Comebackpackers Reviews

Adalbertstrasse 97, Berlin, Germany

The staff here are golden and the environment has great potential. I had an awful time connecting, and trying to stay connected, to the wifi; it just didn't work about 90% of the time, even in the lounge. The physical environment as I said has great potential which is completely overshadowed by the drunk just-out-of-high-school vibe of the clientelle. I'm unsure whether a magazine called "Douchebag Weekly" exists, but if it does this hostel surely has a double page advertisement in it.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! Always great vibes, friendly people and staff, 24/7 bar and a great terrace and location perfect. Bathrooms can get a little dirty at night but the hostel is cleaned every morning. Would recommend to everyone!

I was a little disappointed with this hostel. I had high expectations because all of the rave reviews. I found as a solo backpacker it was exceedingly difficult to meet people. everyone was in very large groups 6+ people and were interested in making new friends. all the annoying 18 year old sorority girls and heavily drugged Australians made my stay pretty bad. I wouldn't recommend for solo travellers

Love the common areas both inside and on the deck. It created a good atmosphere to meet other travelers and go out together. The staff was very laid back but willing to help when needed. Would stay again.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Perfect atmosphere, especially for solo travellers. Has a great rooftop terrace perfect for hanging out. Close to food, the underground and nightlife. Wish it had its own laundry but its other facilities including number of toilets, showers and wifi is great. (Took me a quite while to connect - and one network was completely useless - but once connected the wifi was great and worked in my room).

Such a good vibe really chilled, staff cool with whatever and always up for a chat after a night out! Cheap beers in the fridge and cracking couches to sit and have a chat with anyone!

Best hostel so far, great kitchen facilities and common area. Only problem was only getting 1 locker between a group of 2.

• 17th Jun 2015

Matt was a good lad, very welcoming when we arrived. Toilet facilities not great, everything else did the job.

The lounge makes it easy to meet new people

Great hostel, great atmosphere in an ideal location in Berlin. The staff is very accommodating and is willing to help out with whatever. Would recommend to a friend.

• 8th Jun 2015

Great hostel for meeting people hanging out. No alcohol allowed but fridge always packed and beers very reasonably priced. Common room and kitchen were great although moussad the iranian at my and did not replace it like he said he would. He rolled me joint later though so its cool. Free tea and filter coffee was great. Internet slow but that's kind of a good get to go outside haha. All in all great hostel.

• 8th Jun 2015

Could not recommend this hostel enough! It gives you a great taste of berlin that you don't get around the more touristy locations. There's so much cheap food and drinks, as well as cool bars around it, and it's close to the good clubs. The staff were all incredibly helpful as well and just generally cool guys. I dealt with Matt the most and he was awesome! Would strongly recommend here, showed me an incredible side to berlin!

The atmosphere was exactly what a hostel should be which was made possible by the layout of the hostel. It was easy to make food with the range of facilites available and the onsite drink was a great price, though a few extra options would have been nice. The shower area was dirty one morning obviously from the night before. Overall the hostel was excellent and the stay was most enjoyable, meeting some new friends and having a great time.

Absolutely loved my stay here. There was a mix up with my room but the staff were attentive and very friendly. Great atmosphere with a bar inside the common room and a roof terrace to sit n and have drinks. Would definitely stay here again :)

If you are going to Berlin to party, this is your hostel. The location is good, it´s easy to reach, and it´s located in an area surrounded by restaurants, cafes, and things to do. It´s also walking distance from the East side Gallery, and other attractions. But... there is no control of what goes on in the rooms. People are allowed to be in the rooms with music and drinks as much as they want. Of course, it´s a hostel, but on my last night there I happened to want to sleep and couldnt before 2am

• 22nd May 2015
  • Uruguay

This was by far my favourite hostel I stayed in while I was in Berlin. It's in the coolest part of the city and right in front of the Sbahn Ubahn, and it's right above restaurants, convenience stores and one of the best Doner shops with several streets packed with all sorts of other restaurants. The facility it self was okay, but the atmosphere was fantastic. Met so many cool people with the same mind set as me which was great as a solo traveler.

I had a great time here and I met a lot of great people. A few downsides: the internet took literally 7 hours to connect to and didn't work in the rooms. Also, because there's a bar, you aren't allowed to bring in your own alcohol. Also, the fridge smelled like something died in 3 years ago and no one has bothered to remove the body. Otherwise, great hostel.

Very artistic

This hostel is a great place to meet other travellers. The living room layout makes it a relaxed atmosphere and easy to sit down and just start chatting to people there, which is ideal if you are an alone traveller. I loved the roof top area too. However, rooms were not that clean, we had to make our own beds but my mattress was covered in hairs and the bathrooms weren't great either.

• 20th May 2015
  • Scotland

Everything is perfect, friendly staff, welcoming and social atmosphere, nice space to hang out in, a terrace overlooking the neighbourhood. I had a wonderful time here and made many friends. Highly recommend this place for solo travelers for that very reason! Kreuzberg is so cool, great bars and restaurants, all cheap. Theres a kitchen in the hostel which is pretty nice and the wifi is for the most part trustworthy, you can't really go wrong here!

• 18th May 2015