Cordial House Hostel Reviews

Divanyolu Caddesi Peykane Sokak No:29, Istanbul, Turkey

Very good hostel and I would stay here again if I were going back to Istanbul. A two minute walk from the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia plus the Grand Bazaar is right there too. Only minor issue is wifi only works in the lobby but that's no issue for me at least. I would recommend this place to any of my friends.

• 27th Mar 2014

The hostel was lovely and although we changed from dorm to private (due to a 42 hour journey from hell) we could see that the dorm rooms looked really nice. Comfy beds, nice staff, amazing wifi in the lobby with great seated areas and plugs and a cute little bar area. The thing that really made this hostel amazing was the price and the location. You're a 10 minute walk from the Blue Mosque and the tram systems whiz you anywhere you need to go. The Grand Bazaar is literally 5 minutes away!! ^^

• 25th Mar 2014

The luggage room is a bit far from staffs and I was a bit nervous putting in my luggages there because room wasn't locked, staffs do speak english well.

Good hostel, cheap for Istanbul. It was like packed for some sort of conference of something while I was there so it was hard to get a feel for the normal atmosphere. They had ping pong but it cost per hour and the wifi didn't work in the rooms. I'd probably stay somewhere else if I was staying in Istanbul for longer than a night, but for just a night its very cheap.

Thank you to a most kind staff that truly loves hospitality and shows what being a great host is all about! Hostel itself is convenientely located and very close to Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar and all other city attractions. Rooms are spacious and immaculate. Bathrooms extremely well maintained and always clean. One suggestion would be refilling the soap dispenser in the WC but that is all. Keep up the good work! I'm sure to stay here again when in Istanbul.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I few things could be improved to make it better, but I plan on staying there again. I stayed in the 10 bed female dorm, and it was freezing, the heater didn't seem to be working properly. The only other thing that could be better is the guest kitchen - there were no utensils, cups or much to use. The fridge is tiny, so it's hard to buy groceries and cook. The staff were very helpful, and all spoke very good English. I will be going back to stay again

No internet in the rooms as I expected. I had to go to the lobby. For that reason alone I won't be using this hotel again.

Great place close to the major tourist locations of Istanbul (blue mosque / Hagia Sophia). Clean place. No pool table when we were there, but they did have Ping Pong !! (Even better). Expensive breakfast offered but right next to the store where you can get bread and cheese for 2 people for 2$. Over priced airport shuttle but it was convenient for our early flight. Nice showers. Pretty solid wifi in the lobby also containing jenga, chess, backgammon, english newspaper, a coffee shop, and birds!

Excellent location, 5 minutes walking to Blue Mesque. Very nice and cleaned rooms and baths. The only thing I didn't like, is the kitchen. Is a little bit small, no much kitchen utensils and is closed early.

Our experience at Cordial House was the best hostel experience we've had to date on our backpacking trip. The hostel was extremely clean and the beds were very comfortable. Public transportation is close which is nice for getting to the airport and train station. Everyone at the hostel was very social and we had a great time meeting people from all around the world. I highly recommend taking the Bosphorus tour that goes all the way to Anadolu Kavagi. It is a great way to get to know the city.

• 9th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

One of good hostels that I have stayed.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • South Korea

We spent ten enjoyable days at the Cordial House and look forward to returning there. We have recommended the Cordial House to other travelers and they have also been pleased by the service and facilities.

• 25th Dec 2013

such a wonderful stay, very friendly service. Very beautiful place to stay. HIGHLY recommended! I stayed for two days, and managed to get the main things I wanted to do with the help of staff. It is literally a minute away from the transport station, so travelling was super easy. Breakfast buffet was super tasty, it had such a good variety.

• 25th Dec 2013

As hostels go - this is by far one of the best I've ever stated in. It may sound cliche but standards here are very very good. The welcome we received was informative, helpful and friendly. We even got a cup of tea! Even if you're not a 'hostel person' or haven't stayed in one before - this is an excellent value for money stay on the fringes of a vibrant and safe part of Istanbul. I'd recommend it to anybody looking for an affordable trip to Istanbul. I hope to stay there again soon!

• 25th Dec 2013

Excellent location, easy access, friendly staff and clean room. Simple and nice decoration. We only stayed one night, but would go back again..

Access to kitchen is limited. Did not mentioned about exclusion of breakfast when getting the cheapest deal they offered. Staff not friendly. We had no euro money in hand when paying, so we decided to pay in TL, later we found out that we were charged extra when converted back in Euro.

10 points!

Everything here was perfect. Clean rooms. Regularly cleaned bathrooms with really good showers and plenty of them. Location is amazing. Staff are nice. Will always use this hostel. Definitely recommend :))

It was my 2nd time at Cordial House already. I value their location most - 5 mins walk to the Blue Mosque, a tram stop nearby, simple ride from/to the airport. In a city of crazy traffic jams you do appreciate that. Lockers at each bed would be nice - I think the only have ones downstaris and do charge extra for them.

Bathrooms with problems - lights was not working n without papers - there aren't lockers and the bedrooms are always open for everybody - the staffs are quite rude and some bedrooms was very stinky.

• 4th Nov 2013