Containers Hostels Reviews

98 Ocean Drive, Ocean Terminal, Edinburgh, Scotland

Great affordable accommodation in Edinburgh around fringe! Beds were comfy and fairly spacious- the containers didn't get too hot and stayed dark so both mornings I was able to get a decent lye in. Good shower facilities, and the staff went out their way to make sure everyone in the party's needs were catered for! Most evenings they ran a BBQ, usually around £6 for all you can eat which I certainly made my moneys worth from!

• 2nd Sep 2014

The Hostel was great, great idea using the containers! The staff were so helpful and friendly from the minute I got there! I had a great time and met loads of new people, it's a great place to meet and socialise with people. There was loads going on, I felt safe and the beds were comfy. Recommend!!

• Wales

The best part of this hostel is how easy it is to meet people, I had a great night in with everyone! This place isn't for all but for solo travellers, those looking for a good time or something different this is perfect. Don't expect the Hilton but do expect one amazing experience!

Great guys, made the night very entertaining! A little messy but nothing too concerning. Wish they had one of these in London

• 2nd Sep 2014

I booked this hostel on a tight budget but I have to say it surpassed all expectations. Its not the cleanest hostel i've ever stayed in but a comfy bed, unique concept, unbelievably welcoming and accommodating staff and one of the best hostel atmospheres I've ever experienced and that that slight shortcoming was peripheral. If you're looking for somewhere that is excellent value for money (and fun!) then I can highly recommend this unique blend of camping and hostel living.

I was attracted to this hostel because of how unique it sounded and had seen an article in The Times about it. I was not disappointed. The atmosphere is innate in the setting, the well fitted out containers surround a large outside communal area where parties and bbqs happen most night. This relaxed traveller-oriented atmosphere is further reinforced by the excellent staff who behaved as concierges, djs, hotel managers, and friends to the guests. I will be seeking out CONTAINERS again.

• 2nd Sep 2014

An amazing experience. Great friendly staff and a good location. Value for money was excellent.

• Afghanistan

I was only at Containers for 1 evening

• 31st Aug 2014

I had the best time here, great people, great staff, great hostel!

• 30th Aug 2014

nice vegetarian reception-guy :-)