CoolHostel Reviews

Rua Formosa 225, Porto, Portugal

Eventhough it was just a night, I have to say that the staff and owner Have been so nice to us. they even give us the breakfast included 15 minuts earlier because of our time leaving. Ana is very nice woman who take care very much of the guest staying. I recomend the hostel everyone. You will feel like at home. my father is going back with his partner again.

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Spain

nice people, nice and friendly staff, clean, 24h reception, warm shower, kitchen opened for use till night, embarassing terrasse, breakfast okay........ for that money a good place to stay. also next to the market, nice shops, the mains shoppingarea, I LIKE

Thank you! Everything was good.

This hostel is ruined by its staff : rude, not helpful. There is nothing organized to entertain guests. Don't go there, there are better hostels in Porto.

This hostel is very very quiet and def not a party hostel. Good for families. The common room is not so inviting to hang out, and I found it quite hard to meet people here (was travelling by myself). There are only 3 bathrooms for the whole hostel, so if 3 people are showering, you cant even brush your teeth. That was quite annoying. Apart from that, the location is really really good and everything else was fine.

Coolhostel is great! We had a nice stay there. Staff is incredibly smiley and nice. They helped us with our parking issues and made good recommendations. Location is great to visit and not far from party area. Obrigada! Inés, Ángela e María

It was a good hostel ! Clean, nice,.... But maybe not enough bathrooms and a bar with some drinks would be a plus :)

Very nice hostel with very friendly staff! The hostel was clean and the rooms were nicely decorated.

Everything was perfect here! The location, the breakfast, the rooms, bathrooms and the staff as well! I will definitely come back here once!

just go down the street and you are already at Liberdade square! the hostel has a really familiar atmosphere

Cleanest hostel ever...Breakfast is quite good and filling for a hostel, get more than bread and coffee. Bathrooms very clean and modern. Chill place overall.

The staff were very kind and welcoming, the place was kept so clean and tidy, the breakfast was was exactly what you needed, the bathrooms were spacious and clean, the terrace caught the sun from 11am onwards, the reception was 24hrs and accomodating, the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly - everything was perfect!!

• 30th Jun 2015

Even thou they were remodeling at the moment, the staff did a great job acommodating us, findig us a shuttle to go back to the airport, and got us tickets for a city tour! It was a great stay and I would defenitively recommend it! Only thing I can complain about is that they didnt have AC, still it was a summer night and the temperature wasnt that bad. Also there is a bus station literally 20 feet from the door! Very usefull! Would repeat experience

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Puerto Rico

The hostel was really well located and the breakfast was good. The staff was really friendly but spoke limited english.

Thete were a few times when we went to the evening staff and they only spoke Portugese or Spanish, and so we couldn't successfully communicate. I found the lack of social atmosphere unwelcoming and boring. When staff left for the day, they did not pass on info to the next staff, so you had to wait for that particular staff to be back on shift in order to get the info

Very good value for money, as the CoolHostel was by far the cheapest for the night I took, and it was really good. Clean, pleasant rooms (feel home in this place in some way, easy to be at ease). The staff is helpful, and the breakfast is also nice. There is a bell at the entrance for safety. Does it make more safe, I'm not sure, but it's there. Only bad point: there are very few/not enough plugs in the bedrooms to even have the bed lights working, not mentioning charging a phone...

the hostel was good for it's price. Nice rooms and perfect location. Not always a hot shower and no atmosphere at all though....not very good to meet other travellers, cos there's no common rooms or anything and you always have to be quiet to not wake up the whole house.