Compass del Sur Reviews

Klenner 467, Puerto Varas, Chile

Very clean and relaxing hostal with nice facilities. We rented bikes through the hostel and enjoyed exploring Puerto Varas. Breakfast was toast and coffee and tea. Staff was overall friendly and nice but I wouldn't exactly say warm. Regardless, we had a nice stay and I would recommend this hostel to others.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Answered all our questions and arranged a rental car for us. Great kitchen with ample cooking vessels and tools. The whole hostel was clean. Would definitely stay here again.

Helpful staf that go out of their way to help you plan your stay, find place for you if the hostel is overbooked (which happens often because of the popularity) and is there for a chat about this and that. Good common space though the garden is used mainly for tents. Nice beds and great breakfast with freshly made scrambled eggs and a variety of options (which you have to pay extra for) but the basic breakfast is good enough already.

Really enjoyed my stay here. The dorms were very comfortable and I loved the reading lights by your bed.. The breakfast was good too. Above all the owner and staff were so friendly . The atmosphere was very homely with the owners children playing happily in the lounge.

Great hostel, very clean, comfortable beds and large bathrooms. Highly recommend

We would absolutely stay here again!! We had a great experience and the private bedroom and bathroom exceeded our expectations.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Great location and very helpfull staff. The bathrooms needed some work, but that was not a big deal. The low point was the ambiance - extremely noisy, because walls are very thin and every floorboard creaks.

Very convenient to lake and buses, rooms bright and clean, bathrooms need an upgrade - showers should have doors not curtains since they flood if someone doesn't pull it inside. Downstairs dark, big kitchen but no common spices, etc. Camping is still expensive, and you don't get a key if you do...get hostel bed instead, better bathrooms and better treatment. Staff helpful but one woman came to me while I was actually eating dinner with fork in hand to whisper to me to pay?she's there til 12!

View all Puerto Varas Hostels