Colors Hostel Reviews

Veres Pálné utca 14, Budapest, Hungary

This property is weird to enter but once you are inside it is very safe and secure. The main problems I had with this hostel was the limited breakfast (cereal and toast), the fact that the hot water went out in the shower. I was also not pleased that there was only 2 toilets and 2 showers for females. As you can imagine, it got crowded very fast. Additionally, on the last day I was there it took me 20 minutes to check out because the receptionist was nowhere to be found.

• 11th Apr 2014

A very basic, cheap hostel. There were only two showers and two toilets for each gender, and the breakfast wasn't great. However, the staff were friendly and attentive (for the most part), the coffee was excellent, the location was very central, and I appreciated the lockers.

• 10th Apr 2014

The staff should be more friendly.

The value for money is incredible. Staff is very friendly, breakfast simple but good!

awesome location and staff! good service as well, definitely a good choice in budapest

Staff are very nice. The place is small but warm. Facilities not so new but definitely clean. But for my last night it was quite disturbing that people talk in the common area and kept walking in and out until 4 in the morning, which is annoying

Friendly staff...lack privacy to take bath

Cheap beer, cheap hostel, good staff, comfortable.

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Venezuela

Really fantastic guys! A lovely clean hostel with the friendliest of staff. Reception opened 24hrs! - Perfect for me! I had a lovely time here and I would recommend this place for anyone looking for a value for money, well located, friendly hostel in central Budapest.

Everything was excelent. We really enjoed our stay, only bad thingy was a bit smelly room, maybe it was from other guests, but it could be cleaned or sanited. Except that when i say everything i really mean everything was excellent, from staff to bathroom. Also the location for Budapest is quite good, its just few steps from main street, and from there is easy to get anywere. From me all +++

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Serbia

Everyone of the staff was in good mood and helpful, even after the Christmas season. Just would like to congratulate them for being a great team.

The security is sooooo poor! I lost my iPad and my friend lost her instate camera! and we all have put it in the locker which keys are provided by the hostel! It is so ridiculous !!!!!! The locker was not broken so maybe someone from the hostel do it intentionally!!!!!!!! Keep everything with you and don't trust the locker !

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Taiwan

The reason we provide locker with a key is for your safety. We are sorry about what happened, but accusing us, the hostel staff with theft IS ridiculous and unacceptable! (Especially in light of that fact that we tried everything to get the issue sorted out.)

We stayed in a 6 bed room and like the hostel. The location was convenient, just few mins from a metro station and central. We had a large group and there was a booking mess. The staff was helpful and patient with sorting everything out. The internet was pretty fast (no internet in the double rooms though). The guys did a good job cleaning the shared facilities. We had a great time and the Colors Hostel helped a big deal :)

Just one small minus point was, that they had trouble with the WIFI, otherwise everything was OK.