Comrade Hostel Reviews

Maroseyka street 11, 3rd floor, Moscow, Russia

It was a bit quiet when we went so the atmosphere was average, though I can't blame the hostel for that. Facilities were excellent but would be good if the kitchen had a toaster. You won't find a better location either.

Great location, minutes walk from Red Square. stairway looks bad, but once you enter the hostel it is really nice and modern. Atmosphere was so-so, we didn't really get the chance to meet people, even though they have very nice common area. Showers were not the cleanest (because they're cleaned once a day and some guests made quite a mess) and in one of the bathrooms there was no cold water. Other than that, our stay was pleasant, staff is really nice and polite and I would come back again!

I´m very satisfied with my stay in this hostel.Everything was fine and the staff was friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay there again.The locations is great, just near to metro station.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Latvia

My stay at Comrade was pretty good. I didn't have any problem there. The location is perfect for tourists, just a little walk to red square, and the metro is 5 minutes away. The bathroom and the kitchen were always clean. The only 'problem' was a construction in front of that worked all day long and this bothered a little bit. Just in time, it isn't hard to find the hostel, just pay attention that 'second on the left' is something like a gate and not a street I would stay there in a 2nd time

• 23rd Jul 2014

Excellent location, very friendly English speaking staff, and quite cheap. Not very clean though.

Nice hostel with excellent bathrooms, lockers and communal spaces. Very friendly with friendly staff. Lacking in atmosphere there, not a place to go to meet people or party as many of the guests are locals staying there for extended periods.

This is the place to stay in Moscow! Location is perfect! 5 -10 minute walk straight from Red Square! Follow their directions exactly and it is not too hard to find - after McDonald's go through the second archway (it looks like a carpark/courtyard) and walk to left. Stairway is daunting at first but it is in process of being painted! Hostel is very modern. Beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept in in a hostel! Bathrooms are modern and clean. Staff are helpful. I'll be back hopefully!

it was little hard to find but it is located in a conveneint place, actually there were supermarket and a number of restaurants near there and close from metro station

Conveniently located to metro and walking distance to Red Square, etc. Full kitchen, good wifi plus a computer to use, in old building (walk up 3 flights) but very modern inside. We had a large comfortable private room (not ensuite but there are 4 nice full toilet/shower rooms). They let us store our bag overnight. The only drawback if you have a street window is the cars that race during the wee hours. Staff had limited English but enough to get by.

Great location within walking distance to the kremlin, red square. close to the underground and to some cafés. Even though we can get to the hostel following the instructions on hostelworld, if we lose that map it's extremely difficult to find it - the sign on the door is an A4 paper (as many of the hostels nearby!). You can get your visa registration at any time (500 Rub for that). The rooms with the bunk beds are not that spacious. the power went off during >12hours, which was not cool!

Location excellent. Hostel is modern

A great hostel that I've been visiting for a few years now. I come from 'the village' to the big city and often use this place just as somewhere to get my head down. Clean, comfortable dorms, with new and comfy beds. Large kitchen for you to use if you wish and a small living room area. Great location in the centre, within walking distance to the main sights. Definitely worth a visit.

Great locatioh,helpful staff. It's on 5th floor not 3rd though, so get ready to climb :). I have a great time there

We would like to make a special mention of the staff member named Olga. She was fantastic! She spent (literally) hours of time researching how to get places and making little notes in Russian that we could hand to other people like taxi drivers and hotels. In one case she stayed past her knock off time to help us. We weren't demanding or being pushy, she did this all by her own decision and I really hope she is recognised for this. Tell her about this review if you meet her!

Very good but hard to find

• 28th Feb 2014