Cool & Chic Hostel Reviews

Travessera de Collblanc, 5, Barcelona, Spain

Overall, a decent, respectable hostel, very much on the small side but that's a positive as it's very chilled and quiet. Location however is not so good, quite far from the centre of the city itself.

Really great hostel, we totally enjoyed our stay there!! Staff was really friendly and helped us with everything we wanted and needed to know :) 5 minutes walk from the metro station and not totally in the busy area of Barcelona, so we had quiet nights, really relaxing after a sightseeing day! (Bath)Rooms and kitchen were clean, so there was nothing to complain about and I can totally recommend the hostel, thanks again for the nice stay :)

I enjoyed my stay here! The hostel was impeccably clean and the facilities were great. However I didn't think the staff was too friendly :(. The older man who was there on the morning my friend and I arrived was rude. Also, 3 euros for towels is a little expensive. This said however, I realize that this hostel is new and that they are still figuring things out. I thought the price for the room was right and I would recommend it to friends who were traveling on a budget!

• 7th Aug 2014

I had very good experience, everything was ok, the staff very helpful , the room also.

I really enjoyed that hostel!! Not beeing based right in city center was a relief, specially at summer time!! Stil 15 minutes from there!! Really clean and awsome staff! I will be back in winter for a football match

My second time in this hostel, still perfect and clean.

Very nice place to stay, super! The Staff is great, you can cook a very nice dinner there. The place is also very cool, the atmosphere is awsome.

Excellent choice

One of the owners went out of his way to bring me my key deposit at a DIFFERENT hostel. Wow! Excellent all-around service and a nice hostel.

The hostel is relatively far from the city centre and is inexpensive. The bedding is not clean, and there was no soap in the bathroom. Overall I would rate this hostel as average.

Thank you for your reveiw. We will work to improve it. We do offer hand soap in the toilettes but not soap in the showers. About the bedding, we have an external company who clean it in daily basis for us and we check it out every day, so we can’t agree with you on that.

Wi-fi is not good on the bedrooms. The hostel is not a party hostel, so if you want to rest after the end of a long day, it might be a good option.

Thank you very much for your reveiw. We will work to improve our services. In all our Hostel Descriptions we make clear that we are not a party Hostel, but thanks for the reminder. About the Wiffi, this morning we have changed our installation and should be working properly all around the Hostel.

Just a few things, one, there are no double rooms or double beds for couples. Upon arrival we discovered that it is actually "illegal" to have double rooms in hostels and we were told we could push beds together.Our room, 0, smelled like mold. There are only shared bathrooms where the showers are push to start and only last about 30 secs before stopping. There were no female staff member at all. It would be nice to see at least one employed .

A very nice, clean and conveniently located hostel with a very awesome group of staff. The owners, Arno and Xavi are extremely kind and warm and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. The bathrooms and kitchen areas are cleaned daily. Great place, highly recommendable!

• 11th Jul 2014

Good location, seems far from the center, but it's only 10 minutes by metro. We personally prefered that - prices in shops and restaurants are much lower than in the city center and the neighbourhood was quiet and with no crowd of tourists. The atmosphere and the crew were really great.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Poland

All the rooms, kitchen, commom area, etc are in the same flooor. AT night we can listen the others customers talking and etc. The rooms are too light as well

If you plan on staying here, buy a multipass metro card to get into the city. It's quiet but far from city center. Staff was very nice and helpful. They allowed me to use one of the empty rooms to have a skype interview for a job. The people are laid back and it's not a party hostel atmosphere at all. It was nice for the clientele and had a general relaxed mood. Facilities are very clean, no free computer to use, and kitchen was adequate for anyone who wanted to cook. Supermarket close.

I will definitely recommend Cool and Chic to anyone in my network who wants to visit Barcelona

• 25th Jun 2014

Best hostel I have stayed !! everything new and organized, really clean and there is girls/boys bathroom separated which is a really good idea!. The hostel is next to a metro station where you can go anywhere and there is supermarkets near by which helps a lot. The stuff was very nice and the hostel atmosphere is great with movie night and an organized kitchen! I loved it ! the only think is that the kitchen closes at 11pm and we cant go there after. I definetelly recommend this hostel!!

Brilliant hostel with awesome staff !

I loved this Hostel. The place was clean and very nice. The only complaint I have was the room, we were placed in. We rented two rooms, while one was incredible -- the other was horrible. It smelled like mold (Room 0). The other room we rented was very nice, it had decorations on the walls and a window for a nice breeze.

• 21st Jun 2014