Corcovado Rio Hostel Reviews

Ladeira dos Guararapes 169, Cosme Velho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I was not expecting a fancy birthday party, felt uncomfortable and upset I couldn't socialize with other guests - I actually didn't see other guests during my stay, so I didn't feel I was in a hostel... I also was expecting to feel like in family, as per the descriptions, but what I saw was a father working hard and the children (teenagers!) not helping at all... sad! With so much green, they were suppose to have more sustainable actions, but they don't even sort the garbage for recycling...

The hostel has a beautiful courtyard/pool area. The rooms have small lockers for your things. It's in a quiet location and has a great bus depot to connect to the rest of the city just a few minutes walk away. Breakfast is decent, and is good value for money, when it's not Carnival prices. The owner is nice and helpful. The bathrooms could be cleaned more often. A good hostel overall and I definitely recommend.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels