Coogee Beach House

Fabulous 350 Total Reviews
Fabulous 350 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 41+
27th Mar 2017

I paid the extra for a plain but comfortable single room. Friendly atmosphere. I had a key to my room, so security good there, but the front door was propped open during the day with often no-one at the desk, so security not too good in that sense. No soap or way to dry hands in groundfloor toilet. I was shocked at having to pay $4 an hour for WiFi - other hostels and motels I used on my trip offered this free. $4 for washing machine also too expensive.

27th Mar 2017

One of the better hostels I have stayed in, in Coogee. Seems to have a lot of long term stayers.

• USA, Male, 25-30
26th Mar 2017
5.4

I booked on Saturday night with a flight to Sydney on Sunday. Sadly cyclone Debbie had other plans and all flights out of Hamilton island were Canceled that Sunday. Less than 18 hours after booking I let coogee beach know I was stuck due to the cyclone. I asked them to hold off on charging my reservation until I could get there. They said because it was the same day they had to charge me for the one night. Adding insult to injury. Profiting off natural disasters. Bad business practice.

19th Mar 2017
3.4

Even if staff quickly replied to my email about a late check in, I must say this is probably the worse backpacker I have stayed at - and probably the most expensive (more expensive than Japan, Switzerland, Paris or New Zealand), which to me does not make sense at all! Smelly, very average cleanliness, no charm at all. Could be a cheap backpacker in South East Asia - but price in this case would be way way cheaper! Only positive thing is location, but is that worth the price? Clearly NO.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
12th Mar 2017

All around the staff was kind and helpful, rooms and bathrooms cleaned. The beds fully made, sheets not just folded at the end and towels there. Pam was especially helpful, I'm super grateful for her patience and understanding with me. She was gracious and kind. Also the hostel is super close to everything, the beach, the Pavilion which is amazing and then a walk to the main street. Will definitely return. THANK YOU PAM AGAIN! You gem you.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
26th Feb 2017

Owner's a lad, runs a great hostel and will give you a hand with stuff he doesn't have to be doing.

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Feb 2017
8.0

A friend and I initially had trouble booking this hostel, and had thought we had booked beds in two separate share rooms, however when we arrived we were upgraded to our own private room for no extra cost. The staff was very friendly and helped us a lot in finding our way around!

23rd Dec 2016

Free welcome mango! 'Nuff said

• victorialvernon452
  • England, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
23rd Dec 2016
5.1

The location is fantastic but the staff are really grumpy and unapproachable and the lockers in the room are no good and some are broke, apart from the location it's not worth it.

• England, Male, 41+
6th Dec 2016

A comfortable stay was had. Backpacker hostel . Double room . Clean and spacious. Hanging rail and open planed units for clothes etc. Shared bathroom facilities. Basic and clean.