Colors Hostel Reviews

Veres Pálné utca 14, Budapest, Hungary

The staff at Colors was incredible. They were so kind and interested in helping me. At first, I did not think I would like Colors because of the vibe at the hostel but I soon realized that it was not the hostel itself but rather the people currently there. Once new people came, it was wonderful. The breakfast is somewhat limited (cereal, toast and coffee) but it's included so I can't complain! The location was immecible. I would recommend this hostel to everyone!!!

• 11th Aug 2014

Staff were amazingly helpful! Always there and happy to answer any and all questions. However there did seem to be some long term residents, which made things feel less secure

Relatively small hostel with a great atmosphere located in the city center. The staff was very kind and assisting. I would surely recommend staying in this hostel!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The bathrooms opened up straight to the common room and reception meaning you could see people in their getting changed. Not enough toilets or showers for everyone. Bathrooms and toilets constantly had water on the floor. We wouldn't stay here again.

Colors is a great, more homely, hostel. No complaints.

We stayed here one night after spending 3 nights in a different hostel nearby. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm and the room was clean but beds weren't too comfortable. There isn't much of an atmosphere in the hostel because the common room is in the kitchen which is small (2 tables). Most guests were socialising in their rooms rather than the common area. Only 2 showers and these are located in the kitchen area. WiFi was good and staff were friendly and helpful. Hostel is fine for short term stay.

I really thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Colors. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The hostel is cozy and breakfast was nice, and they were full of information and maps. The convenience of buying tickets to the baths was excellent as well, and the location next to the river. Go to Colors!

I really loved this little hostel! Short walk to main sights. The staff were amazing and helpful. The breakfast is basic as expected but hey it's a free breakfast can't complain! The little balcony was nice to enjoy morning coffee. Kitchen is small but supplies what you need. Nice hot shower. Comfy beds. Would stay here again and definitely recommend. Thumbs up to the staff! Really a great crew that goes the extra mile

Color Hostel was one of the best hostels we stayed at in our 26 days of traveling. The location was perfect and very close to the city centre and everything you need to see in Budapest. The staff was very helpful and helped us with a lot of things and sights in the city. The rooms was very big and spacious and you get your own cabinet for your bag. AND the cabinet was even big enough for your biiiig backpack :) the toilet and kitchen was very nice and clean too. And they even serve breakfast :)

The location is the great thing about this hostel. It is really close to the white bridge and near to the main attractions in the city. In general the staff is friendly, but when I arrived the receptionist was with her boyfriend so she didn't pay much attention to what I was asking or saying. There are free lockers which is good and also you can leave your luggage there after the check-out.

• 27th Jun 2014

An extra table for the breakfast Will be perfect :)

Colors Hostel was a very good place! The staff was so friendly and the location was perfect! But security was a little bit poor :(

Great staff, nice hostel, decent location, good group of travelers there when I was. Not a party hostel, but easy to meet other travelers. Price was fantastic, especially since it included breakfast. Would stay here again.

Highly recommended. I expected poor facilities before, becuz of the cheap price. However, facilities are well equipped, like lockers, washing machine, kitchens, computers, etc. All are free!!!!! Rooms are well painted with traditional pictures, fairy tail stories, full of local culture. Staffs are extremely nice, concerning your needs. Price is really cheap but simple breakfast still provided. Love this hostel very much.

Colors was a great value for the money and the staff was all amazing! So helpful and answered all 17483 of our questions. There wasn't much comfy common space or enough bathrooms, but the dorms were huge! The beds were also not the most comfortable. The location was fantastic though!

It's a great hostel, it was just very empty while we were there. It's not so easy to find however. Check with them what exit to use from the metro (there are at least 6!) there's a key deposit, they don't accept card and our washing, which was suppose to take two hours was completely ignored and no one really cared to help us. The cleaning trolley of a morning sounds like an earthquake, it was horrible to wake up to 6x in an hour. Good location, good security, nice building

I cannot say enough how much we loved staying at this hostel for a weekend trip to Budapest with my friends. We wanted a central location, friendly staff and to be honest, just a bed to sleep on- but this place went above and beyond duty! The staff are amazingly helpful (sorry for all the questions!!) and the hostel itself has everything you could possibly want: hairdryers, free basic breakfast, clean rooms, a fridge... Such amazing value for money, would definitely stay again!

• 30th May 2014

I would recommend this hostel, because the location and a staff is excellent, and the price is reasonable. I travelled alone and I just passed the city, but because of the good location I could feel the feeling of the city. The breakfast was avarage, but free.

• 25th May 2014
  • Spain

My stay at Colors BUdapest hostel was very nice experience. I never hoped that I could find such a good hostel in the center of Budapest for so little money. Kristian who is working there is such a nice guy. We had so much laughs. I would recommend it to anyone.

This property is weird to enter but once you are inside it is very safe and secure. The main problems I had with this hostel was the limited breakfast (cereal and toast), the fact that the hot water went out in the shower. I was also not pleased that there was only 2 toilets and 2 showers for females. As you can imagine, it got crowded very fast. Additionally, on the last day I was there it took me 20 minutes to check out because the receptionist was nowhere to be found.

• 11th Apr 2014