Comrade Hostel Reviews

Maroseyka street 11, 3rd floor, Moscow, Russia

Fantastic and very good value hostel right in the heart of moscow. Staff spoke excellent English and we're extremely helpful and hostel was extremely clean with plentiful and excelled bathroom facilities. In December 2014 most other guests in our room were Russians working in the city as opposed to fellow travellers.

This hostel boards many Russian males who stay there long term. They allow drinking. Alcohol was present every day I stayed there! I felt unsafe in this hostel. I got no sleep at all because of the drunks in my room.Staff are aloof to what is going on.They didn't address any of my concerns. Single females are especially discouraged from staying there. The atmosphere was not of a hostel but rather of a boarding house.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Russia

Really great hostel! Plenty of showers for everyone. Friendly staff and probably the best location in Moscow. Definitely recommend.

Very central location, easy walk to the main sights. Staff was super friendly. Common room has a good atmosphere for talking to people, but some nights it was hard falling asleep due to the noise, even as late as 3am (rooms just lacked good sound isolation). Many locals in the hostel, some looked like long-term residents. It has several large bathrooms which were really convenient. All in all, I wouldn't rule out going to Comrade Hostel again!

• 12th Sep 2014

Just a few minutes away from the subway station, close to a lot of cafes and restaurants. The Red Square( Kremlin, Saint Basil's Cathedral) are 15 minutes away. Lobed the place, the staff was super friendly and the facilities are great ( full kitchen with good appliances, washing machine, clean and nice showers). I just think that the 8 bed dorm should have 6 people instead. Be careful when you first get there! You must go inside of a courtyard, and the hostel sign is sheet of paper.

Very nice location and hostel was really clean.

It was a bit quiet when we went so the atmosphere was average, though I can't blame the hostel for that. Facilities were excellent but would be good if the kitchen had a toaster. You won't find a better location either.

Great location, minutes walk from Red Square. stairway looks bad, but once you enter the hostel it is really nice and modern. Atmosphere was so-so, we didn't really get the chance to meet people, even though they have very nice common area. Showers were not the cleanest (because they're cleaned once a day and some guests made quite a mess) and in one of the bathrooms there was no cold water. Other than that, our stay was pleasant, staff is really nice and polite and I would come back again!