Comics Guesthouse Reviews

viale G. Cesare 38, Rome, Italy

Pretty cool hostel, great location on the other side of the river (cheaper side), quiet neighborhood, lovely coffee bars downstairs.

Enjoy it. It's nice to feel the comics atmosphere and to meet it's friendly staff

• 7th Mar 2015

It is a small Hostel with friendly staff. It's very calm and not a party hostel. The rooms have been tidied up every day. The bathrooms were clean too. It's close to a metro station, but it takes some time to walk to the city center. Next to the hostel is a small cafe with good and cheap coffee and sandwiches for breakfast 😊

Please be aware: this is a review for MOVIES GUESTHOUSE. I booked a private room through comics guesthouse but we were moved to movies guesthouse (I'm not exactly sure why), run by the same staff. This room seemed much cleaner and more pleasant than comics guesthouse. It felt more like I was renting a room of an apartment than a hostel. It was very clean and safe and quiet, easily the best hostel I've stayed at throughout Europe. I definitely recommend movies guesthouse to anyone.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We got there during the check in hours and no one opened the door for us, we had to call to a cell number (they left it on a post it outside). The problem was that we were traveling, we were not locals and did not have a phone. I had to use my roaming which is very expensive. The metro is 7 mins walking. It was clean and had a good kitchen. The tv at the common area was nice and you could change the language.

Really nice place. Spent 3 nights here recently and was really happy with the place. Would highly recommend it.

• 6th Feb 2015

Nice stay. Very comfortable. My only real complaint was that I stood out the front for 30 minutes ringing the buzzer before I could check in. There was no one on reception and I had to stand in the rain while the guy returned from wherever he was. He was apologetic though and quite helpful. I would recommend. I had a room to myself when I thought I was in a dorm. Clean and a lot of character.

Nice and clean room, great decoration! Only complain is that I had to call someone to open it for me even saying the arrival time at reservation. There should be a better way to enter the hostel, given that when you are traveling from another country maybe you dont have the means to call.

There was the minor issue of the stain on the bedsheets, the leaky shower in the room and the lack of staff on the desk. (We were supposed to stay in the comics guesthouse but we're moved to the movie guesthouse.) other than that it was fine. Film selection was awesome, the rooms were cool too. Location was ideal.

The hostel was lovely staff were amazing we will deffinitly go back again! Great location close to everything you need to see!

• 27th Dec 2014

One little problem was a drunk guest that was making a lot of noise, rendering some facilities like the TV virtually unaccessible and complaining all the time but I guess that wasn't entirely the fault of the hotel.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Bulgaria

It was fun with all of the comics. However, there were about 10 outlets in the room but only one worked so my friend and I had to share. Also, checking in was a problem. We had to stand outside for 20 minutes even though they knew what time we were arriving. We had to go to the people next door to call him for him to come. Same problem when we we were trying to get our luggage to leave.

This place was awesome, each room was well decorated with its own movie theme. Bedrooms and bathrooms were clean. Location was great within walking distance to the metro and a lot of shops and restaurants. Would stay here again.

This place is really cool, we felt like in a family....

• 26th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This place is amazing, is a small hostel in good condition with a tiny but really useful kitchen, good tv and ps3 room...it is a good choice for hostel in Rome

• 23rd Oct 2014

I arribes to this guesthouse after warning with an email about my time of arrival And there was no one to open the door, I got lucky from the apartments opened the front door for me and the actual entrance of the guesthouse was open. The office was supposed to be open from 8:00 to 20:30 but the receptionist was often not there at all, the place does not have poor facilities but for this price I have stayed I. Better places in expensive cities as well

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

We booked two bedrooms in a four bedroom room. We ended up sleeping in a 5 bedroom room. The fifth bed was my girlfriends. It was much worse than the rest of the beds and it was squeezed in next to two other beds. After a few nights the bed was removed and the room was back to 4 people. Pretty expensive hostel for not a great place. There is a washer but no dryer. They have a tiny kitchen and a tiny fridge. Coffee shops next door are amazing. Overall, I wouldn't stay here again.

i am sorry to advise you that your booking was for a 6 beds room

Great location! It is only a 2 min walk to the metro, and it will take you straight to the ancient sites in Rome. You can walk to the Vatican. Met a lot of great people here! It's a very laid back, quiet hostel (and you can't beat the decor).

This is a pretty good hostel. I was very happy to stay there. It's centrally located, a few metres from the metro stop and within walking distance to the Vatican. It's decorated nicely and quite clean. My only complaint, and it's a very small complaint, is that reception is only open from 08:00-20:00. 8/10 would stay here again.