Cool Hostel Reviews

44 La Rambla 2nd Floor, Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain

I stayed one night and it was okay. Location is good but during the night we had balcony's door open so it was loud but I used earplugs. I think it's good value for your money! I could stay there again!

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Finland

Staff is very cool. The location is just perfect, on the main street of Barcelona. Extremly cheap and good conditions, I would definetely return. It was an awesome stay with cozy atmosphere!

very good

Walked up and down the street for 20mins looking for a sign for hostel- there was none. Felt uncomfortable being a solo female traveller, no lock on door, given no key, no lockers, staff unhelpful. *** I walked into 'reception' and asked if it was legit*** Would never stay again due to safety

It's perfect for a night&go but no chill out in it

• 27th Aug 2014

This hotel is very dirty and foul, even being much well localized not worth it Este hostel é muito sujo e fedorento, mesmo sendo muito bem localizado não vale a pena.

The showers and toilets were not clean. Especially the small shower. It was really yellow on the sides, and there were a lot of hairs everywhere. Especially this big piece of black hair knotted into each other, made me want to puke every time I looked at it. The address should be easy to find because it's right at La Rambla. But the front door looks very scary. When you look into the window of the door, you see this dirty, old stairs. I didn't think this would be the hostel, so I walked around

• 25th Aug 2014

I had no issues while staying at Cool Hostel. Though it was just one floor and had no real common area to hang out in, it somehow still felt cozy. The receptionist from Czech Republic (I'm sorry I never asked her name!) was really friendly and genuine. She was a hard worker. I would recommend lockers for each guest, even small ones. The kitchen had everything you would need. Las Ramblas was loud at night but with the fan on I couldn't really hear it. The location was absolutely perfect!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

I recommend

Every one at cool hostel was really chilled and helpful! Had no issues at all!! Best spot on the rambla aswell!!!! :)

• 29th Jul 2014

To be my first european hostel, i was a little disappointed. the guy who check me in wasn't helpful at all and couldn't even tell me where was the closest tourist information office. the girl who was during the evening on the other hand was really nice. i only stayed for two days and one of those days the only shower that they had was broken. the room was ok. don't think i'll stay there again

It is not the cleanest, but the location is on top!!!! if you are looking to stay for a long time, its maybe not the best decision, but for a weekend trip or a couple of days it perfect. the location makes it perfect.

One of the staff member was very helpful and kind it was a pleasure to do business with her. The hostel is dirty and heated, the noise at night makes it impossible to sleep, however this I concede is in part due to being located in a busy street. The host could be a little/ a lot more accomodating to his guests. When I had an issue with my credit cards they were asking me about the cost of a phone call, fairly pathetic. Plumbing was an ongoing issue needs to be introduced.

Good location, but staff was rude when I told them the AC didn't work. The hostel was dirty and the shower was nasty.

This is not an hostel. It is just a flat with shared dorms. No common areas unless the table for lunching which is always occupied by the receptionist.you have to share the lockers and the ask the staff to open it. If you want to rest one night you can't, no aircon just a little fan, it is so hot. Noisy and hard to find

Great location. Nice staff and everything you need from a cheap hostel.

• 13th Jul 2014

The location of this hostel alone makes it worth every penny. Want to walk to most of the major attractions? Well then look no farther. The staff were extremely helpful. The dorms and kitchen were adequate.

the hostel is a bit hard to find but it is located right on las ramblas so that's extremely convenient. just keep in mind that if you're planning to stay in at night, the noise coming from the streets is never ending. so don't leave your ear plugs at home if you have a hard time sleeping. there a no room keys nor lockers, so that could be a problem for some. seemed like there was a good atmosphere going on, but i didn't stay long enough to prove it. overall, decent value for money.

Wouldnt have stayed there for more than one night

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Azerbaijan

very old and small hostel, with only 2 bathrooms and 2 toilets for the whole place. It is located right on Rambla, horrible mistake I've made by booking it because you just cannot sleep at night due to the noise. Also since it is a little far from placa catalunya, walking early in the morning or late at night is very sketchy, so be careful. The only good thing about the hostel is the girls working there - amazing staff. Otherwise, would not recommend it.