Cool & Bed Reviews

32 quai Arloing, Lyon, France

The staff is what makes this place so amazing. So kind, helpful and personable. Facilities are clean and cool atmosphere. Location is a bit far from main stuff but still nice, by the river and lots of food and metro station nearby. The computer in the lobby barely works, just fyi. This is where I will stay when I come back to Lyon, which I will do because I enjoyed the city so much.

From what I could tell, the staff turned the air conditioning on in the sleeping area only at night, which made it miserable to take naps or spend any time in there during the day for the three days that I was in Lyon. The high temperature during that time averaged 37/98 degrees every day, and there were not even fans to move air around. The showers were decent w/ a changing area attached, and the location was about 15 min walk to bars and other cool things. They have good beer on tap too.

• 30th Jun 2015

it is a little far from the center but it has great company, breakfast. and Lyons is a great town. :)

Great staff and a very friendly vibe. I liked the large lockers and the hostel was very clean. Omlettes for breakfast were a really nice touch! However, it was odd that there were no keys to any of the rooms. I would have prefered that. Also the layout was odd -- less than ideal to walk through the common space to get to the bathrooms at 7 am when you're not quite awake yet.

• 26th Jun 2015

Good hostel, would recommend for a solo traveler especially because there are usually events going on. Also good facilities, all clean and the staff are extremely kind. Good hostel!

Really liked this hostel and Lyon itself. Staff were very friendly and hostel was clean and quirky. The only thing we didn't like was the lack of security. Front door was always open and there was easy access to the rooms. Apart from that we really enjoyed it. :)

The staff were so friendly. I was quite unwell during my stay and one day one of the staff (unfortunately I can't remember his name!!) came with me to the local doctor after his shift had ended and translated for me. He was so kind and made my life a lot easier. The hostel staff are all lovely and genuinely care about you.

Liked this hostel. Staff is great, super friendly and went above and beyond to try to find me transport to the airport when my flight was leaving while the metro was closed. Location is a bit far from center but it's clean, good value, etc. Will come back when I'm in Lyon for sure.

Lots of people from around the world. Cool place, the rooms were nice and with good space. Lockers have a perfect size. Bathrooms ok. Clean. Its far from doentown lyon and fron the subway. Thats the only problem.

Good hostel with a great atmosphere. The staff were always really nice and friendly. The only negative things I can say is that it would be nice if the rooms had locks and also if you could control the temperature in the showers, mine was always too hot. The hostel was a little far from the metro but the location felt safe and there were lots of shops nearby so it was still a good location

Great hostel, great atmosphere, great staff. The only problem is that it's a little far out of the city centre, but we didn't mind.

Nice place and great staff, but quite far from the metro.

I stayed at Cool & Bed for a few nights and I was definitely impressed. Great atmosphere and staff, also the rooms were very spacious and the facilities were all great. No faults, highly recommend!

• 14th Jun 2015

Nicest hostel I have been too on my travels really had an amazing time and all the staff where so kind and helpful. Really cool atmosphere, very clean And really good facilities. Would definitely recommend it !! :)

• 12th Jun 2015

The atmosphere, the facilities and the rooms were nice! The host Pierre is so kind and friendly.

Nice place, cool atmosphere to hang out. Definitely worth a stay!

Really relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. Rooms are spacious and location is close to metro station or walking distance to main centre. Definitely would visit again next time I am in Lyon.

best hostel to stay in if you're going to be in lyon. The place sits within walking distance of the historic center, museums, markets, restaurants, etc. The breakfast was amazing, included french bread which is a nice experience while you're in france and the facilities were really modern and super clean. All the beds include their own lamp, electric outlet, and clean sheets. When checking out the staff guided me every step of the way when I needed to get to the airport. Best stay ever, honestly

Excellent staff, usually hostels say 'free breakfast' and it's just a damn yogurt, here it's a full breakfast, coffee, O.J, cereal the works! Would definitely stay here again no doubt.

After a month of traveling, this was my least favorite hostel. There was no atmosphere, the location was sketchy at best, and the entire living area had the most horrible smell. I didn't feel like the staff were really there to help and didn't feel comfortable in my room at night. I would not recommend for anyone, but especially not for solo females.