Cool & Bed Reviews

32 quai Arloing, Lyon, France

The staff at this hostel were very friendly and welcoming, with good facilities and a very clean environment. I had a great time here, the main reception/bar area having a great atmosphere- everyone was very chatty and friendly and getting to know one another. It's a 10 minute walk to Valmy metro, and 20-25 minutes to walk into the centre, but it's ideally situated by the river, and I think the facilities/atmosphere/staff make up for this. Well worth recommending.

When I arrived, it was busy but the staff still managed to show me around the facilities. They were excellent with giving advice. It is about a 20 minute walk from the old quarter but it is well served by the transport links. The only downfall is that there are no locks on the doors, so you could easily walk past reception and steal something. They offer a locker and padlock service however.

• 4th Mar 2014

Cool place with helpful staff. I stayed 2 night, internet was flawless and I got to meet some really interesting people.

My best hostel experience. HUGE shower room with lighted mirrors. Each bed had a charging box for electronics and a reading lamp. The lamp was a very nice touch! Kitchen was extremely well stocked and clean. Location was good: right on the Saone next to a bicycle station (take advantage of the bicycle program in Lyon: €1.50 for the day!)

The location is a bit too far, need to take the metro and some walk to get to the hostel. The staff are nice and helpful

A nice hostel to stay in. Good breakfast, clean facilities, no issues with wifi. Big communal area so it`s easy to meet other travellers. A long walk to most attractions in Lyon but it wasn`t too bad. Kitchen is handy for preparing your own meals. There are no keys for the entrance or dorm room door which was nice not to worry about but could be a potential security issue.

Nice hostel w/ lots of great perks. Free WiFi + computer usage, nice common area, & (best of all) a usable kitchen w/ refrigerator + cooking supplies! But other than that, this place is just average. What suffers most is the security; the rooms all do not have their own locks, so even leaving a jacket or backpack unattended is dangerous, as anyone may enter your room. Also, the showers and bathrooms are small and on opposite sides of the rooms, which makes crossing the common space a hassle.

Awesome place, friendly and helpful staff made our stay. Good rooms & good location.

I enjoyed my stay here! Facilities were great - plenty of shower space which also had privacy which was a plus! As mentioned in previous reviews there were no locks on the doors, however I didn't find this to be a problem since there were lockers that you could lock. After midnight you need to ring the doorbell to be let in, so overall I felt secure. Most of the staff was very friendly - I appreciated them helping map out some good places to explore and eat! Overall I loved Lyon!

Easy to get to by train, close to some good sights

Stand out for me would be the staff. Really lovely. Would definately stay again. Thanks so much.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »