CoolHostel Reviews

Rua Formosa 225, Porto, Portugal

The hostel is clean and comfortable, near to most attractions. Situated in central location, there are many restaurants and other facilities nearby. However, the private room is rather small. The receptionist wasn't there at night. Overall, it is worth the money spent.

It is the best hostel I have stayed. Everything is perfect. I booked a double room which is very big and clean. The location is in the center and the fecilities are clean and beautiful. I strongly recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • China

Very nice hostel. Polite and helpful stuff, clean and cozy rooms. Clean baths, good kitchen. Great location. The only negative thing is beds! Sibgle beds in our room were awful. These cheap IKEA-beds were breaking down all the time during the night and made us very sad!

Very good hostel

NOT SO COOL! the very first time I felt as frustrated as I did. Their policies are completely off the good vibes.. Had a long way to Porto, got in earlier than check in time,and the lobby guy didn't let me wait there:'you cannot remain on the premises'. All common areas being completely empy.Came back just ten minutes before check in, and he said the same. I couldn't wait in the lobby either. I was exhausted:he didn't care. He wouldn't give me internet passw. After checked out, he made me leave.

• 5th Dec 2014

Chegou as 10h foi informada de que o check in começa a partir das 14h e o check out as 12h,guardamos a bagagem para quando voltasse mas insistiu em querer entrar as 10h voltou antes das 14h novamente para entrar nao querendo saber que todos os hospedes podem ficar até as 12 h e temos até as 14h para limpar e preparar o hostel para a chegada de novos hospedes,no check out foi a mesma coisa saiu mais tarde do que o permitido uma má experiencia com uma hospede que não respeitas as regras .

Clean, delicious breakfest, confortable beds, cozy, great location and the price is totaly worth it. I'd never expect so much for this price.

• 20th Nov 2014

Very nice hostel Friendly staff, cool hpuse, good breakfast. I recommend it!!

Quite and Nice Hostel.Located in the downtown.Close to many historical places. Worth to stay.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • India

A very pleasant surprise when we got to our room as it was clean, spacious, good wifi, towels provided, clean spacious toilet, TV with lots of English shows and movies (extremely useful when it's raining outside). Breakfast was simple yet satisfying with toast, ham, cheese, cereals, milk, juices and coffee provided. Really enjoyed my 4 nights stay and really worth the money. It was also in a good location.

Cool Hostel is really Cool!

Great time in this place! Absolutely recommendable! :-)

My time staying at cool hostel was great! Walking distance to the city, maps available, a good breakfast and towels provided. Only downs were there was one my one bathroom/ toilet to share and entrance into the hostel was by bell and a few times we were stuck for 15 minutes waiting to be let in.

Very good hostel with a friendly and helpful staf.

This was definitely one of the best hostels i have stayed in. Very friendly family running the hostel. Very clean kitchen and bathrooms. spacious rooms and a very nice terrace. would always go back there!

Once you get over the language barrier on arrival, you find yourself in a small, well maintained and well located hostel. It had a welcoming atmosphere with many solo or coupled travellers. There is a good breakfast, nice sitting area and strong wifi.

We arrived in the middle if the night and got the most heartful welcome and a really good start to our holliday! it was absolutely lovely and i can only recommend it!

The staff was friendly (despite a pretty big language barrier) and the place was clean, however it was definitely more a quiet place for families, which isn't what we were looking for. There's not really a common area to spend time in and the vibe was pretty weird. Wouldn't go back.

Beautiful rooms and bathroom. Nice breakfast!

Really cool kitchen/Terrace area. Awesome location a few blocks off the main street. Super clean and the staff were always ready to help. The bathroom/Shower in the same room was a bit annoying. I don't mind waiting for a shower but if you need to go to the bathroom and someone;s in there showering and you have to wait 15 minutes it gets uncomfortable. Bathrooms were clean and spacious and had good water pressure and hot water.