Coogee Beach House

Fabulous 361 Total Reviews

• Amundeep
  • England, Male, 18-24
17th Jul 2017

The stuff were really helpful and being an abroad student at UNSW I felt very welcome!

• India, Male, 31-40
9th Jul 2017

GOOD HOSTEL, AT REASONABLE PRICE.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
4th Jul 2017

The hostel is perfectly located with great staff and a clean feel. I was made to feel very welcome and staff were always available to assist with any concerns or issues.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
3rd Jul 2017

It was a good location, clean facilities, but kinda overpriced for what you get. The staff is VERY sweet and friendly, if you need anything ask; wifi is not free(leave a good review tho! they'll give u a 2 GB wifi free) but there is free street parking up the road -- very easy to find.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
28th May 2017

Great location!

• kateerowe6117
  • Australia, Female, 31-40
7th May 2017
6.6

Just a bed in a rather poorly furnished building. Room doors were left unlocked and front door not locked until the night. Kitchen is a little nasty, not very well stocked with utensils and limited fridge space. Couches falling apart and not a lot of positive chill vibes. A lot of people stay long term and work in the day so smelly work boots left in the hallways. No soap in bathrooms

• Australia, Female, 41+
27th Mar 2017

I paid the extra for a plain but comfortable single room. Friendly atmosphere. I had a key to my room, so security good there, but the front door was propped open during the day with often no-one at the desk, so security not too good in that sense. No soap or way to dry hands in groundfloor toilet. I was shocked at having to pay $4 an hour for WiFi - other hostels and motels I used on my trip offered this free. $4 for washing machine also too expensive.

27th Mar 2017

One of the better hostels I have stayed in, in Coogee. Seems to have a lot of long term stayers.

• USA, Male, 25-30
26th Mar 2017
5.4

I booked on Saturday night with a flight to Sydney on Sunday. Sadly cyclone Debbie had other plans and all flights out of Hamilton island were Canceled that Sunday. Less than 18 hours after booking I let coogee beach know I was stuck due to the cyclone. I asked them to hold off on charging my reservation until I could get there. They said because it was the same day they had to charge me for the one night. Adding insult to injury. Profiting off natural disasters. Bad business practice.

19th Mar 2017
3.4

Even if staff quickly replied to my email about a late check in, I must say this is probably the worse backpacker I have stayed at - and probably the most expensive (more expensive than Japan, Switzerland, Paris or New Zealand), which to me does not make sense at all! Smelly, very average cleanliness, no charm at all. Could be a cheap backpacker in South East Asia - but price in this case would be way way cheaper! Only positive thing is location, but is that worth the price? Clearly NO.