Copacabana 4U Reviews

Travessa Guimarães Natal . nº 6, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Breakfast is poor, toilets are dirty and the atmosphere is aweful. The staff forgot to confirm my booking (I had my confirmation email) and for the first I there were no beds available, so I had to sleep with the staff in a really small and unclean room with no window. Price is much more than this place deserve. Worst hostel I've ever been.

• 21st Aug 2015

I dont Know how to explain. Staff is very very good. Clanliness left much to be desired and rooms are too dark. But when it comes to the money, its completely worthwhile.

• 17th Apr 2015

The hostel is located close to the beach (5 min) and really close to a Metro Station and bus stops to go around Rio so that is nice. The room I got was a shared room for 6, it was not too big but I had my locker to keep my things safe. The Hostel Staff was excellent, they were really nice and always there for helping you and giving you a hand, really lovely people.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Chile

Very dirty hostel, seems like the rooms where not cleaned for 6 month and the bathrooms about 1xweek. There are just 3 bathrooms for all the hosts and they are stinking the whole time. The room was very small for 9 people. Aircon was not working.

Dear, Thanks for your comment. Please be advised that we have staff cleaning the Hostel 24 hours per day, the air conditioner is turned on whenever requested and altogether we have 9 bathrooms in our Hostel. Hopefully another opportunity to assess properly. Thank you.

Ver dirty place. Not enough badrooms, but the location is good.

We have nine bathrooms in our house.

Pictures were deceiving, not a nice hostel to stay. The room I was in smelled, not enough toilets only 3. Internet didn't work well and only worked at the reception or at the bar which was too dark. They did have TV which was working fine and showed English programmes. Staff were nice but not organised enough. Kitchen was too small, need to do a lot of cleaning there and lacking a lot of things.

Will not recommend staying at this hostel.

• 18th Jul 2014

we stayed here during the world cup final and were basically shoved into the basement, leaking AC dirty toilet and shower!! not worth £10 a night let alone the £50 we had to pay each a night!!

This place is really for people....how don't care either to sleep on the street or in this place. It worst than a immigration detention center. The staff is mean....the sheet are old and they rent the towels. They don't put toilet paper in the restrooms. The cabinets are broken....etc etc. I have traveled in other latinamerican countries but this is insane....

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Great location, close to the beach and to the metro. The staff was friendly and always there to help. The cleaning staff did a good job at keeping the place clean after all the messy guests. Bathrooms are limited and during "rush" hours you could be waiting a bit so plan accordingly if you have to #2.

Improve the cleanliness!!

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

It's good to get a hostel quite cheap close to Copacabana but for what I paid I was entirely unimpressed. Just quite dirty, the beds were awful and mouldy and I'd hate to be someone who got stuck on the top of a triple bunk bed! The place smelt quite musty and the bathrooms were very dirty and there weren't enough! Great location though, and good breakfast.

The hostel has a good location close to the beach and the metro, however there was no atmosphere in the place at all - the large roof terrace, which would have made an amazing bar, was given over to a camping area (the bar was shoved into the basement). This, combined with the triple deck bunk beds, gave the impression that the hostel was just trying to cram in as many bodies as possible at the expense of the hostel experience. There were not enough bathrooms to cope either. I wouldn't stay agai

It was located on a small hill and you might miss it. the staffs were nice. Found cockroach in the toilet. It is a good place if you just need a bed.

I've travelled all around the world, and stayed really in a lot of hostels, but this was by far the most painful experience i've ever had.. The staff was unknowing about the place and tours, they've put us downstairs in the top beds with our nose against the ceiling, the place was everywhere smelly and nasty, the bar wasn't open, the showers we're cold and the breakfast was really poor.. Normally I'll never leave comments, but this time I really needed to.. As you can see, please don't go here!

• 30th May 2014

Great location! Everything else is average at best. If you're looking for a place for the World Cup look else where!! For what they are charging you'll find much nicer for cheaper. Pretty average atmosphere, rude staff (except a few), and always dirty, and if you can manage the tiny kitchen and that the place smells like a public toilet you'll be fine. Very much get what you pay for. Won't go back there.

Good value foroney. Excellent location. Kitchen is lack of cooking tools. אחלה הוסטל.

Thanks for the comments, good to know we are meeting the expectations of our guests. The Israelis are always welcome here.

Had a great time! Incredible location and great value for price!

Obrigado por vir, foi um prazer recebe-lo.

Great hostel, really nice location near the metro, buses and supermarket. Copacabana is a good neighborhood. The staf is nice and they speak quite well english. Only the kitchen can be improved, there are only a few equipments.

Good hostel! The staff are really friendly. The rooms are pretty basic but nothing to complain about. Internet comes and goes, the toilets are not super clean but again no problem for a cheap hostel.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels