Cordial House Hostel Reviews

Divanyolu Caddesi Peykane Sokak No:19, Istanbul, Turkey

staff is very helpful and nice ! and best location ! tramstop is in 2 min.

Great location. The bathrooms are a little run down, but clean.

Would have been great to have ACin the rooms and also have wifi work in the rooms. Apart from that it was a good hostel, nothing special but good value for money

A haven in the bustling city. Very supportive staff.

• 30th Aug 2015

The hostel staff were snappy and not very nice to me until they screwed up my laundry and felt bad then tried to fix it. Long story short, they cost me the chance to experience Istanbul's music/bar scene on my only evening there, AND I didn't have clean/dry clothes to attend a music festival with (in Belgium) the next day.

Clean, friendly and very helpful. Big room with ensuite bathroom. Five minute walk from the Blue Mosque and other main sights.

laundry was very expensıve!

We didn't get any information at the arrival. Didn't knew that there was a tourist information, kitchen or a chill room or breakfast untill our last day at the hostel. Closing our rooms door wasn't easy and they didn't explained it. We ordered and paid for a private room with one double bed en got 2 single beds. the ladies bathroom was very very dirty!

Great location. Good breakfast but extra money. No ac in the rooms and it is very hot! Bathrooms need a deep cleaning. Staff is friendly but do not always speak English so it was hard to pay for a while.

• 25th Jul 2015

The dorms do not have lockers neither key. I Was in the 10 people dorm and it does not have AC, just one fan that can not be regulated. The hotel is very clean and very well situated near the Blue Mosk and grand bazaar

The hostel is in the very city centre and close to many landmarks and key locations. There were shops and cafes around. I got to the hostel very easily from airport thanks to the Cordial's direction description. And the hostel just 2 min away from the tram stop. The room was clean and tidy. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Now about drawbacks: it was way too hot in the room as the air circulation was zero and we had only ceiling fan. There were not enough sockets, only one for 6 ppl.

Good place :)

Location was great - just up the road from Blue Mosque. Facilities were also good and beds were very comfortable. Downside is the hostel's atmosphere. Not really a place to meet other people (more like a hotel really). We also stayed in an 8 bed dorm with only one key between us. Not ideal when people are always coming and going at different times.

I got a locker for free, even though they told me I had to pay which was nice. The hostel is centrally located and right next to two supermarkets. Good place in Sultanahmed, and very good price!

The sytem with one key for a room with 10 persons does not work. A big hostel like this one should have an electronic card system. The kithchen for quests is small and does not have cups, spoons etc.The fridge is too small.

• 3rd Jun 2015

My misfortune was staying during the visit of a HUGE group of shrieking girls from Holland. One roomful on the same floor I was on were up all night carousing in the halls with NO regard for other guests/paying customers/staff. I may have called them "self-centered effing bitches" at 3 a.m. one night, which of course did not help. Only drugs and earplugs helped the immediate problem. I should have requested a room change immediately. Their behavior was appalling and unfairly created ill-will.