CoolHostel Reviews

Rua Formosa 225, Porto, Portugal

NOT SO COOL! the very first time I felt as frustrated as I did. Their policies are completely off the good vibes.. Had a long way to Porto, got in earlier than check in time,and the lobby guy didn't let me wait there:'you cannot remain on the premises'. All common areas being completely empy.Came back just ten minutes before check in, and he said the same. I couldn't wait in the lobby either. I was exhausted:he didn't care. He wouldn't give me internet passw. After checked out, he made me leave.

• 5th Dec 2014

Clean, delicious breakfest, confortable beds, cozy, great location and the price is totaly worth it. I'd never expect so much for this price.

• 20th Nov 2014

Very nice hostel Friendly staff, cool hpuse, good breakfast. I recommend it!!

Quite and Nice Hostel.Located in the downtown.Close to many historical places. Worth to stay.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • India

A very pleasant surprise when we got to our room as it was clean, spacious, good wifi, towels provided, clean spacious toilet, TV with lots of English shows and movies (extremely useful when it's raining outside). Breakfast was simple yet satisfying with toast, ham, cheese, cereals, milk, juices and coffee provided. Really enjoyed my 4 nights stay and really worth the money. It was also in a good location.

Cool Hostel is really Cool!

Great time in this place! Absolutely recommendable! :-)

My time staying at cool hostel was great! Walking distance to the city, maps available, a good breakfast and towels provided. Only downs were there was one my one bathroom/ toilet to share and entrance into the hostel was by bell and a few times we were stuck for 15 minutes waiting to be let in.

Very good hostel with a friendly and helpful staf.

This was definitely one of the best hostels i have stayed in. Very friendly family running the hostel. Very clean kitchen and bathrooms. spacious rooms and a very nice terrace. would always go back there!

Once you get over the language barrier on arrival, you find yourself in a small, well maintained and well located hostel. It had a welcoming atmosphere with many solo or coupled travellers. There is a good breakfast, nice sitting area and strong wifi.

We arrived in the middle if the night and got the most heartful welcome and a really good start to our holliday! it was absolutely lovely and i can only recommend it!

The staff was friendly (despite a pretty big language barrier) and the place was clean, however it was definitely more a quiet place for families, which isn't what we were looking for. There's not really a common area to spend time in and the vibe was pretty weird. Wouldn't go back.

Beautiful rooms and bathroom. Nice breakfast!

Really cool kitchen/Terrace area. Awesome location a few blocks off the main street. Super clean and the staff were always ready to help. The bathroom/Shower in the same room was a bit annoying. I don't mind waiting for a shower but if you need to go to the bathroom and someone;s in there showering and you have to wait 15 minutes it gets uncomfortable. Bathrooms were clean and spacious and had good water pressure and hot water.

I loved my time at this hostel staff were really warm alongside fellow travellers made the difference as i was flying solo. I recommend the walking tour for an overview of the city culture and spots to be looked at more closely when you can, aside from this there is a great pub crawl with pedro and flavia to meet peeps and go wild if wanted. The only question is beer /shot or wine ;0) that being said this ended up being a good holiday was it the portuguese charm , stunning sites or beach life ;p

• 18th Jul 2014

there´s only one bathroom on each floor...

You really get more than you pay for. Everything is really good and clean, breakfast is excellet or more important coffee is really good. The only thing thats a little less than excelent is the fact that the toilet and shower are in one room, it would be better if they were divided so you don't have to wait for showering but it is just a suggestion, not a minus.

Large rooms and kitchen and badroom-facilities above normal hostal standards.

Loved this hostel!! Our private was amazing!!! Way better then we expected!!! Location is walking distance from everything!