Copenhagen Backpackers

7.8
Very Good 472 Total Reviews

22nd Feb 2017
7.7

The hostel presents itself as cozy, but I call it cramped. The business model is to pack 38 travelers in a small flat, give them 2 toilets and a shower room with 3 cramped improvised showers. If you are shy, get use to it as there is no privacy here. My small 6 bed dorm room consists of two 3 level bunks with very little room between them. If this hostel represents Danish hygge, then I know what the word cozy means.

11th Feb 2017
2.9

I payed for a 6-dorm room, I ended up in a 8-dorm room. Security is a joke, there is no lock in the room, so practically anyone can walk inside your room. There are no curtains in the toilets, the neighbours can see you "doing the job". Showers super dirty.

27th Jan 2017
8.0

It was a nice stay and me and my girlfriend enjoyed it. By the way I find it very uncomfortable to make hosts pay 100 DKK fee for arrival later than 22:30. It is an hostel and I'm expecting this to happen, when you travel with backpack you never know exactly at what time you are arriving and arriving after 22:30 happens. Paying almost half of the price for a night in addition just because of an arrival 15 minutes after 22:30 is really senseless !

• Hungary, Female, 25-30
22nd Jan 2017

Such a lovely, cozy place, had a really good rest, needed it! Thank you!!! It was so easy to find, and it means something if I say it because I get lost everywhere. Also very relaxing and welcoming, lovely people and overall just a great experience, perfect if you need somewhere to recharge batteries!

• Czech Republic, Mixed Group, 31-40
20th Oct 2016

Lovely staff and cute place with great location.

9th Oct 2016
5.7

Easily the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The cramped rooms are packed full of beds, and the doors don't even have locks - so anyone in the hostel can walk in. The communal showers (usually not a problem) also have to be experienced to be believed. They're just plain weird. Its a shame, as the location is awesome, in walking distance from everything in Copenhagen, and the staff are friendly and are doing their best.

1st Oct 2016
6.9

My review should be taken lightly, as I only stayed overnight and then left the next morning. I really loved the staff at CB, they were quite helpful. The bathrooms were a little gross and the water was cold (no water pressure). The beds were rather lovely for privacy. However, not really any community. Even though I didn't have it, the breakfast looked really good.

• USA, Male, 41+
26th Sep 2016

The receptionists were all very very warm and professional. They answered all our questions patiently and guided gud very well. V enjoyed our stay and I would recommend this to anybody.. Thanks...

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Sep 2016

Fantastic stay here (my first time using a hostel!). Staff were lovely, everywhere was spotless, really great location - will definitely use on my next trip back to Copenhagen!

• Taiwan, Female, 25-30
11th Sep 2016

The staff in the hostel was really nice. The location is perfect and quiet just behind the centeal station.