Corfu Backpackers Reviews

Agios Gordios Beach, West coast, Corfu, Greece

I was left at the airport.

Go prepared to walk a lot os stairs! Seriously the reception is up the hill, but you stay at the bottom close to the beach, witch is very nice. Pick up the dinner&breakfast it worth it. Dont depent on the receptions girls for much, they are not very into helping people. the wifi dosent work at the rooms but it okay to be a little offline afterall, the wifi works at the bar that is right in front of the beach and its possible to see the sunset and rise, very awesome.

it should be made a bit more clear that Corfu backpackers and the pink palace are in fact the same place, as the info on hostelworld makes them seem like they are different which could be a shock if you didn't want the party atmosphere

Awesome place to party. Don't book this place if you are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday. Legendary boat trip and lots of other organized activities.

not close to corfu town at all, takes 30 minutes by shuttle that only goes at certain times during the day. wifi is only at reception and beach bar and is slow and tough to connect to. even though dinner is included, it's the same every single night! huge party hostel. you get a free welcome shot of something gross and pink. beautiful beach. super market just up the road. 121 steps PLUS another 10-15 minute walk down to the beach (walking back up is the worst thing ever in +35 heat)

Lovely beach, good price and nice to have food included. Lovely break for backpackers, however hotel tries to cater to party holidays, family holidays and backpackers without really getting it spot on for any of the groups. Reception staff good, but expect differentiated treatment from the rest if you are under 30 or travelling without kids - crazy policy of drinks/no drinks with meals, nobody really understood. Also loud party atmosphere at night.

Total lack of service and they tried to rip us off. The shuttle driver was either drunk or high.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Very disappointing stay. We were misled when booking, after we booked did we received an email stating that Corfu Backpackers is now an affiliate of Pink Palace Youth Hostel where we were given a room.The 'party' hostel was filled with very young travelers. Reception staff were rude and not helpful. They double booked our rooms and also misplaced my passport. We booked a 5 bedroom female dorm, which has a male guest. The bathroom was also disgusting, no vent & on one night no light.

• 18th Jul 2014

Just didnt think i was booking at the Pink Palace!

It's a party hostel ! Located quite close to a good beach, it has a swimming pool, a night club and a cool bar. Staff is friendly, and the do different activities every day from boat parties to toga nights and sports tournaments, of course, always with drinking involved ! I really liked my stay here and would be great to come back ! If you are not in to parties, it's fine, the hostel is quite massive so you can stay there, also have a good time, and won't be bothered by other people.

There is no such thing as corfu backpackers. You are staying at the pink palace, so get ready for a party hostel atmosphere. I had an amazing time anyway. Food is good, beach is gorgeous, and they have many activities that go on daily through the hostel. I wish they would get key cards though, as we only had two keys to share between three people in the room and then you have to leave it at reception for the day. I don't know if they have another reason for this though

We didn't actually stay at Corfu backpackers, we stayed at the pink palace. From what I understand corfu backpackers doesn't exist, it's all the pink palace now.

• 12th Jun 2014

Cool place to stay

The location, facilities (especially the beach-lodge area), and food were very pleasant, but the security was spotty at best. A girl (luckily, not a thief) told the receptionist she was my roommate and was given a key in the middle of the night, and while she took nothing, she caused a disturbance and was generally disrespectful of my space and sleep. I am, however, glad that free safety deposit boxes were available and made use of them.

Great atmosphere but they are doing their best to get your money out of you. Some activities are over priced for what you pay for. Rooms are tiny. In saying that if you are into having a party with lots of drinking it's the place to go.

Corfu Backpackers (a.k.a The Pink Palace) is a party hostel located near one of the sandy beaches in Corfu. They run booze cruises and ATV tours. If you enjoy playing flip-cup and doing tequila shots, it's ideal! The rooms are clean and they also include breakfast (meh) and dinner (actually really good) in the price if your room costs over €20. It's not really set up to allow you to see the island but I may go back if going in a group! p.s. Better for groups of single people!

fantastic place!! super friendly staff, party atmosphere, daily trips, beach bar and free wifi in the lobby/beach bar. we had the included breakfast/supper. breakfast was eggs, toast, yogurt, cereal. supper was huge and delicious!!! they also cater to allergies/vegetarian/etc. our room was clean, large, with a sea view and a patio, but single beds only. so as a couple we had to push two singles together. room wasn't right on the beach but only a 5-10 minute walk away.

Greatest place in Corfu. Very good deals, best activities/ parties with a very helpful and friendly staff. Spent a great week there and might come back in the near future.

This Hostel is owned by the same family that owns the Pink Palace. So I was put in the Pink Palace, but I didn't mind. The hostel was great and the staff were very helpful and friendly. It almost felt like a small resort, with different daily activities you could chose from.