Cool & Bed Reviews

32 quai Arloing, Lyon, France

Great hostel, with friendly and helpful staff.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Wonderful place to stay, clean, including a great breakfast -- fresh french baguette with jam and orange juice or coffee.

Wonderful place that I would recommend to anyone. A little but far from the center of the city, but in a lovely area.

• 15th Nov 2014

The staff was friendly and willing to help. All guests were so thoughtful, friendly and polite. The kitchen was well equipped, as well as the room where we could watch TV, have meals and communicate. The computer did not work and the hairdryer could work only for a few minutes and then stopped. Despite of that, our stay was very pleasant and we'll remember Lyon for warm welcome in the hostel and the whole city.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Serbia

I was pleasantly impressed by the atmosphere - it was positive and artful :) Thanks, guys! And keep it up!

Best hostel in France! Very friendly staff. Great free breakfast. Common space is big and good for meeting other travelers. Nice kitchen to use. And good showers. Would definitely stay here again.

No complaints just a little bit out of the way and bathrooms could have been cleaned more frequently. Atmosphere was lacking but I gather that's because of the time of year (November). Staff were friendly, we would stay here again.

Really clean, friendly and helpful staff, about a half hour walk from town but the walks along the river so it's more than bearable! Best sweet white wine you'll ever have at the bar.

Rooms were nice and clean but showers and kitchen were a little grungy. The guys at the reception desk were all really friendly and helpful. Laundry service was amazing! I was there at Halloween, and though I didn't join in I appreciated that they threw a party. Breakfast is very plain but you can add to it if you want. Wifi everywhere is great! The common space is good - comfortable chairs and lots of tables for self catering.

This is a good location cause there really isn't anything else near the old city. It's walking distance to the old city and a the other places but you can also use the metro. Great kitchen facilites and large rooms! Breakfast was great as well - amazing French baguettes :)

A good hostel. I'd go back.

It's a small hostel and the staff are helpful. The computers didn't appear to be working but I didn't ask either: Although the hostel seems far from the centre of town it's not really. If you like walking you can take a leisurely stroll into town. Also there is a bus stop 20m away (Pont Koenig). If I stayed again I would request an extra blanket since the airconditioning was still running (end of October) so I was cold at night. I would stay again.

The best thing about this hostel is the staff. They're so nice, not everyone speaks english but they still manage to help you out in the best possible way. The guy working in the mornings absolutely rocks! Haha The hostel is generally very clean and has a good kitchen with enough space to store the food. The only thing is the security, the door don't have lock so everyone outside your dorm could eventually walk in but if you have a good padlock in your locker it should be enough.

Really clean beds and cool bar. Nice and helpful stuff and good breakfast. Big locker and comfort environment. Recommend.

My reservation was doublebooked so i had nowhere to sleep and had to search for a new place at 11pm sunday night. My £80 deposit is gone and i received no refund. Worst experience ever!

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Bulgaria

A very nice, funky place for short period of time. Very good breakfast and common area with good facilities. Though it's a little bit away (off) from the (historical) town center, it is manageable for value for money.

I got to the Hostel after midnight because my flight had been delayed and there was asbolutely no problem. There was a very nice night guy there to check me in, give me a tour of the place, give me suggestions as of what to do in Lyon and the surrounding cities, and... wait for it... I EVEN COULD GET FOOD!! I was starving and it turned out they have a grill open if you fell like a panini or a burger, so I was a happy camper :) It wasn't as close to the town center though, but it is close to othe

not bad, reasonable prices and the room is big so even with 14 or so people in there your not cramped

the location is not that ideal being about 750m from the nearby metro station, especially when it is raining and you have to carry some luggages this distance is just pain in the ass... Nevertheless, the inside of the hostel is quite nice. nice kitchen and quite sapcious common area~ the bathrooms are clean~ there are also two plugs for each bed in the room~ padlock is available for renting also~ in general recommended~

Very friendly staff. Breakfast included ! If u want a place to meet new people go there ;)

• 9th Oct 2014