Cool & Chic Hostel Reviews

Travessera de Collblanc, 5, Barcelona, Spain

I loved that it was so close to Camp Nou as I went to Barcelona specifically to watch a match. The staff was also very friendly and helpful when I asked for recommendations and directions to get around.

• 21st Jan 2015

The hostel was very easy to find and well located. The staff were very friendly, one of them come to chat with us in the living room and we spent hours talking. The dependencies in general were pretty cool, but somethings you get what you paid for, the mattress and blankets could be better, mattress were too soft and blankets too small, but for the price we can't complain, as for the mens toilet (womens was ok) I'm pretty sure it wasn't cleaned every day. They have big lockers in the rooms!

Great place! I want to recommend this hostel to everyone visiting Barcelona! If you want a place close to Camp Nou, metro station, with awesome staff, clean bedrooms, kitchen for your own and bathroom, all facilities - book immediately Cool&Chic! I hope to get back there really soon! :)

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Poland

Great experience. Bedrooms were huge and very clean as were the bathrooms. A quiet hostel which I enjoyed. It is a small train ride away from the centre however it wasn't an issue and barcelona is such a big city you are likely to be catching transport anyway. Not much of a nightlife close so more suitable for a quieter time :)

Great value, super friendly and helpful staff. Location made it easy to get around

• 8th Jan 2015

The hostel is very nice! Clean, good localization and nice staff! I recomend it!

Good hostel overall! A bit out of the city but really close to a metro so good location. Staff were great, very helpful and friendly. Kitchen was also well supplied and had everything you need to make a meal. Our room was nice and spacious, but the curtains/ceiling had mould/damp and it created a weird sweaty smell. Didn't bother us too much though as we only used the room for sleeping and were out all day.

Really good location. Very near the metro station, and the Barcelona FC stadium. The staff are very friendly, helpful, with a lot of information and good tips. The room is very clean, the facility is good for you to cook your own meal. This hostel is really, really good. The only issue is the door don't have key, and the locker key is provided by the staff, you cannot use your own key for the locker.

Thank you so much, for your great review. Opinions like yours give us strength to keep working hard for all our guests. We just want to clarify that all the costumers has their own locker key that they can use whenever they want, to only thing is that the Dorms are always open and no one has the room key

I stay at cool and chic every time I come to Barcelona, which is frequent, and the staff all really great to me. Really nice place, feels like home.

I loved every moment of being at this hostel. It was affordable, the staff were amazing friendly, helpful and fun, they show you around the hostel and explain everything to you to make you feel comfortable in your temporary home. It is clean and you can use the kitchen which I loved. It's easy to get to and not too far from all the tourist places. Definite recommendation to go here and will definitely go back. 5* without a doubt

Very clean, helpful staff, great security. Knowledgable of city and metro routes. highly reccomend for the money

• 17th Dec 2014

Beer in the vending machine?

I really liked that place. Great hostel quality for a really reasonable price!! Being a small Hostel you can really interact with all the staff and other guests.

I was confused as to why this hostel had such high ratings until I saw a sign stating that if you gave a 100% review they give you some kind of jersey. This completely negates the purpose of the review system. The hostel is okay, nothing special. Your better off finding one that doesn't have to bribe people for good reviews.

Thank you for your comments, but I'm fraid that you didn't understand exactly what we do. We do raffle a jersey every month among all those customers that review us, as well as other hostels give t-shirts, discounts, etc. We do that because most of the our clients can visit many hostels during their journey and sometimes forget to review all of them. We DO NOT give a jersey to the ones that review us with 100%, otherwise all other high ratings (90% and above) will make no sense.

Perfecte ontvangst, uitleg, prima bedden. kom zeker nog eens terug.

• 20th Oct 2014

The doorbell is very loud in the room by the main desk, i think this is an issue with people ringing the wrong one late at night.

Muy recomendable el hostel, de primera!!

Overall, this hostel was a decent place to sleep. The rooms are very spacious, although you can only get WiFi signal from the common area. Although the location is near a metro and the FC Stadium, it might be wise to keep in mind that it is significantly far from the center. It maintains a sort of quiet and isolated atmosphere, which is better for sleeping and keeping to yourselves. I thought it was a bit strange that they charged money for 15 min of desktop use.

The Hostel was not at all near the center and required at least a 15 minute subway ride to get close to anything. The staff was perfectly nice, but not overly friendly or helpful. The facilities were nice and it was clean. THEY OFFER TO AUCTION OFF A BARCELONA JERSEY TO PEOPLE WHO GIVE 100% REVIEWS. I found this to be really disheartening. So, be weary of high reviews, they might only be in it for the "prize".

Dear customer, Thank you very much for your comments, they help us to improve. However, it is true that we auction a Barcelona Jersey among the customers that review us. We do that to promote peolple to review us, which is very important for us. Some customers stay in several hostels during their journeys and it can can forget to review some of them. But IT IS NOT TRUE that we do that only with people that give us 100% review. All the 90% and above that we have will make no sense then.

the hostel is good, the reception is really nice and friendly, we had a problem as we had a double-bed reservation and they only had a bunk bed due to a damage with one of their beds, not much to the liking of my girlfriend but these are unpredictable things, overall is a good deal and if you come to see the barcelona team, is just four blocks away

« first « Prev 1 2 3