Cordial House Hostel Reviews

Divanyolu Caddesi Peykane Sokak No:19, Istanbul, Turkey

Location and price are the only good things about this hostel. But you get what you pay for. And at this hostel they make you pay extra for everything: lockers, computers, breakfast, ping pong, etc. There's only one key for each dorm so it's not secure at all. The common area is uncomfortable wooden benches, there's no atmosphere. No AC, or fans. The street outside is noisy. The bathroom light shuts off every 2 min.

The place seems safe, judging by the people that stay there, but the rooms lacked individual lockers, and you had to paid for using the lockers at the reception. Weird. Also, just one key for a room of 10 people that doesn't even know each other is also a fault. But in general, it was a very good value for money, as the place is awesomely located and it has good facilities, spatious rooms and lobby and a gigantic dining area. The staff could be more well trained and speak a better english.

The employees of the Cordial House Hotel,are very positieve to their guests! They are very nice and helpful,also in all my travel questions! The breakfast buffet was good,if you look at choice out there,you pay 10 TlRL The hotel is close to all the highlights of the city .At the Ataturk airport there are ATM. From theAtaturk Airport you can use the metro/tram to the tramstop .. Cemberlitas ony150m from the hotel. For metro,trarm,boot, you can buy the ...Istanbulkart..Easy and cheaper.

My sister and I stayed at Cordial House Hostel for over a week while staying in Istanbul and absolutely loved it!

Ive good times during staying at Istanbul. Thanks for... and Ill recommend to my frienda wanting to visit Istanbul.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Staffs are super helpful and nice! They have a luggage storage room for checked out guests who still want to sightsee for the day. However, there is no individual lockers, only a open access room for all guests. But other than that, this hostel is a great pick! It's super close to Ayasofya, blue mosque and the grand bazaar. There is a metro station nearby on the way to Ayasofya, so it's easy to get around. Highly recommend this place for backpacker or just looking for a place to stay in Istanbu.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Some staff were totally inadequate. Almost inept. However there were 2 staff who almost made up for the others. Also, one key for the room is dreadful as I travel alone or with one other person and not with 10, so please get more keys! Location was great.

It's pretty okay the rooms

Hostel is not a convenient wet cyclists. Morning from 7 to 12 kitchen is not available.

• 10th May 2014
  • Ukraine

Very loud because of other groups, management had an organisation problem, most of the people gad to change rooms at least once

• 8th May 2014

The Wifi only being in the lobby was kind of a bummer, but over all it was great!!!

• 29th Apr 2014

Nice place to stay, very well placed and cheap. But it was a little hard to find it and there is no lockers in the room.

Hı Thans very much for your stay ıt was a pleasure haıng you wıth us. The descrıptıon on the websıte are pretty clear and you also have our contact number ın case of emergency. we are sorry ıf you got dıstressed. Also we keep the lookers ın the recetıon area as we thınk your belongıngs are safer under a 24 hou control of a traıned hostel staff

Close to public transport and the main attractions in Sultanahmet.

The Wifi didn't work in the second floor and the bathroom was not very clean. Good location, can be far for some people but i could easily go to Hagia Sofia or the Blue Mosque walking(10-15 minutes) if doesn't want to walk there is a Tram just around the corner.

Very good hostel and I would stay here again if I were going back to Istanbul. A two minute walk from the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia plus the Grand Bazaar is right there too. Only minor issue is wifi only works in the lobby but that's no issue for me at least. I would recommend this place to any of my friends.

• 27th Mar 2014

The hostel was lovely and although we changed from dorm to private (due to a 42 hour journey from hell) we could see that the dorm rooms looked really nice. Comfy beds, nice staff, amazing wifi in the lobby with great seated areas and plugs and a cute little bar area. The thing that really made this hostel amazing was the price and the location. You're a 10 minute walk from the Blue Mosque and the tram systems whiz you anywhere you need to go. The Grand Bazaar is literally 5 minutes away!! ^^

• 25th Mar 2014

The luggage room is a bit far from staffs and I was a bit nervous putting in my luggages there because room wasn't locked, staffs do speak english well.

Good hostel, cheap for Istanbul. It was like packed for some sort of conference of something while I was there so it was hard to get a feel for the normal atmosphere. They had ping pong but it cost per hour and the wifi didn't work in the rooms. I'd probably stay somewhere else if I was staying in Istanbul for longer than a night, but for just a night its very cheap.

Thank you to a most kind staff that truly loves hospitality and shows what being a great host is all about! Hostel itself is convenientely located and very close to Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar and all other city attractions. Rooms are spacious and immaculate. Bathrooms extremely well maintained and always clean. One suggestion would be refilling the soap dispenser in the WC but that is all. Keep up the good work! I'm sure to stay here again when in Istanbul.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I few things could be improved to make it better, but I plan on staying there again. I stayed in the 10 bed female dorm, and it was freezing, the heater didn't seem to be working properly. The only other thing that could be better is the guest kitchen - there were no utensils, cups or much to use. The fridge is tiny, so it's hard to buy groceries and cook. The staff were very helpful, and all spoke very good English. I will be going back to stay again