Cork International Youth Hostel (An Oige) Reviews

1 Red Cliff, West End Rad, Cork, Ireland

The hostel was spacious, the room was nice and ensuite. I love to hear people brushing their teeth at 8am. The shower wasn't the best as you had to wait awhile for hot water which is fair enough. I understand that it sometimes takes awhile for hot water to come through the taps. The bathroom floor didn't seem very clean as there was tons of hair in the drain and nowhere to put my bath stuff except on the floor. The toilet area was also dusty. Other then that I thought the hostel was good.

Cleanliness was a big plus, especially getting your own sheets on arrival. The kitchen was clean too even though so many people used it. The dining room was very pleasant too.i

• 31st Mar 2014
  • South Africa

As many have already commented, it is kind of hard to find… especially at night… in the rain… But just go prepared with good directions! The bedrooms were nice, only slightly awkward with the sinks in the open area, but it's a hostel! The kitchen and dining areas were nice- although the lack of oven provided for some interesting cooking adventures. Finally, the common area closes kind of early which is inconvenient. Overall, once you find it, it's a good spot!

• 6th Mar 2014

We found that this hostel was ok for what we needed. As it was a hosteling international hostel we were expecting a slightly higher standard but for the price it was worth staying here. It's a bit of a walk into the centre but doable. The beds were comfortable. Beware of the floors after a shower though as it can be quite dangerous. I fell quite hard after slipping due to water on the floor.

I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually a pretty quiet hostel and I managed to sleep!. The kitchen was also clean, and the staff were helpful. The only complaint would be the gas stoves, a bit hard to light!. Overall, a basic, clean, inexpensive place to stay. I had everything I needed. I do wish the kitchen was a bit bigger, and the showers are weird, you have to keep pushing the button to get the water to flow.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Portugal

Typical Youth Hostel - but the mold on the walls was really disgusting.

will go and stay again, helpful staff :]

• 20th Dec 2013

The staffs are good and efficient. We really love their flexibility.

nice hostel, nice staff but we missed a ventilator in the bathroom

• 10th Dec 2013

Some good folk about this place.

As good as ever and very agreeable for the guests.

Hostel was fine..

Stayed here nearly 2 weeks, cant fault this place really, only downside was not enough plates cooking utensil`s but if you asked reception they would give you more pots and pans, when kitchen very busy there wasnt plates, I think only about 4 plates so they could do with more.

Overall our stay was excellent. The location is a little off putting when you are walking from train or bus station, so if you have a lot of luggage i suggest taking a local bus or taxi. Otherwise it is about a 20 minute walk into town from the hostel. The rooms were well heated, nice linens, facilities were clean, and the security was really appreciated.

• 29th Oct 2013

My stay has been really nice and quiet, I had a great time there ! Thank you.

• 23rd Oct 2013

during my stay I became quite ill.Staff at the hostel worked tirelessly to get me a doctors appointment and treatment. Thank you