Corfu Backpackers Reviews

Agios Gordios Beach, West coast, Corfu, Greece

Stayed for one night and I was very glad to leave!

Loved the dinners and breakfast and the quad safari was great fun. Night life can be a bit strange but still a great hostel

My friend and I stayed in a twin private room in the pink palace, it was old and dirty. The food was great and staff was very outgoing. However, the major complaint I have is that there were a few guys who put date rape in some girls drinks at the bar, and when the owner was told about the incident, he said those guys would be kicked out. However the guys offered him money to stay, and the owner accepted. For that, I would never stay again, nor recommend it.

• 14th Aug 2015

Good place to stay

THIS IS THE PINK PALACE!!! People smashing glasses outside our windows and yelling loudly all night. The 'corfu backpackers' is actually jus the part of the pink palace which is attached to the beach bar which is where ALL the parties are, really noisy. Met quite a few others that were really disappointed with the fact that they had marketed this as the relaxing 'family friendly' corfu backpackers. Also kept our deposit which we made on this website which was annoying.

Would be great if someone books for hostel, to check with the person if he minds noisy crowds stretching late into the deep night? The pink palace hotel may suit the person better. And thanks to the staff eg Farni who suggests I check out 2 hours later than normal because I was experiencing headaches! It's kind of the staff. And helpful staff Posni to help drive guests who have ridiculous luggage bags up and down the slope.

Yeah good!

I stayed here with 4 other guys to end our interrailling trip and i was by far the highlight of the trip. The staff are great, the included breakfast and dinner are amazing and having an airconditioned room on the beach for 18 euros per night is just unthinkable. i would not however recommend this place for families as it is a crazy wild place that families wouldn't enjoy

This is the perfect hostel for fresh teenagers who have not travelled before or perhaps if it's their first time away from home. The cooked meals were good,just how mummy makes it and it provided good opportunities for young awkward people to meet other young awkward people by way of peer pressure, excessive alcohol consumption and the sexualisation of everything possible. Bravo Pink Palace! For the real travelers, check out Sun Rock hostel. Same deal, without the creepy school summer camp vibe

We didn't like the stay. They charged us again the booking fee. The room was terrible. It was warned to us, but even so the money didn't worth it. The room was incredibly hot, but there was a fan available (what was good). We had to leave the window open, so there was mosquitos. They gave us that eletric device to kill it, but there was only one plug, so there was space only for the fan. We asked for a T to put more then one thing in one plug but the didn't have. The space in the beach is cool.

Craziest 10 days of my life!-returned home a broken woman but had a lot of fun people were cool.

• 29th Jul 2015

just an amazing place - you definitely have to stay there. I ended up extending my stay 2 times.

Great place

The meals are the best!!

First thing to be be careful: THEY WILL NOT RETURN YOUR MONEY DEPOSIT on your check in if you don't ask. And this didn't happened only with me but with some people i've met there too. Positives: good food at the hostel, Agios Gordios is beautiful, nice bars around, the room was clean and comfortable. Negatives: everybody smoking at the reception, worst wifi ever, the driver of the shuttle bus is very rude, rude staff, everything very far, heavy atmosphere.

The only thing that bothered me was that the transfer from the airport was 1h30 late!

The beach is just down the hill but coming back up the slope breaks legs. That was the worst part about this place. Dinner and breakfast were amazing and surprisingly plenty. The place however tries to push people to party and overly sexualises it to make it some kind of a carnal haven. I found it to be way too desperate. Highly recommended for nymphomaniacs though.

it is a very nice Hostel, but it is far away from the Corfu town you should organise well your schedule because the last bus from the city centre is 20:30. The beach in front of the hostel is amazing but you should explore the other places in the village (the staff will try to make you give up of this idea). As pros: the breakfast and dinner are delicious, the hostel has everything you need, including a mini market and they have transfer go the airport as well.

This is the pink palace. Not separate. Good for solo traveller. Free dinner and breakfast pretty good. Booze cruise a bit of a rip off as it offers no booze. Upgrade to 3 person room for air on. Staff like to get naked. You could also probably drink for free I'd you decide to get naked too. Seems like there are more staff than guests... No wonder Greece is in financial crisis.

Make it clear that Corfu Backpackers & Pink Palace are the same place. Upon upgrading my room I was moved to the pink palace buildings. Only 3 in a room, private bathroom & balcony. Upgrade also includes brekky and dinner, all for an extra €6. So worth it. It is a very party orientated hostel with drinking activities and games during the day and evening. For the most part I lazed on the beach and enjoyed the local area. Staff are very friendly and helpful, making you feel welcome. :)