Comics Guesthouse Reviews

viale G. Cesare 38, Rome, Italy

The location was central to where I wanted to be to enjoy the city. The guesthouse was also close to the city's metro transportation stations and I had little trouble in navigating my way in the area. The staff was super helpful in providing information of where to eat, what to see and visit while staying with them. The private rooms were also very spacious and accommodating to travel weary guests. A private shower is a luxury not everyone experiences while staying at guesthouses/hostels

• 20th Apr 2015

Great location away from the loud, crowded tourist hub but connected by metro to the main attractions. The rooms had comfy mattresses and were decorated with different themes related to different comics...overall a very nice and affordable place to stay.

We didn't stay at Comics Guesthouse. Had a last minute change to Movies Guesthouse which was supposed to be an upgrade. Rooms were nicely decorated and clean. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

Pretty cool hostel, great location on the other side of the river (cheaper side), quiet neighborhood, lovely coffee bars downstairs.

Enjoy it. It's nice to feel the comics atmosphere and to meet it's friendly staff

• 7th Mar 2015

It is a small Hostel with friendly staff. It's very calm and not a party hostel. The rooms have been tidied up every day. The bathrooms were clean too. It's close to a metro station, but it takes some time to walk to the city center. Next to the hostel is a small cafe with good and cheap coffee and sandwiches for breakfast 😊

Please be aware: this is a review for MOVIES GUESTHOUSE. I booked a private room through comics guesthouse but we were moved to movies guesthouse (I'm not exactly sure why), run by the same staff. This room seemed much cleaner and more pleasant than comics guesthouse. It felt more like I was renting a room of an apartment than a hostel. It was very clean and safe and quiet, easily the best hostel I've stayed at throughout Europe. I definitely recommend movies guesthouse to anyone.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We got there during the check in hours and no one opened the door for us, we had to call to a cell number (they left it on a post it outside). The problem was that we were traveling, we were not locals and did not have a phone. I had to use my roaming which is very expensive. The metro is 7 mins walking. It was clean and had a good kitchen. The tv at the common area was nice and you could change the language.

Really nice place. Spent 3 nights here recently and was really happy with the place. Would highly recommend it.

• 6th Feb 2015

Nice stay. Very comfortable. My only real complaint was that I stood out the front for 30 minutes ringing the buzzer before I could check in. There was no one on reception and I had to stand in the rain while the guy returned from wherever he was. He was apologetic though and quite helpful. I would recommend. I had a room to myself when I thought I was in a dorm. Clean and a lot of character.

Nice and clean room, great decoration! Only complain is that I had to call someone to open it for me even saying the arrival time at reservation. There should be a better way to enter the hostel, given that when you are traveling from another country maybe you dont have the means to call.

There was the minor issue of the stain on the bedsheets, the leaky shower in the room and the lack of staff on the desk. (We were supposed to stay in the comics guesthouse but we're moved to the movie guesthouse.) other than that it was fine. Film selection was awesome, the rooms were cool too. Location was ideal.

The hostel was lovely staff were amazing we will deffinitly go back again! Great location close to everything you need to see!

• 27th Dec 2014

One little problem was a drunk guest that was making a lot of noise, rendering some facilities like the TV virtually unaccessible and complaining all the time but I guess that wasn't entirely the fault of the hotel.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Bulgaria

It was fun with all of the comics. However, there were about 10 outlets in the room but only one worked so my friend and I had to share. Also, checking in was a problem. We had to stand outside for 20 minutes even though they knew what time we were arriving. We had to go to the people next door to call him for him to come. Same problem when we we were trying to get our luggage to leave.

We got bumped to 2 person room instead of 4, so yay! Clean beds, very comfy. Great comic book atmosphere. Definitely nice hostel.

This place was awesome, each room was well decorated with its own movie theme. Bedrooms and bathrooms were clean. Location was great within walking distance to the metro and a lot of shops and restaurants. Would stay here again.

This place is really cool, we felt like in a family....

• 26th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This place is amazing, is a small hostel in good condition with a tiny but really useful kitchen, good tv and ps3 room...it is a good choice for hostel in Rome

• 23rd Oct 2014

I arribes to this guesthouse after warning with an email about my time of arrival And there was no one to open the door, I got lucky from the apartments opened the front door for me and the actual entrance of the guesthouse was open. The office was supposed to be open from 8:00 to 20:30 but the receptionist was often not there at all, the place does not have poor facilities but for this price I have stayed I. Better places in expensive cities as well

• 29th Sep 2014