Coral Beach Lodge (Port O’Call YHA) Reviews

7 Craven Close, Port Douglas, Australia

Fantastic outdoor spaces, loved that each room had its own bathroom and outdoor area, and good storage space. Very helpful staff

As far as hostels go , this place was great. Everything you need for your stay to be comfy . Tom the manager always happy to help with a big smile. He was great

• 14th Aug 2015

The best I have ever stayed in. Spotless room, sensational location just near the beach and brilliant service too. The Internet was fast and FREE!! They booked us on a wonderfully small reef trip and gave us maps and tips to explore the area. We extended our stay and will come back.

• 12th Aug 2015

Good hostel. It would be even better if they could lend/rent bikes there. It is about 15/20 mins from main activities and you don't always feel like walking back and forth 4 times a day... I understand that this is their plan to provide this service soon. Nice staff. Helpful with bookings of local activities. However, I did not see any much effort put into creating an atmosphere amongst residents, which seems to be much more difficult to do than 30 yeas ago...

• 11th Aug 2015

Great hostel with great staff. Stayed in one of the doubles which has just been refurbished. Spacious, clean and comfy.

Would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Port Douglas. The staff were lovely and very helpful - they helped book a couple of trips for me. The hostel is nice and chilled with a great little pool and free wifi. Only 10-15 minute walk to the main town and beach. Good sized kitchen which is kept clean at all times. Would definitely go back!

Would be nice to have lockers in the rooms or a secondary place to lock up valuables during the day. (i.e. my laptop)

• 1st Apr 2015

Unlimited wifi is the most impressive for me

Good clean hostel with nice amenities.

Best hostel I stayed in! Really good atmosphere and the staff is the best! Everbody was always smiling and so nice. Was there for 1 week and felt really sad when I had to leave ;)

• 7th Mar 2015

Nice place to stay, relaxed and familiar atmosphere, very friendly and always helpful staff! I can absolutely recommend a stay at Port O'Call :)

Loved this hostel! I swapped to here from a hostel more central at the last minute and am really glad I did. The staff were really friendly and the rooms were some of the cleanest I've seen in any hostel I've stayed in. Also loved having a fridge and iPod dock in the room, made it even better! Plus the wifi was free and I got coverage everywhere which is always a bonus :) would definitely recommend this hostel!

What did I like...... The room was large, the bathroom spotless and my room mates cool. The huge guest kitchen was well equipped and clean and the TV room showed new release movies. The wifi was super fast and FREEEEEE!!! BUT the best thing ever was the 5 minute walk to the beach. And I extended ... and I extended again...

The only drawback was no lockers in rooms, but else very nice!

Bit of a walk to shops/eating area.. but only 15 mins and we like a good walk after eating out!! Staff v friendly and helpful. Aircon only on 6.30pm - 7.30am but shouldn't be in your room in the day anyway!! Room (double) was spacious. Had fridge and kettle. Towels provided for shower. Pool area good and gets sunlight all day. Was very satisfied.

It's a little walk into town but worth it for staying in such a lovely hostel. There a good kitchen and lots of communal areas. Really enjoyable stay. Lovely rooms aswell!

• 22nd Nov 2014

This is the best hostel I have stayed in, during my month long trip up the eastcoast. The owner Tom is such a wonderful and funny guy and the staff in general are so nice and helpful. We really felt at home here and had a really good time at the hostel.

It's a nice hostel with a pool but a bit too far from the shops. They should start hiring bikes, it would make moving around easier. Aircon was on only from 6:30 pm till 8:30 am which was not enough in the tropics. Should be kept on all day. The dining area was outside so it was uncomfortable to have your meals in the hot

The staff was the friendliest bunch of people that we met on our holiday. They were helpful, kind, and always ready with a funny joke or time. There were lots of activities to do, including ping pong, pool, games and darts. Also, there was a very good kitchen/bar that was a decent value for the money. The food was very good. The place is definitely a budget accommodation, but it was clean and taken care of.

Really nice hostel, quiet atmosphere. The best of all was Tom, such a nice person! Always willing to help and always with a smile on his face. :-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5