Cool & Bed Reviews

32 quai Arloing, Lyon, France

Looovvveee this place. Facilities, wifi, kitchen, location, everything checked. Great decor and great atmosphere with the bar and burgers at night. Kitchen facilities wonderful too. Best hostel ever!!

Great atmosphere, friendly staff, a bit lax on security and a tad far from the trains but good value and would stay again.

I enjoyed my stay at cool and bed, clean and comfortable rooms, a big kitchen, free breakfast with good coffee and wifi. The entrance to the hostel looks a bit dodgy but once you get inside it's great

Only stayed for two days at cool and bed, because it was so busy there, Easter break. It was a nice hostel, great showers and bathrooms, really nice solid bunks with power points and shelves. For a hostel fully booked there was no atmosphere, everyone on their computers with headphones on. As far as accommodation it was excellent though.

I would return there. The staff was amazingly friendly and very helpful. Very clean and nice, chill atmosphere. The one downside is that there are only 2 toilets, which is not enough. Strangely there were 3 showers for each gender. Location is quite good, roughly 5 min bike ride to the old town.

• 13th Apr 2014

Fantastic hostel. Sadly I was just in transit - arrived late and had to leave early the next morning, so didn't get to see much of Nice, but I will definitely stay in this hostel when I go back to explore Nice. Really cool space, great little bar which does nice food. Clean and friendly staff.

The staff is very friendly. The facilities are good. I will definitely stay there if I go to Lyon again.

The best hostel we'd been in during our whole trip! Staff are kind and helpful, facilities are clean and comfortable to use(except two toilets seem a bit not enough), breakfast is very tight, and we met some lovely travelers there!

I loved the staff. They were really friendly and helpful to me.

it's a very nice place to stay.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • China

Had a great stay. Was my first time travelling alone and the people at the hostel made it a really enjoyable experience. The guy who works in the morning...absolute star! Great way to meet people travelling as the lounge area is really chilled.

It's a really nice place to stay and the stuff is very cool and friendly

we (two guys both 22yrs), had a cool time at this place. there's a cool common area, nice staff, fine kitchen. the whole hostel is very well thought through. for example: there are electronic plug-ins on the side of every single bed. it's a nice walk next to the river to go to the city center. it's definitely the place to be if you're a young traveller going to Lyon.

The hostel is pretty far away from the city which is inconvenient, but the night staff who greeted me were wonderful and very helpful. The breakfast was a little sad, basically cereal and stale bread, but the bunks were nice and comfortable and the showers were nice. It was weird I had to walk through the lobby to get to the showers. Overall pretty nice place.

Seafood restaulant very good and inexpensive. Very good Staff !! No bus at mid night. Taxi 13 euro

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Japan

A great stay. Slept well, saw a lot of Lyon and left happy.

Really friendly staff, clean place, great stay

• 25th Mar 2014

The hostel is a bit far from the metro station and the vieux Lyon. The beds are nice, you have a lamp near each bed. The staff is good. The doors don't close in the room, but you have your own box with a key in the room. Ok to stay for a few days. Good wi-fi!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »