Cool & Bed Reviews

32 quai Arloing, Lyon, France

Very laid-back place, with spacious rooms in a quiet neighborhood. Kitchen is complete with everything you need to cook and store food. The dinner organized by the staff was an awesome addition to the experience as well. Highly recommended!

• 29th Jul 2015
  • reinoljosef

Burgers were the best!

Thanks for the stay guys! I had a really good time at your place :)

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Austria

I absolutely loved it at cool and bed. It's run by a great group of people, and everyone there was fantastic. Ended up meeting some really cool fellow travelers, and really getting to have some fun on the town.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Only stayed for one night but wish we could have stayed longer. Hostel was lovely and was buzzing, made friends in only a few hours. AND after arriving 11pm they were still serving food to feed the hungry travellers. Great facilities, (substantial) breakfast included and staff were lovely. Can't wait to come back and stay properly

staff is so helpful and warm and welcoming. Helped me get to Annecy for a day when I didn't want to pay 60 euro for the train. Great to have a kitchen to cook in. Thanks for a great stay!

Great Hostel! No complaints.

Amazing hostel, the people working there made you feel welcome and like home!

The staff were so pleasant and nice! The location was perfect, nearby almost everything by foot or metro. I really enjoyed my time here! Wish I stayed a bit longer.

Nice hostel, but a bit of a distance from the center. Only stayed for one night, so didn't get much of the atmosphere. Very friendly staff and fine beds.

· individual lights and outlets · Nice big rooms with lockers · Free breakfast – I left early and missed it, but asked if I could grab a bowl of cereal before the actual breakfast and they agreed · The showers ran for only ~10 seconds before you needed to turn them on again · Sort of sketchy area, but

This was a really cool hostel! Was kind of a hike to get to from the train station, but easy enough to find. Great service, great people. One of my favorite hostels I stayed at.

• 8th Jul 2015

Staff were lovely, knowledgeable, happy to give suggestions, and help me with my French! Great area for socializing, free breakfast was greatly appreciated. A 20min walk from downtown but totally doable because it's along the water. Clean, safe, would definitely stay again!

Great hostel, great facilities and great staff!

There is one thing which annoyed me: The showers and toilets are at the opposite of the bedrooms which is not very practical; You have to cross the whole youth hostel to have a shower. Otherwise the hostel and the staff are very cool and I had a very nice time at Cool & Bed.

A great atmosphere for meeting people! The staff were awesome and super helpful. Near to a metro stop, and walking distance to everything (although Lyon is small enough to walk most places). The kitchen was a good size and there were multiple fridges which was nice for storing food. The bathrooms weren't the best, but it was fine for the price. Overall, we enjoyed our stay!!

The staff is what makes this place so amazing. So kind, helpful and personable. Facilities are clean and cool atmosphere. Location is a bit far from main stuff but still nice, by the river and lots of food and metro station nearby. The computer in the lobby barely works, just fyi. This is where I will stay when I come back to Lyon, which I will do because I enjoyed the city so much.

From what I could tell, the staff turned the air conditioning on in the sleeping area only at night, which made it miserable to take naps or spend any time in there during the day for the three days that I was in Lyon. The high temperature during that time averaged 37/98 degrees every day, and there were not even fans to move air around. The showers were decent w/ a changing area attached, and the location was about 15 min walk to bars and other cool things. They have good beer on tap too.

• 30th Jun 2015

it is a little far from the center but it has great company, breakfast. and Lyons is a great town. :)

Great staff and a very friendly vibe. I liked the large lockers and the hostel was very clean. Omlettes for breakfast were a really nice touch! However, it was odd that there were no keys to any of the rooms. I would have prefered that. Also the layout was odd -- less than ideal to walk through the common space to get to the bathrooms at 7 am when you're not quite awake yet.

• 26th Jun 2015