Cork International Youth Hostel (An Oige) Reviews

1&2 Redclyffe, Western Road, Cork, Ireland

all nice, very calm place.

• 21st Aug 2015

we were a group of 8 and we were only a night, starting early the next day. I am unable to judge

The kitchen facilities are horrible, no free sugar and only 2 dirty pans.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Spain

It's a simple hostel, but quiet. Spacious rooms and working toilets and showers. There is a good living room with soft s ofas. In the kitchen you have a drinking water machine, so that you don't need to buy it. The staff is helpfull. Of course there are rooms for boys and rooms for girls

Staff were super friendly :) Guy at front desk allowed me to use their phone to call my tour company which they don't usually allow. Also the girl who was helping in the kitchen was very nice with cleaning up and attending to me. The chef gave me a discount on my food since I didn't eat it all which was very nice. Location sucks. You have to cab (expensive) or bus (only run every hour). Wifi only works on main lobby which sucks at night time and morning. Overall good hostel.

Very decent place for the price. However it would have been nice to have lamps and plugs for each bed. Bathrooms, without being dirty, didn't inspire cleanliness either. The common and dining area are quite lovely though, reading a book on a quiet evening was very enjoyable.

We only stayed for one night. The hostel and staff were nice, the only problem was parking - there s only space for about 6 cars in the hostel's parking lot, the rest has to stay on the road - paid parking! we stayed in a twin room ensuite...nice room, bathroom ok.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Slovakia

The staff helped where they could but ultimately you have a hostel that smells like it used to be a nursing home, where the kitchen barely has anything besides two burners and a microwave and where the wifi barely works, even when you sit downstairs (no chance of using it in your room). Its not the cheapest hostel for what youre getting, which isnt a whole lot. The rooms are big and spacious with good windows, but other than that i cant really think of anything that made my experience here good

We had a very pleasant stay. Our room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. It was a nice walk to city centre and there is a lovely park next to the hostel. A good value for the cost :) We recommend it!

• 26th Jun 2015

It was only a 15 minute walk from the city centre and it was pretty much just a straight road to town and there is a nice lough about another 15 minute walk from the hostel. Nice place and I made some new friends.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Scotland

The shower was very moldy, my only complaint. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again. Just be aware it is about a 20 minute walk into city centre.

Very average experience. Has everything you need and nothing flashy. It's a good, cheap stay.

Definitely not the best place, but it's what I paid for I guess.

A little far from the bus stop than I thought however the property was pleasant to stay and was well provided with security and value for money. Thank you for making my first night stay in Cork pleasant

I'm an early bird and couldn't check out because there was no staff. I just left the keycard at the desk. Maybe a postbox or something would help.

Hostel located outside of the city center. Poor facilities. Breakfast is not included in the price. Hostel is not expensive, but still - poor value for your money.

Hostel was cozy and tidy for one night stay. Little out of town maybe, but University is close so morning walk was really great :).

The hostel is quite far from cork city centre, about 30 minute walk. There were a lot of people staying here so it was loud and the kitchen was always full. The staff was nice but sometimes hard to find. Overall not the nicest hostel I've stayed at in Ireland.

The youth hostel is ideally located and clean. The kitchen and the room are good. Thanks.

Good hostel for the price. But we reserved a twin bedroom and finally we were in a 4 bedroom because they have only 2 twin bedroom but they rent some 4 bedroom just for 2 person as twin bedroom.

• 21st Apr 2015