Comfy Little Corner Reviews

Zwinglistrasse 39, Berlin, Germany

If you're looking for a hostel that's well located yet outside the downtown core, this is the place for you. It has less the feel of a hostel, and more of an apartment shared by flatmates. Only one bathroom shared by everyone, but in my week-long stay this didn't become a problem once. There's a 10 PM quiet time rule posted on the front door, but neither guests nor staff seem to enforce this, so beware if you're a light sleeper or need your beauty sleep (make sure to bring ear plugs).

This hostel is in a cute apartment in a cute neighborhood in Berlin. The staff do their best to make you feel at home. The beds were clean and comfy. It was a bit dusty but otherwise it was nice. The bathroom is a legit bathroom with a bathtub. Though I don't think the other hostel members would like it if you had a bath! Haha It's a bit far from the sites. But the bus stop is really close. I walk a lot so I had no problem.

If I go back to Berlin I would definitely stay here again. Comfortable, clean, and met really great people.

Good location in terms of area but if youre looking to be in the centre of Berlin then it is a good 40 minutes walk. Staff were perfectly pleasant enough but quite unhelpful when answering questions (didn't know where Berlin Zoo was eg). Also not that helpful when you are struggling with travel issues and are struggling to locate the hostel. Only one toilet and shower for eveyone. Nice rooms though - comfortable and clean.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Wales

This is not really a hostel...You could say, at most, it's a hostel in the making...First of all, the address mentioned on HostelWorld is the wrong one...It's not in Zwinglistrasse but in Dortmunderstrasse...They send me an email about 2 hours before my expected arrival time, which I did not read until after I arrived on the wrong address.. The young woman who was in charge was very sweet but rather ignorant of what was actually going on there...The single room was scruffy, the light switch

I am accustomed to staying in student accomodation, and this was it. Basically a student digs, which was what it felt like the entire time I was there. No security for belongings! Alright location however, but the other things like tiny kitchen, one bathroom/shower for this entire hostel, made it the worst hostel of trip.

We arrived late at night which we had said but were told that the hostel was closed and had to pay €10 in cash as a late fee. We were tired and did not argue.After our trip we received an email with a further £25 penalty for the same thing. We wrote to the management who after the initial email did not respond to our queries. The hostel itself was hard to find with no signage even at the door which looked like just a residential complex. There was only one bathroom for everyone. Don't recommend.

The hostel was nice, clean, near from bus station, U-Bahn and is located in a very quiet place. I met lovely people and the staff was really nice! Even if there was just one bathroom for all the staff and guests it was very clean and I didn't wait to take a shower! So yes I recommend this hostel :)

• 3rd Jun 2014

The "hostel" itself was very pleasent, and was kept clean. It's really more of someone's 3-bedroom apartment. The staff seemed well enough, though they share the same living space as the patrons, which is a little different than I'm used to. The 1-bathroom was always kept clean; the atmosphere wasn't to conducive of conversation; and the shop across the street is loud with children sometimes. All in all comfortable building, not so comfortable atmosphere.

Another bathroom is so necessary. How you'd achieve it, I don't know, but one toilet and one shower between 10+ people really isn't up to standard. Is it even up to hygiene standards? I doubt it. The staff were nice enough people, but it felt a lot like they were just other guests. Their ability to help only went so far, simply because they didn't really know the city!

• 27th May 2014

Second time in this hostel and everything was great. Not far from city centre, cheap and friendly. Highly recommended.

Very nice hostel, felt more like staying with a family than an actual hostel. Absolutely recommended. Besides, it was very cheap for Berlin and my friends and I absolutely loved it.

No lockers...Kitchen badly stocked, single shared bathroom for approx 10 people etc.

• 9th Apr 2014

This a great hostel that feels like a home. The staff and all the guests were really nice people : )

The hostel is a bit out of town but if you're planning on being out all day and want to come back to a 'house', this place is for you. I stayed in the single room and the price was great and I could relax at night. The staff are very friendly and helpful, pointing out great spots to visit on the map. The facilities are great too, a kitchen with everything you need, two bathrooms for all but this wasn't a problem. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it!