8.8
Fabulous 474 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 474 Total Reviews
Comrade Hostel Located at Maroseyka street 11, 3rd floor, Moscow.
Russia

• hayles_01
  • England, Couple, 25-30
17th Apr 2016
6.3

Can't be beaten on location, clean bathroom and kitchen area. Lots of long-termers staying here which affected the atmosphere of the hostel. There was also a guy that didn't appear to be paying to stay and would sleep in random free beds without putting bedding on. Pretty gross. Hostel bunks were uncomfortable but spacious. Staff were friendly but not outgoing enough for a place that advertises itself as a hostel. Shame really as this place has the potential to be quite epic.

Hi! I am really sorry to read this review, and to find out we have failed to make your time in Moscow just perfect. Thank you for noting the cleanliness of our hostel, we work hard on it, reading all the guests feedback. There was a renovating of one of our dorm rooms during your stay, and the common zones were a little messy. Sorry for the inconvenience. Yet I have checked and double checked, and we have no long-termers in the hostel, and there were none during your stay. All the guests of the hostel had check-in or checked-out in those days, plus or minus a couple of days. We will take more efforts in controlling the guests-not-putting-bed-linen on, as it is gross, we totally agree. Thank you for spotlighting this issue. Thanks to all the guests feedback, we have already ordered new mattresses to the bunk beds, it just takes a while such amount of them to be manufactured and shipped. Again, we are very sorry your stay with us wasn't good enough. We read all the reviews, and work hard to get better. Sincerely, Svetlana, the hostel owner

4th Apr 2016

This was honestly one of the greatest hostels I've stayed in (I've stayed in a lot) so many bathrooms (all super clean and well looked after), nice common areas, good wifi- the only improvements would be better curtains to block out light in the morning and a few more English speaking staff to help out with recommendations of what to do around the city when checking in. Thanks guys, I hope to come back sooooon x

• remikado
  • France, Couple, 31-40
12th Mar 2016
8.0

The quality of the bed was really bad. Otherwise it's a clean place, well located

• youngchikn7147
  • USA, Female, 31-40
20th Feb 2016

There are only 5 bathrooms (all had showers) for the whole place, and they are away from the bedroom areas. But it was never a problem finding an available bathroom. They are large, private and all bathrooms included hand soap, extra toliet paper and blow dryers. The kitchen was great but the refrigerator was a little chaotic. The staff spoke great English and was very accommodating. It was a very comfortable stay!

• jockmeckendle8389
  • Australia, Couple, 25-30
10th Jan 2016

comfortable place, My partner and I enjoyed my time there. Would visit again.

• DmitryPostnikov
  • Russia, Male, 25-30
2nd Jan 2016
6.3

It was my second stay at the property(the previous one was in August, 2013). The first stay was okay,but the last one was somewhat disappointing.First of all - security.During my last night at the hostel a couple of strange men were let to sleep on sofa in public area and in the morning they were let to the sleeping room. In the room they (fully clothed) laid down to sleep on the unoccupied beds.Gross.Second - the cleanliness.Bathrooms were clean enough,but other public areas and rooms were not.

31st Dec 2015

Great location, helpful staff and a great hostel overall !

• Hong Kong, Male, 25-30
10th Nov 2015

There is a comfortable common room that I made many friends there. The bathroom and room are clean and tidy. The staff are very helpful, for example, I left some souvenirs there and the staff mailed back to me. I will definitively recommend this hostel to any of my friends who are going to come to Moscow!

5th Nov 2015

Lovely staff, a good location and brilliant facilities. I could ask for nothing more.

• rajbandari1208
  • India, Male, 25-30
4th Nov 2015

Place was warm and accommodating with all the required for a backpacker. Receptionist was super helpful. All in all a good stay.