Cordial House Hostel Reviews

Divanyolu Caddesi Peykane Sokak No:19, Istanbul, Turkey

Excellent location, 5 minutes walking to Blue Mesque. Very nice and cleaned rooms and baths. The only thing I didn't like, is the kitchen. Is a little bit small, no much kitchen utensils and is closed early.

Our experience at Cordial House was the best hostel experience we've had to date on our backpacking trip. The hostel was extremely clean and the beds were very comfortable. Public transportation is close which is nice for getting to the airport and train station. Everyone at the hostel was very social and we had a great time meeting people from all around the world. I highly recommend taking the Bosphorus tour that goes all the way to Anadolu Kavagi. It is a great way to get to know the city.

• 9th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

Great location and staff

One of good hostels that I have stayed.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • South Korea

We spent ten enjoyable days at the Cordial House and look forward to returning there. We have recommended the Cordial House to other travelers and they have also been pleased by the service and facilities.

• 25th Dec 2013

such a wonderful stay, very friendly service. Very beautiful place to stay. HIGHLY recommended! I stayed for two days, and managed to get the main things I wanted to do with the help of staff. It is literally a minute away from the transport station, so travelling was super easy. Breakfast buffet was super tasty, it had such a good variety.

• 25th Dec 2013

As hostels go - this is by far one of the best I've ever stated in. It may sound cliche but standards here are very very good. The welcome we received was informative, helpful and friendly. We even got a cup of tea! Even if you're not a 'hostel person' or haven't stayed in one before - this is an excellent value for money stay on the fringes of a vibrant and safe part of Istanbul. I'd recommend it to anybody looking for an affordable trip to Istanbul. I hope to stay there again soon!

• 25th Dec 2013

Excellent location, easy access, friendly staff and clean room. Simple and nice decoration. We only stayed one night, but would go back again..

Access to kitchen is limited. Did not mentioned about exclusion of breakfast when getting the cheapest deal they offered. Staff not friendly. We had no euro money in hand when paying, so we decided to pay in TL, later we found out that we were charged extra when converted back in Euro.

10 points!

Everything here was perfect. Clean rooms. Regularly cleaned bathrooms with really good showers and plenty of them. Location is amazing. Staff are nice. Will always use this hostel. Definitely recommend :))

It was my 2nd time at Cordial House already. I value their location most - 5 mins walk to the Blue Mosque, a tram stop nearby, simple ride from/to the airport. In a city of crazy traffic jams you do appreciate that. Lockers at each bed would be nice - I think the only have ones downstaris and do charge extra for them.

Bathrooms with problems - lights was not working n without papers - there aren't lockers and the bedrooms are always open for everybody - the staffs are quite rude and some bedrooms was very stinky.

• 4th Nov 2013

Everything was ok.

A good hostel for a short stay. The key system is a bit poorly thought out, they don't have lockers available in the rooms, and the bathrooms are not terribly clean but overall a pretty good hostel. Comfortable beds, quiet rooms, and a good price.

especially like the lobby and common room area, such a good place to hang out. Modern design hostel with good atmosphere, you will find it's close to everything, metro station, bus stops, supermarket etc. easy walking distance to famous spots in Sultanahment, good deal!

Awesome hostel! We had our own room which was really nice - value for money was top notch. Very close to everything - a great stay.

The saving grace of this place is it is cheap and it's in a great location. Otherwise I felt the place lacked any atmosphere. It has a stale common area and I don't think I saw a staff member smile once. On a side note there is no HOT TUB as advertised and the pool table is broken currently. Also you can't fill up your water bottle at the bar as you have to buy it. Just all round not up to my low standards during my stay.

The carpet kind of smelly and the thick blanket in the closet is horrible smell, nearly fainted when I open the closet to take the cloth hanger. Luckily the room that I stayed has a small balcony, which help a lot, I open the door and window most of the time to air the room. The light in the 2nd floor ladies toilet need to fix, dark and sensor didn't work properly, I have to shower in the dark at night.

• 28th Sep 2013
  • Malaysia

Hostel was fantastic. Very clean and well equipped. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The best hostel we have ever stayed in.