Copenhagen Backpackers Reviews

Reventlowsgade 10A, Copenhagen, Denmark

I am traveling around world and this hostel is one of the worst. I payed 320DKK (roughly 50 euros) for one night in trash-like 12 bed-dormitory. Its original price was 220DKK, but this hostel requested additional fee of 100DKK for late check-in, which is almost half price of accomodation! And when I asked the staff to check availability of 1 more night, he said I have to check it tomorrow as well as pay for accomodation. I did wonder why I had to pay 100DKK fee then if I coudn't do anything.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Really nice hostel. Great location, nice common area. But the dorms are really tightly packed. I could smell the breath of the guy below, who was snoring and coughing and spluttering all night.

Copenhagen Backpackers is small, so there's a great atmosphere, coupled with lovely staff, very good facilities and a nice breakfast. The location is excellent (we didn't use any public transport during our time in Copenhagen, except to get from the airport). I particularly liked that each bed was like an individually curtained cubicle, but I unfortunately didn't sleep very well because of the very bright emergency exit light shining into my bed. Otherwise we loved it!

Staff was extremely helpfull and friendly. Notice the 50 kroner linen charge

A good hostel in a great location right next to the train station.

Our stay in this hostel was simply FANTASTIC. It was the first time we choose a huge mixed dorm, and we were a bit worried about facts like privacy and security: all our doubts were destroyed, we felt immediately and incredibly like home. We met fantastic people, and these people made our stay unforgettable as long as the staff. Of course this wonderful and shareful atmosphere was made possible thanks to the staff, and to facts like the large common room, which made easy meeting people!

• 29th Jul 2014

It was a pretty tiny room for a 6 bed. There were only 2 toilets and 3 showers for the entire hostel- always had to wait to go to the washroom. Had bikes for rent which is nice. Right by Tivoli park, but behind the train station with lots of bums. Doors to room don't lock. And lockers in room were super small! You have to pay extra for bedding, even if you have your own. Curtain hung over ladder to upper bunk, so the girl on the top had a rough time getting up and down..

Yeahhhhh this place is ok. when i arrived i heard an american guy explain to fellow backpackers that this was the best hostel ever, i wanted to slap him. like the staff are great, u can sleep in till 12, breakfast is sweet!! however, it seems to attract a slightly older, more serious crowd... everyone is tiptoeing around like there staying at there grandparents house, bring your knitting needles

Everything about this hostel is warm and welcoming! The staff are excellent, I was going to be in Copenhagen earlier then check in and the staff allowed me to drop my bags off early. Check in was a breeze and the staff are absolutely lovely to chat to! The only concerns are that there are no locks on the door rooms, but everyone is super friendly anyway so there is no concern that your gear can be nicked. Also the shower floods a bit, so bring flip flops! Super clean, super location, super staff

Great wifi, i like the electronic locks for the doors (well to get in the building). there is no one really at the desk at night, but the hostel is out of the way (through a locked courtyard) so i dont imagine anyone strolling in by change. rooms dont have locks but the lockers are good. Beds are great with curtains - this should be a standard! its near the central station. not super close to city centre, but not super far either. its expensive - but that's denmark! showers good, toilets good.

Great place, very helpful staff.

PROS: Nice sitting area Close to the main train station (it is literally across the street) CONS: No kitchen No TV Doesn't accept credit cards

Good wifi. Small but friendly hostel.

Great hostel with clean facilities and right next to the train station! Each bed had a curtain and a private light and outlet! However, there were only 2 toilets for the whole hostel and it didn't have the best hostel culture I've ever experienced. However it was a good value for the money and we had a good stay there!

Beds are sturdy, rooms are small but well arranged. Wifi could not connect to my old pc. Good breakfast for 45 dkr Electric sockets in beds should be replaced regularly , they are very worn out and hard to make contact Parking is murder in demmark, dont bring car unless desperately needed. Pack light if possible.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Too less toilet and shower room for total number of the guest. The location was very great.

A very enjoyable experience staying at this hostel. Clean facilities, ideally placed by the train station and supplying all I needed. A special mention, as a seasoned hostel user, goes to the staff, who I found to be relaxed, friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. The time taken to explain the process when I wanted to get to Malmo during the train strike was very much appreciated. I would hope that these efforts and more are recognised as much by the management as they were by myself. Thank You

I enjoyed my stay! Great staff, location right next to the railwaystation. Dorms felt like a little private rooms because there was these curtains/cloths. I would go there again!

Easy to find from the central train station, only a couple minutes walking, yet still a quiet location. The staff was very helpful. You can purchase breakfast and/or coffee- great for starting the day.

• 3rd Jun 2014

I really liked my stay. The common areas are nice and cozy. The privacy curtains on each bunk bed is a welcome addition. My only issue were the showers, only three of them for everyone, low water pressure and hard to dress as you need to do it on the shower stall. Other than that, the place is great and the staff is excellent.

« first « Prev 1 2 3