Containers Hostel Reviews

97 Ocean Drive, Ocean Terminal, Edinburgh, Scotland

Only one thing! The fridges are always fool.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Portugal

Ok. Staffs flirts with you. Mall next door has better wifi than hostel. Pretty much 0 security.

I quite like the novelty of the containers, and it makes it feel like camping, so it's a lil different to your typical hostel. Facilities are very basic, which I'd expected for the low price. Security isn't great as there are no locks on room doors, but at least the owner was nice and let me store my laptop in reception. Didn't like that there are no private changing areas in the bathroom. Hostel is a bit far from city centre too, but Leith is an OK area. Social atmosphere is good though.

I spent a weekend in Edinburgh with a couple of friends. We hadn't checked the photos of the place (our mistake) and we couldn't find it because it wasn't what we were expecting. But in the end, we liked our stay there, the personal was very nice to us. The atmosphere was relaxing in the common places. The room was clean and with enough space. Toilets were not wonderful, but it was okay. The only bad thing was that it was quite far (around 40 minutes) from the Old part of Edinburgh.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Spain

It's good for the price but if you're looking for fancy and perfectly clean this is not for you. The people who run this place have obviously thought carefully about the placement of the containers because people partied through the night but the sleeping containers were far enough away that the noise wasn't a disturbance. More signage to help find the place would be helpful. I slept badly because someone kept putting the lights on late at night, but this has to happen in a dorm, yes?

Hands down the best hostel I've stayed at and I think the best I will stay at! Great staff, great value for money and no complaints. Close to the Royal Yacht Britannia and only 10 mins by the 22 bus into town. Great social atmosphere and great for solo backpackers. 11/10 would stay again! Cheers for a good time lads!

Very much a bare bones accommodation. Far from city center but easily accessible by bus. The wifi did not work at all in the dorms or in the common area so I had to go to ocean terminal to use the wifi there. There are no lockers or locks on the doors to the dorms or even to the main entry way to the hostel so all your stuff is exposed for anyone to come take. Staff is very friendly and easy to talk to and at night everyone gets together to socialize while drinking.

Hi there, In response to some of the issues you raised. The wifi signal does not reach most of the dorms however you can get signal in the common area if you sit near a door or window (the signal cannot penetrate the container wall). The best signal is found at the outside social area, you will of been told this on your welcome tour along with the lockers we have for hire in the kitchen. There must of been a miscommunication sorry. We hope to see you again one day! Nick

Excellent hostel to make friends and chill. There is a big store close to it so it's cheap to eat and drink. Also it's really cool to stay in containers.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Awesome idea for a hostel! It's got the vibe of a friendly little shanty town where everyone just gets along! I arrived at about midnight, and everyone was hanging around in the common areas between the containers, drinking beer and making friends. Facilaties are fine, can't expect too much for the price you pay! The staff were super friendly and helpful with everything! Great hostel!

Great place to chill and enjoy the BBQ very much!!

Very chill atmosphere! Thanks!

this was a really cool hostel, really comfy beds. I only stayed one night and was absolutely exhausted so I didn't really socialise but the vibe was really cool. no lockers of locks on the containers but it feels pretty safe. the only downside is that it's so far from central Edinburgh, it's easy enough to catch a bus but part of the charm of this city is staying right in the old town

Hi, We're glad you enjoyed your stay! We do actually have a number of personal lockers sorry maybe they weren't pointed out to you. We hope to see you again one day!

Great place for solo backpackers it's really easy to meet people here. Also the idea of the containers is really great at first I was a bit nervous about it but they're very clean and a really unique idea. Highly recommend coming here plus the staff isn't that bad looking either ;)

It has been my BEST hostel experience ever! Great atmosphere and the staff are very friendly.. Containers are not only environmentally friendly, but also really comfortable..

• 26th Jun 2015

This is a real hostel, with good, nice staff. I have i enjoyed it. Secure and clean top 5 star place! Congratulation and go on Bryn and Nick! Hope to see you soon!