Coloria Hostel Reviews

General Guemes 333, Salta, Argentina

This is the second time I choose Coloria. The staff is very friendly, though the owner would have to be less matter-of-fact, since her pragmaticism borders impoliteness. The other members are incredible. This time the (yellow) room was quite small, but it was convenient to have the bathroom next to the room. However, the bathroom was not as clean as the other bathrooms in the house. I would probably return to Coloria, since its location is very convenient.

The rooms were pretty clean but the bathrooms were disgusting. Taps didn't work and water pressure was non existent. Basic breakfast. Location was Central though.

Great shower- best in South America so far! Gas fire in the common area was also a big bonus. Nearby cafés and restaurants.

This is a big house turn hostel where they forgot to turn the house into a hostel. For example, the huge wardrobes are useless as lockers, but they could be perfect with a little refurbishing. Ditto for the bathrooms. They need to fix blinds and faucets, too. Also, they have squeezed 6 beds where only 4 would be comfortable, even by dorm standards. Pity, 'cos the common area is very nice indeed. So, call the DIY guy and we'll all be happy.

The staff at this hostel couldn't speak any english which made it very difficult for us to get any information about the city and activities to do. The dorms were cramped and the street is very noisy at night time from the dorm we were in. Clean and modern. Could do up the backyard to be a bit nicer. The common area inside and the kitchen area were decent.

Good hostel, good chilled atmosphere, great location, helpful staff. Recommend you do the horse riding

A nice staff, good location but the hostel was really noisy: the radio was turned on really loud all day long, sometimes people were watchnig TV (loud as well) while the radio still was turned on. Moreover the sound resonates in all the hostel. The bathrooms are supposed to be cleaned 4 times a day but they are always dirty. The swimming pool is green inside. The breakfast was awful and the coffee disgusting. And our room (a double with shared bathroom) was so small that we couldn't move...

I had an excellent stay in coloria, the staff treated me like home, very clean and comfortable, the bathrooms sanitized many times in the day, pretty full breakfast to be a hostel, very clean pool and always available,I hired tours there and everything went very well. undoubtedly i will return and I recommend it!!

• 4th Feb 2014

we loved this hostel! the place is very beautyful and the pool is amazing. breackfest is basic. the beds are good but some of the rooms are small. the staff is very helpfull and nice. it is a bit far from the center about 10 min walk but the nighberhood felt very safe so we didnt mind walking at night as well . we will defenetly stay there if we are ever again in salta.

I stay in the hostel 3 nights, from the first moment they made me feel at home, stella marianela y gabriela made ​​my stay in jumps much better than I imagined, I got a lot of tourist information on what to do in town and excursions. very clean and esthetic, there is a garden to smoke and a very clean pool. i definitly recommend it!!

• 2nd Feb 2014

coloria charm me, I stayed three nights and had a very good stay, very clean hostel, the staff always attentive to my needs, gave us all the information we needed. rich breakfast with homemade bread, very complete. definitely go back! I recommend it

• 2nd Feb 2014

Coloria was a really nice hostel but the rooms are very small. We shared a 6 bed dorm and there was not much space. The balcony to the room was amazing though! Another negative aspect is that the bathrooms haven't been cleaned on a regular basis and there was often no toilet paper. The lady on the reception unfortunately convinced us to do tours rather than renting a car which would have been a better choice to discover the area individullay.