Comics Guesthouse Reviews

viale G. Cesare 38, Rome, Italy

Comics guesthouse is located a block away from a metro stop. It is also about a 15 minute walk from the Vatican. The place a clean and comfortable. The shared bathroom was spacious. . I would recommended this place for solo travelers.

• 12th Aug 2015

Friendly people, great location!

• 9th Aug 2015

The hostel is set in an apartment with a few comic book themed rooms. The air conditioning worked well. There was a small common area with a ps3 and sky box and there was a small collection of ps3 games and movies to watch. I would consider staying here again if I tlgo back to Rome.

Place was clean and comfortable. Had lockers to secure your stuff! As I expected, Wi-Fi was not good but you can go to a restaurant and get that.

Loved the decor at this place. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the fact that we could borrow dvds to watch in our room. If you don't mind walking a bit to the major attractions or taking the metro the location was great.

The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, and I loved the comics theme. I would definitely stay here again!

• 5th Jul 2015

The hostel is in a great location and easy access to metro and close to the 'shopping street' . Hostel itself is very comfortable, very clean and has interesting decoration. They provide free umbrella for customer during rainy day. However the reception is not for 24 hourse, so it is difficult to request something or asking for help.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

For me, because I was with family, daughter, it was really good, the hostel is so quiet, calm and you can be relaxed. The staff was really kind and I needed because of a problem in the key of my room, he came fast and solved the problem. Different from other hostels, there were no activities programmed, interaction with others travellers, but the atmosphere of the place and the peace were something differente to experience.

The buzzer on the door didn't work and I stood outside the door for an hour. I don't have a phone that works internationally so I had to wait until a nice Italian couple passed by and let me borrow their phone. There is some sort of bull city tax which can only be payed in cash but it is located close to a metro station so it is easy to get around. They also provide a locker and there's a small kitchen to make food but I couldn't find a place around the hostel to buy groceries.

The location was central to where I wanted to be to enjoy the city. The guesthouse was also close to the city's metro transportation stations and I had little trouble in navigating my way in the area. The staff was super helpful in providing information of where to eat, what to see and visit while staying with them. The private rooms were also very spacious and accommodating to travel weary guests. A private shower is a luxury not everyone experiences while staying at guesthouses/hostels

• 20th Apr 2015

Great location away from the loud, crowded tourist hub but connected by metro to the main attractions. The rooms had comfy mattresses and were decorated with different themes related to different comics...overall a very nice and affordable place to stay.

We didn't stay at Comics Guesthouse. Had a last minute change to Movies Guesthouse which was supposed to be an upgrade. Rooms were nicely decorated and clean. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

Pretty cool hostel, great location on the other side of the river (cheaper side), quiet neighborhood, lovely coffee bars downstairs.

Enjoy it. It's nice to feel the comics atmosphere and to meet it's friendly staff

• 7th Mar 2015

It is a small Hostel with friendly staff. It's very calm and not a party hostel. The rooms have been tidied up every day. The bathrooms were clean too. It's close to a metro station, but it takes some time to walk to the city center. Next to the hostel is a small cafe with good and cheap coffee and sandwiches for breakfast 😊

Please be aware: this is a review for MOVIES GUESTHOUSE. I booked a private room through comics guesthouse but we were moved to movies guesthouse (I'm not exactly sure why), run by the same staff. This room seemed much cleaner and more pleasant than comics guesthouse. It felt more like I was renting a room of an apartment than a hostel. It was very clean and safe and quiet, easily the best hostel I've stayed at throughout Europe. I definitely recommend movies guesthouse to anyone.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We got there during the check in hours and no one opened the door for us, we had to call to a cell number (they left it on a post it outside). The problem was that we were traveling, we were not locals and did not have a phone. I had to use my roaming which is very expensive. The metro is 7 mins walking. It was clean and had a good kitchen. The tv at the common area was nice and you could change the language.

Really nice place. Spent 3 nights here recently and was really happy with the place. Would highly recommend it.

• 6th Feb 2015

Nice stay. Very comfortable. My only real complaint was that I stood out the front for 30 minutes ringing the buzzer before I could check in. There was no one on reception and I had to stand in the rain while the guy returned from wherever he was. He was apologetic though and quite helpful. I would recommend. I had a room to myself when I thought I was in a dorm. Clean and a lot of character.

Nice and clean room, great decoration! Only complain is that I had to call someone to open it for me even saying the arrival time at reservation. There should be a better way to enter the hostel, given that when you are traveling from another country maybe you dont have the means to call.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7