Connemara National Park Hostel - Letterfrack Lodge Reviews

Letterfrack, Co. Galway, Connemara, Ireland

Lovely big room and great to be able to check in early.

The hostel is in close proximity to the park. It is very clean and comfortable.

• 1st Jul 2014

We were blocked in the bathroom... 2 times... The bedroom was dirty, some dirty tissues in it... The bathroom was dirty to. Some enormous dirty bins just next to our door, and just next to our window (groundfloor)... NO CURTAINS IN THE BEDROOM. Good morning... The worst hotel ever.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Irresponsible staff - I have called the guy and let him know, that I will be late - at midnight or later - his reply was: No problem, just when you arrive call the same number. When I was at the place I called and the phone was off, so I was left with no place to stay for a night.

First of all I found the staff absolutely lovely, the lady at reception had that disarming Galway charm and was full of great advice for us. Our room was clean and comfortable, we had a lovely kitchen to cook in and the hostel was an excellent base for exploring

• 14th May 2014

Loved this place! I spent 4 nights and was sad to leave. The nature is stunning aswell. Highly recommend, and will definitely come back. :-)

This hostel had a very "homey" feeling. The people were fantastic, the facilities were great, and I can't complain about not having a free breakfast when the grocery store was just down the street to get my own goods or having the option of having fabulous food in the restaurant below! It is also a very convenient distance to all the local attractions (I walked to all of them). Will definitely be coming back!

Pros: Good restaurant on the ground floor. The best food we had during our trip! Friendly athmosphere. Useful tips where to go and what to do in the area. Cons: The restaurant is the local party place -> very loud music until late night (until 1-2 am), so we couldn't sleep. Negligent and unhelpful staff (we paid but didn't get a receipt, they didn't allow us to print our boarding pass!). Bed linen was dirty! Not only ours, other guests complained too. Tip: eat there and sleep elsewhere.

Staff were lovely and helpful and happy to have a conversation with you. Little things like that make a huge difference. Also thanks to Mike for the walk suggestion, it was a challenge and the scenery was spectacular. Again, suggestions by someone who has intimate local environmental knowledge is a bonus.

Simply amazing!!! Great place, perfectly situated in a charming village. Hiking paths start right in front of your door. Pubs, supermarket, restaurants... 2min walk. The facilities are spacious and confortable. Huge kitchen very well equipped. Breakfast included and rather flexible on the hours so that you can still get some juice and a toast if you slept too long... Mike, the owner and his wife are very friendly and helpful and will ensure you get the best out of your Connemara experience!

We came while renovations were being done on the lodge, but even the renovations did not inconvenience us in any way. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The location is so convenient - the pubs and stores as well as trails are all extremely close to the lodge.

• 12th Mar 2014