Cool & Chic Hostel Reviews

Travessera de Collblanc, 5, Barcelona, Spain

I'd like it a lot. Good people working there. Just the location isn't super close to the places most people want to go. But it was very cheap. And for the price it was 5 stars. Very good, thank you

The staff was incredibly helpful, the beds were comfortable, the room was spacious, and the wifi worked well. All of this exceeded my expectations for 8 euros a night. The hostel isn't centrally located but it's right by Camp Nou and there is a metro station less than a minute's walk away. Overall, Cool & Chic was a great value.

• 20th Feb 2015

It is a clean and spacious hostel. However it is a long distance from the centre of Barcelona and one has to use the metro and is probably more suited for football fans. Another little problem is that on the Hostelworld website it states that "taxes are included", but on arrival the local tax is added to the price.

Amazing people and the hostel is more like a cheap decent hotel was very homely and they told us about everything, Evan though they shot me down when I had a debate with friends that coconuts grow on the palm trees and he said no, though he was on my side lol but seriously very good place and in the future when I return to barcelona I will be staying their many thanks for a good time.

• 25th Jan 2015

I loved that it was so close to Camp Nou as I went to Barcelona specifically to watch a match. The staff was also very friendly and helpful when I asked for recommendations and directions to get around.

• 21st Jan 2015

The hostel was very easy to find and well located. The staff were very friendly, one of them come to chat with us in the living room and we spent hours talking. The dependencies in general were pretty cool, but somethings you get what you paid for, the mattress and blankets could be better, mattress were too soft and blankets too small, but for the price we can't complain, as for the mens toilet (womens was ok) I'm pretty sure it wasn't cleaned every day. They have big lockers in the rooms!

Great place! I want to recommend this hostel to everyone visiting Barcelona! If you want a place close to Camp Nou, metro station, with awesome staff, clean bedrooms, kitchen for your own and bathroom, all facilities - book immediately Cool&Chic! I hope to get back there really soon! :)

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Poland

Booked for 2 nights stayed 3 weeks.. Lovely hostel lovely atmosphere great staff good kitchen hot showers clean rooms, can't ask for any more! Had a great stay in Barcelona and will stay here next time

• 8th Jan 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Great experience. Bedrooms were huge and very clean as were the bathrooms. A quiet hostel which I enjoyed. It is a small train ride away from the centre however it wasn't an issue and barcelona is such a big city you are likely to be catching transport anyway. Not much of a nightlife close so more suitable for a quieter time :)

Great value, super friendly and helpful staff. Location made it easy to get around

• 8th Jan 2015

The hostel is very nice! Clean, good localization and nice staff! I recomend it!

Good hostel overall! A bit out of the city but really close to a metro so good location. Staff were great, very helpful and friendly. Kitchen was also well supplied and had everything you need to make a meal. Our room was nice and spacious, but the curtains/ceiling had mould/damp and it created a weird sweaty smell. Didn't bother us too much though as we only used the room for sleeping and were out all day.

Really good location. Very near the metro station, and the Barcelona FC stadium. The staff are very friendly, helpful, with a lot of information and good tips. The room is very clean, the facility is good for you to cook your own meal. This hostel is really, really good. The only issue is the door don't have key, and the locker key is provided by the staff, you cannot use your own key for the locker.

Thank you so much, for your great review. Opinions like yours give us strength to keep working hard for all our guests. We just want to clarify that all the costumers has their own locker key that they can use whenever they want, to only thing is that the Dorms are always open and no one has the room key

I stay at cool and chic every time I come to Barcelona, which is frequent, and the staff all really great to me. Really nice place, feels like home.

I loved every moment of being at this hostel. It was affordable, the staff were amazing friendly, helpful and fun, they show you around the hostel and explain everything to you to make you feel comfortable in your temporary home. It is clean and you can use the kitchen which I loved. It's easy to get to and not too far from all the tourist places. Definite recommendation to go here and will definitely go back. 5* without a doubt

Very clean, helpful staff, great security. Knowledgable of city and metro routes. highly reccomend for the money

• 17th Dec 2014

Beer in the vending machine?

I really liked that place. Great hostel quality for a really reasonable price!! Being a small Hostel you can really interact with all the staff and other guests.

I was confused as to why this hostel had such high ratings until I saw a sign stating that if you gave a 100% review they give you some kind of jersey. This completely negates the purpose of the review system. The hostel is okay, nothing special. Your better off finding one that doesn't have to bribe people for good reviews.

Thank you for your comments, but I'm fraid that you didn't understand exactly what we do. We do raffle a jersey every month among all those customers that review us, as well as other hostels give t-shirts, discounts, etc. We do that because most of the our clients can visit many hostels during their journey and sometimes forget to review all of them. We DO NOT give a jersey to the ones that review us with 100%, otherwise all other high ratings (90% and above) will make no sense.

Perfecte ontvangst, uitleg, prima bedden. kom zeker nog eens terug.

• 20th Oct 2014