Cool & Chic Hostel Reviews

Travessera de Collblanc, 5, Barcelona, Spain

The staff were awesome. They really helped us on some info. And really tried to help us with some questions, we needed a store and the staff look it up for us! They were also really nice and friendly!

• 1st Sep 2014

We really liked this hostel. The staff were so friendly and the place was clean, this is the best hostel we have stayed in over 8 weeks of travel. It's a little bit out of the city but the metro system is easy to navigate. There is a kitchen & wifi available.

Very far out of the way. I wouldn't recommend getting a cab from the city at night. Some staff are helpful some not so much. I was greeted with someone who had no idea where I was sleeping or what was going on and didn't inform me of a locker deposit.

Thank you for your review at Cool and Chic Hostel. We will take in consideration to improve our service. We are 10 minutes by metro to the city center. There is a night bus from Catalunya Square ( city center) every 30 minutes during the night which stops in front of us. About the staff member review, it was his first day in the Hostel, so we expect a little bit of consideration from our travelers guests.

If you're a football fan this is the place to stay, just a short walk to the magnificent Camp Nou. The hostel is very good, the rooms are huge and super clean. Bathrooms are in excellent condition, very good showers and spotless clean. In general terms is one of the best hostels I stayed and I've traveled quite a bit. The staff is helpful and the owner Xavi can get tickets for Barca matches which is very convenient because the location.

Overall, a decent, respectable hostel, very much on the small side but that's a positive as it's very chilled and quiet. Location however is not so good, quite far from the centre of the city itself.

Nice hostel and lovely n pretty staff! They are really friendly and helpfull! The hostel is 5 minutes from the subway and 15 minutes from the FC Barcelona Stadium (good for football fans). I recommend it :D

It was a wunderful hostel, everyone where so friendly, and the staff was very very good and helpful! Meet so many cool people when I stayed here. The best hostel I had on my traintrip through Europe :) Thanks!

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Really great hostel, we totally enjoyed our stay there!! Staff was really friendly and helped us with everything we wanted and needed to know :) 5 minutes walk from the metro station and not totally in the busy area of Barcelona, so we had quiet nights, really relaxing after a sightseeing day! (Bath)Rooms and kitchen were clean, so there was nothing to complain about and I can totally recommend the hostel, thanks again for the nice stay :)

I enjoyed my stay here! The hostel was impeccably clean and the facilities were great. However I didn't think the staff was too friendly :(. The older man who was there on the morning my friend and I arrived was rude. Also, 3 euros for towels is a little expensive. This said however, I realize that this hostel is new and that they are still figuring things out. I thought the price for the room was right and I would recommend it to friends who were traveling on a budget!

• 7th Aug 2014

I had very good experience, everything was ok, the staff very helpful , the room also.

I really enjoyed that hostel!! Not beeing based right in city center was a relief, specially at summer time!! Stil 15 minutes from there!! Really clean and awsome staff! I will be back in winter for a football match

My second time in this hostel, still perfect and clean.

Very nice place to stay, super! The Staff is great, you can cook a very nice dinner there. The place is also very cool, the atmosphere is awsome.

Excellent choice

One of the owners went out of his way to bring me my key deposit at a DIFFERENT hostel. Wow! Excellent all-around service and a nice hostel.

The hostel is relatively far from the city centre and is inexpensive. The bedding is not clean, and there was no soap in the bathroom. Overall I would rate this hostel as average.

Thank you for your reveiw. We will work to improve it. We do offer hand soap in the toilettes but not soap in the showers. About the bedding, we have an external company who clean it in daily basis for us and we check it out every day, so we can’t agree with you on that.

Wi-fi is not good on the bedrooms. The hostel is not a party hostel, so if you want to rest after the end of a long day, it might be a good option.

Thank you very much for your reveiw. We will work to improve our services. In all our Hostel Descriptions we make clear that we are not a party Hostel, but thanks for the reminder. About the Wiffi, this morning we have changed our installation and should be working properly all around the Hostel.

Just a few things, one, there are no double rooms or double beds for couples. Upon arrival we discovered that it is actually "illegal" to have double rooms in hostels and we were told we could push beds together.Our room, 0, smelled like mold. There are only shared bathrooms where the showers are push to start and only last about 30 secs before stopping. There were no female staff member at all. It would be nice to see at least one employed .

A very nice, clean and conveniently located hostel with a very awesome group of staff. The owners, Arno and Xavi are extremely kind and warm and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. The bathrooms and kitchen areas are cleaned daily. Great place, highly recommendable!

• 11th Jul 2014

Good location, seems far from the center, but it's only 10 minutes by metro. We personally prefered that - prices in shops and restaurants are much lower than in the city center and the neighbourhood was quiet and with no crowd of tourists. The atmosphere and the crew were really great.

• 11th Jul 2014