Copinha Hostel Reviews

Rua Felipe de Oliveira, 11, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

great location, small rooms, not all of the staff guys are kind

-no lockers in the room (just outside in the hallway, dirty and small) - mould is basically everywhere in the Hostel (too bad that most of the rooms dont have windows - breathing masks required if you want to get some sleep) - the ac was installed 10cm infront of the bed where my boyfriend was supposed to sleep (according to the staff changing the room or even the bed was not possible) - poorest breakfast I had on my entire travel in Brasil - never ever i would stay there again

Friendly staff, good price, convenient location but "breakfast" was quite a disappointment. Only a roll and small amount of fruit. A disappointment!

The rooms are too small for 6. The night guy was aufull and very not nice when i arrived

There are too many beds in the little rooms. They should have maximum 4 beds instead of 6 beds. There is no space to put the luggages and backpacks. The lockers outside the bedrooms are too small. The breakfast is too poor, just one bread, milk and coffe and you´re not allowed to ask for more bread. I booked a 6 bed male room but when I arrived there, they said that there is no male room!!

Is a good hostel, the staff is always helpful but the breakfast is very poor (only one bread, coffee and juice). The rooms are fine but not for long stay as they don´t have space to hang or put any stuff apart from the locker outside the rooms. Is the second time I stay there and can say they have improved since then. Aircon in the rooms are also very nice even when I had to sleep with the aircon almost on my bed (higher part of a bunk bed). Cleanliness can also be improved. Overall is a ok plac

Good location. Facilities are just ok.

Location is very good. As a couple I wouldn't book the private suite, cause it's located right at the entrance at the reception under the stairs with the only window facing the hallway. Meaning, it may get really loud! Staff is really friendly and helpful. Breakfast is sparse

Staff very friendly but not the most knowledgeable. Breakfast was very weak, some days only bread, I would recommend adding at least a fruit.

The common area (as well as the breakfast area) was a bit in the small side. The staff was very nice and helpful.

They gave us a double bedroom in front of the reception desk, with no windows, only a small hatch to the main corridor/common area! That meant *zero* privacy and a lot of noise at night. Actually, during the official "silence hours", some other guests (among them some very rude Israelis) started playing the guitar and singing right next to our room. I couldn't sleep until they stopped at 1pm. The breakfast was ridiculous, go have it anywhere else.

The best staff, thank you. But, The beds could be better. And, the hostel was completely empty and they put me in a bedroom with two noisy guys, I still don't understand.

Cleanliness of the bathrooms (ensuites) could be a bit better. Apart from that, the staff were great. Very knowledgable and accommodating. The breakfast was great and despite the language barrier the non-reception staff were fantastic and helpful. Maybe have some more maps available at reception though?

Everything OK for low budget travellers, the bed was a bit hard (personal opinion)

Located at the very end of copacabana towards Leme. It's close to the beach but a long walk to ipanema and leblon. There are three computers but you have to pay to go on the internet. Small breakfast. Bunkbeads even in the double rooms. Very uncomfortable beds.

I would say I had the most amazing time in Copinha. My mates from work also rated the Hostel very high. I personally can say that I made excellent friends & I love all the members of the Staff in Copinha. They were friendly as well as professional to me! The atmosphere at the Hostel was great! I loved the breakfast! The lady who work at the kitchen 'Dona Socorro' that's her name, she was absolutely amazing & a mother to me. I will never forget her & all the staff to Denis,Jean,Rita,Marcia &othes

• 27th Jul 2011
  • British Virgin Islands

Nice quiet hostel but with HORRIBLY uncomfortable beds. It also gets quite hot in the rooms as there's little ventilation.

Great place! The staff is very kind, the location is excellent, the room is cleaned every morning. Recommend it!

very nice

Brilliant hostel, the friendliest and most helpful staff. Well located in Copacabana. I stayed here for carnaval and had a brilliant time. Only criticisms would be that dorms arent the most modern and only one plug socket in room for 6 girls! Id stay here again, mainly because of the staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3