Community Hostel Reviews

N6-78 Pedro Fermin Cevallos and Olmedo, Quito, Ecuador

More than 6 persons share one bathroom seems a bit .......

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

Met lots of wonderful people from all over while staying here.

Thank you so much to Karla, Obie, Marco, and the rest of the excellent staff for a great stay! The staff here are unbelievably helpful, all spaces are clean, showers are hot, and Marco has built such a great atmosphere. We loved the free walking tour as well.

This is a nice hostel. Beds are super comfy, showers are hot most of the time, breakfasts for $2.50 were excellent, big table upstairs is good for meeting people. On the downer, some security drawers didn't work (you get assigned one under your bed) so your stuff might not be secure, the dinners were pretty bad for $5, the internet is TERRIBLE! But I'd stay here again so all in all its a good place

The hostel is not in the center of where the bars are, but taxis are really inexpensive and easy to find. The showers are cold, really cold. If you don't mind that, then youll be fine. We had the best room in the hostel - the double corner room on the top floor. The view was amazing. The little patio off the third floor also has an incredible view.

Thank you for the review! for our future guests, if the water is cold please let us know so we can fix it, Hot water in Ecuador runs on gas tanks and we can change them immediately, Although we are always checking them, sometimes we make mistakes but they are easily solvable! Thanks for staying with us and we apologize about the cold water!

Wonderful hostel to stay! Great atmosphere and super fun and friendly. Amazing food prepared if you want to join in for meals at great prices! They run events to get everyone involved and gives you a chance to meet people and adventure the city together. When I come back to Quito I will be staying here again for sure.

• 1st Oct 2014

The location is not great - while you're still close to everything touristy, the area shuts down at night and gets a little scary (especially if you're a girl traveling on your own). However, the showers are amazing (hot water AND pressure!), if you pay a little extra you get cheap beers and good food, constant free coffee, and the free walking tour with Ovi is not to be missed! My complaint would be that some members of the staff clearly care more about socializing than doing their jobs.

This hostel is one of the best I have ever been to. Friendly and attentive staff, very clean, delicious meals for a very reasonable price, and just a general atmosphere that makes it easy to meet people and very fun! If you are an extremely light sleeper you might have a problem because you can hear cars honking from the street very early in the morning. Probably would be a problem in any major area of the city. No nightlife in the area but you can take a $3 cab to the main nightlife.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Nice hostel with friendly atmosphere. Had the best shower

Nice hostel with a great atmosphere. Easy to meet other travellers. The street noise is loud in the mornings so don't hope for a sleep in! Only complaint was the toilet bin wasn't emptied for a day and a half. Not nice!

Great friendly hostel,great free walking tours too!

Lovely hostel, great breakfast and communal dinners. Free walking tour from here is also fab!

Affordable accommodation right near in the middle of old town. No locks on doors, but they provide a bunk locker. The bunks are super tall so if you're tipsy and sleeping on top, good luck climbing!

Nice big bathroom, comfy bed, and nice balcony but breakfast is not included, people partying late might keep you up, and neighborhood isn't safe at night. I had a bad experience with the staff, they can be a little rude and standoffish, except for the guy who gives the daily free walking tours which I highly recommend!

Excellent staff, great location for the old town and right by a bus stop for easy access to the rest of the city. The free walking tour is a must. The social areas of the hostel are great which makes it a great place to meet other travellers. Only downside is you need to get to the showee early to make sure you get the hot water. Despite that, one of the best hostels I've stayed at.

I had such a good time at Community hostel that I extended several times and made 2 follow on bookings. The location is great, in the old town, away from the main street so it´s quiter but close enough to walk to the sites . There is a nightly communal dinner that I highly recommend, really helpful and friendly staff and a good mixture of chill out in the day and a little more vibe in the evenings. They also run a great free walking tour and have other events each night. Join the Community!

• 16th Aug 2014

Great hostel with a very nice atmosphere and confident location.

Great hostel, very clean, very spacious, great internet, great bathrooms, great common areas, interesting staff, not close to the night life. Breakfast is cool to be a part of and some of the evening events are nice. I felt the dinners were a little over rated at times, they (the dinners) are however a good opportunity to socialise, meet the staff and other travelers. I enjoyed my time there and overall would recommend staying here. Ladies night on the wednesday at bungalow is a lot of fun!

I got in late at night and they were kind enough to let me wait to check in until the next morning, which I definitely appreciated as all I wanted to do after three days of straight travel was sleep. Also, breakfast was excellent and, while not included, only cost three dollars. I have absolutely no complaints and would definitely stay there again.

• 12th Aug 2014

Helpful staff, walking tour, wed night ladies night!! As the name suggests...the hostel has a great community feel.

• 12th Aug 2014