CoolHostel Reviews

Rua Formosa 225, Porto, Portugal

Once you get over the language barrier on arrival, you find yourself in a small, well maintained and well located hostel. It had a welcoming atmosphere with many solo or coupled travellers. There is a good breakfast, nice sitting area and strong wifi.

We arrived in the middle if the night and got the most heartful welcome and a really good start to our holliday! it was absolutely lovely and i can only recommend it!

The staff was friendly (despite a pretty big language barrier) and the place was clean, however it was definitely more a quiet place for families, which isn't what we were looking for. There's not really a common area to spend time in and the vibe was pretty weird. Wouldn't go back.

Beautiful rooms and bathroom. Nice breakfast!

Really cool kitchen/Terrace area. Awesome location a few blocks off the main street. Super clean and the staff were always ready to help. The bathroom/Shower in the same room was a bit annoying. I don't mind waiting for a shower but if you need to go to the bathroom and someone;s in there showering and you have to wait 15 minutes it gets uncomfortable. Bathrooms were clean and spacious and had good water pressure and hot water.

I loved my time at this hostel staff were really warm alongside fellow travellers made the difference as i was flying solo. I recommend the walking tour for an overview of the city culture and spots to be looked at more closely when you can, aside from this there is a great pub crawl with pedro and flavia to meet peeps and go wild if wanted. The only question is beer /shot or wine ;0) that being said this ended up being a good holiday was it the portuguese charm , stunning sites or beach life ;p

• 18th Jul 2014

there´s only one bathroom on each floor...

You really get more than you pay for. Everything is really good and clean, breakfast is excellet or more important coffee is really good. The only thing thats a little less than excelent is the fact that the toilet and shower are in one room, it would be better if they were divided so you don't have to wait for showering but it is just a suggestion, not a minus.

Large rooms and kitchen and badroom-facilities above normal hostal standards.

Loved this hostel!! Our private was amazing!!! Way better then we expected!!! Location is walking distance from everything!

staff very nice,try their best to help you, good breakfast,great location

I really enjoyed this hostel! The staff was great property clean and location convenient.

• 29th Jun 2014

Had an excellent stay! The staff were very friendly and gave us useful information. And the breakfasts were great!

• 24th Jun 2014

Bruno, Andrea, thank you very much for being such a great hosts! Jan and Ivo

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very peaceful and ambient, which made me felt very at home. Room very clean. Staffs super nice, helped me navigate the city and recommended some restaurant. Superb location, can walk to places in old town/the bridge, close to metro (to airport/train station). Only one bathroom on the floor I stayed (2nd). The staff told us we can use those on other floors too. Although I didn't have to do that, there could be glitches at times of high occupancy. Overall I love it, high price-value performance!

The toilets are not enough for all the people, I always have to wait for it. Location is good and the breakfast is really nice :)

Loved it!

I had a great stay and enjoyed the free breakfast. Perfect location!

Great place and amazing value for money! Comfortable, easy to find and very central in Porto, between the beautiful historic center and the best night spots in town. Extremely clean too! AND BREAKFAST. So nice to have breakfast with the lovely staff to make you feel totally at ease. Recommended!

• 22nd May 2014
  • Spain

Such a lovely place and lovely owners! Very friendly, clean and helpful! Coolhostel is very well located and easy to reach with the subway from the airport. We stayed there in a private room (the blue one) and very much enjoyed our stay. Porto is a beautiful, beautiful city and this hostel makes it complete!