Cool & Bed Reviews

32 quai Arloing, Lyon, France

Given that this is the only hostel in Lyon visitors are not exactly innondated with options. The hostel is clean, well-located and inexpensive but the atmosphere is hugely lacking compared to a lot of others we have stayed in and apart from the member of staff working in the mornings we found the staff to be unfriendly and unhelpful.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Great welcome, I checked in speaking french and those present proceeded to say all the canadian french words they knew which was hilarious and awesome! Lots of fun and jokes with the staff. Had a good time meeting people at the bar at night. The bar area had one of the best hostel WiFis I've used. Downside is a bit of a walk from the metro station. So learn the bus route beforehand to save some time. Right atmosphere for me, not a crazy loud party place yet nice hangout place at the bar

I had the best time at Cool

I really liked this hostel. Location is decent, but hey, is basically the only hostel in Lyon. The staff is was great, the guy who received us was quite friendly, helpful and energetic, and Juli is just a sweetheart. Most facilities are included, they can even lend you the lock, towels are rented for 0,5 and 1€. Rooms were clean, very nice bathrooms (though toilet paper missed twice during my stay, no biggie). Big win for this place: the bar and burgers are great and very cheap! Nice option.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Venezuela

Great hostel! Wonderful staff,. Loved the beds and the people who stayed at the hostel. Also the kitchen was well stocked and the breakfast was an amazing way to start the morning. It isn't a big hostel, but the management knows what they are doing and they do it well.

It's really a comfortable place, except that far located outside downtown, but the staffs, especially Matthew, are so kind that I was glad. I bet that Cool and Bed will be a good for the travelers to walk around Lyon.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

대체적으로 괜찮은 호스텔입니다. 방도 넓고, 사물함잇고, 짐도 맡아주고, 친절하구요. 위치는 좀 안쪽인데, 말라가자체가 작아서 그렇게 차이 안나요^^

Bright atmosphere clear Warm people

• 7th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Only if I was stuck for a place to stay would I return - The staff were happy to help and the food counter is good to have onsite as not much available in the surrounding areas to choose from. The rooms were fine and I slept good.

Although the common room is large, there was no atmosphere. Showers and toilets were excellent; very large, modern and incredibly clean. The hostel is a walkable distance from the town centre. Breakfast was poor, we only had cereal. Also, the door to your room has no lock which makes it not very secure.

Fantastic hostel with a relaxed atmosphere and modern facilities, free parking a 2 minute walk away was a bonus for me, but the location is central enough for anyone using public transport. The owner Matt is full of energy, mingles with the guests, and cooks the best burgers I've ever had. Highly recommended.

Excellent place to stay at

nice but only problem , locking is not good . the room is without lock. not safe

Excellent atmosphere, friendly staff. The hostel was much further away from the train station than I expected. But it was a 20 minute walk from the Old Town, which is pretty much all there is to see in Lyon.

This is a great place to stay. There are no locks on the bedroom doors but lockers and padlocks were provided for valuables, so it wasn't a problem. The atmosphere was very relxaxed, not too quiet and not too noisy. This is a great place to meet new people and make friends. I would seriously recommend it.

• 19th Jun 2014

The hostel was great, good location and the staff were super friendly and helpful and even after checking out they still let us use the showers and kitchen. Really clean and with great showers, would definitely recommend

It was a lovely hostel. The people working there were extremely friendly

Best hostel I've been to in a while. The staff Mathieu and Pierre are insanely friendly, funny, and adorable and contribute to the great atmosphere. The common area is great for meeting people. The rooms are well designed with individual lockers, lights, and plugs. The bathrooms are large, modern, clean. Since France is so expensive in general, at least here you get good value for what you pay for. Would definitely recommend and stay here again. Vive la France!!

Nice decoration, comfy beds, friendly and helpful staffs. Have a kitchen and fridge for self-cooking. Have a locker to store valuable stuffs. .

Amazing beds. Smells nice when you enter and also they cook you a hamburger for a very good price! I love this place. Wanna go back.

• 12th Jun 2014