Coogee Beach House

Fabulous 345 Total Reviews
Fabulous 345 Total Reviews

19th Mar 2017
3.4

Even if staff quickly replied to my email about a late check in, I must say this is probably the worse backpacker I have stayed at - and probably the most expensive (more expensive than Japan, Switzerland, Paris or New Zealand), which to me does not make sense at all! Smelly, very average cleanliness, no charm at all. Could be a cheap backpacker in South East Asia - but price in this case would be way way cheaper! Only positive thing is location, but is that worth the price? Clearly NO.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
12th Mar 2017

All around the staff was kind and helpful, rooms and bathrooms cleaned. The beds fully made, sheets not just folded at the end and towels there. Pam was especially helpful, I'm super grateful for her patience and understanding with me. She was gracious and kind. Also the hostel is super close to everything, the beach, the Pavilion which is amazing and then a walk to the main street. Will definitely return. THANK YOU PAM AGAIN! You gem you.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
26th Feb 2017

Owner's a lad, runs a great hostel and will give you a hand with stuff he doesn't have to be doing.

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Feb 2017
8.0

A friend and I initially had trouble booking this hostel, and had thought we had booked beds in two separate share rooms, however when we arrived we were upgraded to our own private room for no extra cost. The staff was very friendly and helped us a lot in finding our way around!

23rd Dec 2016

Free welcome mango! 'Nuff said

• victorialvernon452
  • England, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
23rd Dec 2016
5.1

The location is fantastic but the staff are really grumpy and unapproachable and the lockers in the room are no good and some are broke, apart from the location it's not worth it.

• England, Male, 41+
6th Dec 2016

A comfortable stay was had. Backpacker hostel . Double room . Clean and spacious. Hanging rail and open planed units for clothes etc. Shared bathroom facilities. Basic and clean.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
21st Oct 2016
5.7

We arrived at 11pm, later than we expected, but had to wait 20 min outside in the dark until we could be let in. Tried ringing both of the outside office hours numbers listed, and no one picked up. I tried buzzing numerous times, and once again not one person opened the door, I had to come in following a hostel guest who gave us our room key which was sitting idly on the front table. We were barged in on to make payment at 6pm the next day while we were resting. Completely disorganised

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
17th Oct 2016

Enjoyed staying here overall. The location couldn't really be any better; 2 min walk to the beautiful beach, and shops all around. The hostel is on the smaller side, and doesn't allow alcohol, which I actually liked because I had just spent 6 weeks in a party hostel. The one downfall was that you have to pay for wifi, so that sucks. I went to the McDonalds close by but they don't have outlets and my computer died. Not too big of a deal though!