Colors Reviews

Via Boezio 31, Roma, Rome, Italy

Very good hostel. Near Vatican, very clean and helpful staff.

First class hotel.excellent room, staff superb and very secure and close to Vatican and metro and easy to get to main train station, Termini. Close to red bus tours and laundrette too. Really enjoyed my time here.

I have stayed here twice and would again, a great hostel A+. The staff are very friendly, helpful and speak English. It is very close to everything, the Vatican is basically around the corner. Very close to a metro to places more far out.

The hostel is in a good location. But the 6 beds room is horrible. Too small, beds very close and there is no property lockers inside the room. The staff from reception was not helpfull and didn't expalin to me and my friend about an extra money that we had to pay. The price is too much for such a bad room. Just the location and cleanliness were quiet good. Fortunately Rome is a lovely city.

Very helpful staff. We are vegan and they helped us find places to eat in the vicinoty. It is a nice neighboorhoud near the Vatican. The room was ok with sink, and shower. Only for the toilet we had to go across the hall. The room was clean. We enjoyed our stay very much.

Colors is situated really close to a metro stop and also the Vatican. Bad news is that the metro is closed. Or rather, it is open sporadically. It's about a 2 mile (3km) walk to the main sights so factor that in if that's a goal. It's also outside the Aurelian walls so the 30€ fixed rate cabs do not apply. The wifi was fast, beds lumpy but decent. Outlet situation was dire. Maybe 3 for 6 people. Bathrooms clean, staff decent. Several flights of steep stairs.

Excellent location, less than 5 minuets walk to the Vatican, clean rooms, beds are a little squeaky, clean bathrooms, the common room was a little dead, so meeting people is confined to your roommates, however the close proximity to the major attractions is enough. Stay here.

Very average hostel

Location: great Room: Okay, bit small, the bed is okay to sleep, and not enough socket to use Staff: The grandpa staff is bit too serious Others: No elevator

If you're a student, travelling on budget (or just don't want to spend all your money on accomodation) this is by far the best bargain you're gonna get in Rome. Me and my friend stayed in a 6 bed ensuite dorm and we loved it (the room is small, but has all that you need). The location is great - it's in a residential area between central Rome and the Vatican (7min walk from St. Peter's). The staff was very helpful instructing us on public transport and where to eat. Would definitely stay again!

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Slovenia

24hr desk is nice but they make you give the key to the front desk when you leave. Not a very social place, operates more like a hotel. Great location with loads of restaurants and bars and next to Vatican

Great place to stay if you're in Rome for a few nights. It's open 24 hours so you can stay out as late as you want, just be respectful if you're in a room with other people. The staff is very nice and will help with anything.

• 9th Sep 2015

Hotel Colors is a good hostel located close to the Vatican City. Room was clean, a bit crowded with not much room to store big packs but there was a television & a safe in the room which we used but had to be shared with 4 other travelers which was difficult. There is no breakfast included and wifi worked most of the time. Overall not a bad hostel and on another note would recommend Pastifico near Spanish Steps for a good Italian lunch (€4).

Bit of a hotel/ hostel crossover here and great for Vatican. Staff were helpful, no lockers but didn't bother me. They have a one key for each dorm policy and last person leaves with front desk so assuming you trust the room mates, that's fine. Despite the lack of social vibe as a solo traveler I met some nice peeps and we still had good nights. They got a bit funny about me and another guy being in the girls room we met so not the most chilled vibe, but then it is Catholic Rome!

There is a 3.50 euro city tax per person per day to stay here. Nowhere on hostel world (or their website) was the city tax mentioned let alone stated the higher than average price. (Most other places charge 1-2 euros for a city tax. Hence I rated this hostel adding that to the price. Fantastic location. We walked all of Rome. Decent staff. Friendly and gave good advice. Rooms cleaned every day. New sheets and towels. Decent wifi. Consistent and okay speeds. Breakfast was ok for price

The staff was friendly and everything was clean..I ended up staying one more night. It was close to everything. For the money it was a great deal.

Didn't have lockers but very clean, friendly staff, good breakfast, although expensive, nice rooms. Would stay again.

I'll definitely stay this hostel when I visit Rome for the next time. thank you very much for everything!!

Very clean, loved the provision of water bottles every day, and AIRCON!! Thanks

My friend and i stayed at a room for two and it was very clean when we arrived, also the second day when we turned from sightseeing. We gave our keys when we went out and even we arrived late there was someone in the reception. İt is near Vatikan but we walked to other places by walking too. Only thing can complain about was aircondition. İ would definately recommend Colors.