Cool & Bed Reviews

32 quai Arloing, Lyon, France

Great staff, shout out to Matthew for being so helpful and fun! No locks on bedroom doors, but good sized lockers for bags. Spacious rooms with comfy beds, side lamp, charging port and shelving. A small hostel but comfortable and overall a good stay.

it was so cold in the bedroom and hostel is located a bit far away from the centre.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

This hostel was a great place to stay for my short trip to Lyon. The staff was so friendly and accommodating, and the free breakfast in the morning was perfect. It's a bit further out from the city centre than I would have preferred, and the bedrooms doors didn't have locks on them, but other than those two things I enjoyed myself and had a nice stay. I would definitely recommend this hostel for a stay in Lyon.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Great staff! There was a bar which served food 24 hours which was great after nights out. The common area has potential but the majority of guests staying here weren't too interested in socialising. Location wasn't great given that it is in a quiet suburb but the old town is a 30 minute stroll along the river with great views.

Great kitchen facilities. Breakfast is the usual - free bread, jams, coffee, tea, cereal - with extras like eggs and bacon (priced well) if you'd like to supplement. The staff were awesome - great bunch of folks. It's a little removed from town, but because of the kitchen and the price, I preferred it to SLO living (another hostel in Lyon). No locks on the dorm room doors, but it wasn't a problem. You can rent a lock (maybe borrow?) from the hostel if you don't have your own.

Thank you very much!

Great hostel, with friendly and helpful staff.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Wonderful place to stay, clean, including a great breakfast -- fresh french baguette with jam and orange juice or coffee.

The location is nice enough, located right on the river and before a fortress. However, the hostel website does not offer good directions for getting to the hostel (be aware of this). The staff is a mixed bag, there are many helpful staff members, however there is one especially inattentive and unfriendly young girl who works in the evenings. The atmosphere is lacking - I found it was not a great place to meet people. Overall, I would stay elsewhere, if I had the chance to.

Wonderful place that I would recommend to anyone. A little but far from the center of the city, but in a lovely area.

• 15th Nov 2014

The staff was friendly and willing to help. All guests were so thoughtful, friendly and polite. The kitchen was well equipped, as well as the room where we could watch TV, have meals and communicate. The computer did not work and the hairdryer could work only for a few minutes and then stopped. Despite of that, our stay was very pleasant and we'll remember Lyon for warm welcome in the hostel and the whole city.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Serbia

Great place because of the workers, just needs an update, some paint and bathrooms/showers need to be scrubbed.

I was pleasantly impressed by the atmosphere - it was positive and artful :) Thanks, guys! And keep it up!

Best hostel in France! Very friendly staff. Great free breakfast. Common space is big and good for meeting other travelers. Nice kitchen to use. And good showers. Would definitely stay here again.

No complaints just a little bit out of the way and bathrooms could have been cleaned more frequently. Atmosphere was lacking but I gather that's because of the time of year (November). Staff were friendly, we would stay here again.

Really clean, friendly and helpful staff, about a half hour walk from town but the walks along the river so it's more than bearable! Best sweet white wine you'll ever have at the bar.

Rooms were nice and clean but showers and kitchen were a little grungy. The guys at the reception desk were all really friendly and helpful. Laundry service was amazing! I was there at Halloween, and though I didn't join in I appreciated that they threw a party. Breakfast is very plain but you can add to it if you want. Wifi everywhere is great! The common space is good - comfortable chairs and lots of tables for self catering.

This is a good location cause there really isn't anything else near the old city. It's walking distance to the old city and a the other places but you can also use the metro. Great kitchen facilites and large rooms! Breakfast was great as well - amazing French baguettes :)

A good hostel. I'd go back.

It's a small hostel and the staff are helpful. The computers didn't appear to be working but I didn't ask either: Although the hostel seems far from the centre of town it's not really. If you like walking you can take a leisurely stroll into town. Also there is a bus stop 20m away (Pont Koenig). If I stayed again I would request an extra blanket since the airconditioning was still running (end of October) so I was cold at night. I would stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4