CoolHostel Reviews

Rua Formosa 225, Porto, Portugal

Even thou they were remodeling at the moment, the staff did a great job acommodating us, findig us a shuttle to go back to the airport, and got us tickets for a city tour! It was a great stay and I would defenitively recommend it! Only thing I can complain about is that they didnt have AC, still it was a summer night and the temperature wasnt that bad. Also there is a bus station literally 20 feet from the door! Very usefull! Would repeat experience

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Puerto Rico

The hostel was really well located and the breakfast was good. The staff was really friendly but spoke limited english.

Thete were a few times when we went to the evening staff and they only spoke Portugese or Spanish, and so we couldn't successfully communicate. I found the lack of social atmosphere unwelcoming and boring. When staff left for the day, they did not pass on info to the next staff, so you had to wait for that particular staff to be back on shift in order to get the info

Very good value for money, as the CoolHostel was by far the cheapest for the night I took, and it was really good. Clean, pleasant rooms (feel home in this place in some way, easy to be at ease). The staff is helpful, and the breakfast is also nice. There is a bell at the entrance for safety. Does it make more safe, I'm not sure, but it's there. Only bad point: there are very few/not enough plugs in the bedrooms to even have the bed lights working, not mentioning charging a phone...

the hostel was good for it's price. Nice rooms and perfect location. Not always a hot shower and no atmosphere at all though....not very good to meet other travellers, cos there's no common rooms or anything and you always have to be quiet to not wake up the whole house.

We had a very pleasant stay at CoolHostel. Staff at the reception was very kind and helpful, everything was very clean and our bedroom was nice and comfortable. Its location is perfect, as it's not in the very center but you can easily reach it with a 10 minutes walk; the street is very lively during the day but quiet at night.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Spain

COOL HOSTEL INDEED!!! We are so impressed with this Hostel. The staff are wonderful! The whole hostel atmosphere is very cool, extremely clean, in excellent location, amazing value for your money, very updated, rooms are comfortable and spacious, bathrooms are super clean and updated, breakfast is good. Location is near restaurants, supermarkets, very safe, absolutely COOL AND AMAZING!!!

The hostel is really nice and the staff is very kind and helpful. The private room is big and really comfortable. I strongly recommend this hostel.

Good breakfast, nice bedroom, clean bathrooms. Everything simple but very nice.

The hostel is clean and comfortable, near to most attractions. Situated in central location, there are many restaurants and other facilities nearby. However, the private room is rather small. The receptionist wasn't there at night. Overall, it is worth the money spent.

It is the best hostel I have stayed. Everything is perfect. I booked a double room which is very big and clean. The location is in the center and the fecilities are clean and beautiful. I strongly recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2015