Cool & Bed Reviews

32 quai Arloing, Lyon, France

The atmosphere of the hostel is very warm. Easy to meet people. It is located near the Vieux Lyon district in walking distance. Cheerful staff. Simple but great breakfast.

Thank you so much to Hira for going above and beyond to look after me while I was sick. Other staff were also excellent. Huge bonus: power outlet and light for each bed. No locks on dorm doors but a large enough locker to store your backpack, and staffed 24h a day.

The hostel staff was very nice. The location is farther to the center than I would like (20-25 minute walk); however, it's only about a 4-5 minute bus ride to the center. The bus stop is right down the street. The shower facility was ok. Too bad that I couldn't see too much of it due to the fact that half the spot lights were always out. There were no locks on the doors; however, lockers are provided to secure valuables. Not sure why, but there is only a pub crawl on Thursdays (?).

Overall very nice stay! Only complaints would be the atmosphere was lacking (giant group of middle school kids there and a few random, much older men). They provide lockers in the rooms, however, locks on the doors would be nice as well. Staff is super friendly!

soo cooool, sooo beddd

• 19th May 2014

I stayed there only for one night, but it was great place to stay. Staff were really helpful and friendly. The room was big enough for 6 people and they rent me a lock for the locker in the room. (5 EUR for deposit) Breakfast was very basic, they have lagguage storage for free. Only bad thing was the bathroom. After 3 mins you turn on the shower, water is everywhere. And the floor was slippery because of filth. Other than that, it was nice and fun hostel:)

Nice to stay

Staff were great! Super helpful and friendly. One guy even lent me his bike for the day.

Perfect location, and the staff was great and carrying! But the showers were a bit mouldy!

Excellent staff/location/facilities. Don't miss out on the 3 Euro cheeseburgers!!

The best thing about the hostel is the friendly staff. At first I didn't feel comfortable that the rooms had no locks, but there were big lockers where you could put your stuff in, for a deposit you also got a lock, so that was fine. The hostel is a bit outside of the old town, but with public transportation it's really easy to get there.

Great hostel with spotless facilities!! The highlight was definitely the €2 cheeseburgers. Also very big common area and fast wifi.

The directions to the hostel were so easy to follow and its pretty close to the centre of the lyon. The staff where very nice and gave you a tour of the place. I stayed in a 16 bed doom and didn't feel like it was over crowed. It has a very funky vibe, as the name states Cool and bed very much lives up to the name

Great atmosphere, and really friendly staff! Overall, I enjoyed my stay and it was a great value. My only complaint is that I was assigned a bed when I checked in, and then the worker assigned the same bed to someone else later in the day. Getting back to the hostel at 11:30pm and finding someone else's things all over my bed and having to find somewhere else to sleep was frustrating.

Amazing hostel, best people!!

Nice hostel, nice staff, would recommend if you're going to Lyon.

With a full kitchen, cheap bar and restaurant (sandwiches 3 euro), a mini mart, large lockers, beds with personal lamp and outlet, and employees that make your bed for you ... This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The only downside is location is a bit far out although close to metro and walk into main tourist area is very pleasant. Breakfast is the stand carbohydrate affair but I made myself eggs in kitchen.

I actually did like this hostel a lot even though it wasn't "great". The location is decent enough, though things like no locks on the doors (not a huge problem with 24 hour reception) or weird faucets (you'll see what I mean) are what kept it from being supurb. But I'd still recommend this place as its comfy and spacious with a good big kitchen and bar and breakfast, good wifi and nice staff. Some people have complained about some old dude; actually the nicest guy there, though I'm not a girl

I really enjoyed my stay in Cool & Bed, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and so were the other guests. They also plan city tours and pub crawls that are very enjoyable! I highly recommend it!

• 3rd May 2014

BEST HOSTEL EVER! The staff were incredidebly friendly particularly Matthieu and Julie (tour guide of vieux Lyon). The hostel was really laid back and the dorms were cool at night. The bathrooms were clean. Men's showers separate to women's . They offered great tasting drinks that were strong and affordable. The food offered was exceptional. Big cheeseburger for 3€. Hell yea! Full kitchen too. Definitely recommend Cool