Compass Backpacker's Hostel Reviews

26 Soi 1 Rachawithi Road Sriphum A. Muang., Chiang Mai, Thailand

Overall it was an acceptable place to stay, but the problem is that the mattress was so hard its like sleeping on wooden boards!

Good value accomodation well located in the old city. Very small lockers and our window didn't lock and could be climbed in (I know because my room mate locked me out whilst I was in the loo and I got back in!)

dear, thank u so much for staying with us in chiangmai. i am so sorry about ur comment of our windows. anyway i haven't heard from u about this when u stayed here. actually all of our windows is ok and can be locked inside but maybe for some foreigners they do not know how to use it like the door lock. thank u for ur review. regards, compass

Good location - although it took or taxi driver ages to find from the airport. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm and there were sheets and blankets provided which was good however the beds were unbearably hard - I barely slept and after 2 nights had bruises on my hips. The ladders up to the top bunks were also really unstable. The showers and toilets were ok and the lady who ran the place was quite helpful.

dear, thank u so much for staying with us in chiangmai. and thank u for ur comment of our hostel and we would try to make it better. regards, compass

Great value for location. They have lockers but they're quite small and you need your own lock. Biggest complaint was that the staff was extremely unhelpful: limited reception hours and often during the day the receptionist was nowhere to be found.

dear, thank u so much for staying with us in chiangmai. very sorry about ur comment of our reception time but we have only one staff can speak english and she works from 9:00am--11:00pm the whole day long. it's over a normal labour time and there's not only customers but other tiny subjects to be solved everyday. sorry for we cannot offer u a 24hr service in our hostel. anyway, thanks a bunch. regards, compass

Simple place that was clean. If you need an early wake up, the daycare next door works perfectly. The place is loud, so any hostel in the area will be able to hear it... So can't knock them for that. Staff was helpful in getting me tours set up!! Pretty clean showers! Clean sheets.

dear, thank u so much for staying with us in chiangmai. thank u for ur comment and we will try to make the hostel better. regards, compass