Cork International Youth Hostel (An Oige) Reviews

1&2 Redclyffe, Western Road, Cork, Ireland

Good hostel at a good price. Staff were really helpful.

Great stay at the hostel. I wanted somewhere to stay in the city that was close to college and the city centres attractions and that's exactly what I got. The room was spotless and as a nice bonus the heaters had been put on in the room for when I got back from college. Also I could do my own thing and return at any time which was great, it was a nice feel of privacy :)

• 27th Jan 2015

I was attending a course in the University across the road so the location was perfect for me. Also it's not much of a walk to the centre, 15/20 mins. My only problem with the place was that the carpets, mirrors etc were quite dirty.

• 9th Dec 2014

The hostel is 25-30 min walk from the city centre. There're nice caffes, restaurants and pubs along the way. It's really convenient if you need to go to UCC. If not, it's a bit off the beaten track, but it's hard to argue with the price. Staff were nice, specially the lad, and they had 2 Yorkie pups at reception that were really affectionate. More than once there wasn't anyone around, and the entrance door was open, so anyone can just walk in unchecked/unnoticed. Rooms were VERY basic.

Everything was fine except for the absence of lockers.

Quiet and clean hostel, great value for money. The only downside maybe, that don't provide lockers. Otherwise perfect, definitely will be back.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Slovakia

Nice quiet hostel. Good atmosphere and really worth it.

Lovely, calm place to stay. Staff were very helpful

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Wales

The good vs excellent has a major effect on the rating..... Negatively. However my experience was not. I've stayed here 3 times now and it's always for the night before the airport as I head out of town. The staff are great, limited parking but it works, and rooms are breathable with open windows. I will continue to stay here. And the price is unbeaten!! Not fancy but very functional. Thanks again!!

Great value for the cheap price, clean room, not close to the center though and the buses aren't frequent.

The Hostel is okay for its price and the staff was helpful. Several things though that could be considered. The kitchen facility opens at 7.45 AM, which I find rather late. The kitchen has only the most basic stuff, not even a knife to peel potato with or cut carots or such. The soda machine would do much better in the dining room as they make noise and the lounge could be a lot quieter without them. Also, sink is in the sleeping room, which makes it quite hard to not disturb other people.

• 10th Sep 2014

the shower is a little annoying, I have press the button every 15-20seconds!

No complaints here. It's about a 10 minute walk from the city centre. Cork is easy to get around on foot. The showers are push buttoned, bit annoying. The staff are great.

Congratulation for your Hostel! Probably one of the best when I stay, the staff is very nice, the services are perfects and the atmosphere is very friendly - off course we are in Irish!!

• 29th Aug 2014