues with my bag not arriving on time with issues I experienced with my airline. I would like to make a special mention to Ivan who went above and beyond what was necessary he was a massive help by calling the airline to ask when my bag would arrive and would chase them daily until they said it was on the way and he emailed me to let me know it arrived whilst I was away in the Amazon.

• USA, Female, 31-40
4th Jul 2017

Such a friendly, welcoming place with helpful and caring staff. Close enough to get to everything by walking or bus in the historic district. There was a considerable amount of street noise that interfered with my sleep, especially in the early AM, but that is to be expected in Quito. I look forward to staying there again when I'm next visiting.

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
30th Jun 2017

It's a great hostel with a very good atmosphere. There are lots of spaces to hang out in the hostel and it was in a very convenient location to explore the old town. My only slightly negative comment is that the bathrooms do not have great ventilation. However, overall, an excellent place to stay in Quito

• USA, Female, 25-30
29th Jun 2017

Perfect hostel for someone looking to relax and be away from the busy noise of Quito. Good location in the historic center, however many places to eat close early around the area during the week. However, during the weekend, the hostel is close to la Ronda, a really fun strip of food. The hostel itself was great. Good staff, clean kitchen. My biggest complain is the really squeaky bed. My partner and I stayed in a private room. It felt like any subtle move I made the bed squeaked really loud.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
28th Jun 2017
8.0

Little to no atmosphere and the hostel in general was a bit odd. The family/3 bed room was good value for money though and the staff were friendly

• lossarango2951
  • Colombia, Female, 25-30
23rd Jun 2017

Stayed two nights in Colonial House and had a very pleasant time. The volunteer staff as well as the owner were very involved in making sure our stay was enjoyable and were very helpful when it came to fusing us into getting around Quito. The beds were super comfortable and it was nice that it wasn't a party hostel. The night we arrived we did have a BBQ in the yard which got everyone together for some beers and good conversation. Highly recommend this beautiful hostel!