CoolHostel Reviews

Rua Formosa 225, Porto, Portugal

Thete were a few times when we went to the evening staff and they only spoke Portugese or Spanish, and so we couldn't successfully communicate. I found the lack of social atmosphere unwelcoming and boring. When staff left for the day, they did not pass on info to the next staff, so you had to wait for that particular staff to be back on shift in order to get the info

Very good value for money, as the CoolHostel was by far the cheapest for the night I took, and it was really good. Clean, pleasant rooms (feel home in this place in some way, easy to be at ease). The staff is helpful, and the breakfast is also nice. There is a bell at the entrance for safety. Does it make more safe, I'm not sure, but it's there. Only bad point: there are very few/not enough plugs in the bedrooms to even have the bed lights working, not mentioning charging a phone...

the hostel was good for it's price. Nice rooms and perfect location. Not always a hot shower and no atmosphere at all though....not very good to meet other travellers, cos there's no common rooms or anything and you always have to be quiet to not wake up the whole house.

We had a very pleasant stay at CoolHostel. Staff at the reception was very kind and helpful, everything was very clean and our bedroom was nice and comfortable. Its location is perfect, as it's not in the very center but you can easily reach it with a 10 minutes walk; the street is very lively during the day but quiet at night.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Spain

COOL HOSTEL INDEED!!! We are so impressed with this Hostel. The staff are wonderful! The whole hostel atmosphere is very cool, extremely clean, in excellent location, amazing value for your money, very updated, rooms are comfortable and spacious, bathrooms are super clean and updated, breakfast is good. Location is near restaurants, supermarkets, very safe, absolutely COOL AND AMAZING!!!

The hostel is really nice and the staff is very kind and helpful. The private room is big and really comfortable. I strongly recommend this hostel.

Good breakfast, nice bedroom, clean bathrooms. Everything simple but very nice.

The hostel is clean and comfortable, near to most attractions. Situated in central location, there are many restaurants and other facilities nearby. However, the private room is rather small. The receptionist wasn't there at night. Overall, it is worth the money spent.

It is the best hostel I have stayed. Everything is perfect. I booked a double room which is very big and clean. The location is in the center and the fecilities are clean and beautiful. I strongly recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • China

Very nice hostel. Polite and helpful stuff, clean and cozy rooms. Clean baths, good kitchen. Great location. The only negative thing is beds! Sibgle beds in our room were awful. These cheap IKEA-beds were breaking down all the time during the night and made us very sad!

Very good hostel

great location and clean room,definitely worth the money

NOT SO COOL! the very first time I felt as frustrated as I did. Their policies are completely off the good vibes.. Had a long way to Porto, got in earlier than check in time,and the lobby guy didn't let me wait there:'you cannot remain on the premises'. All common areas being completely empy.Came back just ten minutes before check in, and he said the same. I couldn't wait in the lobby either. I was exhausted:he didn't care. He wouldn't give me internet passw. After checked out, he made me leave.

• 5th Dec 2014

Chegou as 10h foi informada de que o check in começa a partir das 14h e o check out as 12h,guardamos a bagagem para quando voltasse mas insistiu em querer entrar as 10h voltou antes das 14h novamente para entrar nao querendo saber que todos os hospedes podem ficar até as 12 h e temos até as 14h para limpar e preparar o hostel para a chegada de novos hospedes,no check out foi a mesma coisa saiu mais tarde do que o permitido uma má experiencia com uma hospede que não respeitas as regras .