Cool & Bed Reviews

32 quai Arloing, Lyon, France

Excellent staff/location/facilities. Don't miss out on the 3 Euro cheeseburgers!!

The best thing about the hostel is the friendly staff. At first I didn't feel comfortable that the rooms had no locks, but there were big lockers where you could put your stuff in, for a deposit you also got a lock, so that was fine. The hostel is a bit outside of the old town, but with public transportation it's really easy to get there.

The directions to the hostel were so easy to follow and its pretty close to the centre of the lyon. The staff where very nice and gave you a tour of the place. I stayed in a 16 bed doom and didn't feel like it was over crowed. It has a very funky vibe, as the name states Cool and bed very much lives up to the name

Great atmosphere, and really friendly staff! Overall, I enjoyed my stay and it was a great value. My only complaint is that I was assigned a bed when I checked in, and then the worker assigned the same bed to someone else later in the day. Getting back to the hostel at 11:30pm and finding someone else's things all over my bed and having to find somewhere else to sleep was frustrating.

Amazing hostel, best people!!

Nice hostel, nice staff, would recommend if you're going to Lyon.

With a full kitchen, cheap bar and restaurant (sandwiches 3 euro), a mini mart, large lockers, beds with personal lamp and outlet, and employees that make your bed for you ... This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The only downside is location is a bit far out although close to metro and walk into main tourist area is very pleasant. Breakfast is the stand carbohydrate affair but I made myself eggs in kitchen.

I actually did like this hostel a lot even though it wasn't "great". The location is decent enough, though things like no locks on the doors (not a huge problem with 24 hour reception) or weird faucets (you'll see what I mean) are what kept it from being supurb. But I'd still recommend this place as its comfy and spacious with a good big kitchen and bar and breakfast, good wifi and nice staff. Some people have complained about some old dude; actually the nicest guy there, though I'm not a girl

I really enjoyed my stay in Cool & Bed, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and so were the other guests. They also plan city tours and pub crawls that are very enjoyable! I highly recommend it!

• 3rd May 2014

BEST HOSTEL EVER! The staff were incredidebly friendly particularly Matthieu and Julie (tour guide of vieux Lyon). The hostel was really laid back and the dorms were cool at night. The bathrooms were clean. Men's showers separate to women's . They offered great tasting drinks that were strong and affordable. The food offered was exceptional. Big cheeseburger for 3€. Hell yea! Full kitchen too. Definitely recommend Cool

Definitely a cool place to stay, the staff was amazing and the rooms are nice. There is a locker in the room for all your stuff and a light/outlet by each bed. The breakfast was the usual, and the night I was there they also had 3 euro cheeseburgers (after traveling all day, I didnt want tp go back out for dinner so this was great). I would stay again!

Fab fab fab spent 4 nights here and everything was A1 can't do better .

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Wales

This was hands down the best hostel I've stayed in! Great people, great atmosphere! It was clean and well kept, wifi included, and basic buffet breakfast in the morning. It's not too far from town on bus or metro and right along the canal side. I definitely recommend staying at Cool and Bed if you're going to Lyon!

• 21st Apr 2014

I was surprised that the room of the dormitory has no lock. The shower room will start flooding when more than one person is taking shower at the same time.

Very nice atmosphere and staff

Very good hostel and very good staff!

• 17th Apr 2014

Looovvveee this place. Facilities, wifi, kitchen, location, everything checked. Great decor and great atmosphere with the bar and burgers at night. Kitchen facilities wonderful too. Best hostel ever!!

Great atmosphere, friendly staff, a bit lax on security and a tad far from the trains but good value and would stay again.

I enjoyed my stay at cool and bed, clean and comfortable rooms, a big kitchen, free breakfast with good coffee and wifi. The entrance to the hostel looks a bit dodgy but once you get inside it's great

Only stayed for two days at cool and bed, because it was so busy there, Easter break. It was a nice hostel, great showers and bathrooms, really nice solid bunks with power points and shelves. For a hostel fully booked there was no atmosphere, everyone on their computers with headphones on. As far as accommodation it was excellent though.