7.8
Very Good 474 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 474 Total Reviews
Connemara National Park Hostel - Letterfrack Lodge Located at Letterfrack, Co. Galway, Connemara.
Ireland
Connemara Letterfrack, Co. Galway
78% 474
53.5538981 -9.9489354
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
22nd Nov 2016

Really lovely hostel right next to the Connemara National Park. I showed up and they were slow due to the time of year, so instead of putting me in the dorm room I had booked, they were nice enough to let me stay in one of their lodge rooms which was a REALLY nice treat seeing as I've been hosteling around for a while now. The only thing was, the staff that I met seemed like they were all new with very little training. And the breakfast was a bit overpriced. But overall a LOVELY place. 10/10

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
28th Oct 2016

Fun staff, beautiful location, great stop if you're looking to do some hiking

• USA, Mixed Group, 41+
21st Sep 2016

This place is amazing. Our bathroom was beautiful with a rain shower head, consistent water temperature and beautiful stone. There is a retardant in the lodge. You can walk to a great grocery store and the park. This was our favorite hostel. We liked it so much we decided to take a vacation from our vacation and spend two nights here! We called it our vacation vacation.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
7th Sep 2016

My husband and I had a private room which was nice and comfortable. It was close to the front desk so there was some noise. The staff were pleasant and the food and restaurant atmosphere was delightful. Easy walking distance to the local pubs and grocery store.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
20th Aug 2016
5.7

The staff was excellent and so friendly, and the food in the restaurant was amazing! When we passed by the private rooms, they looked really nice. However, we stayed in the mixed dorm. The bathrooms were atrocious, filled with spiders and mysterious stains and awful smells. The beds were uncomfortable, the room smelled muggy and awful, and in the morning I noticed and enormous mold patch conveniently hidden by my bunk bed. If you stay, get a private room then I think it would be great!

17th Aug 2016

Letterfrack Lodge surprised me in the best way. Very sweet and trusting staff, super comfortable hang out area, gorgeous bedrooms, and the perfect location for exploring Connemara. I met some really fantastic travelers here that were just like me: looking to enjoy nature during the day and relax and talk at night. Two nights in a row I sat in the common area just chatting with the wonderful people that were staying there. My only gripe was no real storage for the luggage. Definitely recommend.

• ilyalisser7507
  • Netherlands, Male, 25-30
9th Aug 2016
7.7

Great staff and location (right across the national park!). However the front door to dormroombuilding was always unlocked without any kind of available security(as a reception). Wifi was very bad.

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
9th Aug 2016
5.1

The lodge seemed ok, but the hostel dorm was a small room with 4 bunks wedged into it. No lockers or power outlets. One shower for everyone.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
8th Aug 2016
6.3

No breakfast, too expensive for what it is

• Belgium, Couple, 25-30
3rd Aug 2016
5.4

The hostel is totally not what it looks like in the pictures. We were in a sort of annex building to the main building and it looked like they were only paying attention to the main building/B&B. Our room was dirty and messy. We even found a used underpants in a corner of the room. (Where at that moment nobody was sleeping...) Overall we've been in Ireland for about 2,5 weeks and we've spend less money for a better/more tidy room with breakfast.