Colors Hostel Reviews

Veres Pálné utca 14, Budapest, Hungary

Hot water is not good.

It was what you'd expect from a £5/night hostel. So I can't complain really - the location

Very helpful and polite staff. Complete continental breakfast is a plus.

Located in city center, staff was helpful.

Cool hostel and staff more than willing to help out clueless travelers. :)

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Serbia

The hostel is ok. But they should have more showers and toilets. Furthermore, they should refurbish the bathroom as well. The location is good. The staff is good as well.

it was my second time in Colors hostel, the location is quite well. it is so close to subway which means it is very close to everywhere, the only problem for me is the number of plug-ins in the room. it was extremely less!! The huge lockers in the room and 24 hour reception made me feel safety.

This hostel was at a good location. The shower area floor was covered in dirt and hair, it took awhile before it was cleaned up. But other than that, it was great. They do clean the place very often. I loved the fact that they had a computer for people to use and a printer (printing cost money) - it really helped me. The staff were very nice and helpful. I really appreciate that reception was open 24/7, the staff work long hours so kudos to them. It isn't a 5 star breakfast but it was free

Such a friendly, helpful, homely and colourful hostel! I loved it! The kitchen was really useful and the rooms had all you needed. It wasn't modern which made it cosier and a lovel place to stay.

The staff at Colors was incredible. They were so kind and interested in helping me. At first, I did not think I would like Colors because of the vibe at the hostel but I soon realized that it was not the hostel itself but rather the people currently there. Once new people came, it was wonderful. The breakfast is somewhat limited (cereal, toast and coffee) but it's included so I can't complain! The location was immecible. I would recommend this hostel to everyone!!!

Staff were amazingly helpful! Always there and happy to answer any and all questions. However there did seem to be some long term residents, which made things feel less secure

Relatively small hostel with a great atmosphere located in the city center. The staff was very kind and assisting. I would surely recommend staying in this hostel!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The bathrooms opened up straight to the common room and reception meaning you could see people in their getting changed. Not enough toilets or showers for everyone. Bathrooms and toilets constantly had water on the floor. We wouldn't stay here again.

Colors is a great, more homely, hostel. No complaints.

We stayed here one night after spending 3 nights in a different hostel nearby. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm and the room was clean but beds weren't too comfortable. There isn't much of an atmosphere in the hostel because the common room is in the kitchen which is small (2 tables). Most guests were socialising in their rooms rather than the common area. Only 2 showers and these are located in the kitchen area. WiFi was good and staff were friendly and helpful. Hostel is fine for short term stay.

I really thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Colors. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The hostel is cozy and breakfast was nice, and they were full of information and maps. The convenience of buying tickets to the baths was excellent as well, and the location next to the river. Go to Colors!

I really loved this little hostel! Short walk to main sights. The staff were amazing and helpful. The breakfast is basic as expected but hey it's a free breakfast can't complain! The little balcony was nice to enjoy morning coffee. Kitchen is small but supplies what you need. Nice hot shower. Comfy beds. Would stay here again and definitely recommend. Thumbs up to the staff! Really a great crew that goes the extra mile

Color Hostel was one of the best hostels we stayed at in our 26 days of traveling. The location was perfect and very close to the city centre and everything you need to see in Budapest. The staff was very helpful and helped us with a lot of things and sights in the city. The rooms was very big and spacious and you get your own cabinet for your bag. AND the cabinet was even big enough for your biiiig backpack :) the toilet and kitchen was very nice and clean too. And they even serve breakfast :)

The location is the great thing about this hostel. It is really close to the white bridge and near to the main attractions in the city. In general the staff is friendly, but when I arrived the receptionist was with her boyfriend so she didn't pay much attention to what I was asking or saying. There are free lockers which is good and also you can leave your luggage there after the check-out.

• 27th Jun 2014

An extra table for the breakfast Will be perfect :)