Colonial House Quito

Superb 458 Total Reviews

• ssheffields
  • USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
19th Jun 2017

I loved this hostel! Very clean, helpful staff. the guests were also very nice and the place was overall pretty quiet. No using the game rooms and kitchen after 11pm which means you won't be woken up in the middle of the night! Helpful with setting up tours. Only complaint would be wifi. Would have full bars but the internet was very slow or wouldn't work at all. Luckily I had cell service but could see how thatd be frustrating for those w/o international cell use. They do have computers though.

• England, Couple, 18-24
30th May 2017

Great hostel! One of our favourites in South America so far! Had very big rooms, lots of communal areas and some adorable baby rabbits. Staff were very friendly and helpful and let us leave our bags in storage there while we went on a trip to the amazon. Only thing that would make the hostel better is a free breakfast! (It's only $3.50 but you can find places nearby for only $1.50 - $2.50)

• USA, Male, 18-24
25th May 2017

The Colonial House is a wonderful place! The staff is friendly and they were tremendously hospitable and helpful. I had a wonderful experience staying here ,and I wish I had more words to say other than I loved it there. Thank you, Colonial House!

• USA, Female, 25-30
23rd May 2017

This is a great place! The staff is very friendly and helpful in every aspect from giving directions, questions about culture, suggestion on what to do/see (but not pushy at all). I stayed for 5 nights and it was always nice to come back from all the city life and relax in the garden. I like that the main door into the hostel is locked and you have to be buzzed in. They also have a small kitchen for guests to use (hot plate, coffee maker, hot water, microwave...)

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
23rd May 2017

I loved this hostel!!! My private room was beautiful in a wonderful location. The common rooms were exceptional. The backyard exceeded my expectations (they had a family of bunnies!!!!), the staff were so helpful with all questions, and it was exceptionally clean. I also felt very safe in the hostel. If I ever go back to Quito, I would love to stay there again.

19th May 2017
7.7

Nice place to stay for a few nights, but there isn't one designated common area so the few people that were staying seemed to be spread out. The bunnies in the garden are awesome!

• Germany, Couple, 18-24
18th May 2017

- Nicest staff we ever had in any hostel!!! Super helpful & we were spontaneously invited to a BBQ by the owner. - Large private rooms, beds were quite comfortable - Common areas with sofas and pool table, free bananas & shots - Good Location (5 minutes to historical center) - Only the kitchen could be equipped a bit better Overall totally recommended!

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
18th May 2017

Colonial house hostel is amazing, i dont know for where to beggin..., the hostel is in the historic center, great location, a very nice and safe place to walk arround. The rooms are big, comfortable and clean. They have a great play room and a beatiful garden also. The staff that work there is just the most kind person that i meet. I totaly recomend these place to stay en QUito.

• Finland, Couple, 31-40
11th May 2017

Hot showers, great volunteers, clean, 2 kitchens for use. Had a big double room with 2 double beds ensuite. Old charming house, a bit cold for me at times. But the free tea warmed me up. Would definitely stay again if going back to Quito.

• England, Couple, 18-24
7th May 2017

We arrived late at night and were starving and Evan (may be spelt wrong) one of the volunteers was amazing and made us scrambled eggs and bread for free! So grateful! Our room was clean and spacious. The breakfast they offer is really nice. Great communal area! Would highly recommend.