Cool & Bed Reviews

32 quai Arloing, Lyon, France

This is a great place to stay. There are no locks on the bedroom doors but lockers and padlocks were provided for valuables, so it wasn't a problem. The atmosphere was very relxaxed, not too quiet and not too noisy. This is a great place to meet new people and make friends. I would seriously recommend it.

• 19th Jun 2014

The hostel was great, good location and the staff were super friendly and helpful and even after checking out they still let us use the showers and kitchen. Really clean and with great showers, would definitely recommend

It was a lovely hostel. The people working there were extremely friendly

Best hostel I've been to in a while. The staff Mathieu and Pierre are insanely friendly, funny, and adorable and contribute to the great atmosphere. The common area is great for meeting people. The rooms are well designed with individual lockers, lights, and plugs. The bathrooms are large, modern, clean. Since France is so expensive in general, at least here you get good value for what you pay for. Would definitely recommend and stay here again. Vive la France!!

Nice decoration, comfy beds, friendly and helpful staffs. Have a kitchen and fridge for self-cooking. Have a locker to store valuable stuffs. .

Amazing beds. Smells nice when you enter and also they cook you a hamburger for a very good price! I love this place. Wanna go back.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

nice staff there!

I LOVED this hostel. The owners and staff are very friendly and it is very clean. I know some people have complained about location, but I thought it was great and it is a short walk from the metro. I passed by some hostels that were more central and were on a hill, which would have been a PAIN to walk up with my bag. The fact that they make food and cocktails at the hostel is such a convenience if you are too tired to go out. It is also a small hostel so it is not very noisy.

Really great hostel (with surprisingly good hamburgers). Very safe, very clean. The only problem is that you can count on a half hour walk to get anywhere.

Very nice atmosphere, greetings, and great staff! flexible! I would recommand you this location for sure.

• 1st Jun 2014

Loved it... Wish I had an excuse to stay longer

Everything was great. kind staffs, funny interior, etc. But location wasn't good.

A handy location if you enjoy a walk to the different tourist attractions around the city! The staff are very helpful and friendly, willing to help as much as possible! Good clean rooms, kitchen facilities and bathrooms! Recommend

I only stayed here for two nights, but can honestly say that. Cool&Bed is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The common area is well designed and there's a bar there that sells liquor for very reasonable prices. The staff is great, especially Matthieu. I highly recommend this hostel.

Amazing hostel. Wish I stayed longer! Fantastic staff, awesome facilities; everything you need. It's a bit out of the way, but worth the walk.

This was an awesome place, especially because of the staff. Free breakfast was also nice. Rooms were clean and comfortable and sensibly designed. Bathrooms are in a central location. The hostel is ~15 minute walk from the city center but it is beautiful and peaceful along the river. Fun place

Thank you to all the staff at cool and bed, your one of my favourite hostels in Europe!!

The atmosphere of the hostel is very warm. Easy to meet people. It is located near the Vieux Lyon district in walking distance. Cheerful staff. Simple but great breakfast.

Thank you so much to Hira for going above and beyond to look after me while I was sick. Other staff were also excellent. Huge bonus: power outlet and light for each bed. No locks on dorm doors but a large enough locker to store your backpack, and staffed 24h a day.

The hostel staff was very nice. The location is farther to the center than I would like (20-25 minute walk); however, it's only about a 4-5 minute bus ride to the center. The bus stop is right down the street. The shower facility was ok. Too bad that I couldn't see too much of it due to the fact that half the spot lights were always out. There were no locks on the doors; however, lockers are provided to secure valuables. Not sure why, but there is only a pub crawl on Thursdays (?).