9.2
Superb 304 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 304 Total Reviews
Compass del Sur Located at Klenner 467, , Puerto Varas.
Chile
Puerto Varas X Region Klenner 467
92% 304
-41.3139505 -72.9854928
    Rooms available

4th Jan 2017

It was such a wonderful stay. Very fast wifi, excellent kitchen, good breakfast. Location is fantastic. I will stay here again if I come back. The people who work at the hostel are very helpful. I spent a lot of time getting tips from Connie who was very helpful in providing information on Chiloe and Puerto Varas.

• USA, Male, 41+
2nd Jan 2017

Great place to stay! Short walk to all the restaurants and downtown Puerto Varas. The owners and the employees all made sure you have a good stay.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
29th Dec 2016

An absolutely amazing hostel. Great facilities, knowledgeable and friendly staff. The rooms were clean and tidy, bathrooms were spacious, hot showers every morning. The included breakfast goes beyond what most places offer. I enjoyed Puerto Varas more because of the great service i received here.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
23rd Dec 2016

Wonderful hostel - great location, staff, and atmosphere. Lots of space to hangout, comfy beds, nice hot showers, and very clean. It's a lovely old house that has been nicely decorated. The best equipped kitchen I have ever come across in a hostel. The staff where so kind and helpful and did a great job of creating a delightful Christmas away from home. Highly recommended.

20th Dec 2016
6.0

I was over charged and upset with the situation. I booked on hostel world and paid a small amount online. Upon arrival they found I was on a different visa, but I'm still a foreigner and I don't pay chilean taxes. However they charged me the 19% tax I should be exempt from and ignored the amount I already paid on hostel world. No other hostel has ever done this and I have confirmed that my visa is exempt from that tax already as I am a foreigner and do not pay taxes ever.

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
19th Dec 2016

A well-located and efficiently-run hostel. Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff. Secure off-street parking.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
16th Dec 2016

Very cozy hostel with wonderful staff, excellent beds, decent breakfast and hot showers. Just three bathrooms, which is a bit poor although I didn't have problems because I got up early. The location is very good, safe place two minutes from the center, perfect! I really enjoyed the nice atmosphere and would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone who is looking for a place to stay in lovely Puerto Varas.

30th Nov 2016

Great hostel. Certainly clean! Breakfast is good and you can get eggs for a nominal fee. Staff friendly and helpful. The only problems I had were problems of luck. I had two inconsiderate businessmen in my room who let their alarms go off all morning, then getting ready for work as loudly as possible at 6am when they arrived and made a ruckus at 2am. I had two days of them and didn't sleep well as a result. Not the hostels fault but I wish they could've encouraged them to get a double.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
30th Oct 2016

Great cozy bnb/hostel nestled on at the bottom of a hill near the centro. We came for a long weekend to just relax near the lake and do some outdoor sports, it was perfect. 2 out of the 3 days it rained and they provided us with rain jackets and a plan to do something in the town over. We had a private bedroom on the 1st flr, our only concern was the communal shower- it had laminate walls and looked like there were layers of mold underneath. We recommend that be improved.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
23rd Oct 2016

This was a great hostel! The atmosphere was great and the facilities were clean. We really enjoyed our stay here and it's only a 5 minute walk into town. Nice and quiet which is exactly what we needed, and the staff were super helpful and friendly. Definitely recommend if you're in Puerto Varas!