Compton Guest House Reviews

65 Compton Road, London, England

The rooms were clean but it was very noisy. Breakfast was good and I asked for hard boiled eggs instead of just toast and the hostess made me some! Very nice

• 18th Oct 2014

This is a fantastic hostel - my ratings aren't high as its just a house with rooms and a dining room - very simple and not a place to meet people and have fun but great value for money in a cool area of london easy to get to centre and one of the few places in London besides hotels you'll get an actual bed, not a bunkbed!

I had a great stay at this Guest House and I had a very friendly welcome from Misun Lee. Misun will do anything to make her guests happy and is a bit like a second mother to all the guests.

• 10th Oct 2014

Very friendly staff, nice building, clean, though no common room/space to chill out.

• 26th Sep 2014

Wimbledon is a bit away from attractions but simply to get there (17 minutes from Waterloo station but zone 3) . I am so happy with the staffs. I recommend this guest house for you. You never forget!

A bit of a unconventional hostel compared to the more professionally run ones in London; very quiet location in Wimbledon, very friendly staff.

A bit inconvenient that the toilet and showers were on a different floor. The interrogation on arrival was quite shocking. Good breakfast

Arriving an hour after earliest check in, I found reception unmanned. Calling the mobile number given, the line was so bad I understood nothing and ended up wandering around the town with my luggage. An hour or two later I found another resident had been tasked to let us in. The place was fairly clean, quiet and comfortable, but how things worked and what was available was unclear: no signs, no information, no key until after my second night. Impression: well intentioned but badly organised!

Dear Tony Thank you for comment for Compton Guest House. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. We know you cancelled few books. We could offer you one night free to stay if you want because you lost deposit. Also we will make sure better organise for all customers. We look forward to hearing from you. Ms. M Lee Compton Guest House

View all London Bed and Breakfasts