CoolHostel Reviews

Rua Formosa 225, Porto, Portugal

Very well located hostel, rooms are big.. the atmosphere was not so good and some of the the staff was not always so pleasant, but it was not a bad stay.

Some of the staff doesn't speak English.

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Belgium

There wasn't always hot water.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Belgium

Our floor had just one bathroom for at least 10 people, hot water was not even enough for all of us and we took quick showers. Beds were not comfortable and our room was quite cold. We would wake up in the morning with a loud vacuum cleaner.The staff was very rude and unpleasant throughout our stay,specially when we checked out.We were an hour late so they charged for an extra night. As we tried to reason with them they showed no flexibility and even insulted us. Worst hostel we've ever been to.

• 29th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 25-30

A good place to rest in a quiet street, yet central. Spacious room and bathroom. Friendly staff.

It's a very nice hostel in a very good location! And it's also VERY clean and cosy :) We stayed in a Private Room and the room was excelent, with good space, drawers, tv and a mini-heater. The whole hostel is very bright and one of the staff Ana took a good care of us with breakfast and whatever else she could. There's only one shower per floor but it wasn't a problem at all as the hostel wasn't full when we were there. Thank you.

10/10 hostel! Location is so central, 2 minute walk from the metro. The place is super clean!! And so pretty at that! I've strayed there recently and I had to leave at 7am, but breakfast is from 8:30am-10:30am but they insisted I had breakfast before I left. All so lovely and so kind. I will not be staying in another hostel in Porto but this one :)

• 20th Dec 2015
  • Portugal

Excellent hostel. It was pretty quiet when I was here as there weren't too many people staying. Location is great and very close to the Metro. Very clean and comfortable. Staff was great, they didn't speak any English, but communicating was not a problem, especially if you know a little Portuguese or Spanish.

This hostel has got to be one of the best in all of Portugal! The staff were so kind to me and my friends and it made our stay so enjoyable!

• 26th Nov 2015

me and my girlfriend staid at a double room and everything was very clean. the hostel is in the city center you can go to almost every important and interesting places by foot. breakfast was simple but very good. The only thing we didn't like was the mattress, we always end up in the middle of the bed and with the feeling that we would sink which made our backs hurt. Besides that we strongly recommend the hostel.

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Portugal

Good hostel, great location, excellent bathroom. The guy that works during the day is pretty cool and helpful, but unfortunately the lady and the guy who work at night do not know a word of English, so you better learn some Portuguese if you want to ask them for something :) Breakfast was decent. Generally good hostel with very good location and OK conditions. Recommended!

A very nice hostel, The only thing I didn't like: toilettes were only one per floor and they were not enaugh for everybody!

• 6th Oct 2015

Eventhough it was just a night, I have to say that the staff and owner Have been so nice to us. they even give us the breakfast included 15 minuts earlier because of our time leaving. Ana is very nice woman who take care very much of the guest staying. I recomend the hostel everyone. You will feel like at home. my father is going back with his partner again.

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Spain

nice people, nice and friendly staff, clean, 24h reception, warm shower, kitchen opened for use till night, embarassing terrasse, breakfast okay........ for that money a good place to stay. also next to the market, nice shops, the mains shoppingarea, I LIKE

Thank you! Everything was good.

This hostel is ruined by its staff : rude, not helpful. There is nothing organized to entertain guests. Don't go there, there are better hostels in Porto.

This hostel is very very quiet and def not a party hostel. Good for families. The common room is not so inviting to hang out, and I found it quite hard to meet people here (was travelling by myself). There are only 3 bathrooms for the whole hostel, so if 3 people are showering, you cant even brush your teeth. That was quite annoying. Apart from that, the location is really really good and everything else was fine.

Coolhostel is great! We had a nice stay there. Staff is incredibly smiley and nice. They helped us with our parking issues and made good recommendations. Location is great to visit and not far from party area. Obrigada! Inés, Ángela e María